Home

Bit Torrent Grim Fandango

Emily_Noir

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone has had really bad trouble when downloading a bit torrent file of Grim Fandango, I had to download it as I can't find Grim Fandango in any shops at all!

It keeps saying I need the discs but surely the game can run without the discs. Also I get down to the garage on year 1 and the game completely crashes. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

I understand Grim Fandango is difficult to get these days, but I know for a fact you can get it in the UK from a few places such as play.com as I did so myself a month ago. I recommend getting it from there to ensure you have a solid copy, and don't have problems like this.

Also, as we have affiliations with LucasArts we can't provide support for illegal copies of their games. As I said, I know it's hard to get the game these days and won't shout at you for downloading it, but we can't help you to get it working.

Still, that 15 bucks isn't going to the people who actually made the game, though if you play it on some type of network like gametap there might be a chance. Not to get into a discussion on piracy, but it pretty sucks when the copyright holders of a work don't bother to distribute it. I suppose there's some sort of analogue relating currency production to product production that'd argue against me, but I'm not going to bother. If only intellectual property was taxed like private property, LucasArts would free GF in a second.

Okay I understand you don't condone it but I can't find it anywhere. I'll check on play.com but the only other place is eBay and I don't use eBay. Grim Fandango may be avaliable widely in other countries but it's not here - I can't find it in any shops and I've been to pretty much every game shop that I can get to.

No problem. Don't worry, we know it can be difficult to find. :)

It's well worth getting a copy while you can, though. I have my original copy and a secondary copy (the one from play.com) just so I'll always have a hard version.

I've prompted LucasArts to look into digitial distribution. We might see it on something like Steam in the future, similarly to how games like Psychonauts can now be found there. It's a great way of keeping a release legally obtainable at a good price for those good souls who like to buy things and pay the developers their worth.

Archived