Home

[WIP] K1: Deleted Shadowland (beta)

Seamhainn

Hello!

I consider the restoration/modding of the deleted Shadowland level as in a beta state. So I'd like that a kind playtester would go through that level a couple of times with different approaches.

As a native German with the German version of the game I ask if a German speaking person is around who can help me here.

In a second step, when all is good and well, I need another English speaking helper who can polish up my translations and can make an English version of the mod (entries in global.jrl and .dlg files).

If you want to help, please pm me.

Thanks and take care

This is a little off topic, but here it is anyway. Hey, Seamhainn, I see that you are German. Well, I'm working on my World War 2 New Area mod, and could use a German Voice actor. If you know anybody that will do this, or if you would do it yourself, it would add a very nice touch to have a complete German SSF.

Thanks!

This is a little off topic, but here it is anyway. Hey, Seamhainn, I see that you are German. Well, I'm working on my World War 2 New Area mod, and could use a German Voice actor. If you know anybody that will do this, or if you would do it yourself, it would add a very nice touch to have a complete German SSF.

Thanks!

I'll have a look into it though as I am neck deep into the Shadowlands (so to speak), I don't know when to do it. Also I don't have the equipment and know nothing about recording.

Take care

Well, I've just mostly finished (I died without a save :( ), and I've got a few comments:

1) Naturally, an entry point is needed. One which leads in nicely from the last level. Not too obscure or people will miss it. I'd say it should be guarded by a forcefield, like the entrance to the lower Shadowlands.

2) It needs a map. I found navigation confusing, and I frequently got disorientated.

3) Where the Jedi Master shows you the "dark presence", the arm of the monster goes right through the man standing there. The camera angle should be straight on, showing the big monster standing a good distance behind the dark Jedi.

4) The lipsyncs for the Twi'lek padawan don't work. And she desperately need a reskin.

5) When you help the wookie, your party NPCs don't attack. You have to manually select them and move them to attack.

6) Your NPCs get stuck frequently, especially when using Force Speed/Knight Speed, which is used a lot here, since of the large area.

7) I noticed a glitch: When you use whirlwind and then attack, you can instantly kill enemies. Not sure if this is confined to this level, or if its a global issue.

8) I think more random battles and/or another quest is needed here. It really is quite empty. Perhaps some more Mandalorians? Or a lost Czerka patrol squad - You can help them escape after they promise to stop working for the slave traders [requires a persuade check] (for LS), or kill them (DS), or leave them there if you can't persuade them to stop slave trading (where you see them get eaten by creatures for DS), or just help them escape even though they will keep working for the slave traders (for neutral).

9) I really think that the Master needs VOs. I understand what you did making him talk through the Force to avoid making him speak, but really, he needs to. I really dislike silent NPCs.

On the plus side, I think its fairly well balanced (ie, not super hard, I managed it as my first planet after Dantooine, well, almost managed it), the storyline makes sense mostly (though I think some lines need to be reworded, they're a little awkward) and the NPCs mostly walk normally (I understand the difficulties you had there). So overall, its good and has great potential.

Well, I've just mostly finished (I died without a save :( ), and I've got a few comments:

1) Naturally, an entry point is needed. One which leads in nicely from the last level. Not too obscure or people will miss it. I'd say it should be guarded by a forcefield, like the entrance to the lower Shadowlands.

I believe Seamhainn added a entry point, I didn't have a save on kashyyk, so I just warped there when testing.

2) It needs a map. I found navigation confusing, and I frequently got disorientated.

I don't think a map is possible at the moment. Also I found navigation fine.

4) The lipsyncs for the Twi'lek padawan don't work. And she desperately need a reskin.

6) Your NPCs get stuck frequently, especially when using Force Speed/Knight Speed, which is used a lot here, since of the large area.

8) I think more random battles and/or another quest is needed here. It really is quite empty. Perhaps some more Mandalorians? Or a lost Czerka patrol squad - You can help them escape after they promise to stop working for the slave traders [requires a persuade check] (for LS), or kill them (DS), or leave them there if you can't persuade them to stop slave trading (where you see them get eaten by creatures for DS), or just help them escape even though they will keep working for the slave traders (for neutral).

9) I really think that the Master needs VOs. I understand what you did making him talk through the Force to avoid making him speak, but really, he needs to. I really dislike silent NPCs.

4. Didn't noticed, but I think the syncing is fine. There was a whole folder of them.

6. I used Force Speed and it worked perfectly for me.

8. I agree with you there, but remember, this is just the beta version. I'll gladly help Seamhainn add more battles and such.

9. I actually thought the 'Force Voice' was a intriguing idea. If it was made a mod that continues through the game, you could master it and talk to party members without any enemies hearing.

Huh, I just found out that DJ did not pack everything as it was intended. I'll give him proper instructions how to pack things this weekend I think. Just a few things of note:

1. There ARE entrypoints between the shadowlands areas.

2. There IS a map. It was a real pain to make the proper waypoints appeare at the right time during the quest.

3. I will try to use another camera though I don't know what the devs offer here to use.

4. There ARE lypsincs for all characters who have something to say.

5. They do during my playthrougs.

6. The devs didn't offer a .pth file. So it is quite difficult for npc to walk porperly. Unfortunately I can't help it as we can't create .pth files. If you like walk normally.

7. I am not sure about this one.

8. That is a problem. As mentioned the .pth file is missing, and so I had to make sure the walking paths of the npcs don't collide. I will leave it as it is for the moment.

9. I know nothing about taping new VOs, and I as I am German I think I will not bother to much about it. I know of no one in the community who can offer help with VOs. That does not mean I would not want to implement new ones, but if you hear me talking English that would not enhance the game experience (quite the opposite ;-) ).

The awkward lines are either my doing or DJ's translations. Blame who you want for it!

Take care

Huh, I just found out that DJ did not pack everything as it was intended. I'll give him proper instructions how to pack things this weekend I think. Just a few things of note:

9. I know nothing about taping new VOs, and I as I am German I think I will not bother to much about it. I know of no one in the community who can offer help with VOs. That does not mean I would not want to implement new ones, but if you hear me talking English that would not enhance the game experience (quite the opposite ;-) ).

The awkward lines are either my doing or DJ's translations. Blame who you want for it!

Take care

Sorry, I think all those were my fault.

1. I'll await the instructions, and release it as a Beta V2.

2. I could use my voice for Master Vos, I'll send you a sample through an email.

3. The translations were entirely my fault, I'll fix them up before releasing the next beta version.

Jebus

Seam - I'll only release a second beta version if you want me to, if you want to wait until the final version, then I'll wait.

I haven't played through this yet, as I've not got the game installed anymo but I'm not clear about whether the modules you use are reskins or a new modules. Which one is it? Were there any leftover/unused modules in the game files?

With regards to recording your own audio tracks, all you need is a cheap microphone and Audacity, which is free. Your NPC doesn't *have* to speak in English, you can record yourself in German (or any other language, real or not) and mess around with it (play it backwards, add filters, cut it up and mix it up) in order to make it sound like an Alien language! I suppose a German accent would be a nice touch, what with everyone in the Galactic Empire having proper English accents and all!

Sorry, I think all those were my fault.

1. I'll await the instructions, and release it as a Beta V2.

2. I could use my voice for Master Vos, I'll send you a sample through an email.

3. The translations were entirely my fault, I'll fix them up before releasing the next beta version.

Jebus

Seam - I'll only release a second beta version if you want me to, if you want to wait until the final version, then I'll wait.

There is no such thing as your fault or my fault, DJ. We do this in our spare time for the fun of it to give other players a good time. As we are not professionals so some things just don't work with the first try. We could also say that I should have given you proper instructions with my first email.

Just one thing: I do not intend to give Vos VOs at the moment. Actually I consider it a nice twist to work around the missing VO as this is just my second major mod, and I will not touch again the dialogues in the near future.

Maybe you all get a better impression when all is done. But please keep in mind that those modules were cut/deleted by the devs with reason and not totally finished to work properly and with 100% accuracy. If you concider all this maybe you find out that this is an okay mod...

I haven't played through this yet, as I've not got the game installed anymo but I'm not clear about whether the modules you use are reskins or a new modules. Which one is it? Were there any leftover/unused modules in the game files?

With regards to recording your own audio tracks, all you need is a cheap microphone and Audacity, which is free. Your NPC doesn't *have* to speak in English, you can record yourself in German (or any other language, real or not) and mess around with it (play it backwards, add filters, cut it up and mix it up) in order to make it sound like an Alien language! I suppose a German accent would be a nice touch, what with everyone in the Galactic Empire having proper English accents and all!

I used a deleted Shadowlands module Darh InSidious made available to the public some time ago.

Archived