Home

Files associated with the Leviathan Malak fight

Alright, so I'm playing the Leviathan, and I get to the Malak fight. I fight him off the first time, go around through all the rooms to get to him, and fight him a second time. When I defeat him, though, it cuts to the dialog right before the Leviathan where Carth says something about Saul and you choose who you want to rescue you from the detention block. After that, I'm trapped in the room with Malak, and I can't talk to him.

What files would be associated with this?

Dude, your going to need to put alot more detail in that; what version of KotOR is it? (The latest update) and more importantly, what mods have you go installed as they are the most likely cause of the problem. If you have no mods installed the best suggestion is to play through again from an earlier save and see if the problem occurs again.

Ouch...Which mods do you have installed?

Beat you to it DDD :p

I have the 1.07 patch, so BoS is fully updated. I don't see how bastila.dlg could be responsible, since that's only Dantooine-related.

EDIT: A sudden burst of common sense solved the problem. All my idiot self had to do was delete the Carth dialog file from my override.

Hmmm, glad to hear you solved the problem, I'm no pro with the KotOR files (I only tend to mod TSL, however my thoughts were that Bastilia leaving the party could have caused problems, hence me wondering if the problem was to do with that.

Hmmm, glad to hear you solved the problem, I'm no pro with the KotOR files (I only tend to mod TSL, however my thoughts were that Bastilia leaving the party could have caused problems, hence me wondering if the problem was to do with that.

That's a sensible mistake. I'm just wondering why the fight linked to that Carth file. Seems pretty strange.

it happens because lev40_carth is a name shared by two dialog files. first one is the conversation that you have on the ebon hawk to choose who breaks you out of your cell, the second one is fired out of malak's user defined script when you beat him the second time on the leviathan. if you override either dialog, it will use the one in the override folder for both conversations.

one way to get around that is to hex-edit the user defined script for malak and change the part that refers to lev40_carth to something else - then make a copy of the lev40_carth dialog that's meant to fire there and rename it to whatever you hex-edited. not that you asked, but i figured it might be handy for anyone trying to mod that part of the game. :)

Archived