Home

Urban Death

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well then. Now that we have shifted the planet to Corellia I might make an announcement. Right now I am taking requests for created characters to show up in the fic. These characters may or may not be major characters later on. It depends on how I feel Urban Death is going and whether or not they fit.

But anyway. If you truly wish a character to show up in the fic then send me a PM. Or if you wish YIM me. I already have one character I based off of a friend.

Number 7 in songs I based the fic off of

Minus 74 and COUNTING...

When the devil finished, Johnny said: "Well you're pretty good ol' son.

"But if you'll sit down in that chair, right there, and let me show you how its done."

The Devil Went Down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels

Reaver slowly walked following Arch. As Arch carried the small items that were in the container strange thoughts perked up inside of his mind.

The container held 3 items. One mini holo, one small box and strangely enough, a thermal detonator.

"Why would I leave myself an explosive?" Arch asked Dar-Resh as he held all of the items. The thermal detonator was very easy to use and very famous for how explosive it was.

"I don't know. For some odd reason you gave yourself an explosive. Maybe you thought about if it would be useful in the future." This time Dar-Resh didn't speak as if he had something to hide. It was all truthful now, which Arch enjoyed. He didn't like being lied to for the past 9 months.

"So why send me a box? I don't get it." Arch said to Dar-Resh holding the large square box in his hand. The box was made out of strong metal and had no openings to pry it open. Arch feared if he tried to blow it open with the Thermal detonator it would destroy the contents.

Dar-Resh lead them to a large apartment building farther away from the spaceport. This building branched off into smaller apartment complexes. Hundreds of beings walked through these buildings every second. Arch was amazed at how easily Dar-Resh navigated the area. Finally he stopped at a building marked "Alpha"

"Alright here is the Alpha building. As per the request of the jedi order there are 10 rooms here bought in a fake name. Now you all receive one of these rooms." Arch nodded and walked into a room on the far right. Reaver followed him.

The room was simple. A bed, communications apparatus and food dispenser. Arch marveled at the large view he had of Corellia.

Arch slowly took off his coat and threw it onto a nearby chair. Then sat onto the bed. He placed the three objects on the bed. Starting with the holographic projector.

Arch turned the projector on. Instantly a miniature hologram of himself appeared.

"Stop. Before you do anything further know this is for your eyes only." Arch was surprised to see him talking to himself. It was slightly confusing.

"Now I know what you must be wondering. "Oh I'm a jedi now, where is my lightsaber, how do I stop Slate if I am so almighty, what is with all these constant flashbacks. Well here is me explaining myself. I recorded this so I could help myself get a re-balance of the force after my memory wipe and regain my jedi abilities. Lets start with this box." The small miniature hologram picked up the exact same box he was now holding.

"Pick it up and examine it. I used to make these all the time when I was a padawan. Quite simply this box is very fragile, but trying to pry it open will destroy the contents inside. However it can only be opened by a force sensitive using the force to see into the box. So thats what your going to do. Close your eyes and sit cross legged." Arch did as he was told. "Now concentrate." Arch felt as if the voice was echoing inside his head. "feel out with the force. Try and escape yourself, yet stay inside... try and feel. Feel the outer metal of the box. Try and penetrate the box." The voice felt slow and deep inside of his head. Yet as he concentrated he could feel the outside of the box. Even though he wasn't touching it. Then all of the sudden a click could be heard.

"Now once the box opens you shall see your lightsaber inside of it." He was right. Arch could now see his lightsaber levitating itself inside the now open box. Arch reached and grabbed the hilt.

"Your lightsaber is an invaluable tool. I know you might be using blasters or long swords as training with CBLE. I never touched a blaster myself. But this lightsaber is completely superior to any other weapon. It feels lighter then air to use, it can block almost any attack and is a mark of a Jedi. Try and use it for a second." Arch held the lightsaber in his hand

The hilt itself was elegant. It was long and thin. It felt like it was built for his right hand. The small receptors around the hilt felt right with his hand. The hilt itself was curved and felt as if he had used it his entire life. He could recognise a small switch where his thumb was.

Instantly a small ignition sound could be heard. A bright blue blade could be seen extending itself from the hilt.

"I chose blue because I myself am a Jedi Guardian. Plus the fact that our skin is blue. Now I would recommend using your lightsaber as little as possible. You don't want to attract unnecessary attention." Arch nodded to his little holographic counterpart.

"Now I would suggest mediating right now. To regain a few of your lost force skills. Now that your cross legged free your mind of any thoughts possible. Soon you will feel one with the force.

Arch did as he was told. Soon he felt like a weight had been lifted off of him. Like he was sleeping, yet conscious.

Minus 73 and COUNTING...

When I grow up I want to be,

One of the harvesters of the sea.

I think before my days are done,

I want to be a fisherman.

John the Fisherman - Primus

Arch only broke from his meditation when he heard a knock on his door. He slowly opened one eye and finally the other. The hologram had shut itself off.

Arch quickly threw his trench coat on. Reaver was sleeping in a corner nearby, Arch decided not to wake the animal. He slowly lurched himself towards the door.

Vries was there. Along with Drossk. "Arch. Me and the Trandoshan are going for a drink. What about you?" Arch shrugged but eventually nodded. His lightsaber was with him and he wanted to see if he could get to use it.

The rain had stopped for now. The nice reflection from the drops that fell gave the city a new luminescent feel. Arch slowly walked behind Drossk with Vries.

"So Vries. How do you think we are going to survive the next few weeks? I mean only a few days have passed." Vries shrugged. It was true, they had only sent a few tapes in. But it was obvious that the hunters were tracing them through both the tapes and something else. They did find them on Nar Shadda after all.

"I think we have to find some way to bypass that whole tracing tape thing. I don't know... we could try sending the tapes to someone and them sending it on another planet. But it seems way to complicated." Vries answered.

"Yeah. I don't know how we are going to survive if we break the record. I mean that guy who survived for 4 days without any of his team mates? I heard he killed anyone he saw until Slate finally murdered him." Arch speculated. All of this information was given to him by his rodian friend Jak Friday back at CBLE.

"Oh well. We have two jedi on our side. Maybe that tips the balance?" Vries said in a joking manor. However Drossk hissed at them as they saw the Cantina.

The cantina was a dark place. It had it's usual music of course. Though without dancers or Bith musicians the Cantina hardly stood out compared to the larger more crowded cantinas in Coronet. However this made it a great place for the three of them. Less sober humans to yell out their names.

Arch watched as Drossk and Vries went over to different parts of the cantina. Arch shrugged and walked over to the Bartending counter.

The bartender was a thin Bith focusing on a large pyramid he was creating made of glasses. He was just about to place the top glass when Arch came by

"You serve Lomin Ale?" Arch asked the Bith as he was concentrating.

"Best on Coronet. Not very many non-humans order it however." The Bith said as he balanced the glass.

"Right... give me your best Lomin Ale then. Don't feed it through an auto mixer please." The Bith quickly ammased a glass from the pyramid. He threw it up in the air with his right hand and caught it with his left. Then he placed several bottles of alocohol were brought up on the counter as the Bith carefully measured each portion and then finally finished. A lomin ale was pushed towards Arch as he dropped a few credits on the counter.

"Ah a paying customer. It's lucky that I didn't douse your drink then. I could have though, since I would need that 1000 credits." The Bith spoke with an almost human accent. Though he could still hear a Bith language behind it. Arch turned around and saw no one else heard him.

"So you know then?" Arch asked him. He nodded and continued to build his pyramid. Arch took a sip from his glass and sat at the counter.

"So why not turn me in? Couldn't you use the credits as you said?" Arch asked him. The Bith shrugged as he concentrated.

"I don't know. I mean your easy to spot as I have never seen a Kaminoan in Coronet wearing a trench coat. But I personally have no facination with credits. I never buy expensive things and only live off the bare necessities. So I don't really need credits." Arch recalled what Killian said before. About sticking to people who didn't need money.

"Well that's good. So why work as a Bartender? Why not as a musician?" Arch asked him sipping some more from the drink. The stinging taste of alchol was ever presant.

"Well my life parter owned this Cantina. I was to have a child with her until she died. So I decided to work here as a bartender as homage to her." Something was odd about the Bith. He didn't sound sad when he said it.

"So I heard you were a detective. Ever kill anybody?" Arch nodded quickly.

"Mostly everyone I have killed had it coming to them."

"Huh. Never thought about that. My name is Lumiere. I make the best ale on Coronet." Arch exchanged a glance with him and said "Arch. But you already know that."

Suddenly Arch heard a loud thrashing sound behind him. He saw Vries punching a large Gammoreanian wielding a large battleaxe. Arch vaguely recalled Bravil for a second. Though this Gammoreanian was much smaller then Bravil and his axe wasn't as large. He was constantly saying "1000 credits"

Arch aimed his blaster and fired at the Gammoreanian. Killing him instantly with a head shot. He blew off the smoke rising from the gun and downed the rest of his drink. He walked over to Vries.

"Maybe i'll see you again then Arch. I hope you did enjoy my drink." Lumiere called after him. Arch nodded and placed his gun into his coat pocket.

"Come on Vries. Lets get out of here." The Rodian nodded. Motioning to Drossk. They quickly ran out of the Cantina.

Minus 72 and COUNTING...

Armageddon, let the light in

Before we say goodbye give us something to believe in

Armageddon, we're not begging

For too much I don't think

Just need a goodbye kiss

Before we sink

Armageddon - Alkaline Trio

Arch was surprised at how inefficiant the Hunters must have been. But he found himself waking up on day six easily and well.

Sure they still mailed the tapes to the courier easily. But Urban Death lately didn't speak about the Hunters tracing leads to Coronet. It mostly talked about the histories of Team Hornet and Team Hunter. Arch found it dreadfully dull. But noticed that they didn't speak about Vries at all.

Strangely enough Arch found that Reaver had a life of his own. Reaver would always walk out of the apartment at the early hour of 7 AM and return at 10 PM. Arch found it curious that this beast that he considered nothing more then a pet, actually did something other then sit around lazily like most beasts he read about before.

Duan would speak to Meleena all the time in her room. Yossk would speak with Drossk and Vries in his room. Dar-Resh would silently meditate in his room. Drustale Arms would be found ontop of the Alpha building holding a rifle. He would talk about security issues he had. The only one Arch found facinating was Guan Kleg.

Guan Kleg never left her room. Though this wasn't the thing that puzzled Arch. The thing that puzzled Arch was that her food dispenser was never touched. Her room was the closest to Arch's and he could easily see into her apartment to see that the Food Dispenser was never turned on. It was as if she didn't eat or rest at all

Arch pondered on such questions as he tinkered around with his lightsaber. His lightsaber itself felt so farmiliar and lightweight to him. After several minutes he found he could levitate his lightsaber just by thinking it and willing it. It was nice and playful to levitate his now switched on lightsaber around a room.

Arch also spent most of the days tinkering with his weapons. Especially his E11 which he found strangely built. He took it's scope off and tinkered with the blaster rifle until he heard a strange clicking noise. It came from Guan-Kleg's appartment.

Arch didn't understand the clicking noise. It was strange and haphazard. It came from Guan Kleg's room.

Arch quickly reassembled his E11 and strapped it to his back. Then placed his lightsaber in his coat pocket and held his pistol. Then he walked out of the apartment. The night air was catching in his throat. It rained all the previous day.

Arch saw that Guan Kleg's room was open. But strangely enough he couldn't sense any force inside the room. Something was strange about it. Arch noticed that the door was open.

He slowly shifted himself inside. His gun already out. Guan Kleg was sitting on the bed. However Arch couldn't sense any force from her.

"Guan Kleg" Arch said keeping his hand on his weapon. Arch was shocked to see Guan Kleg turn around. Aiming a blaster at him. Without warning Arch barely managed to dodge a large blast aimed at his head.

"What the hell?" Arch exclaimed. He dropped his pistol in surprise. Instantly he took his E11 in his hands and aimed at Guan Kleg.

"What is going on here?" Arch said. However Guan Kleg continued to fire at him. Most of the shots were very precise and Arch found he barely had enough time to dodge them. Arch quickly took aim and fired at Guan Kleg. Hitting her directly in the head.

"What has gotten into you?" Arch asked walking over to Guan Kleg. Guan Kleg was tipped over. However what freaked him out the most was not how she was positioned. But what her face looked like.

Guan Kleg's duros skin was melted off. Revealing a robotic head behind it. Arch was both horrified and disgusted. Guan Kleg stood up to Arch's level.

"Who are you? What are you?" Arch asked still keeping his hand on his blaster.

"I didn't expect you to find out until much later. Oh well, I'll take your corpse and shove it down their throats." Arch backed up slightly as the droid masquerading as Guan Kleg reached for it's blaster. Arch quickly thought for an easy way to disable the droid. Then a freak idea came to mind. Arch reached for the thermal detonator that was in the safety deposit box.

Arch threw the thermal detonator at the droid. It missed and landed directly behind it. Arch only had a split second to dive backwards before it detonated.

Minus 71 and COUNTING...

"They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger. And then it was all over. The storm seemed to lose its frenzy. The ragged clouds gave way to the stars above. A bit closer to Heaven."

Max Payne - Ending Narration

Arch coughed as he poked his head up from the large rubble the building was in. The thermal detonator had exploded and took the food dispensor in the blast.

Guan Kleg's part of the Alpha building was almost entirely now destroyed, leaving large amounts of rubble in a lot. Arch shook his head and stood up. Noticing a large amount of dust now on him.

He could hear a short circuiting somewhere near him. He slowly dug through the rubble where he heard scuffling behind him.

"Arch. What the hell happened." He heard Vries say behind him. He spun around quickly.

"I had a disagreement with someone." He responded.

"Yeah? But when I have a disagreement with someone I usually just spread a rumor about them or something. I don't blow up Guan Kleg's apartment out of anger. What happened here?" Vries stuttered slowly. Arch continued to dig through the rubble until he found the remains of what attacked him

All that was left was a droid. Guan Kleg's disguise had burned away completely revealing a mechanical exo-skeleton. Arch noticed how small the droid's head was compared to his body. Almost like a human head.

Arch picked up the now deactivated droid and dragged it's remains towards his building. The droid's left leg was completely destroyed along with both of it's arms. Soon everyone was around Arch.

"Guan Kleg is apparently dead. I guess. I found this droid in some sort of disguise as her. He was in her apartment and fired upon me. I hesitated and threw a thermal detonator at the droid which exploded and destroyed the building." He slowly finished. Everyone finally understood and could deal with whoever came for the blast.

Arch dragged the droid into his apartment and closed the door. Then set him up near his food processor.

"Alrighty then." He said slowly. He took his datapad out. The one with the picture of himself and Dar-Resh on it. He slowly plugged it into the droid's head.

"Lets see who you are then." Arch mumbled slowly. He waited for the droid to boot up to half power to see who he was. The datapad flickered slightly, revealing an identity.

"8t88

Tiss'sharian creation, administrative sector"

"So what? You were some sort of protocol droid? Ive never heard of a protocol droid who was trained to kill." Arch whispered laughing. Reaver came over to 8t88 and sniffed the droid slightly. Then picked up his tail and walked over to the side of the room.

Arch spent the next hour or so reprogramming much of the droid's memory core. Apparently he came to try and take a bounty on Arch's head. Finding he could infultrate the place earlier by masquerading as an organic being and murdering them all one by one. However he didn't get a chance to do it properly.

Much of his behavior core and robotic personality was damaged in the blast. Arch quickly programmed his own identity into the droid and reenabled him.

The droid rose up from it's temporal sleep. It looked around and them at Arch. Noticing it's arms were completely gone.

"Ah. My target has taken me hostage. Pray tell what happens here now." The droid spoke with a strange accent. It was very humanised.

"Ah. Well let me put this in ways you will understand 8t88. I now own you. You work for me." Arch said coldly to him.

The droid did a laughing motion and looked at him in a sarcastic manor. "You really don't believe your serious do you? An assasin droid comes and attempts to kill you, then you welcome him into your home? You must have trust issues." Arch got angry.

Arch grabbed the droid by the head. Noticing it was badly reapplied to the body. "Listen to me. I can dismantel you now and replace you with a new behavioral core. Making you into a protocol droid who's vengeance to kill is replaced with complimenting male aliens in a cantina. Or I can simply repair all of your major systems. Like it or not you cannot kill me." Arch snarled at the droid in an angry state.

"Oh and why not?" The droid make a strange head moving animation

"Because I already programmed my identity into your memory and prime functions. Now you can't will yourself to kill me. So stop working against this droid because it is happening wether you like it or not while I reprogram your prime functions." The droid made something of a sigh expression. Arch didn't know that droids could make programmed noises.

"Well it appears that I do not have a choice." 88 said slowly. Then he deactivated himself. Arch smirked slightly and reached for his hydrospanner. Though noticing he would need spare parts. He stood up and walked over to Reaver.

"Keep him here." He said to the beast. As if he understood he looked into his eyes deeply. Arch nodded and walked out of the apartment

Vries had managed to drive off mostly everyone who had come to observe what happened. Arch walked over to a now tired Vries.

"Hey. I am going to go to the nearest spare parts store. Wanna come?" Vries shrugged. But he eventually caved. Arch walked back down the way to the Cantina. Towards a spare parts store.

Now bear in mind it was the dead of night. But most places such as this were open in such case. Arch slowly walked into the large spare parts store. Towards the empty counter.

"Hello? Service." Arch said rather loudly. Suddenly a farmiliar face popped up from the counter. It was the bith bartender from before. Arch was even more surprised then before

"Ah hello again Arch." Lumiere said cheerfully. Arch laughed slightly with Vries towards the Bith.

"Alright. So Lumiere. I am not even going to ask why you work at both the Cantina and a parts store. I just need a few parts I have on this datapad." Arch said holding the datapad he hooked up to 88. He ran over a list of parts that 88 needed by using the datapad.

Pretty soon Lumiere fetched his parts from all over. Then a small pile appeared infront of the counter. Arch ran his hands over the smaller more technical parts before looking at the other different ones.

Arch paid for his parts and said goodbye to Lumiere. Vries looked curiously at the parts Arch bought.

"Arch what are you doing with those anyway?" he asked. Arch shrugged slightly.

"I dunno myself. Maybe I want to see how a thermal detonator can fix a droid." Arch remarked. They all walked back to the Alpha building. Arch set to start fixing 88

When I was first drafting this fanfic out I had 10 Team Hornet members completely made up of EU characters. However as I continued drafting it out I realised that if I killed them off I would be voiding cannon. 88 is the only character besides Balderek that I wanted to keep.

Minus 70 and COUNTING...

In touch with the ground

Im on the hunt Im after you

Smell like I sound, Im lost in a crowd

And Im hungry like the wolf

Hungry like the wolf - Duran Duran

By the time the next morning came up Arch was already finished on 88. Several parts he had to replace while some he had to fix himself

Arch had to manually replace most of 8t88's personality by hand. It took most of the night to reprogram his entire behavioral core. Much of 8t88's personality revolved around loathing everything around him. It took very much hardcoding to remove several things Arch disliked about 8t88's personality and finally he finished. No longer dependant on buying other gangsters to do his dirty work 88 now functioned on his own. Arch replaced 88's loathing of humans to a detesment of humans and kept his own identity hardcoded into his core. So he wouldn't get 88 trying to kill him in his sleep.

Finally he booted 8t88 properly. The droid's eyes soon lit up and spun around several times.

"Ah the target has been compassionate enough to repair and reactivate his assasin. A very foolish mistake." Arch scoffed at his overestimation.

"Listen to me you cowardly, humanity hating piece of junk. I don't like you, and you sure as hell don't like me. But I am in need of your services and you need a reason for me to not blow your head off with this blaster I am holding. You have a hobsons choice now. Either you pleasantly work for me, or I replace your brain with a cheap protocol droid's and reprogram it. It's your choice 8t88." 8t88's head swivvled several times, them moved his arms and legs.

"It appears you replaced my arms. Very courtious of you. Thankfully you are not a human or I would... as you organics do. Vomit."

"Sarcasm? I never thought an emotionless scrap of metal was capable of emotion." Arch said in a sarcastic tone.

"and? I never thought a Kaminoan who I clearly background checked would both disable me and foolishly ask his assassin for help."

"So what's your choice 88? Come on my trigger finger is itch." Arch said with his thumb on his hammer.

"Fine then. "Master"" 88 said with a grimacing tone.

"Alright then." Arch motioned to Reaver with a look. Reaver understood instantly. Arch was finding it strange how easily he was able to communicate with the animal. He still considered it a loyal, yet wild beast.

"Now I am going out. 88 you have to stay here." Arch quickly put his coat on and locked the door behind him.

Drustale Arms was out now. Pacing around the Alpha building with a carbine out in his hands.

"Man. I just want to kill something right now." Arms said irritably as Arch walked over to him.

"Hey take it easy Drustale. Your going to draw unnecessary attention to this building if you fire your weapon. Just take it easy for a few seconds. I'm going to grab a drink at the Cantina around here. I know the bartender." Arch said calmly to him. He recalled Lumiere for a second.

"Alright already. You wanna wake Vries or Drossk?" Arms asked him. Arch responded by shaking his head.

"Why bother? They are just going to say no. Lets go already." Drustale Arms gave him a cheerful expression with his goatee'ed face and holstered his carbine on his back. Arch still had his blaster with him.

The walk to the Cantina seemed to take less time then before. But it was probably because Arch was used to walking that way. He was still surprised that Slate didn't send a Hunter after them. He was almost positive that 8t88 was sent by Slate.

"So how are you liking Coronet?" Arms asked him while they were walking.

"I dunno. It's a lot like Coruscant of course. It's quant in that way that I can go into a bar and not get shot. At least here no one recognises you because their to busy with their own problems. There are to many aliens that look alike."

The Cantina was as dark as previously. Arch wasn't surprised to see Lumiere now trying for a different shape with his glasses. Now he was attempting to stack them into a straight line.

"Yo Lumiere. Do you know of anyone underground who can help us survive more then 8 days out here?" Arch asked the Bith. However he shrugged.

"No one comes to mind... no wait. I think I know someone." He said pondering. He placed his glass on the table slowly.

"There is this Chiss by the name of Frotenesque. He dwells in some secret hideout in a warehouse on the outskirts of Coronet. He has one of the biggest underground operations on Corellia." He said closely to Arch.

"Really? Why would he help us?" Arch asked him questioningly.

"Well first off he has always opposed the Returner Organisation. Since Urban Death is completely funded by the Returner organisation turning you in would only bring him misery. If you stay alive then Urban Death would eventually cease to exist and the Returner organisation would recieve bad publicity." Arch shrugged. It was a good enough excuse.

"Alright. How do we find this Frotenesque? Where is his warehouse?" Arch asked curiously.

"That's easy. Ask your assassin droid. He knows." Arch gave him a questioning expression. However deciding he would not get any info from him.

After they recieved and paid for drinks Arch and Drustale Arms walked back to the Alpha building. Arms resumed his patrol around the building while Arch went to 8t88.

"88 do you know of a Chiss named Frotenesque?" Arch asked him as soon as he got in. 88 was sitting on a chair infront of a table.

"I believe so... master." 88 said the last word with a very large hint of regret. "But first master I must direct you to something that I have." 88 said. Arch sat down on the bed.

88 reached into his frame and pulled out a small box Arch didn't recognise when he was repairing him. It seemed to be completely hidden and wasn't damaged by the blast.

"Inside this box is something called the Tramguise. The Tramguise is a very highly advanced prototype. I stole it off of a previous target I aquired from my previous line of work. It apparently has such a high value that I could sell it and never need to do bounty hunting ever again."

"Why didn't you?" Arch asked questioningly.

"Oh please. I could never get over killing human organics. Now back to the device. The Tramguise allows the wearer to scan a piece of DNA. They wait 1 hour for the DNA to synthesis with the wearer's. Then it is contained on a CPU that exists in the device. The wearer is allowed to physically transform into the DNA that the device synthesised with. Unlike flimsy apparations such as the Holoshroud. This device more or less doesn't use a hologram and mearly overrites the DNA of the wearer. The Wearer is then able to morph back at any time to his previous DNA." 8t88 opened his box. Inside the box was a small watch like device. Arch reached for the device and fastened it onto his left arm.

"Handy" Arch said instantly ignoring it. He doubted he would need a disguise any time soon however. As almost everything that came at him he killed.

"Why don't you use it?" Arch asked 88.

"It doesn't work on non-organics unfortunatly since we do not have DNA. However you are free to try it master. The device also replicate's what the bearer of the DNA was wearing as well. More or less like a portrait. So you do not have to worry about buying a new wardrobe." Arch shrugged and got up.

"Alright so are you going to take me to see this Chiss or not?" Arch asked him. 88 got up and lead him out of the apartment. Arch closely followed. As Arch walked out he saw Duan outside.

"Hey Arch where are you going?" Duan asked him curiously. Arch pointed to 88.

"Um this guy is going to lead me to someone who can help us."

"Mind if I tag along?" Duan asked. Arch shrugged slightly. Duan placed on a happy expression and followed Arch.

~~~Meanwhile~~~

Slate now stood ontop of the bridge of the Returner headquarters. The headquarters was now orbiting Rusaan.

Seeker walked over to Slate. Slate was closly overseeing the Valley of the Jedi.

"Master Slate? The Head asks what progress you have gotten on Arch." Slate asked him. Seeker was still scared to death of Slate

"Tell him I have Arch exactly where I want him on Coronet." Slate responded in his usual gruff voice.

"Please forgive me Master Slate. But where is Black Widow?" Seeker asked him kneeling now.

"Black Widow has failed us. She has dishonored our reputation on Korriban by letting Arch escape. I have let her know about her exile from us." Slate continued.

Seeker nodded. "Yes Master. How do you wish for us to hunt for Team Hornet?"

"After talking with the Head please round up Aquatos. He might be interested in something I have to tell him. Then go to Coronet." Seeker nodded and walked out of the bridge.

I spent most of the past few days watching movies. I especially liked Snakes on a Plane and Pulp Fiction. These both gave me many different ideas for characters and chapters.

Minus 69 and COUNTING...

It's time to fly,

to make the skies align

with the serpentine

lounging in their suits and ties.

Watch the horse parade

for the price of fame, hey

Snakes on a plane (Bring it) - Cobra Starship

88 seemed to know the streets and alleyways of Coronet like he had been walking down them for years. He instantly knew all the shortcuts and all the nooks with crannys that you could walk through

88 soon found his way to a much more urban district. Arch even felt a slight decrease in temperature as he walked.

88's clanking sound could easily be heard by Arch. The clanking sound itself felt annoying, yet at the same time refreshing. This combination of feelings felt deadly for hearing.

Eventually 88 stopped at a large alleyway. The building ahead was small, but seemed to connect with several other larger buildings nearby. Arch was astonded at how big it must have been inside.

"In here. I believe that the Chiss Frotenesque is here." Duan grabbed hold of Arch's right arm.

"Hey Arch. Are you sure this guy can help us?" Duan sounded slightly scared. Arch felt a bought of courage acting up.

"Let's go in and check it out." Arch responded. He opened the door to the warehouse. Even though he had to duck to walk in the ceiling sufficed for height. The entire warehouse was hugely empty. However there were still several dozen people walking around. With several boxes and other such things laying everywhere. Even in corners there appeared to be things going on. Arch lead Duan and 88 to the end of the warehouse.

The end of the warehouse had a large extravegant door with two guards outside. One was a short human and was clean shaven. However the other was a strange avian species Arch didn't recognise. She was apparently female as her stance and shape left nothing to the imagination. Strangely enough her clothing looked as if she had something to hide. Her head was sloped downwards showing a beak.

"Halt. No one visit's Fortenesque unless summoned. Who are you?"

"Arch. I come bearing an assassin droid named 8t88 and one of my companions, a Selkath named Duan." The human walked over to a console by the door while Arch noticed the avian eyeing him.

"Yeah. Some Kaminoan here with a droid named 8t88.... Alright I understand." The door opened. Apparently allowing their entry.

The door lead into a much smaller room. It looked like more or less a large office. It held a desk at the far end of the room with a large chair behind it. There were large windows around in different places. Though this room did remind him of Killian's office on the Returner headquarters. It was far less extravagent.

"Ah so the legend of Urban Death is here in my office." The chiss behind the desk said. He wore a goatee that was dark blue in contrast to his black hair. His cheeks were very high as his jaw was very low.

"You seem to know 8t88. Who are you?" Arch asked the Chiss from across the room.

"All in due time. Long story short I need your help and you need mine. I need some men who can survive a blaster wound and you need help from the hunters who are now orbiting Corellia."

"Orbiting Corellia? They don't mention that on the holonet." Arch said surprised.

"Oh they didn't explain what happened to their team mate Black Widow either. It just appears like she disappeared. But enough about Urban Death." Suddenly he pressed a button on his desk.

"Genie. Get in here... I think it is time to show our Kaminoan friend what my influence can bring him." Suddenly the door behind them opened.

The avian guard from before walked into the room. Curiously again eyeing Arch and then walking over to the desk.

"This is Genie. Before you ask, no that is not her real name. She is a Calibop from Coruscant and developed a code name. She is going with you Arch on this little errand I need you to do." He said while moving his hand towards the avian bird.

"Wait Errand? What are you talking about?" Arch retorted.

"Oh I forgot to make it clear. Here it is. I can help you in such a way that Slate will never be able to find you even if you were standing right next to him. All I need you to do is go alone with Genie to stop a little disagreement I have. Afterwards then I will tell you more." The offer sounded legitimate and reasonable. Arch turned towards both Duan and 88.

"Alright. 88 go back to where Reaver is and lock the door. Duan go find Vries and tell him to come back here. I will be back to speak to him later." Duan seemed rather hesitant but nodded and walked out of the office with 88.

"Alright. So you mind filling me in?" Arch asked the both of them.

"Okay then Arch." Frotenesque said. He pressed a button on his desk. Instantly a hologram appeared in the middle of the office.

"Now I have a very major problem with a rival gang. It is being lead by Goovanonga the Hutt. A newer crime lord in Coronet. Now his gang fortress only has one opening. The front door. So I want you and Genie here to go to the Clam's head Cantina and enter the gang's fortress. Once there kill the Hutt and end this vendetta." He finally finished showing a map of the Clam's head.

Genie walked towards Arch. Apparently marveling something about him. Arch shrugged. Then suddenly he felt something. It was a shiver in the force. It was weak but it felt like something different then before. Like something of pure insanity in the force.

"Alright then." Arch turned to Genie. "So when do we go?"

"Oh I should think as soon as possible. I mean floops are one thing. But being late is another." She said in a strange tone. Arch replayed her sentance in his head and didn't understand if it made sense or not.

"Ookay then. Let's go." Arch said. Genie lead the way out of the office.

#6 in songs I based the fic off of

Act 4: The Shadow of courage

Minus 68 and COUNTING...

I'm looking for me

You're looking for you

We're looking in at each other

And we don't know what to do

The Seeker - The Who

Genie walked in a certain way. It was oddly familiar yet stimulating to Arch's senses. Strangely enough Genie reminded him of his fiance, Du'karn. Wether he was attracted to the avian Calibop or she was transmitting some sort of pherimone he didn't know. What he did know was that Genie was insane.

While they chatted Genie spoke about pink bits of fluff she saw while on Coronet. She continuously spoke about how it was annoying when she had to clean it out of her feathers. She would also talk constantly about how most of the people she knew only watched Urban Death.

"You should see them. The people that are part of Frotenesque's gang are completely hooked on it. They bet mostly on Seeker and.. you." She said slowly at the end.

"Me? I get bet on?" Arch asked curiously. He didn't check the bets in a while

"Yeah. Everyone on forums there talk about how they expect Seeker is going to kill you. While everyone else talks about how your going to go the whole month, since your the first Hornet to kill more then 2 Hunters." She said with a happy expression.

"Uh yeah. I did have help though."

They continued walking until they made it to the Clam's Head Cantina. The Cantina itself was ajoined to a large circular building that went through the depths of Coronet. There was only one patron outsde the bar. Leaning on railing. The patron was a human sporting long sideburns. He threw a leftover deathstick over the railing.

The Human walked down their way without looking up. He casually bumped into Genie and kept walking. Genie gave Arch a shocked look and ran up to the man.

"Exuse me. But I think that I owe you something." She snarled at the man

Instantly before the man could react Genie pulled out what looked like a blaster. She shot the man point blank in the head.

"Holy ****!" Arch yelled out loud. She blew gently on her blaster and placed it into her pocket.

"Why did you do that?" Arch said to her. Genie shrugged slightly.

"He didn't apologise. I don't care." This was where all of Arch's first impressions of Genie disappeared. Now he knew that she was insane.

They walked into the clam's head. Unlike Lumiere's cantina this one was much, much larger and more populated. There were dozens of patrons everywhere. Sitting at the counter, in chairs, watching the Twi-Lek slave dancers. The music was stingingly unoriginal from the bith musicians. At least here he didn't recognise Lumiere

"I am going to get a drink of blue milk. You look around for something that appears to be an entrance." She said to him. Arch noticed that it sounded like an order rather then a request. He simply nodded and looked around as the Calibop went to the bar.

Arch scanned the area. Most of the bar sloped upwards to what looked like a VIP area. Here he saw several men wearing very formal clothing. However the entire bar sloped upwards except for one area. There was a tiny ramp that lead to a small door. This door was guarded by a Rodian and a Ugnaut.

Arch motioned to Genie towards the door. He walked towards it.

"No guests allowed" The Rodian said in Rodianese.

"If you don't let me in here you die." Arch snarled at the Rodian

"No." The Rodian said. Apparently not threatened.

"Then I guess you die." Arch reached for his lightsaber

Minus 67 and COUNTING...

And the man at the back said

Everyone attack and it turned into a ballroom blitz

And the girl in the corner said

Boy, I wanna warn ya, it'll turn into a ballroom blitz

Ballroom Blitz - Sweet

The lightsaber in Arch's hand instantly ignited. The Rodian could barely saw out a gittering word before he soon saw a blue lightsaber thrust into his torso. The last thing he could see was a lightsaber coming towards his head as Arch cut it in half.

Arch sawed down the Ugnaut before he could reach for his blaster. He motioned towards Genie who then looked at the armed guards posted around the cantina.

Arch dived towards a nearby table and upturned it as several dozen lazers were fired to him. Arch quickly took his blaster pistol out and fired at 2 of the men. One missed while one shot hit the man in the leg.

"Have a nice death!" Arch shouted out angrily

Arch dived from the table into the counter. How he managed to jump that high he didn't know. He looked towards the nearest guard with the lightsaber in his hand. Then an idea came to him. He threw his lightsaber directly at the guard. The lightsaber clawed into his torso and killed him. Arch summoned the force and soon found the lightsaber coming back to him.

"Huh telekenisis." Arch heard scuffling behind him and soon found Genie landed right beside him.

"Having fun?" Genie asked him curiously. Arch shrugged and waited. Then he stood up. He slid out of the bar counter and charged towards another guard. Cutting him in half.

As he charged for the next guard he noticed that Genie already fired upon him. Arch turned around to see that the only people left were the scared patrons.

"Alright. Genie. Lets go already." Arch motioned towards the door and ran through it.

~~~meanwhile~~~

Darth Reliques silently stood inside the security room. Watching the footage of Arch and Genie walking into the secret area of the Cantina.

"Sir. How do we deal with them?" A gran asked as he walked over to REliques

"Leave them to me." He said slowly. A lightsaber was in his hand

~~~meanwhile~~~

The secret area the cantina lead to was a hallway that spiraled down the large circular building. Arch motioned to Genie for them to walk.

"So Genie. Your from Coruscant?" He asked her while walking

"Yes. Though it seems different then I remember. My mother had obsessive compulsive disorder and my father had quite the opposite. You could say I am the inbetween."

"Oh you mean a normal person?" Arch asked her laughing.

"You could say that."

"So what did this hutt guy do exactly?" Arch asked her

"He intercepted a major delivery of death sticks and credits. Once we are done here Frotenesque wants me to blow this building up." She responded holding a detonation pack

"Blow it up? Doesn't that seem a bit... extreme?" He said looking at the det pack

"It might. I am going to attach it to a fusion reactor at the bottom of the building. Once done it should blow and collapse the foundations of the building." Arch shrugged slight as they continued to walk.

"So what does floops mean?" Arch asked curiously. That was still a word he wanted to understand

"Floops is a word I make up. Such as crackerjacks or dongle. Its like me saying your a dongle Arch and there is someone behind you." Arch spun around with his pistol ready. Only to notice no one was there.

"You are a psycho." He responded. Genie simply shrugged as they continued moving.

The spiraling hallway eventually stopped at a large door. This door reminded him of the entrance to the warehouse that held Frotenesque. As he opened it he caught a small room inside.

Goovanonga the hutt sat there on his levitator pad. Arch truly disliked the Hutt species. They were fat slug cowards that would only wait for other beings to do their own dirty work. The whole hermaphrodite species would send shivers down his spine. There was a door that lead to a smaller hallway down bellow.

"Arch you take care of this hutt. I am going to see how easily I can blow this bulding up." Arch shook his head slightly and took out his blaster pistol

"Wait. If you do not kill me, I can help you." The hutt said in Huttease. Huttese was another language Arch could understand but not speak

"Sorry. But this is how it ends." Suddenly Arch felt a familiar fluctuation in the force. He had only a split second to duck before a lightsaber went for his head. It was blood red.

"Who are you?" He asked to the bearer of the lightsaber. He wore a strange form of armored torso and dark blue baggy pants. His head was completely bald.

"Death." He responded. "I hate alien species, now you die." Arch ignited his own lightsaber

"I'll enjoy gutting you." He responded as he parried his attack. A shower of sparks appeared between them.

I have to say that I was hesitant to try and read what you have created. I'm used to having at least one familiar character to build off, but this story... it's very different from every other one I've seen on this forum.

I haven't read all the story you have so far, but the minus numbers that preceed the chapter titles are a different concept from what I would ever try and attempt. What exactly motivated you to do that for your fic? That seems to define exactly how long the fiction will be before you've really started and know when it's going to end.

That may have been your intent, but how did you decide to do that?

Great fifteen chapters I've gone through. Will keep reading.

I am surprised how many good reviews I have gotten in recent days for this fic. I am delighted

The Minus ++ and COUNTING... idea is from the Stephen King book THE RUNNING MAN. Which was the prime idea I based this fic off of. I decided to choose 3 main plot twists that would alter the story line in some way and decided that 100 chapters would be more then enough. Then I got several more ideas for chapters along the way that fit into it like lego blocks. Urban Death was a different concept then what I previously tried. I took many ideas that I had from other fanfics I read that were not star wars and especially other movies that were non-sci fi. Then I reformatted their themes and ideas for this fic. Along the way I got several miniature ideas that I thought I could use for chapters.

I again failed to mention. But the 100 chapters is not going to be the absolute end of this fic. This fic is going to have 3 endings and then finally an epilogue at the end. Meaning technically this fic is going to have 104 chapters

Also I noticed that I didn't post a chapter for two days previously. I am going to post another chapter in one day to suffice

Minus 66 and COUNTING...

Going for the back of beyond

Nothing gonna stop you

there's nothing that strong

So close now you're nearly at the brink

so, push it

Scarface (Push it to the limit) - Paul Engemann

The saber wielder would strangely enough get on the defence every time Arch charged his lightsaber for him. Eventually backing up to the side of the room.

"I am Darth Reliques. I was put into this galaxy by the force for one purpose. To remove every single alien from the face of the universe to preserve the human race. Now you are my first victim to the glory of the darkside"

"Was that supposed to make me angry?" Arch taunted him with his saber at the ready.

"Yes filthy alien. It was."

"Congratulations." He responded. Arch continued to charge for the bald sith lord. Strangely enough every time Reliques would parry his attack he would not attack back. Rather he would back up from his attack and continue to block until Arch left an opening available for him. He realised one thing, Reliques was very bad at using a lightsaber."

"You had better find some other way to kill me. Because your lightsaber skills suck." Arch taunted him laughing as he slashed at him again.

"Oh I have other ways." Suddenly Reliques did a backflip and stuck himself on a nearby wall. Then he outstretched his hand.

Dark lightning went from his palms. Arch felt a burning sensation mixed with hopelessness enter his body. The pain felt far to powerful for him to control.

Death is such a small impediment.

Anger poared from Arch's mind into his arms. He reached his arm out and attempted to pull Reliques from the wall. Instantly he fell from the wall and landed with a soft sound. His lightning had finally stopped.

"You had better regret doing that Reliques. Because I plan to make you live in pain for the rest of your short life." Arch poared anger into his slashes very similar to how he simulated the weight of a vibroblade into his lightsaber. Now he was preforming his slashes much stronger then before. Suddenly Reliques tried the same.

"Enough of this foolishness." He backed up behind the now cowering hutt. A red beam errupted from his right hand now. It enveloped Arch completely. Now he felt his engery from before depleating. As if his entire life force was draining from him.

Arch felt far to weak to function. However a small sliver entered his mind. As he could sense a blue aura appear around him. The energy from before returning as Reliques stopped his beam.

"What? How is this possible."

"Believe it Reliques. Understand now that the alien here is going to teach a lesson to a racist sith. A lesson in humility." Arch charged again fro Reliques. before he could lift his saber Arch cut off his right hand. Reliques screamed out in pain as Arch soon cut off his left one.

"Oh I'm not done with you yet." Arch grabbed Reliques by his armored torso and threw him into the corner.

"What are you going to do alien? Kill me?" Reliques spat through his bloodstained teeth. Arch shook his head and laughed.

"This coward Hutt is going to watch me have some fun with you." Arch said as he turned off his lightsaber. "Now your going to know what true pain really is."

1 hour later

Arch sat in the corner of the room waiting for Genie. Reliques was dead finally. He had several puncture wounds through his torso. A very large pool of blood was around him. His legs were around him as Arch beat him to death with his own legs. Torture had given him a new knickname

Genie finally walked up the pathway towards the room with the hutt. She eyed Reliques's body.

"Oh? What happened here?" She asked him curiously. Arch shrugged.

"I don't know. I taught this guy here a lesson not to underestimate me." Genie eyed the now heavily sweating Hutt.

"Why haven't you killed him yet?" Genie angrily asked him. Arch shrugged, killing the Hutt had slipped his mind.

"Well do it. I am going to the bar to see if anyone else is there." Arch nodded and waited for her to leave. He quickly took out his blaster pistol and aimed it at the Hutt.

"Wait. Wait. I can help you Kaminoan. Just please don't kill me. I'll do anything. I'll leave Corellia. I'll go to the Unknown Regions and live forever there. Just please don't kill me..." The hutt spoke his huttease with a very feverish accent now. He was scared and weak in Arch's preasance. Arch felt his aim falter. There was no glory in this, no feeling of pleasure from it. It was just him, the gun and the crook. His options had devolved into a linear course. True he had now cooled off from torturing Reliques but killing the Hutt may give him some feeling of satisfaction.

"Fine then." Arch finally said sighing as he withdrew his blaster pistol. "But this building is going to blow up anyway. So I doubt your going to make it out of here alive." The hutt gave him a look in his eyes like eternal forgiveness.

"Thank you Kaminoan. I will make sure that you are properly rewarded."

"Just get the hell off this planet even if you survive." Arch said angrily as he walked out of the room. Carefully stepping over Reliques's dripping corpse.

Arch walked back to the Cantina level to notice that the door was now closed. He carefully opened it, however a large object fell ontop of him as soon as he opened it.

Arch fell to the ground without noticing that it was a corpse. It was a twi-lek dancer with a blaster wound in her head. Genie must have shot her for a similiar reason as the man outside the cantina. Dark red blood oozed out of her wound and soon dripped all over him. Arch quickly threw the Twi-lek's corpse off of him and dusted himself off.

Arch walked back into the Cantina to see Genie sitting on the counter laughing at him. "I thought you would take forever to kill some fat slug. So I decided to play a little prank on you."

"Yeah really funny Genie. Now I have some dead *****'s blood on me." Arch responded sighing.

"Alright already. Lets get out of here. I took care of the cowering patrons." Genie said with her gun out.

"You killed an entire cantina full of cowering people? Why?"

"Well I went to the security room and found a dead Gran and the doors were locked. So I needed some way that I could shut these people up."

"Your a freaken psycho Genie. Lets just get out of here before you kill more innocent people." Arch said angrily. Genie shrugged and put a smiling expression on her face.

They both ran out of the Cantina while Genie detonated the explosive. They heard a small explosion, then a very large explosion in the depths of the building. Soon a very large inferning fireball blew out of the Cantina.

"Alright lets get back." Genie said cheerfully to Arch. Arch shrugged and walked back, still trying to get some of the Twi-lek's blood off of him.

Whew! I just read this whole thing in one sitting. (yes I'm an avid reader with a lot of time on his hands.) I like the whole CBLE idea, it reminds my of CCI from my fic.

Anyway, Arch's character developement has been good. He is sort of a cold jedi isn't he? Not a sith, but still quite ruthless at times. Then again, being forced on Urban Death would make me a bit testy too. :xp: This concept is very original. When I found out Urban Death was a game show I was like "huh?" But after reading more, I found that I like the idea very much. Genie has a few screws loose upstairs to be sure, but she is amusing in a strange sort of way. :D

Out of curiousity - do you post as you write? If so it is amazing how many chapters you can crank out. My only advice would be to add more description of the surroundings, though I understand, that dialogue and action are the focus of the story. Also, what were the party members reactions to Arch being a jedi? We did not see a whole lot of that. Most are criminal who would hate or fear the jedi, yet in this situation, Arch is on there side. Quite an unusual alliance. A bit about their feelings on Arch's jedi staus would be nice.

Overall, this is very good, and know that I intend all suggestions to be constructive, and that I can honestly say I enjoyed reading every chapter of this fic. Keep up the good work here!

~HOP

I apologise for how long it took to write this chapter. I had a very long anger fase after writing this chapter and I accidentally forgot to save my work as it was deleted. So I took a break to cope. So here is the slightly rushed version of 65

Minus 65 and COUNTING...

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too

You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through

So when you're waiting for the next attack

You'd better stand there's no turning back.

The Trooper - Iron Maiden

Genie and Arch made it back to the warehouse after finally blowing up the Cantina. Fatigue and rest were the only things on Arch's mind as of late. However he could at least recieve the help he wanted from Frotenesque

The office opened as Frotenesque gave him a very keen eye. It was strangely familiar of something else he felt.

"Ah Arch. Great job. You two Genie." He nodded towards Genie's presance.

"Yeah it was fine. So now will you help me?" Arch asked sitting down.

"Ah yes Arch. Anyway we have sent 4 of your tapes to remote locations and courier sent them to the Retuner Headquarters. Now they will take a while before they come back to Corellia." Arch nodded. It was a great plan.

"Alright. Thank you." He said to him.

"... and as a token of good faith I am giving you a presant." Frotenesque slid over a datapad. Arch took it and placed it into his coat pocket."

"That datapad contains launch codes to a used YT-1930. It is my personal gift to you for taking that Hutt out." Arch nodded to him. A good ship was a very good gesture.

"Thank you Frotenesque. I will make sure it is put to good use."

"Your very welcome Arch. My base of opperations is free for your use as of now. Feel free to stock up on anything you want. By the way your Rodian friend is outside waiting for you." Arch nodded and walked out of the office.

Vries had the usual talk with him. Just about how everyone was and how worried they were about him. Everything for once was alright.

~~~Meanwhile~~~

Seeker stood inside the interrigation room of the "Outcast". The Hutt Goovanonga sat there on his levitation pad. His skin cleved with dozens of wounds.

"For the last time. Where is Team Hornet." He snarled at the fat slug

"I DON'T KNOW! PLEASE STOP!" The Hutt screamed out in Huttease. This only made Seeker's helmet expression change to what appeared as a smirk. A large spear-like droid was cleving the Hutt's flesh apart

"Alright, alright. He is on Coronet, working for a chiissssss" A cleve went to his throat. Seeker jumped on the hutt's bloodied, sweaty body. Holding a pistol to his eye.

"What's the Chiss's name?" He asked him. The finger was already begining to pull

"Frotenesque" He responded in a scared way. Though fear was the last thing that went through his mind as he heard a loud "BLAM!"

Seeker had blown the Hutt's head apart. It now was hanging onto his body in two places. He blew on his pistol and gunslinged it into a holster. Then he flipped on his comlink.

"Slate. I know where Arch is. He is working for some Chiss crime lord..." He said into it, getting off the corpse.

"What? You knew?... Ah I see. He is leaving to his apartment now?... Good job Slate. Never would have thought of something like that." He said while tinkering with his torture devices.

"What do you mean you want me down there? You want me to film him dying? Well I recieved the weapon you sent me. Why can't I use a blaster?" He asked in a whining voice into the comlink.

"Alright alright. If you want to see him in pain so much i'll bring Painless. Seeker out." Seeker flipped off his comlink and left the interrigation room. Along the way he bumped into a Remnant officer.

"Clean that fat slug's corpse off the walls. I want to see my reflection in that room when I get back." The officer nodded and ran to a panel by the wall. Seeker walked over to his quarters. To get some rest, tommorow would be a big day

~~~the next day~~~

Arch awoke the next morning rather happy for himself. Much of the fatigue he had the previous day was gone and replaced with relaxation. He pondered continued sleep. But eventually decided it was enough.

He got up as he noticed 88 with a hydrospanner. Tuning his right arm apart and rebuilding it. Arch shrugged him off as he stepped over the now sleeping Reaver and walked out of the apartment. The good morning air of Coronet felt salty, but sweet at the same time to Arch's senses.

"Today is going to be a good day." He said to himself. The YT-1930 that Frotenesque gave them was now on a landing pad nearby. Arch could already see Drustale Arms working on it's outer hull. Arch noticed Duan's apartment and a cuious thought emerged. Seeing if Duan was awake.

Arch walked towards Duan's apartment and reached for the door switch. However something stopped him. It was shift in the force. As if something had instantly changed completely. He gulped as he opened the door, though nothing could have prepared him for what he saw

The entire apartment was ransacked. The window that provided the view to Coruscant was smashed in. However what made him gasp was the corpse on the bed. It was Duan, a vibrodagger sticking out of her torso.

Arch ran to Duan's corpse. But it was far to late. She was dead, she had been for several hours. There was a datapad by her body. Arch quickly looked over it's contents

"This is what happens to those who do not get the job done. We shall be waiting."

"Frotenesque"

~~~2 years before~~~

Arch meditated in his room on Yavin 4. The Jedi Praxium had been good to him for quite a while. Dar-Resh was still currently teaching him lightsaber stances and forms. Many of them were far to confusing for him to understand.

His lightsaber was levitating infront of him. Now levitating 1 meter above the ground. Instantly through the force he switched it on and then off. Though it was all subconciously. Then he heard a knock at the door.

Arch got up and walked to the door to see Dar-Resh standing there waiting. He let him in as he sat down.

"Listen Arch. Last night when you cut off Bradren's arm using Ataru scared all of us. He was just a learner and now is suffering from his pain in a pool of Bacta. I was just making sure you were here and were learning the error of your actions. Master Skywalker was quite upset about it." Arch shrugged as he grabbed hold of his lightsaber.

"I don't know what got hold of me. Suddenly I was dueling him using Shii-Cho. I remember losing to his stance and ability. But then I caught this smirk in his eye and suddenly shifted to a stance I never even understood. You never even taught me Ataru and there I was in a few seconds. My lightsaber still in my hand, Bradren's in his arm on the ground. I don't know, something came over me. I felt like I knew that form as if I had been practicing it for years." Arch said nervously to his master.

"Well don't worry about it. We all understand your apology and how it was only caused by a rush of emotion. You do remember Master Katarn's words don't you?" Arch nodded, recalling Kyle Katarn's words several days before

"Remember: abilities are not inherently good or evil, it's how you use them."

"Yeah. I remember." Arch said slowly.

"Well remember not to mention Potentium to any other jedi. Most jedi frown upon that theory. Anyway Luke has a mission he wants to discuss with you. It has something to do with a holonet show." Arch nodded and stood up. Holstering his lightsaber to his belt.

~~~The Presant~~~

"It was all insignifigant up to that point. I remember it so clearly. Duan's dead body, Frotenesque's sad taunt, the lightsaber in my hand, the blood rushing to my head. Suddenly I came to know emotion unlike all other. I came to know wrath, revenge, fury and blind ambition. I hungered for blood of the bastards that killed Duan. Duan was just a girl who I thought was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I knew my enemies face. It was burned into the back of my thoughts. My mind was empty save for one thought. I... would... KILL"

Arch stormed out of Duan's apartment building. The lightsaber already in his hand, the dark expression on his green eyes as he rushed over to Vries's room. He shouted into the door.

"VRIES! OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW! I AM GOING HUNTING AND I NEED YOUR HELP!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. Soon he woke Yossk and Drossk who all followed Arch to the spare parts shop run by Lumiere.

Arch rushed into the spare parts shop only to be greeted by the Bith. "Greetings Arch. Need any parts?" He asked him in a cheerfull way.

"No. I need a weapon and this place has some. I need something that I can kill a large group of people with." The Bith instantly took a large rifle from the bottom of his counter. Arch was surprised how fast it took.

"Here you go. This is an Imperial Heavy Repeater. Very easy to use and heavy splash damage." Arch nodded and grabbed the rifle. Then he brought 3 more weapons.

"Distrupter Rifle" He tossed two of them to both Yossk and Vries. "Rail Detonator" He tossed a large gun towards Drossk. The Trandoshan smirked at the mass appeal of the weapon.

"Now have fun out there." He nodded towards Arch who smirked at him.

Arch walked out of the parts store and turned towards the three of them.

"Vries, Yossk. You guys take up point around the warehouse. Drossk, your on crowd control with me. But Frotenesque is MINE!" He shouted the last word. "I want to cut out his little heart and feed it back to him. I want to make him suffer to his last breath." They all nodded and walked with Arch in the direction to the warehouse

~~Meanwhile~~~

Seeker looked out the window of his small fighter ship as he smirked in the direction of the warehouse. It was shakedown time

Arch is transforuming into a killing machine due to his friends' deaths. Duan's death was unexpected. I like this badass jedi idea, and wish that I had come earlier to this fic. Keep up your good work, but don't rush yourself. You have a devoted fanbase here, we will wait. :)

Yes, a few spelling errors but, whatever, we all knew what you meant. ;)

~HOP

Archived