Home

Urban Death

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little narration I decided to include here. This is a new feature I plan to include every ACT

Minus 86 and COUNTING...

That's life

I tell ya, I can't deny it,

I thought of quitting baby,

But my heart just ain't gonna buy it.

That's Life - Frank Sinatra

30 days later

"As I neared the end of the Urban Death a feeling of dread came over me. Worse then how I felt after Balderek was killed by Aviator... I knew what I was... I knew what I would become. Thoughts of suicide came over me toward the end of my journey to the Returner headquarters. But... I couldn't do it. I had to press on to my final objective. Constant pain came regularly. Sharp piercing pain that would make strange visions come to me. Maybe it was my wound... but I knew better. The pain made me stronger, it made me... indestructible. Truthfully I knew better. But I didn't care, the pain would grow so sharp that I even brought a blaster to my head. Yet I didn't fire. I couldn't do it... I wasn't going to die until I helped the people I promised to save..."

Present time

The 7 of them had taken refuge in a nearby Cantina. Apparently swayed by Vries's offer to have a drink to pass the time. Apparently Balderek decided to stay behind, since he was quite known here in this part of Nar Shadda. It seemed that it was a mistake that cost him his life.

Arch and Duan made their way into the Cantina where the group was. Everyone was clustered around a set of tables. Arch sat down in a booth next to Dar-Resh.

"Balderek is dead. He was killed by the Bothan Aviator" Arch said to everyone else. Many of them stopped drinking immediately and gave shocking surprising facial expressions. Including Guan Kleg.

"Aviator is dead as well. His corpse is lying in our apartment. Right now we have to mail our tape and distance ourselves as far from Nar Shadda as possible. They know exactly where we are and staying in a public place is only going to help them." Arch said smoothly as he stood up. Dar-Resh followed him, but many stayed sitting at their tables.

"Come on? Don't you want to live forever? Lets go." Arch didn't care that he was now making a scene in front of all the other patrons. He just wanted to get as far from Nar Shadda as possible. So they wouldn't have another accident like Balderek.

They walked out of the bar rather quickly and walked in a straight line away from the apartment building.

"So where are we going to go?" Meleena asked Arch as he lead.

"I don't have any clue. Right now we have to think of a plan. But I think the best choice of action is to get as far away from the apartment building as possible"

~~Meanwhile~~

Black Widow gulped as she pressed the door button. Slate's meditation chamber was very intricate with it's locking mechanisms.

The entire room was very cold. Black Widow felt as if Slate transported a glacier from Hoth into this room. But as she spied on the nearby vents she knew better. The room sloped downwars in a spiral to the bottom. Where Slate meditated in darkness.

"Black Widow. Has Aviator returned?" He asked in a raspy voice from the bottom.

"How did you know?... Anyway he hasn't returned. His killswitch has been activated." Suddenly Slate's darkened robed body appeared out of the darkness.

"After everything I told him about Arch and he still went there... send Dardan and Duran-Ran. Give Duran-Ran a blaster this time. A good old fasioned carbine will do the trick. Specifically tell him again to try and kill his team mates this time. Take the spare ship and try to head them off before they leave the planet." Slate finished. His body went back into the darkness. Black Widow shivered some more and left the room.

~~Meanwhile~~

The courier service on Nar Shadda was very to the point. You deposited what you wanted to transport with the place in mind into a large bin. It took roughly a minute to send the tape to the Returner headquarters. Everyone clustered around the Courier office. Arch leaned on the side of a wall. Overcome with emotions he had never felt before. Guilt and misery

"Balderek is dead. He was killed by the Bothan Aviator" Arch said to everyone else. Many of them stopped drinking immediately and gave shocking surprising facial expressions. Including Guan Kleg.

"Aviator is dead as well. His corpse is lying in our apartment.

I think that you made a mistake here.

I am curious why Arch is suddenly feeling these emotions. To me, they kinda seem all of the sudden. Regardless, it was a good chapter. I kinda have a feeling the Slate is a Dark Jedi....

Time to include a song quote from one of the songs I based the fic off of. I based Urban Death off of roughly ten other songs.

Minus 85 and COUNTING...

You think you're in control but you make me sick

I want to watch you suffer

The way that you've made me suffer

The thing I hate - Stabbing Westward

"Arch?... Arch?" The voice sounded so farmiliar to Arch. His body felt so strained and ridged from leaning on that wall for so long. Suddenly he felt his body being shaken away. As his eyes opened he saw the all to farmiliar face of Dar-Resh.

"Resh? What is it?"

"We have a problem. Check out the holonet."

It took quite a few minutes for Arch to restabilise himself. His body still felt stuck and hard. As if he was made of metal and bone. But Dar helped him walk towards the Courier office. Meleena held the Courier at gunpoint as he turned a holonet nearby on. The all to farmiliar face of Killian was there.

"As we have just watched the tape of team Hornet has now been shown. However we have some news. The team pilot, "Aviator" is reported to have killed one of the members of Team Hornet." Suddenly the stage shifted. A new viewscreen appeared behind Killian now. It showed 20 names and numbers across from it. #1 had the name "ARCH". It showed the other nine members ending with Balederek at #10. Then it went into hunters.

"The numbers next to the names are how much has been bid on them. We have news that Balederek has been eliminated" The crowd roard from applause. The security guards were already having trouble stopping the crowd.

"But we also have another tragedy. The team member "Aviator" has also been killed. We have footage here of it."

Arch was even more surprised. It had footage apparently coming from Aviator's point of view. It showed him talking on his comlink. "...I think it's that Chiss bartender "Balderek" he shot first and I took him down." the voice was heavy translated into basic. It now sounded like a human talking. Suddenly there was a loud stumbling as there was an all to farmiliar voice. Aviator turned around to see Arch. The crowd gasped to Arch's appearance.

Arch was shocked at how he looked. His eye sockets looked sunken, his eyes looked bloodshot. Arch didn't know wether they doctored his footage or it was really what he looked like.

"Am I interrupting someone?" Arch said as Aviator gasped. The footage had Arch fire at the two humans and then at Aviator before they could attack. Then pointing it at his head.

"You murder my team mate. You must really wish to die" Then it showed Arch fire. The footage immediately cut off there.

"Well there we go. 1 Hornet down and 1 Hunter down. It seems that each surviving member of Team Hornet now have 2000 credits given to them or their loved ones. Tune in for more Urban Death later..."

Arch was to stricken. The footage made him look like some sort of ice cold killer. Like he didn't pause to think about his actions at all. Guan Kleg walked over to Arch as he stumbled away.

"Hey Arch. Come on. Meleena has a way to get us off the planet. Lets go." Arch shrugged and turned around.

"Yeah alright." His body suddenly enough didn't feel as stiff as before.

The group slowly made their way through more buildings until it got to another immigration area.

"Now come on. Lets get off this planet before Slate sends more men after us" Meleena stopped before she could say anything else. A gun was pointed at her face.

"To late." The gun was pointed from the depths of shadow. A multi-eyed figure came out of the shadows. It was Duran-Ran.

"Slate has high and mighty orders for your death. You must know that." Everyone appeared frozen and surprised. Until Meleena reached for her carbine. Duran-Ran's finger went for his trigger.

Arch reached for his E11. He fired at Duran-Ran's gun. The gun thrown from the Gran's hands and hit a nearby wall.

"Ah the Kaminoan wishes to play. Lets go then." Arch slowly backed over to Duan. However as he did he heard a distrupter discharge hit several centimeters away from him.

"Take down that sniper." The face was all to farmiliar. It was of Dardan, the newest member of the Hunters. He was ontop of another roof nearby. Vries already reached for his gun. He and Drossk ran towards a low rooftop after Dardan. Then quick as lightning a large flash came from nowhere as a flash grenade was triggered in the middle of the alleyway. Duan, Guan Kleg, Yossk, Dar-Resh, Meleena and Drustale Arms fell to the ground. Apparently stunned. Arch turned around as the flash grenade triggered and he barely had enough time to react as the Gran hit him over the head with a Vibroblade.

The area swirled and manifested itself in different colors. Arch felt as if he was going to fall through the floor itself. Thankfully a wall nearby sufficed.

"The killer of Aviator cannot take a simple blow to the head? You are weak Kaminoan." Arch slowly crawled over to the stunned body of Duan. Slowly taking a longsword from her back.

"Don't call me weak..." Arch said picking himself up using the longsword. He shook his head several times and readied himself. "I'll enjoy gutting you." Arch swung the longsword over his shoulder and felt a feeling of Deja Vu as the Gran charged for him. He caught the voice of Vries from far away. "Arch. Take care of the Gran. We'll take care of this guy." Arch silently nodded as he parried the Gran's attack

Minus 84 and COUNTING...

Slow ride, take it easy - Slow ride, take it easy

Slow down, go down, got to get your lovin' one more time

Slow Ride - Foghat

The Gran's deep sunken breath made Arch feel dirty and disgusting. He coughed heavily into the Gran's green pained face. Surprisingly Arch could barely keep up against his blows.

"Come on. This is pathetic Arch. Your file said you had "Advanced training". All I see here is a washed up detective". The Gran's mocking voice mixed with basic sent his laughter echoing in Arch's mind. As if his pupils dilated he charged for the Gran out of anger.

Arch launched his sword at the Gran with all the force he could muster. The Gran barely had any time to parry the blow and dodge a large torrential rain of sparks as his sword was instantly cut in half.

"I'll tear your bastard heart out" Arch said slowly as he swept at the Gran. Duran-Ran's eyes began to look in several different directions for ways to escape. Yet Arch had manage to corner him. The Gran stumbled as he walked back and fell against a wall. Arch's sword was in his face.

"Washed up detective? More like engineered detective"

The Gran seemed to be backing up from the blade's edge. "Wait a moment. If you kill me Slate will send all of us to this planet. You won't have another waking moment as Black Widow and Seeker break down every door on this pathetic pirate planet. You will be found and killed instantly on live Holonet. Slate isn't going to forgive the only time someone has killed two Hunters in a row."

"You should be more worried about what I am going to do to you. Now I am faced with a decision. Either rip off your head or rip out your beating heart and stuff it down your throat. Either way suffices. Which do you prefer?" Duran-Ran's eyes looked up at Arch and then at his blade. The glare reflected off the blade and back at Arch made him look demonic. As if he was a dark angel sent to murder the murderers.

"Suddenly Arch heard something behind him. It was Vries and Drossk who appeared to be dragging an unconcious Dardan the Sniper." Arch slowly turned around and walked towards them.

"Ah good. We have two Hunters and no deaths. Lets keep it that way." Arch motioned to Vries to put Dardan down near Duran-Ran.

"Drossk knock them out. Once Slate finds them he isn't going to be happy we just humiliated them on live footage." Drossk nodded and took his gun out. He hit both of them over the head efficiantly and productively.

"Alright we have to get off the planet. How is everyone else?" Arch asked Vries who was dusting himself off. Apparently glad of a job well done.

"A little shaken but it could be worse. Meleena checked the Transport office. The main droid there has been deactivated and all the transport starships are still there." Arch motioned to the both of them to walk with him.

"Can we commandeer one of them?"

"Way ahead of you. Yossk is already on prying one of the plating off one of them. But we probably only have enough resources to make one trip with it." Arch nodded happily. For once everything was good. Even though Balederek was dead, at least he prevented Duran-Ran from killing anyone else.

I spent the entire previous day brainstorming ideas for this fanfic. I have a notebook full of point form notes about where to take this fanfic. All in chronological order.

Anyway I have recieved several good reviews for this fanfic. I hope to see more. Here is number 10 in the songs that I based this fanfic off of

Minus 83 and COUNTING...

I was born on Olympus

To my father a son

I was raised by the demons

Trained to reign as the one

God of Thunder - Kiss

Eventually they managed to get the ship into the air. Drustale Arms was piloting, with everyone else seated and resting. Arch was simply glad that he could see the planet fading away as they lifted off.

"So where are we going now?" Drustale Arms asked as he began pulling up the galaxy map.

Everyone murmered around until Dar-Resh spoke up. "We are going to Korriban. Slate would never think to find us there. We can transmite the tapes live from there." Everyone looked around and shrugged. There were no other places of choice. Drustale Arms shrugged and imputted the coordinants. Arch closed his eyes as the blue pattern enveloped the ship in hyperspace

In the dream he was an invisible ghost. Viewing the actions that took place. Surprisingly it was a dark starcruiser. There was almost no light to see. Arch slowly walked through the starship towards the security area. It was near the bridge.

As Arch walked into the security area he saw a dark figure there. The Dark figure was cloaked in black robes. He had a metalic-like effect with his cape and accessories. His face was disguised by a mask which showed nothing. Arch felt this figure reminded him of Slate. The figure didn't seem to notice him. He took a small container and sealed it. The container was clear and appeared to have DNA samples inside. The figure quickly turned on a holographic recorder.

"I have encased here DNA samples. I have learned through the force that one day a figure known as "The angel of Urban Death" will need them. I have also forseen the return of the Infinite Empire. An Empire that once shaped the galaxy. Dominated by the Rakatan. Strangely enough I forsee all of this happens long after my time. Carth, you will take these to the predetirmined destination correct?" Apparently the figure was speaking to someone else. A voice came from the other end.

"Yeah, Revan. Take the Hawk over there right now. But I doubt these things are going to be found for at least thousands of years."

The figure known as "Revan" waved his hand. "It doesn't matter. One day the Rakatan Scourge will appear again and this "angel" is all I can see as part of the light side of the force. I will meditate on this answer as best I can. Just meet me at the site and I will hand over the DNA samples and the tools. Seal it in a crate and etch the words "and so ends the age of basic and reason"

"Alright Revan." The dream ended in a great flash. Arch didn't understand half of what went on there. But the words "and so ends the age of basic and reason" stayed in his mind as he awoke.

Arch awoke when the ship exited hyperspace. Arch peered out a window to view the great planet of Korriban. Arch stood up in the ship and walked over to Dar-Resh. Who appeared to be thinking to himself.

"Resh. Do you know of someone called Revan?" Dar-Resh perked his head up as if he knew instantly.

"Of course. Around 4000 years ago there was a Jedi Lutienant named Darth Revan. He became the Dark Lord of the Sith. He was betrayed by his apprentice and lost his memory. Eventually he repented and saved the galaxy from his apprentice. Turning back into the light. He left for the Unknown regions of the galaxy 4000 years ago and no one has ever seen him again. Some say he knew the fate of the galaxy thousands of years in the future." Arch found it odd he would find some vision of a Sith Lord.

"I just had an odd dream of a robed figure named Revan."

"Ah. Well I wouldn't dwell on it." Dar-Resh still seemed to be hiding something. Like he knew entirely what his dream was about.

"Alright. Korriban. I am taking this thing in for a landing. There seems to be an abandoned settlement named Dreshdae." Arch sat down next to Dar-Resh. Hoping to see what all the fuss of Korriban was about.

~~Meanwhile~~

Duran-Ran was slowly dragged into Slate's quarter's by Seeker. He was dragged by the cuff of his armor. Dardan was walking by, though the expression on his face was of fear.

Seeker shoved Duran-Ran into Slate's darkened quarters. Dardan was roughly pushed by Seeker. "Slate is very disappointed in you two. " Seeker quickly closed the door and walked back to the bridge.

Duran-Ran stood up with Dardan and looked around. A small light appeared on the both of them. In the middle of a sea of pitch black.

"You should have known failure. It leads to death for a Hunter." Slate appeared in the middle of the pool of light. He appeared to radiate off of the pitch blackness of the area.

"It isn't our fault. That Arch had more help." Slate cackled in the darkness. It echoed in the chamber.

"My sources tell me that Arch defeated you Duran-Ran with a longsword. You of all people, a Bounty Hunter for 20 years. Who has dueled some of the greatest Vibroblade smiths. You were bested by a Kaminoan Detective on Nar Shadda. You even wounded him in the head. " He turned to Dardan. "You should learn how to shoot your weapon. You missed him by mear inches when he was standing still. You however were bested by two beings this time so I will not punish you as heavily as Duran-Ran." Suddenly the door behind them opened. Black Widow appeared out of the door.

Black Widow was no longer wearing her trademark tight leather. She was now wearing long baggy robes with a cloak.

"Ah Black Widow. How was your trip to Ruusan? I learnt it's location when I was a Reborn under Desann, so it must have been usefull."

"Oooh very. The Valley of the jedi was an eventful experience. Especially after being bathed in the force. How do you wish for me to punish Duran-Ran?"

"You do not need to punish Duran-Ran. Leave him to me. Send Dardan to the torture chamber and await futher instructions." She nodded slowly. Black Widow's eye sockets were black which lead to a small tatoo on her face in the shape of a small spider.

"Very well Dardan. Come with me." Dardan sighed and walked with Black Widow out of the room.

Duran-Ran whimpered several times as Slate paced the area. "Now what to do with you Duran-Ran. I might as well just do this the old fasioned way."

Suddenly a red beam of light appeared in the darkness. Duran-Ran believed it to be a lazer from a blaster. But he suddenly knew better as it came for his head. He heaved a sigh of relief as his head was removed from his body.

Slate switched his lightsaber off in an instant. He stowed it away into his robes as a reflex. "Now Duran-Ran. I hope you will think about your failure in the next life." Suddenly the door opened once more. Black Widow appeared again,

"Dardan is in the torture chamber. I believe a few hours with the Krayt dragon will suffice. How will you follow Team Hornet now?"

"This Arch is more powerful then I once thought. He didn't kill Duran-Ran, instead he humiliated him and waited for me to do it."

"Sir there is a tracking bug on all of the ships at the transport office on Nar Shadda. They have commandeered one of them and are on route to Korriban. Should we follow them?"

"Yes my apprentice. I will send you with Screech and Bravil. Make sure you bring Arch to me alive. The head of the Returner Organisation has stressed this." She nodded and walked out of the room. The pool of light was extinguished and Slate walked deeper into his quarters.

This is a casual chapter. Just basing this area off of Kotor's depiction

Minus 82 and COUNTING...

Even flow, thoughts arrive like butterflies

Oh, he don't know, so he chases them away

Someday yet, he'll begin his life again

Life again, life again...

Even Flow - Pearl Jam

Arch was not at all surprised at Korriban on the land. It was dry and felt it had lost it's former magnificance centuries ago. Now it just stood there, waiting for a sandstorm to bury it.

As Arch slowly stepped off the ship a feeling of vertigo ensued. His vision dilated several times until the shaking stopped. He shook his head several times until his vision returned to normal.

"Hey Arch. You alright?" Vries asked walking over to him. Arch nodded rather slowly in response.

Dreshdae was of course abandoned. The entire place was covered in dust that seemed to cover the polish that might have once been there. It appeared as if no one had been there in at least 50 years.

"Alright Dreshdae. Now the Valley of the Dark Lords is close to here. Lets see if any of it still stands." Though Arch could feel the heat of the planet, he quickly closed his trench coat. He couldn't place what he was feeling. It was as if a dead evil was there, ready to be unearthed.

"So what are we going to do? Hang out in a tomb for a month?" Arch asked sarcastically to Dar-Resh. Dar-Resh gave him a pouting look with his eyes and mask. Though Kel Dor's were not very good at making facial expressions.

"No. From my experience we can lay low here. We can transmit one of our tapes to another planet, that way we can make sure the Hunters cannot trace us using the tapes." Dar-Resh's plan seemed logical enough

"But what if they find us anyway? Our ship cannot take us anywhere else."

"Well I do not know. Maybe there is something remotely flyable here on this planet we can use." Arch shrugged as he bumped into Yossk accidentally. Surprisingly he paid no mind to him.

"So Yossk. Why are you on Urban Death?" Arch asked him. He still wanted to know why everyone was there before they died.

"Its a little complicated. Mostly I was apart of a gang on Dac. Do you know what an Omerta is?" Arch shook his head.

They were out of Dreshdae now. The former sith academy could be seen. Like Dreshdae it to appeared to have a former magnificance, then cut down early in it's prime.

"So what is an Omerta?" Arch asked as they walked.

"It is a little hard to explain. Basically it was a set of rules for my gang on Dac. The Omerta was that you werent allowed to squeal about the gang's actions on the planet. It was punishable by death. I of course broke it."

"What did you do?" Arch asked curiously. He had never heard of such rules.

"Well I was a little scared of death. We took out this large starship that had thousands of credits worth of booty on board. I barely managed to survive that mission at all. Our next mission was much more difficult. We had to rob a starship that had CBLE opperatives on it."

"Ah. Well I can detect that you werent on that mission." Arch suspected that if he was. Arch would probably have been bullied into interrogating him by one of his superiors.

"No I wasn't. I went to an office on Dac and turned myself in. I told them everything I did and requested to be on Urban Death. Knowing that this way I would have 9 other people on my back. I broke the Omerta and now I know, if I go anywhere near Dac I will be assasinated." Yossk finally finished sighing. Meleena came up from behind them.

"I was an assasin for the very same gang on Dac. I didn't understand why Yossk decided to turn himself in at all. But at least I wasn't ordered to kill him. I was busted right before I could assasinate this really hard target on Dac. I watched a lot of Urban Death so I decided to try this out." Meleena soon walked closer to Yossk.

They were now inside the academy. The entire area was pitch black, with the sound of animals roaming around was loud and obvious. Luckily Dar-Resh took what looked like a flare stick out of his clothing. "Alright most ancient academies like these have small backup generator switch. Just in case a traitorous sith would try and cut the electricity to gain an advantage." Within seconds the lights came on.

It wasn't surprisng to see the cobwebs that coated all of the walls. Several of the chambers were sealed in thousand year old cobwebs that had wouldn't be looked upon by humanoid eyes.

"Keep on your guard. The valley of the Dark Lords should be close by. We could probably find something flyable near there. The battle of Korriban happened there, so I suspect at least one Remnant fighter remains." Arch was slightly surprised at Dar-Resh's knowledge. Especially wether any of that knowledge was correct.

Arch's pistol was still in his holster, which was inside his jacket. Arch quickly took his E11 out and cocked it. He smirked as he heard a quiet roar coming from a chamber nearby

Ive begun helping people with the storylines of their mods. Anyway with this chapter in particular is heavy in foreshadowig.

I had a little swear in here that I sensored. Just incase admins wish to take action.

Number nine in songs I based the fanfic off of

Minus 81 and COUNTING...

Every single day

Every word you say

Every game you play

Every night you stay

I'll be watching you

Every breath you take - The Police

The owner of the roar was just a simple Tu'kata. It soon met it's end looking at Arch's E11. The kill was quick and easy as Arch expected.

"Is this it Dar-Resh? I expected something... bigger. Like a Terentatek." A Terentatek was a beast of apparent burdan. One that fed upon Jedi and would be a burdon upon the galaxy. It was said that a true test of courage and valor was to kill a Terentatek in lone combat. Arch had heard that Terentatek mainly lived on Korriban but dwelt on other worlds.

"This is only the academy. We must press onto the Valley of the Dark Lords." Dar-Resh continued leading them onwards. Towards another door at the other end of the academy.

The all to farmiliar dry air was present here. They were in a small canyon area. Arch could already sense that something bigger and worse was onwards. A cold wind swept through Arch as he shivvered. Even though everyone else began complaining about the head. Arch didn't understand why he alone felt cold on a desert planet.

Dar-Resh lead them past an empty cave towards the Valley of the Dark Lords. Arch could mearly stare in awe at the giant stih statues that it had. All built by slaves thousands of years before. Now stood silent crumbling in the dust of their former magnificance. Arch could feel another presance at work there. Something worse then he felt before. It was as if a cloaked blanket was enveloping the planet.

"Well here we are. The Valley of the Dark Lords. You would be surprised the kind of people who have stood here today." Dar-Resh said triumphantly. Almost everyone else however paid no attention to his enthusiasm.

"Alright then. We should be able to find more shade inside a tomb." Dar-Resh's eyes scanned the area until he spotted one tomb that wasn't entirely collapsed.

"I believe Marka Ragnos's tomb is still standing. We can discuss what to do next there."

The long trek to the tomb was eventful. But eventually they made it to the pyramid-like statue which entered the tomb. While walking into the tomb Arch caught the glimpse of what looked like a ship in the distance. But dismissed it as the heat playing tricks on his eyes. Even though he couldn't feel any heat on him.

As they slowly made their way into the tomb Arch felt a strange feeling. It was as if something was out of place. Something was being disturbed. He quickly jogged over to Dar-Resh.

"Stop. Something is wrong. Stay here." He put his arm out in a stopping motion. Mostly everyone there was just happy they were in the shade and away from the dark dry air.

Arch had his E11 in his hands now. He slowly walked down the darkened hallway until he saw the main chamber of the tomb. Arch didn't know who Marka Ragnos was. But by the way Dar-Resh was in awe of the tomb Arch suspected he must have been one bad*** mother******

The tomb included a large room with a statue of the Sith at the end. Collumns were put in an orderly fasion that lined up with the entrance. Arch had finally understood where the source of the noise was coming from. Far near the statue were 3 men. Their clothing suggested they were mercenaries. What amazed Arch was that rather then blasters they held Stun Batons. The reason being was an animal in the middle of the small circle they were in. The animal Arch could barely distinguish.

"Come on now Trudan. Your Stunning skills are the worst I have ever seen" It came from a green Twi'lek who was the largest of the group by far.

"Maybe I can help." Arch called from the other end of the tomb. The mercenaries turned in disbelief at the Kaminoan holding a blaster at them.

"Mind explaining why your torturing an animal with stun batons in the middle of a Sith tomb?" Arch shook his E11 around at both of them in a relaxed manor

A human on the left answered"Hey man chill. My mate here bought this "bioengineered" beast here off this cloner. But he bought the wrong animal that I wanted. So right now we are punishing it for trying to attack us" Arch found this story to be both unbelieveable and laughable.

"Why are you hiding out in a tomb?"

"Oh this CBLE opperative is trying to find us so we thought of hiding out on this planet. Who are you anyway?" The Twi'lek soon blinked several times until he finally gasped.

"Yo Gino. I think I know who that is. That's that..." The Twi'lek made several snaps with his fingers before Arch cocked his E11.

"Thats Arch... On Urban Death. We all get 1000 credits." Arch put his eye through the E11 scope and fired at the Twi'lek. Catching him directly in the brain tenticle. He groaned in pain as he stumbled and fell.

"Lets go." Arch snarled as he fired at the human on the left. He attempted to charge for him with his stun baton. Arch's shots made contact with both his abdomen and his torso. He buckled and tripped on the ground. Arch pointed his E11 at the remaining human who slowly cowered in fear.

"Do you really think you could go up against me? Have a nice time in hell." Arch quickly aimed at the cowering human and fired at his head. He slowly toppled to the ground.

The animal was a curious sight. It was muzzled and bound to a long tether. Arch saw that contrary to the human's story it wasn't harmful at all. Rather it was scared and shivering. It's torso was covered with baton wounds.

The animal itself was roughly waist high for Arch. It bore the appearance of a bipedal kangaroo mixed with a stag. Arch reached his hand for the creature and just as it pulled away he began to feel it's burn wounds. The animal slowly stared at him for a few seconds before finally purring from the attention. Arch knelt down and slowly looked into the creatures eyes. A strange feeling enveloped him. One of pride and sedation

"These mercs probably didn't name you then. I guess I should name you... Reaver..." The name sounded strangely farmiliar to him.

Arch looked up to see the face of Dar-Resh stepping over the human's body. "Oh i see this tomb wasn't uninhabited..."

Another great addition RakataDark. I do have one question though, how does Dar-Resh know all of this stuff about Korriban and what tombs are whos? It seems like he knows a lot about them. Smart fellow, I guess. I think that it might be nice to know why he knows all of this information.

Rev7: Dar-Resh is a conveniantly placed plot twist that helps me open up to a much larger plot twist. It's really complicated and will make more sense in the next few chapters.

This chapter is mostly a spur of the moment thing. It is building up to a major action storyarc that is going to last for a few chapters.

Number 8 in songs I based the fic off of

Minus 80 and COUNTING...

Born a natural loser, can't recall just where

Raised on pool and poker and a dollar here and there

Blackjack hand, dealer man, you'd better pay off that last debt

Two-bit hand, a 21 is all I ever get

Go Down Gambling - Blood, Sweat & Tears

The entire group lounged around Ragnos's tomb. The only real conversations existed between Meleena, Dar-Resh and Drustale Arms. Who began discussing other planets to travel to. The ship in the distance was apparently in good enough condition for all of them. As well it could transmit a tape to the Returner Headquarters. They did only have a few hours left before they defaulted on their credits.

Arch stayed silent away from the 3's planning. Arch mostly stayed next to Reaver, who seemed to be quite dependant on him. Reaver would silently growl at Vries's constant approaches to talk to Arch. Arch found this to be a tad annoying, though useful if he was in a mood.

The next planet was discussed and finally voted on. Dar-Resh requested Correlia as their next place. Even though it was a large urban area, the place had enough slums to hide in.

Arch didn't really mind where they would go. As long as it wasn't Coruscant. Fighting hunters and mercs was one thing. But Arch didn't want to think of firing at fellow CBLE opperatives.

"Hush Arch... It was just a bad dream... the Charon do not really exist. It was all just your imagination..."

Arch was shaken away by Vries finally. It appeared a few hours had passed and Arch fell asleep sitting propped on Ragnos's statue.

"Yo Arch. Lets go, comeon." Arch nodded and walked out of the tomb. Reaver followed from behind.

"So Vries. When are you going to tell me really why your on Urban Death?" Arch asked Vries as they walked out of the tomb.

"Maybe later. It's just to emotional right now." Arch could already sense the emotions that Vries was facing just speaking. Arch nodded and lead Reaver out of the tomb.

As they walked towards the star cruiser a foreign sound could be heard. It was distant... but far to farmiliar for any of them. Arch felt weak just hearing the sound grow louder as it came closer. It was a star cruiser, one Arch knew from sight. It was the "Unknown Stranger" Slate's flagship. It was seen during the introduction for Urban Death.

"Slate has found us on Korriban?" Arch whispered underneath his breath. The Unknown Stranger quickly landed opposite the ship. As the drawbridge lowered 4 mercenaries were seen walking out of it. Fully armed to the teeth with blasters.

Arch simply stood there in awe of the large ship. Vries tugged Arch's sleeve, edging him towards the ship.

"No Vries. That ship is going to shoot us out of the sky." Arch unzipped his trench coat and handed his pistol to Vries. He called over to Duan quickly.

"Duan I need a longsword and two semi automatic light blaster pistols." Duan quickly ammased his weapons. The two blaster pistols she retrieved from the Mercenarie's ship. Arch took his holster off for room and then strapped his longsword to his back.

"Arch what are you doing?" Meleena asked walking over to him.

"Isn't it obvious? The ship is already far away from them. The reason they are landing there is to get footage of us lifting off and them blowing us all out of the sky easily." Arch answered quickly as he loaded the pistols.

"Yeah but Arch. What are you doing?" Meleena asked again.

"I am going in there." He said pointing towards the "Unknown Stranger."

"Oh Arch come on now. That thing probably has a ton of hired mercenaries and probably all ten hunters. Even if you manage to get onboard what are you going to do? It's probably a hundred to one." Arch shrugged and placed the pistols into his coat pockets.

"I don't care. It's the only alternative. I am going in there alone." Meleena laughed hysterically.

"Your going to take more then 10 Hunters on your own? Well if you want to commit suicide I wont stop you. But at least listen to reason." Arch shook his head and knelt down to Reaver.

"Stay here." He said to the animal. He still couldn't recognise what species it was. Dar-Resh walked over to Arch.

"Alright Arch. If you really believe you can do this then go for it. Just trust in yourself." Arch shrugged and nodded at Dar-Resh. Dar-Resh's confidence in him was strange. Even Arch believed it was a suicide mission. Though really he didn't care. He just wanted to exterminate some criminals. All for his own reasons.

Arch nodded at all of the others. Then started his trek towards the Unknown Stranger. His trench coat was open now, flapping in the breeze.

There were 4 mercenaries outside the Unknown Stranger. All 4 took positions around the drawbridge once Arch got close to the ship. Arch smiled at with his blasters out.

Rev7: Dar-Resh is a conveniantly placed plot twist that helps me open up to a much larger plot twist. It's really complicated and will make more sense in the next few chapters.

Very well then, I will keep my eyes opened. Very suspenseful. I love it and hate it at the same time.

Whew new act. This time I am cutting all the crap and focusing on action and revelations in the next few chapters

ACT 3: The edge of a lightsaber

Minus 79 and COUNTING...

So you say I got a dirty mind,

I'm a mean go getter

I don't know why

I don't know why, anymore

Oh no

Come on feel the noise - Quiet Riot

After Arch finished dispatching the four mercenaries he quickly checked them. They were all Trandoshans, which was both scary and odd. Most Trandoshan mercenaries were more expensive then humans.

"They really went all out... more fun for me then." Arch slowly walked up the drawbridge of the ship and looked around. The ship itself was larger then Arch expected. Though the area around the drawbridge was packed with crates. Instantly, Arch heard a scraping behind him.

Arch spun around and fired at a Trandoshan behind him. Even the Trandoshan looked surprised. Arch looked at the pistols in his hand and shook his head. He didn't understand how he could just hear the Trandoshan and spin then fire so accurately. He decided to ignore it and press on.

As he walked through the ship he noticed a small floor plan next to a turbolift.

"Alright. Bridge is 3 floors up." Arch gulped a little. He ran his finger down the small hallways, along with rooms that read "Mercenary quarters". The ship had 3 floors with an adjoning hallway that ran by all the rooms. Arch quickly checked his pistols and headed up a floor.

Arch could already hear murmuring and talking surrounding him. The element of surprise didn't mean a single thing in a straight hallway. Arch pressed his trigger fingers and fired a single shot.

"Come on you bastards. Come out here so I can rip your beating hearts out." Arch snarled, waiting.

Suddenly 5 Trandoshans came out of one room. "It's that Kaminoan." One shouted in heavily translated basic. Arch fired one shot at his throat. His mouth gave a gurgling sound before he fell to the ground. The Trandoshans now fired at him.

Arch barely managed to dodge 4 shots that came at him. Most of them were terrible aim, though one impacted off of his coat. Barely missing his torso. Arch smirked as he fired upon them. Though three fell to the ground easily one ran into the Mercanary quarter that they came out of. Arch ran in after him.

The lone Trandoshan ran underneath a nearby crate. Arch fired several shots at the crate. Though none of them did.

"Hey holonet newsflash Kaminoan. Your surrounded. Have a nice death." The Trandoshan called from behind the crate. Arch could already hear a clicking sound from behind it. The sound of weapons loading. Arch waited until the Trandoshan would get up to fire. Arch could hear what little heartbeat he had in his ears. It sounded monotone and relentless.

Finally the Trandoshan fired at him. Arch managed to get 3 shots into his torso downing him instantly. Though he couldn't notice one red lazer impacting on his torso. Arch staggered slightly, looking at the burn wound in his abdomen.

"Ah... damn." Arch leaned on the wall next to him slightly. The pain was greater then he previously imagined. He had never been shot in the torso before. The only time he had ever been shot was in the leg 4 months before at CBLE headquarters. The only thing that came to him at that point was a medpack. Arch slowly limped over to the Trandoshan's corpse.

"Alright you dumb lizard. Lets see if you have anything useful." Arch slowly searched the Trandoshan. Then he heard scuffling behind him. As if sensing someone's presance there he spun and fired. Hitting a human directly between the eyes.

"How do I do that?" Arch whispered to himself. More scuffling could be heard coming closer. Arch continued to search the Trandoshan until he finally found a medpack

"Ho ho ho." He quickly administered the medpack. Though the pain decreased to a tollerable level. Arch could still feel the burn of the blaster wound in his torso.

Arch crouched behind the crate that the Trandoshan was behind. Waiting to see the whites of their eyes

Wow, Arch really is a relentless, cold blooded killer. Nice chapter. Arch really is quite the gunslinger, and has some extrodinary accuracy. Amazing. I like how straightforward you are, that meaning how Arch just barged into the ship. :)

I apologise for the length of this chapter. It was slightly rushed compared to the previous one

Minus 78 and COUNTING...

I heat up, I cant cool down

You got me spinnin

round and round

round and round and round it goes

Where it stops nobody knows

Abracadabra - Steve Miller Band

"Strangely enough I remember even now what happened onboard the Unknown Stranger. It was the day that I met Reaver. That little animal I found out later was connected to my past. I thought I understood my past. But that day... I was corrected. There where deep seeded holes miles wide."

Arch waited, crouching behind the crate. Until the scuffling grew louder and a Gammorean burst through of the door. Arch recognised this Gammorean from the episode of Urban Death back at the apartment. It was Bravil, the one who would go in and fight. He was wielding a heavy battle axe above his head.

Arch only had seconds to dive out of the way of his battle axe as he swung it directly at the crate. The crate was completely obliterated into thousands upon thousands of small pieces.

"Damn." Arch said. Bravil turned with his axe and charged at Arch. Arch quickly got up and dodged him again. Noticing his inability to make turns when he charged.

"That gives me an idea." Arch studied Gammorean at the CBLE academy. Though he could barely understand it, he knew what Bravil was grunting out. Bravil seemed to be grunting out "Salvation" as he charged.

"Come on Gamorean. I am about to set your civilisation back 1 thousand years" Arch quickly took his longsword into his hands and waited for Bravil to charge at him again. This time he rotated his battle axe around several times. Arch crouched and then dived out of the way. Then quick as lightning he jumped onto Bravil's back.

The Gamorean squealed several times as he rotated himself around. Arch started to get woozy as the room spun in several directions. Then Bravil slammed Arch into a nearby wall

"I'm sending you to see Aviator. Have a nice time with him in hell." Arch quickly took his longsword to Bravil's head. He quickly sliced his throat. As the Gamorean screamed in pain Arch sliced into his back.

"HAVE SOME OF THAT!" Arch continued slashing at his back. Even when he was down on the ground. Soon his death rattle could be sounded.

"You liked that didn't you?" Arch slowly cleaned the blade on Bravil's clothing and holstered it back on his back.

"And then there were 9". He whispered as he walked back into the hallway.

Most of the mercenaries had run out of the ship as soon as Bravil came. Arch smirked as he walked over to the stairs. "Lets see if its going to be that easy on the next floor." He said checking his guns. He slowly gunslinged them into his pockets.

This chapter I wanted to split into 2 parts. But then I figured everyone would already get what I was going to do in then.

This is a very major revelation chapter that I hope you shall enjoy. Any questions you may have I shall most likely reveal to you in the next chapter

Minus 77 and COUNTING...

Colour me your colour, baby

Colour me your car

Colour me your colour, darling

I know who you are

Call me - Blondie

Arch walked up the small staircase. Noticing that now his arm was slowly stifening up. Strangely when he moved it, the arm would slowly return back to normal. Arch found himself constantly moving his arm until he got to the top of the staircase.

This hallway was different. It spiraled several times before leading to a hyperlift. Presumably towards the bridge. A small thought crossed Arch's mind. He could either dash to the hyperlift and get to the bridge easily. But then face every single mercenary on him at one time when he chose to leave after sabatoging the ship.

Finally Arch sighed and took his pistols out. He silently walked over to the nearest room.

"Knock knock." He said while he opened it. Arch's eyes peered around the figures sitting at a small table in the middle of the room. 3 of them were Rodians while 2 of them were humans. Though the diversity didn't surprise Arch at all. He had seen stranger things to be sure.

Arch fired at 2 of the Rodians. 1 fell directly onto his Sabacc cards, while the other fell directly out of his seat. Arch quickly ducked out from the door. He quickly reloaded as a human burst out of the room. He fired 1 shot at Arch, hitting him above the shoulder. Arch fired 2 shots. One at the foot and one at the head. Arch groaned in pain as the burn wound was easily noticeable. Arch shrugged to bury the pain away

Then suddenly it did. It was as if Arch could easily just clear his mind and the pain would dull. Strangely enough he didn't understand why he could do it. Though stranger things had happened.

Arch faced the final Rodian. Who it appeared was cowering in fear of Arch's blasters.

"Don't kill me. I just work with these guys." The Rodian spouted in his language. Arch still understood him.

"Lets hope so." Arch rammed the blunt edge of the side of his blaster pistol at the Rodian's head. He fell to the ground unconcious. He wasn't angry enough to kill a Rodian in cold blood.

Arch turned around to see a gun in his face. An almost robotic voice sounded from the wielder.

"Don't move." Arch recognised the hunter. It was Screech. The one who appeared to wear StormTrooper armor

The next few moments to Arch were a haze to him. He could recall being disarmed and shoved along up the stairs to the bridge. Screech was holding his right arm. The arm that had the blaster wound on it.

"My mistress has been wondering why you took so long on Bravil. He was the weakest of us. Only used to distract Hornets." The one on the left was a Trandoshan. He had a strange almost misshapen head.

The bridge itself was very large compared to the rest of the ship. It sloped downwards, with a large console viewable at the end. As Arch was dragged he could only marvel at the archetecture, and how the bright Korriban sunlight bounced off of it.

The figure in the middle of the bridge wore a dark cloak. Her red hair could easily be the most colorful part of her appearance. Indeed strangely enough Arch could feel some emotion towards her. It was as if something about her was manipulating the way he thought. All attempts to shrug it off mearly brought pain coming from his shoulder.

Arch was finally dragged to her. The Zeltron turned around, revealing Black Widow. The leader of the Hunters when Slate wasn't there.

"Ah Arch. So nice of you to join us." The bounty hunters finally got up and walked to other ends of the bridge. Screech walked over to the door. His massive blaster carbine could easily be seen.

"So Arch. What do you think of the ship? You know a lot of those bounty hunters you killed costed the Returner Organisation a pretty penny." Arch scoffed.

"You can afford it."

"Yes indeed we can. Slate appologises that he cannot be here in person. He instructed his apprentice to finish you. However I don't believe that the Head really needs you alive Arch. You do not seem very special. Other then that whole thing with Dar-Resh. But you must already know about that." Black Widow spoke with a very seductive tone. Her tattoos were easily viewable around her yellow eyes. Arch now felt a strange feeling when looking at her. Dark feelings.

"So what are you? Some sort of dark jedi?" Arch questioned her. She threw her head back and laughed. Each laugh brought stinging sensastions from Arch's memory.

"You could say that." Her lightsaber could easily be seen. Her hand grasped the black, bone-like hilt.

"This hilt here I constructed rather easily. But you know all about constructing lightsaber hilts don't you?" The word hilt brought painful stinging sensations to Arch. Strangely enough he was confused.

~~Meanwhile~~

Meleena was rather bored waiting for Arch to return. Though Meleena wished to leave as soon as possible. She already knew that he was dead. The only person who apparently didn't believe so was Duan. Who kept speaking to Vries about it.

"Look I still think that he is alive. We should stay here and wait."

"Wait? He is dead already. Look we can probably buy some time and jump to hyperspace before they can even think." Drustale, Yossk, Meleena, Drossk and Guan Kleg now joined in the conversation. Guan Kleg however still kept silent.

"Well Corellia still seems like a good place to be. What do you think Drossk?" Drustale Arms asked Drossk. He shrugged.

"I don't mind. But I still think we should wait for the Kaminoan. At least for a little while." Most of them nodded while Vries shrugged.

Suddenly Vries looked around at all of them and sighed. "Alright. Wait a moment." Vries suddenly counted all of them. "Where is Dar-Resh?"

~~Meanwhile~~

"Look Zeltron. I don't know what your talking about. I have been a member of CBLE for the past 4 years and before that I lived on Coruscant as hand for a shopkeep. I remember everything about it. I have no idea what your talking about." Black Widow now walked closer to Arch. She rested her hand on his shoulder.

"Do you really believe that Arch? You should know that simple memories can easily be erased and rewritten. Look at CBLE. They erase memories all the time. Then just implant identities into people. Some people don't know who they are, or what they do." Then her other hand moved towards Arch's face. "But some abilities resurface over time..."

Suddenly Black Widow's expression changed. She turned around facing the large console.

"Ah. Well then Arch. Your friends are resilliant. So before I kill you I might as well elaborate." Black Widow walked over to the console and punched several combinations on it. Instantly Slate's face came on the viewscreen

"Log entry 24-23. My apprentice, please do not show this clip unless on camera. Screech still has his implants in his eyes. So Arch, as my apprentice has now slightly revealed to you. Some of your memories are not real. Let me elaborate on what she has just said." Then a Rodian brought over a crate towards Arch.

"Now I only learned this a few hours ago from the Head of the Returner Headquarters himself. But he charged me with this crate." Slate showed the same crate that was infront of Arch on the viewscreen. Inside are a few possessions you previously owned." Arch slowly opened the crate.

Arch looked at the objects inside the crate. Instantly strange visions came to Arch. Strange piercing visions that were painful to the touch. Ones of darkside and lightside. Ones of Dar-Resh and finally, ones of the force. Finally Arch understood what Black Widow said earlier. As he lifted up a pair of robes. The Robes were easy enough to recognise. Arch remembered wearing them.

Black Widow finally walked over to Arch. As he held the black jedi robes in his hands.

"Yes Arch. You must finally understand now. The Heads understood easily what you are by extracting the information from one of your fellow jedi friends." Her lightsaber was ignited. A dark red blade could be seen.

"Now I am going to kill you. Any more witty comments to spout?" She taunted him. Arch stared at her and shook his head.

"No. But don't get surprised after I kill you." The Zeltron threw her head back and laughed. Even Arch found it funny.

"Kill me? Quite the contrary." No one looked at the bridge windows while she laughed. Except for Arch. Noticing the all to farmiliar Dar-Resh now on the roof of the ship.

Minus 76 and COUNTING...

You think you've private lives

Think nothing of the kind.

There is no true escape

I'm watching all the time.

I'm made of metal

My circuits gleam.

I am perpetual

I keep the country clean.

Electric Eye - Judas Priest

Black Widow continued laughing until Dar-Resh broke through the bridge windows. Entirely preoccupied and not noticing him.

Black Widow spun around to see Dar-Resh standing there. He came through a hole in the hard bridge windows.

"Ah Dar-Resh. So conveniant for you to come. I am just dealing with your apprentice here." Black Widow was still in a laughing mood. She completely underestimated the Kel Dor

"Apprentice?" Arch said backing up a little. Suddenly it all made sense.

"Well Black Widow. It is conventiant for you to be here. I will show you the difference between the light and the dark" Black Widow conveniantly backed up from the middle of the bridge.

"Enough of this. Screech, take care of this Jedi." Screech the ever so loyal hunter ran to the middle of the bridge. His blaster carbine aimed at Dar-Resh.

I didn't think that Dar-Resh would blank out this quickly. Arch thought to himself.

As soon as Screech fired his shot a silver lightsaber blade came out to block it. Dar-Resh had a lightsaber, it explained why he didn't buy a weapon on Nar Shadaa.

Dar-Resh easily blocked Screech's shots. They rickocheed and hit several mercenaries. Killing them instantly. Dar-Resh charged for Screech. Soon his right hand fell from his body. Along with his left and right leg. Screech screamed in pain as Dar-Resh slowly killed him.

"Well I didn't believe Screech would be that headstrong. Oh well, bounty hunters. The jedi is worth 3x as much as the Kaminoan." Dar-Resh levitated a nearby mercenary's blaster out of his hands and threw it at Arch.

Dar-Resh backflipped to avoid half a dozen lazers fired at him. Arch aimed at the nearest mercenary and shot him directly in the head. The blast was so large that it went through his head and made a clean cauterised hole where his mouth was.

Dar-Resh threw his lightsaber and killed another Mercenary. While Arch elegantly fired at the rest of them. Soon Black-Widow was the only one.

"Give it up Black Widow. There are two against one." Black Widow's lightsaber ignited. She charged for Dar-Resh, meeting the silver and the red in a forray of colored sparks.

The parries and blocks went on for a while. Black Widow would powerfully slash at Dar-Resh with her blade while the Kel-Dor would just either duck or parry it easily. Soon Black Widow found her lightsaber thrown to the opposite end of the bridge.

"It is over." Dar-Resh said while pointing the lightsaber blade to her face. She gulped and walked backwards. Apparently surprised her power was defeated so easily. Arch walked over aiming his blaster at Black Widow.

"Alright how do we kill her?" Arch asked Dar-Resh. He shook his head.

"She is going to stay alive. I believe Slate will be quite angry at her for coming empty handed." Dar-Resh reached for Arch's blaster and cleanly hit her over the side of the head. Black-Widow crumpled to the ground unconciously. Arch was surprised by Dar-Resh's emotion to it. He had no anger or sadness doing it. It was all as if he had done it before.

"What the hell is going on Dar-Resh. All of the sudden I have this Zeltron saying that my memories are implanted and having all of these strange flashbacks. What has just happened." Dar-Resh sighed and walked over to the crate.

"There is no time. Take this crate, we must leave at once." Arch walked over to Screech's remains. He had Arch's longsword still on him.

Arch quickly took his longsword and walked out of the ship with Dar-Resh. Still entirely confused.

~1 hour later~

"So there it happened. We walked over to the ship and finally blasted off into space. Dar-Resh filled me in on my past. With the crate that supposedly held my past belongings. I waited in the ship while Drossk tended to my shoulder wound."

The ship itself was small but big enough for 9 people and 1 animal. Reaver quietly sat near the drawbridge while Arch sat across from Dar-Resh.

"So what do you mean your Jedi Council erased my memories." Arch asked him. Dar-Resh sighed and placed his lightsaber on the table infront of him.

"Arch for the last ten years or so you have attended the Jedi Praxium on Yavin 4. You were sent there after undergoing genetic mutation to age you to ten years old. By then you were the rough equivilant of 15 human years. Apparently for some odd reason on Kamino this major project was shut down and you were apart of it. Some prototype for a new breed of species. One which would mutate over time. They shut it down after they couldn't find a particular species that would co-exist with Kamino DNA. However they found 1 species in particular that they found was submissive with really any DNA they found. So they chose that. But they found that in the other clones they were deemed to bloodthirsty to do anything but kill any living thing that they saw. So they killed these clones off and decided to mix a slight amount off human genome into one last prototype. After 2 years finally it was perfected.. in you." Dar-Resh finally finished his long speach.

"Apparently afterwards the project was deemed a failure by the sponser and all the previous prototypes were killed. Except for you. You were deemed force sensitive by a Jedi visitor and was brought to the jedi Praxium. Where you stayed for the last ten years." Dar-Resh said calmly. Arch found himself gaining random flashes into the past. Strange flashes he couldn't understand.

"What do you mean for the last ten years? I was a member of CBLE for 4 years."

"Well. Around 10 months ago we found out about Urban Death. Most dismissed it as a potential hazard to unfitting for jedi intervention. Until master Horne found out about the leader Slate. Slate's history is unknown to all, except the fact that several years ago he was a Reborn warrior in an army headed by the Dark Jedi Desann. Slate is a sith lord and is believed will become Dark Lord of the sith."

"So what did you do about it?" Arch asked him.

"We did the only thing we could do. We had to stop Slate before he would become to powerful and attempt to take over the Returner organisation and eventually the republic. So we had to select one Jedi who would be able to stop Slate and make him become a contestant on his holonet show. You were selected. Your mind was to be erased and your sensitiveness to the force was to be silenced but not removed. You were implanted with a new identity and assigned as a detective for CBLE. Because of your so called Experience and your ability to complete any objective Slate requested you be apart of CBLE. Unknown that you were a Jedi."

"So why are you here then? How did he find out?" Arch asked. It was a question he wanted answered.

"I was your jedi master on Yavin 4. I was secretly placed into the lineup for Urban Death, so that when Slate personally came for Team Hornet you could have some help and know full and well of your past. However we understood that if I was just hacked into the system Slate would eventually understand who I am. So that is why your memory was wiped and mine wasn't."

Arch winsed as Drossk finished patching up his wound he slowly walked back to the crate.

"So all of my life has been a lie. A product for some Jedi crusade." Arch lifted up the robes. Ones he had now remembered wearing.

"What was I like as a Jedi?" Arch asked Dar-Resh from across the ship.

"Well from training you I found that you were very obediant. You were quite determined to stop your enemies. Like most jedi are. But something was different about you. Though you struggled with the darkside like most jedi do, your emotions were stronger. I found that you killed most targets out of anger then self defence. You also used the dark side of the force regularly. I believe the council decided you among everyone else so you could repent greater."

"When was my mind wiped?" Arch asked him.

"Well.. your identity was implanted... 9 months ago." Dar-Resh said rather hesitantly.

"So... it all makes sense now. I met both Friday and Du'Karn 9 months ago. Du'Karn I guess you thought was a catalyst for this."

"Your fiance is real. Though we have found out darker things about the Returner organisation. We found that Stigma, Alpha and Horizons were all manufactured by the Returner Organisation. It was part of a mass conspiracy. For what reasons I don't know. But at least you know the truth."

"It may be the truth.. but I don't like it." Arch finally answered. His trench coat was on a chair next to him. His pistol was in it's pocket.

Vries was piloting the ship. Soon he made the jump to hyperspace. To Corellia, the place Dar-Resh said he was from.

"Dar-Resh. Something puzzles me. If I was a Jedi where is my lightsaber?" It was plauging him for a while. A jedi always had a lightsaber and there wasn't one in the crate.

"Ah. Well on Corellia I shall fill you in on that. But first Arch you must get some rest. Your force connection must have come back suddenly on that ship. From all the tension and fear you had." Arch slowly nodded and walked over to the cockpit. He slept in the co-pilot's seat. While the rest of them pondered about what to do next.

---

There. I have probably answered all of your questions you may have had about this whole plot twist. If I havent feel free to ask

Minus 75 and COUNTING...

I went today... maybe I will go again...

Tomorrow

And the music there it was hauntingly...

Familiar

And I see you doing...

What I try to do for me

With the words from a poet...

And the voice from a choir

And a melody... nothing else mattered

Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks

The darkness of the ship felt nausiating to Arch. Strange thoughts crept up on him in his mind.

"You know when I found you... you were dying... clear cut case..."

Arch shook his head and looked around. His vision began to blur and focus by itself several times before finally clearing. He looked at his right hand as it flexed and relaxed. Arch sat up straight and buried his face in his hands.

"Alright Corellia" Vries said from the pilot's seat. The large planet was there before him. Arch could only marvel at the beauty and splendor of the giant rock. With the glittering light bouncing off of it strangely mesmerised Arch's vision. It was as if he could sense the beauty of the light as he watched it.

Dar-Resh walked into the cockpit and leaned on Vries's seat. "Well here we are. Vries we should land in the spaceport of Coronet. Once there we should abandon this ship."

"Why do we have to abandon every ship we come across? What's wrong with this one." Arch asked Dar-Resh curiously. He was starting to like the chair he slept in.

"Use your mind Arch. The entire galaxy has most likely seen this ship on camera. You don't think they would recognise us landing in a popular spaceport?" Arch shrugged, causing Dar-Resh to scoff.

The ship slowly flew through space into Corellia's atmosphere. The beautiful scenery almost seemed as if it gave Arch emotion. Arch felt pleased in the preseance of such a world full of life. Strange flashbacks would soon come. Ones of the force and training with a lightsaber.

"Dar-Resh. You still didn't answer my question. If I was a jedi where is my lightsaber."

"Well Arch. You actually placed a safety deposit box on Coronet for yourself. That you were supposed to open when I deemed it that Slate personally would hunt you. I believe you hid your lightsaber inside that safety deposite box. But I am not sure. We should definately head there first however." Arch shrugged and felt a slight amount of turbulence as the ship headed through several alleyways of Coronet. The cloudy skies bore thousands of raindrops and lightning. Vries was having trouble piloting the ship in the rainstorm.

But eventually he managed to make it to the spaceport. Vries easily landed the ship on a nearby landing pad.

"Alright then. The safety deposit area is close to the spaceport." Dar-Resh said. Suddenly he sported a hood. Everyone follow me." Most of them nodded as Dar-Resh lowered the drawbridge. Everyone walked out of the ship except for Arch.

Arch was busy gathering up the belongings in the crate. The only thing worth any interest besides the robes was a datapad. This datapad bore a picture of himself and Dar-Resh. It was dated 1 year before. The picture had a caption underneath it.

"Me and Dar-Resh after celebrating my acceptance into the Jedi Order. I am finally a Jedi Knight." Arch smiled as he took the datapad.

Arch quickly changed out of his musty dirty clothing. His white shirt was already ripped and charred from the blaster wounds that were now healed. His pants were far to large for him along with his boots. Arch quickly tossed the clothing away and changed into the robes. Strangely enough Arch found it odd how the robes felt on his frame. His digitigrade legs fit perfectly in the pants that went over the boots. While the upper torso wear consisted of several very light layers underneath what looked like a vest. The vest was brown and appeared to have pouches where he could contain ammunition. The sleeves were very long and went all the way down to his palms. His sleeves were bright white and felt soothing to the touch. Finally Arch found a pair of brown gloves. His gloves fit perfectly on his fingers as well. The back part of his hands had small black patches. Arch felt very refreshed to be in clean clothing. He was especially delighted at how the robes felt on him now.

Arch took the datapad with the picture and placed it inside his trench coat inner pocket. He placed his pistol inside his other pocket and threw on the coat. While the robes felt nicely on him, it was still raining and they didn't keep very much temperature still in him. Arch walked out of the ship and raised the drawbridge. Arch was also surprised to hear how the splashing sounds when he walked sounded like.

The Kaminoan ran after Dar-Resh and the rest of them. They were now walking out of the starport onto the large streets of Coronet. They could see starcruisers whizzing by them at all times.

Dar-Resh was the only one who noticed Arch's wardrobe change. He nodded in pleasement towards it. Arch shrugged and continued walking with them.

Drossk was far in the back. He was by far the most nervous since they landed. Arch quickly questioned him.

"So Drossk. Why are you fidgiting?" He asked him.

"I don't know... It's far to cold on this planet." Arch snickered at his lie.

"Oh please Trandoshan. I know that is a lie. Now tell me already." Arch responded in a monotone droid-like way.

"Alright then. The last guy I robbed lives in this city. He always swore he would find me... he is the head of this really big company that has CorSec in it's pocket." CorSec was the local law enforcement on Corellia. While it wasn't as big as CBLE, CorSec had less corruption charges and more recruits. Many tourists to Coruscant complained about how much crime there was in Coruscant compared to Coronet.

Finally Dar-Resh stopped outside of a large building with large blocky Aurebesh words. It read "Safety deposit boxes."

"Oh hey Drossk. Did you broadcast that tape?" Drossk nodded slowly.

"Yes Duan and Vries did it all. Though they stated that you were on the ship. I believe that the Returner Organisation will not care due to the amount of footage they have of you on that ship." Drossk responded earnestly.

Vries held a gun to the man behind the safetey deposit box counter. He had a holonet nearby broadcasting Urban Death.

Dar-Resh quickly went by the details and fetched the large safety deposit box. It was in the shape of a large rectangle with a keypad on it.

"Alright then. There is a password lock. Its supposedly a few words that you can have as a password. But you were the one who chose it."

Arch pressed in several random words until a sentance immediately entered his mind. He quickly pressed his gloved hand over the letters. Soon the little screen on the keypad read "and so ends the age of basic and reason". The same sentance Revan said to Carth during his force vision.

The box clicked and opened. Arch peered at the items inside with a curious expression on his face.

Archived