Home

50 Cent says file-sharing is okay

I personally feel zero sympathy for the record companies. They've vilified filesharing instead of working with P2P networks to make everyone happy. Every time I hear the RIAA talk about suing people I want to drop a bomb on their headquarters.

At least 50 cent sounds somewhat educated about the process. All of the other artists I've heard talk about filesharing have toed the corporate line about how it hurts the artists and all that other crap.

Even if it did hurt the artists most of the artists that have come out directly against P2P make more in a year than I will in my lifetime. I have no sympathy for them either.

Maybe I'm bitter, and maybe I'd have a different view if I was a millionaire record executive or a millionaire recording artist, but it seems to me that they're all shortsighted and fail to see that they could potentially benefit from working with filesharers instead of against them.

I personally feel zero sympathy for the record companies. They've vilified filesharing instead of working with P2P networks to make everyone happy. Every time I hear the RIAA talk about suing people I want to drop a bomb on their headquarters.

At least 50 cent sounds somewhat educated about the process. All of the other artists I've heard talk about filesharing have toed the corporate line about how it hurts the artists and all that other crap.

Even if it did hurt the artists most of the artists that have come out directly against P2P make more in a year than I will in my lifetime. I have no sympathy for them either.

Maybe I'm bitter, and maybe I'd have a different view if I was a millionaire record executive or a millionaire recording artist, but it seems to me that they're all shortsighted and fail to see that they could potentially benefit from working with filesharers instead of against them.

Quoted for utter truth

Most corporate sellouts that side with the RIAA are just scared of losing their multi-million $$$ contracts so the record companies will say jump and they'll be "how high and if I'm jumping how can I still be kissing you behind?"

Metallica has lost any respect of mine that was still left in me after their whole Napster deal, *cough*rubbish corporate whore slaves*cough*

Quoted for utter truth

Most corporate sellouts that side with the RIAA are just scared of losing their multi-million $$$ contracts so the record companies will say jump and they'll be "how high and if I'm jumping how can I still be kissing you behind?"

Metallica has lost any respect of mine that was still left in me after their whole Napster deal, *cough*rubbish corporate whore slaves*cough*

Not to mention most corporate sellouts suck, but are marketable so they sell a few million and top a couple charts just from people giving them a test run.

Archived