Home

The Way The World Dies

Taak Farst

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted by jedi dude

Well first of all JM12, is not a dude. ;)

However, we could still get killed by a black hole nearby or a collapsing black hole... However, if there was a collapsing black hole nearby, we'd be able to see it by checkign for gamma rays, and there isn't one liek that naywhere nearby, because it would be huge. Really huge. We're talking so huge most of the universe would probably go boom. It would have to be a lot of solar masses in size before it would implode on it's own gravity.

GMBs are bad. Especially if they are close. BAD.

( I wonder what woudl happen if a black hole ran into another black hole...

I think that I can answer this question because I have watched about nearly (if not nearly) every show on the History Channel about GMBs and Black Holes. I could very well be wrong though. I think that they form a Supermassive black hole (It doesn't say on this page though) As you said, very interesting and scary stuff.

Can I request this thread be closed? there is a bit of on argument breaking loose--
:confused:

Well in basic evolution, it's survival of the fittest. Often the strongest is a single celled organism. Look at bacteria, single celled and has been around for millennia.
Not stronger, but faster and more flexible regarding adaptivity than higher lifeforms usually are. They also live at whatever places which are pretty safe when it comes to the commonly known global killer catastrophes.

Wouldn't suprise me if we killed ourselves off and there it is. Circle of Life anyone?
Well that's basically what I said, isn't it?

Okay, new idea: the end of the entire universe will occur when two black holes that are at critical mass collide with each other and obliterate everything.
What's a black hole at critical mass? And if two black holes collide, they basically just form a "bigger" black hole. Big galaxies are supposed to have the largest black holes "known" within their centers, and the collision of galaxies is a pretty sure thing to happen in out there. Eventually their black holes collide, causing something best described as "**** hitting the fan", but obviously the universe is still here.

So if two black holes a critical mass collided, they would emmit gravitational waves and disrupt and fluctuate time and space in the entire effected are, according to wiki.
When two or more black holes are going to collide they would orbit around each other for some time before they finally merge, that would produce more intense gravitational waves than the actual merge itself. However, they had to be *really* close to us anyway (by astronomical standards) because gravitational waves become weaker with increasing distance to the source.

That would really suck if that happened...
I think with two black holes floating around it would really be of *zero* importance whether they'd collide eventually or not.

Two super massive black holes are about to collide after their galaxies started merging millions of years ago.

More about black hole mergers.

Astrodomis? Is that like Nostradamus, but in Space?

That was pretty funny. Also, if every thread were shut down at the sign of an argument, Taak, these threads would be much shorter or there'd be far fewer of them. Disagreement and argument are fine, it's only when things get too hot and personal that it's time to step back and redact posts or close a thread. Don't see that here. Chances are, none of us will be here when the earth ends. One could easily speculate that it ends when your life ends (ie that it's an illusion).

I mean, just imagine...maybe it's even superior to Plan E! ^^;

Also, if every thread were shut down at the sign of an argument, Taak, these threads would be much shorter or there'd be far fewer of them. Disagreement and argument are fine, it's only when things get too hot and personal that it's time to step back and redact posts or close a thread.
I think he's just eagerly reaching for the moderator's badge. :p

Two black holes at critical mass... Critical mass in the sense that i'm implyign means the black holes are as big and as dense as they can get before impoding completely in on themselves with a violent explosion shattering everything within trillions and gazillions of lightyears... (or astronomical units, whichever you prefer to measure the galaxy by) Two black holes at critical mass shouldn't merge because they're both as big and dense as they can possible get, and are on the verge of imposion to explosion. If two ciritcal mass black holes hit each other, that would be reallly, really bad. They universe we know and love would be gone, but the explosion would eventually create new universes afterwards, from all that energy from the two critical mass black holes colliding...

Archived