Home

Urban Death

This is a fanfic that I just came up with while writing Jedi legacy. It is told in a very Stephen King manner. Anyway here is the prologue

Star Wars: Urban Death

Prologue

A reasonably small ship flew towards a dark space station. It slowly flew there with its wings blaring at high speeds. Across the side of the station in bold lettering it read "RETURNER HEAD" But the rest was scratched out. Quite possibly due to space debris. The ship flew into a small hangar and landed without a hitch. A small hologram appeared on the ship's dashboard.

"Please transmit your Returner identity." A small card was pushed into the dashboard. Immediately words appeared on the hologram.

"Codename: Arch

Species: Kaminoan

The tall Kaminoan quickly said goodbye to his passenger and stepped off the ship. There were a large amount of guards settled around the hangar. The Kaminoan waited for his ship to lift off and walked up to the nearest.

"You know I never expected you to make it this far." The guard said. He was a dull gammoreanian that the Kaminoan disliked. But he didn't care. He signed away his fate a long time ago. Now he was just breathing. He didn't care anymore. They were all dead, everyone he cared about. Everyone he was fighting for. Now he just wanted to sleep. To stop the pain that was numbing him to the bone. It wasn't always like this. He was once a respected member of the galaxy. But it felt like that was a million years ago.

"Come on. Lets go." The Gammoreanian said pushing him to one side. He led him towards a large turbolift. The Kaminoan decided that he might as well reminisce. It was sort of anti-climactic. He was having his life flash by him. He began to trace his past. Back to the scene of the crime when all of life went to hell.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am giving this a Running Man feel. Since I have been inspired by it

ACT 1: An offer you can't refuse

Minus 100 and COUNTING...

don't you know who I am?

I'm the real thing with low-key sensibilities

I don't need what I got half as much as everyone covets it

The New Black - Every time I die

1 Month Earlier

A dark hologram appeared on the desk of the Kaminoan. It slowly flickered back and forth.

"Sir detective Friday to see you."

"Send him in." He responded instantly. The Kaminoan waited sitting in his desk. Ever since he joined he felt a strong sense of racism from the younger detectives. Which he would slowly catch in the air after a while.

A tall Rodian walked inside the office. He was wearing standard issue uniform. Something that wasn't required for detectives. "Arch? You still here? Quiting time was hours ago."

Arch smiled slightly. He stood up and brushed himself. At a clean 6"9 he towered over the Rodian. He slowly walked over to his filing cabinet labeled "RETURNER SCANDLES" It was devoted to 3 cabinets however Arch unlatched it. The three cabinets opened simultaneously to reveal a closet in place of where the Returner Scandles cabinets were.

"Why did you have to custom build that? You might have a case one of these days."

"Don't be stupid." He responded. The Rodian shrugged.

"Why can't you just get a coat hangar like a normal person?" Arch shrugged slightly. He pulled out the black trench coat from the closet and threw it on himself. Arch was a symbol of fear like this. He had his DL-22 in his coat pocket ready for anything. Arch slammed his cabinets shut and walked out the door with the Rodian.

"So Jak where are you going?" He asked him while walking. The thick Coruscant air getting to him. Coruscant was a good place for work. Especially for a Detective in the Coruscant Bureau of law enforcement. CBLE for short. It was basically Coruscant's only law enforcement. When the Returner organization came to power 20 years before they reworked the Galaxy's infrastructure to the bone. Arch joined CBLE when he was 16. But at the time he was recognized as an adult.

"Mostly to the Cantina. Goin to get a drink." The Rodian shrugged. It was what he did every day. Just go to work, bother everyone, wait until he gets off and go to the Cantina without doing any work at all. Arch was surprised he followed him on this daily regiment.

"Count me in." Arch shrugged. The DL-22 in his pocket shaking with every step he made with his digitigrade legs.

Arch was much shorter then a regular Kaminoan. He was a clone of course but decided to go offworld rather then stay and work with offworlders. Arch found out after he was released from his cloning facility that he was the offspring of a special case. As part of a research test 100 Kaminoan clones were mixed with human DNA. All of them spouted wierd defects and were classified as mutants. Except for Arch. He was the success of the test.

Sometimes people would question Arch's human-like nature. In which he would just insult them as usual.

Arch walked into the nearby Cantina with Jak Friday. Hoping to get a good Ruby Bliels before he had to go home.

Minus 99 and COUNTING...

Merry is the man

with money in his hand

with grease between the wheels

and lamps in his latrine

Radium Eyes - Count Zero

The Cantina was a usual hot spot. Trandoshan gangsters would stay to the side of the cantina talking among themselves. The hutts would have a private room to themselves. Many of the patrons were either offworlders or workers.

When Jak and Arch walked into the Cantina Arch felt like a drink. He walked up to the nearby bartender and slumped down on a chair

"Ruby Bliels." He spouted. Throwing a few credits on the counter. Jak meanwhile was near the Twi-lek dancers. Thinking he was in a whore house and was getting a lap dance. But Jak never really got into any trouble. He was a regular and well known by now.

When Arch's drink finally came he downed it in half a minute and asked for another. It had been a hard day of course. But exceptionally hard since he didn't have a single break in his latest case. Some kidnapping charge.

Jak finally got bored and sat down with him. "This place is great isn't it?"

"Jak you come here 5 days a week. Give it a rest." Specifically it was day number 5. Arch's favorite day of the week.

"Correlian Ale" He said to the bartender. After Arch downed his third glass he got up.

"Well there's my limit. Got to go Jak."

"Oh come on." he said disappointed. Arch was always someone to talk to who wasn't slurring incoherently.

Suddenly Arch heard a scuffle in the middle of the Cantina. The music had stopped playing and the Twi-leks stopped dancing. Many of the Trandoshan's were in the middle of the Cantina. The crowd had dispersed to the edges of the bar. Arch turned around and noticed the doors were locked.

"We are the 5 hand gang. This is a raid." One of them yelled in heavy trandoshan. Arch understood it however. In the CBLE academy he aced his language exam. The Trandoshans all had blasters. They began firing at the ceiling and aiming them at pedestrians.

Arch motioned to Jak. He did a swirling hand signal and waited. He took his DL-22 out and pointed it at a nearby Trandoshan. He fired at the Trandoshan's head, instantly downing him.

Almost all eyes were put on Arch. He dived across the counter to avoid blaster shots. Arch waited for Jak to hit a Trandoshan. Then when he did Arch stood up and fired at some more of them.

Arch quickly walked towards one on the ground. He purposely stunned with a weapon modification he fitted on his DL-22.

"Jak i'm going back to book this guy. You good here." Jak made an appreciative jesture. Arch quickly took the Trandoshan by his clothing and lead him out of the Cantina. Not noticing a security camera on top of the door recording everything.

Ive been reading a few dystopian novels like 1984 and Brave new world. I must say that I am getting a lot of good ideas on where I should go with my plot.

Minus 98 and COUNTING...

I'm in the mood, the rhythm is right,

Move to the music, we can roll all night.

Slow Ride - Foghat

Booking was a very simple procedure. But Arch didn't do any of it. All he did was take the bad guys in and let the officers book them

Arch walked towards the CBLE landing bay at around midnight. He was tired as usual but even more so. Arch's ship was an old thing. He received the parts of the Moldy Crow which was Kyle Katarn's ship. After the supposed battle of Ruusan he sold the parts and Arch managed to acquire them. With them all on a CBLE detective's budget he managed to create a new ship called the Platinum Crow. But it was just the Moldy crow just shiner and new.

He slowly climbed into the pilot's chair and lifted off. Flying was one of Arch's favorite hobbies. Whenever he was off duty he would just fly around Coruscant for hours.

This time he wanted to just head home. He flew the ship near the incoming traffic. It took him around 10 minutes to make it to his place. It was a small apartment in a large building. He landed his ship and walked inside his apartment

~~Meanwhile~~

"Sir Ruther has been dispatched."

"Who's the detective who did it?"

"We have a security camera right here."

A hologram began playing in the pitch black darkness. It showed of Arch firing at the Trandoshan and making a hand signal to Jak.

"Very good." A voice said into the darkness

~~Meanwhile~~

Arch slipped out of his trech coat and placed his DL-22 on the table. He stared at his datapad on a table. He had a new message.

"Dear Arch.

We hope you are well. We made it back to Rhen Var. Most of us didn't make it though. We thought going back here would stop the spread. Yet we were wrong.

Don't take it personally. We appreciate how you helped."

Arch switched off the datapad. It was a message from his fiance Du'Karn. She was a Kaminoan that Arch met shortly before joining with CBLE. He eventually married her which was very uncommon between Kaminoans. But he eventually persuaded her to do it.

However she was traced with Stigma shortly afterwards. Stigma was a very common virus that affected 90% of organisms. It was viral and completely uncureable. If one contracted Stigma the organism would die in a matter of years. It was highly contagious. That was why Karn wanted to leave Arch behind. She wanted to go somewhere where she couldn't infect the people she loved. She went traveling with a number of other people who had it.

That was several years before. Arch decided to ignore it. He had a day off he was planning on using. He switched off his datapad and closed his blinds

~~Meanwhile~~

"Sir I have found more information about your "subject." An Aqualish said holding a beige file. He threw it across a thick metal desk towards a shadowy figure.

"Excellent. That means we finally have the twentieth member. Did you find something we can use?"

"Yes sir. He has a soldier of fortune. Check under his spouse column."

"Ah she has Stigma. This will be very easy to do. Get Locke on the comlink..."

Minus 97 and COUNTING...

"accidents will happen" they all heard Ricky say

He fired his six-shot to the wind that blew a child away.

18 and Life - Skid Row

When Arch awoke the next day he felt miserable. Knowing he had to get up in a few hours to go to CBLE headquarters. But then he noticed his alarm didn't go off. It was his day off

He slowly got up and walked around in his small Coruscant apartment. He quickly turned on his holonet and watched a news broadcast

"Team Hornet has finally been eliminated by the Hunters. A new team is being sought out now." It was another broadcast. It was about a long running event called the Urban Death. In which 2 teams of approximately 10 people would be able to hide out around the galaxy for a specific amount of time. If they survived the amount of time they would be set for life. A huge amount of credits and an unimaginable amount of fame. Of course both teams would be constantly hunted by a team of people called the Hunters. The Hunters were a neo-nazi group who hunted for sport. Though they killed within the Urban Death their reputation for assassins and torturers were well earned.

After relaxing for a while Arch thought about going for a flight. He slipped into his trench coat and walked out of his apartment. The sunny Coruscant day glistening in his face. He slowly scrambled into the Platinum Crow and started it up. He felt the rumbling of its engine as it lurched forwards.

The Platinum Crow reflected the entire city on its outer plating. Arch flew the ship through Coruscant's many boroughs and neighborhoods. Then after around an hour he became bored and flew towards a small Cantina. It was around 11 AM when he made it there

Cantina's were usually a place of commerce rather then a place to get drunk. Although the latter still happened that was not why Arch was there. He slowly landed the Platinum Crow and walked into the Cantina. Hoping he could recognize another offduty detective.

Minus 96 and COUNTING...

Put down your chainsaw and listen to me

It's time for us to join in the fight

It's time to let your babies grow up to be cowboys

It's time to let the bedbugs bite

Dare to be stupid - Weird Al Yankovic

Arch sat at a nearby table and looked around. The meaningless patrons everywhere were doing many things. There were Rodians at one table huddled around Bacta. There were Gammoreanians around another with Blue milk. Apparently Arch was the only one alone

But it wasn't for long. He quickly saw a tall Ughnaut walking towards him. He recognised him immediately. His name was Uh' Dunal. He was the only Ughnaut working at CBLE. Just like Arch was the only Kaminoan working at CBLE.

He quickly sat opposite him. "Hey Arch. You off duty?" Arch nodded slowly.

"You hear? Team Hornet got eliminated yesterday. The hunters found the remaining three hiding out on Mustafar and destroyed the building they were hiding out in by lowering its supports in Lava." Arch shrugged slightly. He didn't really follow Urban Death that much. It didn't really concern him.

"So what are you doing here?" Arch asked Dunal. Dunal shrugged slightly. "Nothing really. Nothing to do when your off duty." Dunal spotted a waiter droid and brought him over.

"Ruby Bliels." Arch said. "Arch its nearly noon." He shrugged. Dunal whispered something in the droid's ear and it left

"So would you ever want to go on Urban death?" Dunal asked him. Arch shook his head slowly.

"No. Its a death sentence. The hunters are trained professionals and will kill you."

"You know I heard they are thinking of adding a canister of Horizons along with the prize money?" Arch shuddered when he heard this. Horizons was a vaccine to Stigma. It would instantly cure the patient. However Horizons was dangerous to brew and was very rarely found. Its value was around 1000 000 credits roughly. It was one of the most sought out for objects in the galaxy currently. Unlike the medicine Alpha which mearly kept the patient at bay, Horizons would take months to synthisise and even then it didn't always work

"Whatever." Arch said slowly. Their drinks came to them a few seconds later.

"You know I heard about what happened at the Cantina last night." Arch nodded. He quickly took a sip from his Ruby Bliels. The golden scarlet liquid made him feel much better. "Ive heard from my superiors that you are..." Arch slowly felt drousy and didn't hear what Dunal said. He slowly closed his eyes and his head fell on the table.

Dunal motioned to 3 rodians. They slowly picked Arch up and dragged him out of the Cantina towards a ship.

The ship flew off Coruscant towards a dark space station. Along its hull it read "RETURNER HEADQUARTERS." It slowly docked with it.

• 4 months later...

I doubt I will be continuing Jedi Legacy. Mostly because I really prefer this fanfic a lot more.

Anyway I returned to this forum for various reasons. Several months ago I had several epiphanies about myself and how I write. I began to read very many older novels that blew me away with their plot twists and writing styles. It was as if I knew the ending, but it still completely surprised me. I took a long break from fanfic writing and began to pursue other interests. (Such as gaming. I got a 360 and began to play many games on it). Then just today I decided to play Knights of the old republic and instantly thousands of new ideas on where to take this fanfic exploded into my mind.

I am going to edit this post in a few hours with a new chapter.

EDIT:

Minus 95 and COUNTING...

And the days go by

Like a strand in the wind

In the web that is my own

I begin again

Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks

Arch awoke from a dull haze. Strange feelings went through his mind as he did. "Strangers in the night..." Just as Arch began to awake strange emotions ran across the side of his mind. Ones of squemishness and filth. As if he was swimming in pale vomit. As he opened his eyes a strange foggy effect went over his vision. His hands appeared to slow down and speed up several times as he moved them around.

Arch began to visualise his surroundings. It appeared to be a medical area on a star cruiser. His bed was dull yellow and had patches in the fabric. Bits of fluff and dirt spewed out of the fluff as he ran his hand through it. Arch peered out the window his bed was near. As he did a strange sense of vertigo went through him. Suddenly he recalled his meeting with Dunal.

Arch sat up and shook his head several times. His trench coat hung from a nearby coat hanger. As he ran his hands through the old leather he shivvered from the drink still going through his system.

Arch quickly got into his clothing. All of his other clothing was surprisingly not there. Instead there was a white shirt and black pants with matching boots. The shirt was quite light on his frame and seemed to have padding on his chest. The pants were slightly baggy and were much to long to tuck into the boots. After Arch changed he threw on his trench coat. Noticing his DL-22 was still in it's coat pocket.

That's odd. Why not disarm me? The question ran through his head. As well as other questions. Like where he was and if he was kidnapped, why not take his weapon away. The gun still felt good around his hand as he clutched it. Arch had been in situations where he had no weapon. But not in a situation where he was kidnapped and kept his weapon.

Suddenly a loud feedback entered his ears. Arch recoiled in pain as the feedback soon became painful. Then it quickly stopped as soon as it became to unbearable for him. Arch stood up from the crouching position he was in and coughed. A tinnitus-like sound was still present in his ears.

"Ah he is awake" A voice said on the intercom. As soon as this was said the door to the room opened. Arch was about to go through this door, though the pressure in his ears halted him. The two figures that went through it were both Rodians. Both of them had quite long spikey hair and strange metal protruding from their arms.

"Detective. I present to you two criminals. Dresooday and Resturaan. Resturaan doesn't know what you did to his two parents."

Arch didn't expect the large amount of anger fluctuating through the Rodian on the right. He wore a dark blue jumpsuit with several modifications. A blaster rifle was presant on his shoulder.

"He did WHAT!!!?" Arch was fluent in Rodian language. Though he could barely speak it, he understood the anger that was present in the Rodian's voice. Quick as lightning the Rodian reached for his blaster rifle.

As if like a mexican standoff Arch's eyes peered at the other Rodian, then at Resturaan. In a split second his hand was on his DL-22's trigger.

There was one frying shot. The shot angeled itself perfectly on the Rodian's left eye. A large cauterised hole was now where Resturaan's eye was. Restauraan buckled under the pressure of death and fumbled down onto the ground. Arch quickly dusted off the residue from the energy the pistol used. Then gunslinged it into his pocket.

"There do you see now?" A voice said on the intercom. Several fumbling motions were heard on it. Then a deeper voice was sounded.

"Arch. My name is Dural Killian. I am about to make you an offer you cannot refuse."

"Lets hope so." Arch responded. Though now fully knowing wether the intercom would understand him.

"Dresooday over there will walk you to my office where I can tell you more of the position you are in. Please follow him closely as this facility can get very confusing." Arch shrugged slightly as the Rodian froze up in terror. Arch had several cases before where Rodians did just that. Freeze up in the presance of an armed weapon in the room. Dresooday backed up slightly and walked down a nearby hall. Arch closely followed, with his hand on his DL-22.

Minus 94 and COUNTING...

Don't wanna wait 'til you know me better

Let's just be glad for the time together

Life's such a treat and it's time you taste it

There ain't a reason on earth to waste it

It ain't a crime to be good to yourself

Lick it up - Kiss

Strangely enough, Arch didn't find the starcruiser confusing at all. It seemed very large true. But it's hallways were minimal, using large rooms to fill the facility instead.

Dresooday walked with a very nervous expression on his Rodian tube-like face. His eyes welled with fear in their purple large pupils. Arch wondered what it was like to see as a Rodian. Then he dismissed it, due to the large amount of Rodian criminals he dealt with who couldn't shoot straight.

Dresooday lead him to a slanted ramp that ended in a single door. "He's waiting for you in... there..." Arch nodded and began to walk through the door. However as soon as he did Dresooday walked away in a jogging/run stance. Arch shrugged and walked through the door anyway.

The office he was in was quite small. It had 4 walls, a ceiling and a floor like any other office. What piqued Arch's interest in this room was the large amount of windows. The walls themselves were nothing more then large windows with filing cabnits propped up to them. Arch found this office fascinating, it was for someone who really liked to feel small compared to the infinitism of the universe. No matter who you were, the universe was always bigger and greater then you could ever imagine. Dural Killian sat behind a desk at the end of the room. Arch quickly sat across from him.

"Ah Arch. It took you long enough. You have a very good opportunity now." Dural was a human. He was a ghostly thin albino human. He had short cropped hair with a matching white goatee and moustash. His pink eyes sent shudders running through Arch's spine.

"What oppertunity?" Arch was confused. He thought he was either going to be held for ransom or was framed for something.

"Ah. Allow me to appologise then. You have been selected as a new member of Team Hornet for Urban..."

As soon as he said Hornet Arch stood up and sputtered out "What?"

"Ah yes. Based apon your record for CBLE and your little gunfight in the bar the other day impressed me and the producers. We have decided to give you a little offer."

"No. I don't want to play a game of life or death with a bunch of criminals headed for a prison. All I want to do is get to Coruscant." Arch said fiercly and determined. He remembered first watching Urban Death with his Fiance.

"Ah. Well let me get back to my offer. Either you join Team Hornet and recieve 1/8th of your first reward in advance or..." Killian pushed a Datapad across the desk towards Arch. Arch quickly took it into his hands and looked at the picture. It was of his Fiance Du'Karn. She told him she was on Rhen Var just the other day. In this picture Du'Karn was propped up against a wall, she was in a force cage.

Arch dropped the datapad and quickly pulled out his pistol and pointed it at him.

"Release her, or you die right here and now in office."

Dural mearly laughed at Arch. Arch's expression turned to puzzlement. Laughing at him was the last thing Arch expected. "Do you really think we would let you keep your gun and leave you with sufficiant ammuntion? We left only one charge left inside your gun. Since we expected you to take down that Rodian with only one shot." Indeed as soon as Arch pulled his trigger, a clicking/spurting noise came out. Indicating it needed to be recharged.

"Now please. Sit." Arch grumbled and sat down once more. Placing his DL-22 back into his pocket.

"Now let me finish. We will keep your fiance Du'Karn healthy, with a full administration of Alpha (Alpha was the only known medicine to Stigma. While it didn't cure the disease, it mearly kept the disease at bay.) plus if you do survive for the full month as needed we will give you, your prize. 100 Million credits. Paid in full by the Urban Death Network. In addition we will give you and your fiance 100 credits per day you survive of course. The biggest record we have gotten was eight days and eighteen hours to be exact."

"Well I guess I have no choice then..." Arch said disappointedly. He had no negotiation in the air. There was absolutley nothing he could do with Du'Karn's life on the line. Without the Alpha she would die.

"Now then. As a member of Team Hornet you are permitted to travel with them at all times. We will require you to send us 1 tape per day to this station. Since curior services are easily found on almost any planet in the galaxy you will not have any trouble. If one of your fellow team members dies, you will be awarded a 1000 credit survival buyout to all of your teammates. To compensate for your loss of team mate. If you and your remaining team mates survive for the full month as intended, you will be rewarded instantly your prize money. Which will be able to keep your fiance's disease at bay."

When Killian finished talking Arch was already disgusted with him and himself. But with no alternative he mearly nodded. "So do we have a deal." A datapad with a contract was placed infront of him. All Arch did was just press the necesary buttons to accept.

"Excellant. Now, you have ten team mates. You have no idea who they are just yet. You only have to send in 1 tape for the entire team. However each tape must show all of your team mates inside it. After your orientering with your team members we will broadcast you live on holonet, then we will give you and your team a head start of one day. " Arch stood up and waited for Killian to lead him out the door as he finished talking.

"Just one question. What happens if I don't send in a tape?" Arch said curiously. It had been plauging his mind for the last few minutes that Killian had spoken.

"Oh you wouldn't like that. If you and your team do not send in a tape you will default on your prize at the end. Plus your fiance's Alpha and money given every day. However you will still get kill money from your team mates." Arch nodded and stood slanted for a second. Strange suicidal thoughts went through his head. He could probably try to kill Killian right there with his hands. Though he would have to much trouble trying to find Du'Karn. (If she was there) Unarmed and get out of the facility alive. There was no choice. Just to play along with his game and give Du'Karn her alpha.

"One last thing Arch." Killian said as he walked. "If you kill any Hunter or Law Enforcement or any kind, you will recieve a 1000 credit reward. Which is given to encourage you to actually fight the hunters to give us footage. Most Team Hornet members we have found mearly run from the hunters. Which just gives us pointless chase scenes that end up with cowardly bloody messes."

"I'll keep that in mind." Arch mumbled under his breath. Killian lead him back the way he came. Threw several more hallways and finally towards another door.

I'm like it! It's good to see that you are continuing this story. I am really looking forward to more. I really like how Arch was kinda forced to make a decision. The situation vaguely reminded me of what Goto did to the Exile. Vaguely. Good addition though, and I am definately looking forward to more. :D

This chapter took hours to think of characters and their discription's.

Minus 93 and COUNTING...

We're soul alone

And soul really matters to me

Take a look around

Out of Touch - Hall & Oats

Arch found the room distasteful.

Killian lead Arch through the narrow doorway. The doorway itself seemed at least 100 years old. It needed oil, repair and maintenance. When he walked through the door, Arch felt as if the doorway would fall onto him. But he made it through very well.

"Please Welcome Arch. The last member of Team Hornet." Killian said to the group in the room. Arch found the group even distasteful. To think he would be hunted for at least a month (If he survived that is) with criminals. Arch felt he wouldn't sleep for weeks in fear of never waking up.

There were 9 other people in the room. All of varying ethnicities. Arch felt as if he was in a Narr Shaddaa bar, always full of scum and villany. The first one that caught his eye was a Rodian. He seemed quite young to Arc, as his skin texture and hair were different. The Rodian wore Dark blue clothing that seemed to blend well with his dark green skin. His shirt had no sleeves. It bore a strange insignia of a triangle. His pants drooped low down over his boots.

"This is Rhen'Vries from Correlia." Vries was sitting on a block in the room. Completley oblivious to everyone else in the room. He didn't look up to Arch.

Killian walked over to another figure. This one was a Trandoshan. This Trandoshan had an intimidating figure that was almost as tall as Arch was. He wore Dark green clothing that was long sleeved and went as far as his legs.

"Drossk from Coruscant" Killian continued.

The next one was a female Selkath. Selkath were rare during the times of the new republic. Specifically since they were heavily Xenophobic after the Empire. Though from Arch's studies at CBLE's library he read about several Selkath going offworld. Though Arch found himself more interesting as he found most Kaminoans never did leave their home planet. The Selkath female had a vaguely farmiliar female shape that was garbed in a strange robe. Arch couldn't guess what her age group was. As he was not farmiliar in Selkath.

"My name is Duan" The Selkath spoke. Strangely enough Arch understood her. She spoke in galactic basic mixed with Selkath gurgling language. Though Arch could sense a machine at work. Though vocabulators were very easy to buy on the open market for species that couldn't speak basic. Killian seemed very put off that he couldn't introduce Duan. So he continued.

The next figure was a human. It was a human male sporting rough black hair. His face clearly needed another shave. He wore a red scoundrel's jacket with black pants with shoes connected. He had a blaster pistol at his side. Arch smirked at the human. He looked like a smuggler who would be picked off easily.

"Drustale Arms from Nar Shaddaa" Killian continued.

The next was a male Chiss. This Chiss was clean shaven and seemed to be roughly older then Arch was. He wore an orange sweater with a black vest and matching black pants.

"Baldarek from Nar Shaddaa" Killian continued.

The next figure was a Kel Dor. He had a very straight forward head with his breathing mask. His breathing mask seemed very heavily modified with several different scratches and other nooks cut into it. The Kel Dor wore a long green shirt that had a scarf-like fabric draped around his neck. His pants were long and grey with black boots.

"This is Dar-Resh from Dor" The Kel Dor nodded in Arch's direction. Killian moved on.

The next figure was a Mon Calamari female. She wore beige commando armor and had a blaster carbine on her back strapped. Her armor was mostly torso heightened and her legs were barely covered by the armor.

"This is Meleena Rought from Dac" Meleena scoffed in his direction and looked away. Killian moved on.

The last two was a male Quarren and a thin female Duros. The Quarren wore light red armor vaguely similar to the Mon Calamari. However his armor was full body and Dark blue. The Quarren was tall, though nowhere near as tall as Arch was. "This is Yossk from Dac" Yossk nodded in my direction. Though glanced at Meleena and then quickly looked away. Killian moved over to the Duros. The Duros had a heavily gaunt appearance. She was pale grey with a ghostly thin build draped in a white pilot's uniform. She looked much like a ghost in the light.

"This is Guan Kleg. From Tatooine" Finally Killian finished.

"Well now Arch. Now that you are all fully introduced I would suggest getting to know each other. In one hour we will broadcast you live on the Holonet program Urban Death and then give you, your 24 hour head start.

Killian rushed away out the door. Arch soon felt himself alone until he walked over to someone. The only person in the room that he felt he could connect to with some of this fiasco was Rhen'Vries. He seemed to have a strange look in his eyes. Plus he was the first one he laid eyes on.

Arch walked over to Vries. He looked up, though looked as if he paid no mind.

"So your from Corellia right?" He asked casually. The Rodian got off of his block and shrugged.

"Yeah. You'r part of CBLE right? What are you doing here? I thought Urban Death was for the desperate and hopeless."

"Well it's not really my choice. It's the only way my Fiance' can get her Alpha..." Arch responded even more casually. This time he caught the gaze of Duan. But looked away.

"I thought Kaminoans were Xenophobic Cloners who never left their planet and didn't have feelings. Why would you even think of marriage?" Arch shrugged and Vries scoffed slightly.

"So why are you here then?" Arch asked sitting down beside him. Vries shrugged as well.

"I need the money. Mostly. But I don't know. Personal problems, past problems. I guess I just want to see if I can go the distance." Vries seemed to have a troubling way of speaking basic. He spoke with an accent, though his vowels were all said with emphasis. His speaking was low and to the point.

Arch guessed that Vries had more to say. But decided not to pry. He got off of the block and thought about introducing himself to someone else.

Minus 92 and COUNTING...

When I was younger so much younger than today

I never needed anybody's help in any way

But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured

Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors

HELP! - The Beatles

As Arch walked over to Yossk a feeling of curiosity sparked. Yossk sat in a corner next to Kleg. He began to peer at the Mon Calamari Meleena several times and look away. Arch began to suspect that Yossk knew something about her.

"So why are you here?" Arch asked as he walked over to Yossk. He looked up and shrugged.

"I don't know. Relationship problems maybe, I guess I just want the prize." Arch found Yossk seemingly harmless. Like someone who being chased by the hunters, would just run and not fight back. Something that wouldn't be useful. While Arch was in a bar or two several weeks ago. He caught an episode of Urban Death where a human, while running away from the hunters. Didn't notice their starship appear infront of him. The human was instantly gunned down and the entire bar cheered.

"Alright. So do we have some sort of plan here?" Meleena asked standing up. She seemed to be adressing the entire room. Arch turned to her and shrugged.

"Plan? What do you mean?"

"A plan. We need to get as far away from this place as possible in the next 24 hours. We are orbiting Naboo right now, which is where our 24 hours starts. I have studied many Urban Death episodes and I have noticed that a lot of competitors just stay on Naboo and try to avoid the hunters. What we should do... is try and get public transportation off Naboo and get a starship." Meleena said diligently. As if she was proud of her plan.

"Whoa.. a starship?" It was Drustale now. "A starship could cost up to 100 000 credits. I don't know about your pockets. But inorder to get that kind of money we would need to kill a hunter and get a 1000 bonus for all ten of us. But that is hard enough as it is."

"I am not talking about buying a starship. We are all over the holonet as it is. I am talking about borrowing a starship and not returning it." Meleena answered assuredly.

"Wait you want to steal a starship? Wont that bring the hunter's attention over to us?" Arch questioned in to their argument.

"It might. But first we need to get off Naboo."

Just then a sound echoed through the room. It was a strange alarm/announcement. Then a human woman's voice came on the intercom.

"Team Hornet. Please go down the hall to the production room to get ready for your broadcast." The intercom shut off with a few seconds of feedback and then finally cut off.

"Well you heard her. Lets go." Meleena said into the rest of them. Arch shrugged and walked over to the door at the end of the room. This one, unlike the other door that Arch walked through. Was brand new and lead down a ramp to another door. Arch was the first to make it to this door as well. Which lead to a strange backstage-like area. Killian was there.

"Ah here we are. Now, the holonet broadcast is up and running. We are going to broadcast all of you one at a time and tell the audience a little about yourselves. We have a studio audience out there already, so to give a little atmosphere to the production. Don't worry. We have securitiy there in case something happens.

Killian nodded and lead Vries up to the stage. "You first". Vries shrugged and walked up the stage with Killian.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. Let me present to you. The 25th season of Urban Death. We have an exciting new line of cast members up for you to view. Remember to find some of them. A verified viewing gives you 100 credits. While if your view manages to get their capture we will award you with 1000 credits. Paid in full by both the Returner Organisation and the Urban Death network.

"Now our first member of team Hornet is Rhen'Vries of Corellia" He said pointing to Vries on the stage. Arch could barely make it out from where he was standing.

"Now Vries. Your accused with several alligations of murder and abuse. What do you have to say about that?" Arch was shocked. He didn't expect that Vries was a murderer. But he was wondering why he was there in the first place. Vries just stood on the spot and shrugged slightly.

"Well alright then. Now to the audience. Remember his face. He could be lerking out in the street with his team mates. Ready to take down any hunter who gets in his way. Vries was lead off the stage by a security guard soon after. Then the same security guard walked over to Arch.

"Alright. Your turn." The Security guard led Arch up to the stage. Arch had a a sense of vertigo brought on by stage fright. Seeing the swirling people viewing him sent several emotions into his mind.

Okay now I am surprised. I am getting 0 critiscm here. I know my writing isn't perfect.

Minus 91 and COUNTING...

Get down to the level out on the street,

I'm thinkin' 'bout it, so I can't eat, yeah!

Walking tall, don't you run away and hide

Bare bones are lashing out tonight!

Raw Dog - The Last Vegas

Arch stood there for some time until Killian introduced him. Arch always found it slightly scary to be the center of attention. The always lingering possiblity of messing up or embarressing yourself was always a very major possibility.

"Well now. Who do we have here. A Kaminoan from Nar Shadda named Arch. Former member of CBLE this convict is skilled with armed weapons and is #1 on many small time Coruscant criminal's hitlists. But don't let that discourage you. He has a fiance."

A picture appeared on a view screen above the stage. Instantly increasing amounts of boo's and stupid remarks appeared from the stage. Arch moved over to the viewscreen. Shock and anguish appeared upon his face as he looked at the picture. While it was clearly Du'Karn, the picture was heavily doctored. Now she appeared as a heavy deathstick addict and had several lines of fatigue on her. "She has Stigma. I wonder how that happened" Killian said sarcastically.

Rage came at a price for Arch. He darted at the center of the stage as the crowd began to boo. "What are you going to do when you see him?" Killian said loudly.

"Turn him in!" The crowd cheered. Even more rage came into Arch's mind. "...and what are we going to do?" Killian asked again. "KILL HIM!" Arch felt a security guard walk over towards him. Though he felt restrained he still tried to focus his anger at the crowd.

"You bastards. If you want to see someone die so badly why don't you just kill each other?" This was muffled in the crowd by their large amount of cheers. Arch was quickly thrown into the backstage by the securityguard. He stumbled into a wall and hit his head lightly.

"Take it easy." Drossk the Trandoshan said slowly walking over to him. Drustale was up on the stage already. Arch could hear the crowd going crazy over him.

"Oh a Trandoshan telling me to calm down?" Arch found the entire situation laughable. "Isn't your species famous for killing things if they annoy you? Maybe thats why your here in the first place." Drossk was quickly restrained by Baledarek while Dar-Resh began to restrain Arch.

"Calm down Arch. You don't want to be angry." Arch found Dar's words soothing. Strangely enough he felt more peaceful. Yossk quickly sulked for several minutes until he was lead onto the stage. Arch watched as Drustale walked off the stage laughing hysterically.

"I made fun of Killian's beard and the entire crowd laughed at him. I think that maybe I can get bet on now." Urban Death was easily the most bet on competition in the galaxy. Several thousand credits were wagered on both competitors and Hunters per day all around the galaxy. Since there was so much money being bet on it, some civilians combed entire cities looking for Team Hornet members to get the prize credits.

Arch pouted while Yossk was up on the stage. This one was more quiet then the previous productions. "Why are you here?" Arch asked Dar-Resh calmly.

"Well it's not really my choice. It's a long story, but maybe you'll hear it later." Dar seemed to have a very strange sort of feeling about him. Arch felt as if he knew him before. But strangely enough Arch had never talked to a Kel-Dor before. He knew of none in CBLE and most of the Kel-Dor he saw on the streets or in Cantinas were far to busy for small talk.

It took roughly a half hour before everyone was done and Killian was out of breath. He stepped off the stage sweating and panting for several seconds before speaking to the ten of them. "Well now. Now that that is done. We will lead you to a transport shuttle which will take you down to Naboo. Once there you have 24 hours to send in a tape to the Returner headquarters or broadcast it here. After 24 hours it is open game as the Hunters will be hunting for all ten of you." More security guards appeared behind Killian and lead the crew towards a door. Arch was stopped briefly by Killian.

"Wait Arch. That was a spectacular performance. Very top Notch. Ive heard very good things about you, and I hope you manage to break the record of eight days." Killian had a strange smirk on his face. The grin of a winner. One Arch had seen quite a lot.

"Whatever. Maybe I'll think of you when I am taking down the bastards your sending my way." Killian laughed for a few minutes before continuing.

"Ah you underestimate the hunters. They are led by the best planner and predator in the galaxy, Codename: Slate. He has ruthlessly killed over a hundred Team Hornet members and counting. His Nine Hunters were handpicked by him. Only one Hunter has ever died under his service."

"Who was he?" Arch asked curiously. He wanted to know as much about Urban Death as possible. Especially how to kill the hunters.

"Tut Tut. Right now you should go with your team mates to Naboo." Arch shrugged and began to walk away. However as he did Killian called after him. "Wait I forgot to give you, your tapes." Killian handed over a small box of tapes. Each tape was only 1 centimeter in diameter. The box also functioned as a small camera. "Easily rechargeable and viewable. Just pop the tape in and film all of your team mates. Each tape is approximately 1 hour long. Remember to either broadcast the tape or send it in. I have a good feeling about you Arch. That rarely comes. Remember, use your Team mates to your advantage and stay close to your own people. All of these kinds will try and kill you on sight. Try and stay close to the kinds who don't need money." Arch grabbed the tape box and rolled his eyes. "I'll try and keep that in mind."

Arch walked away from Killian and towards the door where the other nine were being led. He quickly caught up to Vries who began to look away at the floor as he walked. They were quickly lead to a small shuttle that had 10 seats built in. The shuttle looked quite worn and old. It appeared that it had been used in all the seasons of Urban Death to shuttle competitors to Naboo.

Arch sat down at a seat near the corner. Duan sat down next to him and smiled in his presance. "So do you think we can survive?" Duan asked. The way she said "We", made Arch feel confused at wether or not she said we as in the two of them or the entire team.

"I guess. I don't know." Arch said casually. The shuttle quickly shifted slightly and then flew off from the Returner headquarters. Arch viewed from the small viewfinder near him, the growing planet of Naboo. Naboo was a place he wanted to bring Du'Karn to.

The main reason I chose a Kaminoan for the protagonist was I wanted to chose a completely different species that I would think no one has written a fanfic about or roleplayed as. I just decided to personify Arch a little and make him a little more human then the regular monotone Kaminoans. As you read on later in the story you'll find more questions about Arch answered.

ACT 2: Omertà

Minus 90 and COUNTING...

I've looked under chairs

I've looked under tables

I've tried to find the key

To fifty million fables

The Seeker - The Who

Finally the cruiser landed in the city of Theed. As Arch watched through the viewfinder he was overtaken with joy as to the beauty and splender of the planet. It was completely different from Coruscant where he spent the last 4 years. Theed was almost as if in a dream. A city of wonderous beauty where mortals would only dream of going.

As the shuttle disembarked Meleena was the first one off. Blaster in hand she pointed it at several citizens walking by. "Alright. Now first thing we have to do is get as far away from Naboo as possible." As the rest of them walked off Arch was to overtaken by the scenery to speak.

"Wait. Don't you think we should relax. I mean we just got here and we have 24 hours until we start getting hunted." Vries said slowly. Meleena scoffed rather loudly and walked over to a nearby fountain.

"We have to find public transportation now. But first We have to decide where we should go."

Arch quickly took his DL-22 out into his hand. Fumbling around with the empty blaster cartrage.

"Well right now I think we should stock up on weapons. There is no telling what could happen." Meleena looked at Arch curiously and smirked broadly.

"I like your style. All you care about is how you plan to do it. Alright we need weapons. But we aren't going to find it here. What I think we should do is go to Nar Shadda. When we get there we should be able to blend in and not get noticed." Arch nodded slightly and placed his weapon into his jacket pocket. He walked over to the Kel Dor Dar-Resh. He was sitting by the side of a nearby fountain. Seemingly calm and peaceful.

"So your from Dor? Isn't that a broken world near Endor?" Arch asked him curiously. He found it strange that a Kel Dor would be there. Especially one as mysterious as him.

"Yes I am. I was there on an... assignment. I was found by the Returner Organisation on a small little outpost there in the middle of nowhere. Apparently they wondered the same thing you did." Arch still found it odd. Dar-Resh was hiding something that he didn't want to disclose.

"Alright. Now ive been here before. I think we should first go to the nearest courier and send in the first tape. Then go to the nearest public transportation area and get off this rock to Nar Shadda. Once there we should be able to blend in and make it harder for the Hunters to find us." Meleena triumphantly said to the crowd. She walked straight down a street towards a small building. The rest of the crowd followed.

~~Meanwhile~~

In the space station of the returner headquarters a very important meeting was taking place. In the Hunter meeting hall where all ten Hunters would meet. To find out how to start their plan of action. Ten dossiers in the form of datapads were spread out on the desk in the middle of the room.

"Alright. Now we have 24 hours until we can start looking for them." One Hunter said. He was a tall Gran wearing dark grey Durasteel armor. He had dark green facepaint on his face in the form of strange almost mandalorian symbols.

"Quiet Duran-Ran. Right now we have to wait for Slate to get back from Coruscant. Remember his little mission?" A female said now. She was a short Zeltron wearing black tight leather.

"Remember Black Widow. This season is going to be exceptionaly hard. Especially with this subject." Another Hunter now said. He was an unknown Hunter incased entirely in armor. He looked like a cross between a shadow trooper and a storm trooper. His armor was black as night and the helmet looked like a human skull. It had 2 orange lights where the eyes would be. His black bone-like hand moved towards a datapad resting at the top.

Black Widow quickly took the datapad out of the hunter's hand. "Well for once Seeker your right." Black Widow quickly plugged the datapad into a wall monitor. Instantly a picture of Arch from the stage previously appeared.

"Alright. This is Arch, a last minute addition to this Urban Death line up. He has been a member of CBLE for four years and has advanced weapons training in both blasters and longswords. He was top in his class at the CBLE academy until he became a detective for 2 years."

"So what? Both the Mon Calamari and the Rodian are sentanced with assasination charges. What makes this Kaminoan so special." An uptight Hunter said. This one was a new addition after the previous Hunter was killed by a member of Team Hornet. He was a very young Human with dark brown hair garbed in light armor.

"Let me finish Dardan. Arch is also the only surviving member of project Raziel. A kaminoan cloning project that surprisingly had several casualties. It was silenced and placed under the guise that there were 100 clones created and only Arch was the surviving clone. Right now I have just heard from the Head that he was placed here under Slate's personal orders. He states that we should kill all of Arch's companions first..."

Dardan quickly butted in. "Whoa whoa whoa Widow. Kill 9 Hornets before taking down the king. I am sorry but I am aiming my sight right for his head the moment I am down there."

"On your head be it Dardan. Currently this is all the information given to us by the Heads. But stated that there is more to follow. Right now we have to wait for Slate to breif us on how we are going to trace them using the tapes they send in."

"Very well." Seeker said in a very dark and gruff voice from behind his helmet. "Let us prepare our weapons and get ready for Slate's arrival." The ten Hunters quickly stood up and bowed. Then left the meeting room.

Erm... critiscm is a little hard because your story is so good. Sorry, but sometimes there are just stories like that, but when I can and when I do find a mistake or have an idea, I will try to point it out. :)

I did notice one mistake though. It was in Minus 92...

While Arch was in a bar or two several weeks ago. He caught an episode of Urban Death where a human, while running away from the hunters. Didn't notice their starship appear infront of him. The human was instantly gunned down and the entire bar cheered.

I think that you might have just gotten a little bit confused right there. :) Nice additions though, you seem to be pumping them out fast. :^:

Announcement: Right now I am looking for an editor for this fanfic. Mostly because I am both to lazy to edit it myself and suck at editing chapters. The editor in question must have MSN for easy communication

Minus 89 and COUNTING...

Lie, lie to my face,

Tell me it ain't no thing,

That's what I wanna hear.

Take, a lie to the grave,

That's what and old friend told me,

Look at what it did for him.

3's and 7's - Queens of the stone age

The courier service was a done deal. The only person there didn't have a holonet to watch Urban Death with. So it was easy to film the ten of them for 1 hour and then send it to the Returner Headquarters express. Arch handled the camera and quickly skimmed over everyone with the viewfinder. Meleena stood triumphantly with Yossk near the fountain. Dar-Resh sat down on the opposite end of the two. Baledarek the silent one leaned on a wall near the courier office. Guan Kleg the ghost stood by herself in the middle of the street. Duan stood near Vries who stood near Arch. Drossk stayed inside the courier office. Waiting. While Drustale Arms kept trying to yank the camera out of Arch's hands.

"Come on. Let me film it." Arms continued to pester Arch until he finally filmed him. Then he turned the camera around and filmed himself.

"Alright now happy? Have a good time over there."

The tape popped out of the camera a few minutes later. Yossk quickly gave it to the man in the courier service who quickly sealed it into a small box. "Alright this should be there within 2 hours."

Meleena quickly edged the rest of them towards another building. This one marked "IMMIGRATION."

"Come on. We got the tape down. Lets get off this rock." Meleena seemed very anxious to leave Naboo. Strangely enough Arch wondered if it was due to a criminal record. She did say she was there before. Nar Shadda was a good place to disappear from both the Hunters and the law.

The Immigration building was simply an intergalactic bus station. There was a protocol droid behind a desk with a computer who quickly took down their names (All not real) then told them to board a nearby ship to Nar Shadda. Saying that it would take approximately 6-7 hours to make it to Nar Shadda. Meleena then quickly rushed the group onto the ship and finally cooled off.

Arch sat down in a corner with a table across from him. Vries quickly sat down next to him while the ghost Guan Kleg sat down across from the both of them.

"So Vries. Who'd you murder to get here?" Arch asked him. The question was plauging him for quite a while.

It took a few seconds for Vries to answer "... I didn't murder anyone. I just wanted to get away from Corellia for a while. Urban Death seemed the best route out." Arch shrugged slightly. Even Vries was hiding something. It seemed the other nine contestants had something to hide concerning their crimes. Arch leaned towards Guan Kleg.

"So why did you go on this?" He asked the Duros. Guan simply ignored him for quite a while before finally speaking.

"No reason..." Her voice sounded sollumn and robust. It spoke basic with a certain quality unmatched by human vocal cords. Arch was surprised that an anti-social person could speak in such an elegant manner unmatched by any of her species.

Baledarek the shadowy chiss sat down next to Guan Kleg. Strangely enough the Chiss didn't speak at all like Kleg did. "Why's do wes needs to go to Nar Shadda?" His grammer greatly lowered his image for Arch.

"I don't know. What were you? A Bartender?" Arch asked him jokingly concerning his grammer. Baledarek seemed rather put out and left the seat. Arch shrugged, guessing he got it right.

~~Meanwhile~~

On the Returner headquarters a large ship slowly docked. All 10 Hunters quickly ran to the Hangar to greet the ship. It was the "Unknown Stranger" A famous ship, known for carrying Slate. The leader of the hunters.

Gas and electricity fizzled out of the ship as the drawbridge slowly lowered down. Five men garbed entirely in black robes walked down the drawbridge. Their faces were unknown as they wore disfiguring masks that hid their features. As they walked down the drawbridge one more followed. This one taller with longer robes. His hood more revealing to the mask on his face. The mask to hide his facial features. It was both disfiguring and scary. It held an etched pattern in what looked like blood. As he walked down the drawbridge the ten hunters quickly bowed to him. Black Widow walked towards Slate.

"Master Slate. How was Coruscant?" She asked him still bowing.

"Terrible. The only enjoyable thing about it was meeting the heads." The voice sounded piercing and metalic. Almost as if it was a metal beast.

"Ah well. We still have 20 hours until we start hunting for them. Where do you suppose they plan to go."

"Not now Widow. I must give you and the hunters specific information about Team Hornet. Specifically about the Kel Dor and the Kaminoan Arch."

"I trust it is important?" She said curiously.

"Oh very. I know exactly where they are going..."

The ten Hunters and Slate walked out of the Hangar and made their way to the meeting room.

~~Meanwhile~~

4 Hours Later

Nar Shadda appeared out of the viewfinder. Arch of course wasn't the least bit enjoyed about it. Something about going to Nar Shadda didn't feel right to him. Nevertheless he was excited that he would be able to get some ammunition for his DL-22.

During the last 6 hours many people shifted seats. Arch still sat next to the viewfinder though now Duan sat next to him. Guan Kleg still sat across from him. She hadn't moved an inch since the ship took off. Arch soon found out that Duan had a mother with Stigma.

"So you joined Urban Death as a way to get money for Alpha? Thats a noble cause." Arch said to her softly. "What do you do anyway?"

"Oh I work in Bacta distribution. Though that is only just to get credits. What I really wish to do is train people to use Vibroblades. Though there is no work there."

"Vibroblades? I am pretty good with a longsword myself." Arch caught the gaze of Dar-Resh walking by. Strangely enough Dar-Resh seemed far more anxious to get off the ship then anyone else. Even Meleena who was playing Pazzak and smashed the cards out of the way every time she lost. Dar-Resh continued to pace around the ship until it entered the atmosphere.

"Maybe when we get on the planet I can see how good you are with a blade." Arch said to Duan. She nodded cheerfully.

There is a lot of foreshadowing and symbolism I put into this chapter that is going to make sense later on. I do hope at least one person notices what kind of weapon I based Arch's pistol off of.

Minus 88 and COUNTING...

Cause You gotta be bigger, be faster, be stronger

If your gonna survive any longer

In this lifetime, it better be the right time

The first time might be your last time

Am I a failure if I got nothing to lose

No, I'm not a failure, I got something to prove

Not Listening - Papa Roach

"Ah the stench of tired, desireable living. I do love Nar Shadda." Vries exclaimed as soon as they got off the ship. Strangely enough Arch didn't find anything fascinating with Nar Shadda. It looked to much like a darker more urban Coruscant. Though Arch did enjoy cities, he found this one to be poorer and more of a cess pool then Coruscant.

Meleena quickly got infront of the group once everyone got out. "Alright Nar Shadda. We have about 18 more hours until its open season. So I suggest we find somewhere to hide out and get weapons." Arch was surprised to see everyone had credits. Even himself. Killian did say he would get 1/100th of his winnings in advance.

So the party walked. The refugee sector was perhaps one of the more famous places in Nar Shadda. Though Arch only knew it by reputation, Vries seemed to know the entire area as if it were printed on the back of his hand. Arch was seemingly surprised, since Nar Shadda was a very confusing place and many alley ways looked exactly the same.

Vries lead them to a small pawn shop just a short walk away from the landing pad that greeted them to the planet. The shop itself looked much bigger in the inside then out. The entire shop was filled to the brim with many kinds of weapons. Arch felt he would be blinded by the amount of glare from the reflections coming off of the weapons.

There was a short Ithorian behind a counter who quickly asked the group for their choice in weapons. Arch quickly took his DL-22 towards the Ithorian.

"Can I find any upgrades for a blaster pistol?" He asked the Iridonian. Presenting him with the pistol.

"I don't carry any. However I can trade in this blaster for one that I have already modified." Arch shrugged and then nodded. His DL-22's trigger was already starting to stick.

The Ithorian lead Arch towards a back room with a workbench to the side. Several pistols were hanging from a hanger of sorts near it. The Iridonian quickly brought over one from the rack.

"This is the DE-10 blaster pistol. Though it has been heavily modified. I removed the scope rather easily and brought the handle much closer to the trigger. As well as adding in a barrel to the middle to increase rapid fire."

"How would that work out?" Arch asked taking the pistol into his hand.

"Rather simply." The Ithorian pointed to a hammer-like object sticking out of the barrel. "This is the hammer. In order to fire you must hold down the hammer to rotate the barrel and fire. The barrel is easily loadable with regular blaster packs. However unlike other blaster pistols. This one must be hand loaded with blaster loads directly into the barrel. I made this easier by making the barrel come out rather easily. Try it out." The Ithorian lead him towards a small target that was shown on a wall.

Arch gulped and held down the hammer. Then he fired. The blaster rather quickly fired and hit directly on the bullseye in the middle of the target. Arch smirked and placed his right hand ontop of the hammer. Then quick as lightning he fired 3 shots faster then the Iridonian could see in a triangle-like pattern around the bullseye.

"I'll take it." He said quickly.

The Ithorian gave him a complementary holster and belt. Which he easily fitted and placed the blaster into. He slowly waited behind the scenes while everyone else got weapons. Meleena still had her blaster carbine which she only bought ammunition for. Duan bought two longswords that she soon sheathed on her back in a cross. Baledarek bought a cheap used classic E11 blaster rifle that he soon held. Guan Kleg the ghost bought a old Bryar rifle that she slung onto her back. Both Yossk and Drossk bought A280 blaster rifles that they both slung on their backs. Drustale Arms surprisingly bought a Stormtrooper Mark 1 rifle. The Ithorian said he had mass number of black market models brought in after the fall of the empire.

After they were all armed Meleena triumphantly said. "Alright now we need to find a hideout." Arch was busy fiddling around with his new blaster pistol to care what she said. It felt like a new form of freedom to now be able to quickly draw out his gun at a moments notice.

Vries lead them on an even longer walk this time. He lead them down a very long road out of the Refugee sector. Until he made it to a large apartment complex.

"I went to this place some years ago. There was a major gun battle here several years ago that involved abandoning of many apartments. We could probably find an abandoned apartment we could use for a few days." Vries took them up a few floors to a large abandoned hallway. The hallway itself was not lighted and Arch found it hard to see his hand infront of him. But soon Vries made it to a door at the end of the hallway.

"Alright. Anyone good with picking a lock?" Drustale Arms quickly volunteered and took out a mechanical lockpick. Quick as lighting the door was opened.

The apartment had aparently seen better days. It provided a good view of the refugee sector however. The apartment itself was ransacked. Furnature was spread out on the floor in different places. There was an abandoned Holonet in the corner that appeared it hadn't been touched for years.

Everyone spread out into various places in the apartment. Vries quickly turned on the holonet. Which ironically was tuned to the Urban Death network.

Killian's broad face appeared instantly on the screen. He was on the stage that they all went on before. The viewscreen held the Returner logo on it.

"Alright. There are still 17 hours until their 24 hour headstart is over. Until then you can watch their first tape sent in." The viewscreen then began showing the tape Arch filmed on Naboo. The screen shifted to all of the party members in different places, then to Arch. "Alright now happy? Have a good time over there."

"Well lets hope the next one will have fewer team mates in it. For now let us view our Hunters."

The ten Hunters excluding Slate soon appeared on stage. Lead by the Zeltron Black Widow. Who was the leader in Slate's absence. "Hey Vries. Who are the Hunters anyway?" Arch asked viewing the screen very impatiently. Vries quickly pointed them out.

"Thats Black Widow. They show her dazzeling Hornets with her pherimones and then killing them when they lower their guard. She hasn't killed a Hornet for some time now which leads her to be unpopular." Vries pointed to another Hunter. This one was Gran. "Thats Duran-Ran. He apparently kills people from behind with a very short vibroblade. Most Hornets have never even noticed it." He continued to a human. "That's Dardan. The newest member. He is younger then all of us and is a sniper. Apparently he uses a distrupter. But I am not sure." He pointed to another one. This one was a Gamoreanian. "Thats Bravil. He is usually the first one who attacks the Hornets. He comes at everyone wielding a huge battle axe that has killed many." He continued to another one. This one was a large male Selkath. "That's Aquatos. He like Duan uses a Vibrosword. However his Vibrosword has so many upgrades that I heard he beat a Jedi with it."

"A jedi?" Arch scoffed. Jedi were more numerous in the galaxy after the fall of the Empire. After Luke Skywalker created his notorious and famous Jedi Academy. It was rumored to be on Yavin 4. Arch bought his ship "The Platinum Crow" off a merchant who claimed he bought the parts off of Kyle Katarn who was a Jedi. Arch had never heard about a being with a vibroblade beating a Jedi. It seemed to fictional to be true. Dar-Resh quickly shuddered as soon as Arch scoffed. Strangely enough Arch didn't see Dar-Resh buying a weapon.

"Well thats what I heard. Anyway moving on." The next one was one garbed entirely in black armor. He had a demonic look to his armor in the shape of a skull.

"Thats Seeker. He holds the second most kills in Urban Death history. He uses a multitude of Blaster carbines and very heavy weaponry. He mostly gets vantage points and captures Hornets by surprise."

The next one was a Bothan. He wore a New republic pilot's uniform excluding the helmet. "Thats Aviator. He is the pilot behind the hunters. He flies his ship "The lowly gap" Which carries the hunters on it. Vries continued to another Hunter.

The last three were all human. The first one was completely bald. Excluding a large beard that ran from his chin. He wore light Durasteel armor that had a E11 strapped to it.

"Thats Rotenegro." He continued to another one. This one was wearing a form of storm trooper armor. However it appeared to be heavily modified. Especially the helmet which now had a large breathing mask running from a pack on his back to the mask. "Thats Screech. He goes for the offencive with Bravil. He uses a DL-44 Blaster Pistol." He continued to the last human. He wore a long tunic with brown pants and matching boots. Unlike the other ones, he didn't carry a weapon. "Thats Dysanid. He doesn't go out into the field and mostly does the recon work. Like tracking Hornets down and finding out what kinds of weapons they use. He usually does the torturing."

"Big deal. Where is this Slate guy who leads them?" Arch asked turning his head to all of them. Most of them looked like hardened criminals. Like the ones Arch had already dealt with. But none of them looked to intimidating, except for Seeker.

"Slate very rarely goes on camera with his killings and never shows up on the Urban Death Network. He is credited with the most killings on record. No one really knows how he kills people as most people very rarely live to see him."

"Well thats useless isn't it?" Arch smirked at it. Slate felt like more of a coward then a leader.

"Well I think its time to get some rest. Our head start will be wearing off eventually. " It was already common sense. But he was right. The Holonet was turned off and everyone eventually slept.

This time I included a quote from The Good the Bad and the Ugly. Drifting away from my large amount of song quotes.

Minus 87 and COUNTING...

[Angel Eyes looks around and catches sight of Blondie]

Angel Eyes: A golden-haired angel watches over him.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

It took roughly another day to fall into an ordinary routine. Arch found it odd that no more information was given about where the hunters were. It was all rumors that they were on Naboo and had gotten a "lead" that lead them to another planet somewhere else. Arch didn't know whether to be scared or glad. Either a Hunter would come breaking down their door or break down the door of some random house on Tatooine.

Luck, or the force wasn't on Arch's side that day.

Arch spent that day loading and unloading his gun. Then practicing quick drawing it out. Arch wasn't that good at it, though he was good at gunslinging his gun into it's holster.

The day mostly consited of lounging around until Arch filmed another tape. This one just mearly viewed everyone and then cut off. Once Arch finished filming Duan walked up to him.

"Do you want to take a walk?" She asked him curiously. Arch shrugged and nodded. He and Duan walked out of the apartment and eventually the entire building.

The streets of Nar Shadda were a cold and desolate place. Duan was quite talkative for a Selkath. She would speak about her life on Manaan and how she wished to leave the aquatic planet in search of adventure it appeared. All the stories blended into each other. Arch was half listening until she stopped by a railing. They were near the Nar Shadda docks now. The view showed a very large area of space. One if you were to fall into it, you would be banished into Oblivion

"So why did you want to go onto Urban Death?" She asked leaning on the railing.

"My fiance needs Alpha. The last time I saw her was a while ago. She was very sick with Stigma. I mostly got drafted into this and have no apparent reason for going on with it." He responded slowly. Arch to leaned on the railing, looking down into the abyss below.

"So why do you want to risk your life? For fame? For glory? There are other ways to get Alpha you know." Arch shrugged. She was very correct and to the point.

"That is true. I don't know. I just have this feeling that I can do this. Ive had this feeling as long as I can remember. I feel like I can take on Slate and his Hunters. Like its my duty to.. exterminate their criminal lives." Duan stopped leaning on the railing.

"...Well lets hope I can. Ive never heard of anyone on Urban Death actually having some formal training in armed weaponry. Most of the contestants are either people with nothing to lose. I think besides my fiance Du'Karn. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain."

"You seem hellbent on your own dimise. Most people like that probably have a guardian angel protecting them." Arch shrugged slightly and rested his right hand on his pistol.

Suddenly as sharp as a razer Arch heard a noise behind him. It was the sound of a starship flying through an atmosphere. As he turned around he caught the site of a ship bearing the words "The Lowly gap" written on the side.

"The hunters." Arch was surprised they found them so quickly. He expected they would come after he mailed the next tape.

Arch and Duan ran down the farmiliar alleyways until they made their way back to the apartment building. The Lowly gap was already docked outside of the building. No one was aboard it however.

Duan and Arch quickly made their way into the elevator onto the floor. Arch stopped Duan before she could continue.

"I am going to check this out. Wait here until you hear blaster fire." Arch slowly continued walking with his hand on his blaster.

Arch expected the door to be ajar. He didn't expect to hear someone blaring on the comlink.

"I know Slate is going to be angry when he finds out I took the ship alone.... no I caught someone here by surprise. The apartment was already empty except for one. I think it's that Chiss bartender "Balderek" he shot first and I took him down." The voice was a Bothan's. He spoke in heavy Bothanese with more grunts coming from inside the apartment. He wasn't alone.

Arch leaned on the side of the doorway into the apartment and peered outside. The entire place was empty, excluding a Bothan and two humans who appeared to be mercenaries. The Bothan was standing over the dead corpse of Balderek who now had his eyes closed and a small dribble of blood from his mouth. A large red puncture wound existed in his torso.

Arch gulped and kept his hand on his blaster. He sighed and walked into the doorway with it drawn.

"Am I interrupting someone?" He said waiting for the Bothan to turn. "It is the Kaminoan. Kill him." Arch quick as lightning pressed his hand on to his hammer and fired. He instantly shot a human on the right directly inbetween the eyes. Showing a massive burn wound from the blaster discharge. Arch continued firing at the human on the left. Firing at least 2 shots at his torso and one at his shoulder. He crumpled under the strain and fell to the ground, dead.

"Like some of that?" He said as the Bothan brought out what looked like a short Vibroblade. Before he could attack Arch fired one more shot into his torso and another at his abdomen. The Bothan screamed in pain as he fell onto the window at the edge of the apartment. The window however was made of very powerful metal and did not break.

Arch walked over to the Bothan with his gun pointed at him. Stepping over Balderek's corpse. The Bothan quickly attempted to grab at his vibrosword. Arch smirked broadly at his failed attempts.

"You murder my team mate when he is outnumbered. You must really wish to die." Arch brought his blaster infront of the Bothan's head. "Lets hope Slate enjoys your company." He fired his final shot. Killing the Bothan "Aviator".

"And then there were Ten." He said slowly as he holstered his weapon quickly. Duan called out to him.

"Arch. We have to get out of here. I think I know where everyone else is." Arch shrugged and walked over to Baledarek. The one he didn't expect to die first. Arch reached for his E11 and slung it onto his back. Then made the long trek back to the elevator

Archived