Home

Deadeye Duncan

Seamhainn

Hello!

What is the name of the .utc file of Deadeye Duncan (or the name if his Tag)? Does the game keep track of the progress in the dueling arena on Taris, and where can I find the variable(s)?

As you might guess I want to toy a bit with Duncan on Manaan...

Thanks for any help!

I fiddled a bit with Duncan:

Why does he walk to a certain place no matter where I spawn him?

Where can I find the in-game script k_pman_duncan01 (I looked it up but could not find it)? It seems to make Duncan run into the door to Ahto City then run into the pc and vanish.

Thanks!

I fiddled a bit with Duncan:

Why does he walk to a certain place no matter where I spawn him?

Where can I find the in-game script k_pman_duncan01 (I looked it up but could not find it)? It seems to make Duncan run into the door to Ahto City then run into the pc and vanish.

Thanks!

I'm guessing that has something to do with waypoints.

...........Where can I find the in-game script k_pman_duncan01 (I looked it up but could not find it)? It seems to make Duncan run into the door to Ahto City then run into the pc and vanish.

Thanks!

You may want to rename the tag/resref. That should fix the waypoing issues. If not, you could also clear the "k_ptar"s from the scripts fields in the .utc file.

All of the scripts assocoated with the dueling arena are in:

RIMs-Modules-tar_m02ae_s.rim (using the KOTOR Tool).

There is a k_ptar_deadeye.ncs in there, but I did not decompile it to see what it does. As far as k_pman_duncan01, I can't find it either.

Thanks for the hints! The delevopers placed him there, and I will not change that. I will write a new vanishing script and hope to make it look a bit smoother. I just thought k_pman_duncan01 would giv away what the developers had in mind with Duncan.

Edit1:

K1 scripts can be decompiled???

Edit2:

I found k_pman_duncan01 as a compiled file. There is even a k_pman_duncan02 file (!) which might give hints what the developers intended to do with Duncan. Can the files really be decompiled? How?

Take care

Thanks for the hints! The delevopers placed him there, and I will not change that. I will write a new vanishing script and hope to make it look a bit smoother. I just thought k_pman_duncan01 would giv away what the developers had in mind with Duncan.

Edit1:

K1 scripts can be decompiled???

Edit2:

I found k_pman_duncan01 as a compiled file. There is even a k_pman_duncan02 file (!) which might give hints what the developers intended to do with Duncan. Can the files really be decompiled? How?

Take care

You can get DeNCS here:

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

It will decompile most K1 scripts.

I thought that you were going to place the Taris Deadeye on Manaan. I did not know that there was a Manaan version hidden away in the game files. It would certainly be interesting to find out what Bioware was planning to do with him.

Yes, she did, and I asked if I could use her work, but unfortunately she did not answer yet (holidays maybe).

As it stands now there is a way to get unlimted LS and/or DS points. I want to

a) change that and

b) make Duncan's disappearance look more smooth.

Also I am highly interested what the two original files do. I hope I get DeNCS to work!

Take care

Edit: I could decompile k_pman_duncan01

void main() {
SignalEvent(OBJECT_SELF, EventUserDefined(10));
}

Though I don't know what the script does.

Unfortunately the decompiling of k_pman_duncan02 did not work :-( .

Take care

Edit2: Sorry in advance for the double post!

I (nearly) finished the work:

- Duncan is spawned (though yet unconditionally in regards to what happened in the Taris duel ring - im am working on that next),

- the bug in Duncan's dialogue is fixed,

- Duncan disappears smoothly now.

I have also a save just before the pc meets Duncan. If anyone wants to host the restoration - CrisG?

Take care

Archived