Home

WIP: [k1] The Rise of Thrawn

correllian_thug

Well i'm already attempting to make a major mod for the game. The story isn't concrete yet but will focus around Grand admiral Thrawn (an i'm aware of the big diff in the Era). There will be new NPC's, i want to make it dialogue activated and there will be new areas,

the planet containing Hand of Thrawn, using the modules of Korriban

Bastion (head of empire) using modules of Taris.

The Relentless: Thrawn's Capital ship, i'd like to use the Leviathan but if it's not possible than The endire spire modules should suffice....

I have so far to go still but the aim is to make you able to choose to either wipe out Thrawn and steal his secrets or join him on a darkside path. If possible i'll make an alternate dark ending where after defeating Malak you are by Thrawn's side in control of the Star Forge....

To active this mod i was thinking of having a hermit that can be found in the crystal caves of Dantooine who will tell you of a powerfull leader and will also double as a historian....(plenty of Galactic History to learn)

So what to you think? i'd really like advice on the ideas, the forums for the mod can be found in my sig if you wish to comment there.

Ok so far if done 4 Characters, i've completed Thrawn, New clothing for female jedi and new colours for sith and republic uniform. This is all in aid of making the old republic into the new so there's going to be way more changes to come.

I have however chosen to make the jedi clothing and the soldier changes available seperate from the thrawn mod as well and will be found in the taris upper city emporium soon.

thrawnby3.jpg

<a href=jedior6.th.jpg' alt='jedior6.th.jpg'>

republicofficergr2.th.jpg

trooperip6.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

During your quest for the star Forge on Dantooine you will find a hermit in the crystal caves of Dantooine. the hermit is a cronicler of galactic history. upon talking to him he will tell you about a great military leader, greater than the mandalorians, Grand Admiral Thrawn.

as you continue to talk he will offer you a safe way onto Thrawn's flagship, on the condition you retreive an item for him in thrawns gallery of artifacts. the hermit assures you that thrawn is away on business and you accept....

after spawning on the flagship in trooper disguise, you are able to freely search the ship, find the item and maybe take something for yerself. However things take a change right here, a soldier starts questioning what your doing, no matter what you say you can't convince the soldier that you're who you say you are and you find yerself out of disguise infont of thrawn.

Thrawn is actually happy to see you and wants you on his side, he offers you a task to fly to bastion and secure an ally of the leader there after that you will meet up on another planet Thrawns HQ also containing the hand of Thrawn. accept the task and end up back on dantooine with the coordinates to the planet or refuse and end up in a cell where you have to break out and fight your way out before ending up on dantooine able to fly to the planet.

wether you decided to help or not, when you get to bastion you have a chance to change your choice, you must use a trooper uniform to walk around or face continuous attacks. you have two options, 1. persuade the leader for an alliance or 2.take the oppertunity to break into bastions archives and get precious information that could be given to the hermit back on dantooine for a reward. you will also have an oppertunity to help a civilian escape bastion or dob him in and gain favour with the leader. after choosing to do either of the side quests you are able to access the meeting planet with thrawn.

Caves (side quest and story line not confirmed yet)

the H.Q enter thrawns base and do a bit of exploring before talking to thrawn, you will find some prisoners you can help free. when your done exploring talk to thrawn, if you kept to your word and did what he asked he will reward you and offer you a place by his side.

Note: you will have to convince him that your on his side first if you refused to help upon meeting on his flagship

However if you turn up and you haven't done his task then again you will have to fight your way out also killing thrawn.

after doing all these things no matter what side you took you fly back to dantooine to meet up with the hermit and rap up the story. Apart from the flagship the other areas you will be able to return anytime but with no real worth that i can think of yet.....

Note: if you ally with thrawn it may lead to an alternate ending, but i need to see how i can do this first.

now the part of the caves may be in it but first a question, is it possible to make dialogue for the creatures in the cave of korriban and make em friendlies? i was hoping to make the cave have those creatures the qom que and qom jae the bat like creatures from the hand of thrawn books. also instaed of making this mod a new republic thing it's now just a non canon story in the old republic

• 1 month later...

For now The rise of thrawn mod is on hold, after weeks of prep i have finally come to the realisation that i havent got the skill to make a major MOD at this time, instead i will focus on minor things like changing the appearance of areas or characters, adding more dialogue and hoepfully as i learn i'll be able to add new items or props in the game. i take my hat off to silveredge and all the others that have brought us extended content for the games you guys really rock!

no worries mate this MOD is still very much in my mind and i will get back to it and i hope sooner rather than later i've always wanted another side that werent influenced by the force just to make a nice medium between the to main factions, the changes i will be doing to planets appearance will ultimately end up on the mod as reskins of current planets or a completely different module but like i said thats still something have so much to learn about.

Archived