Home

[K1] A .2da question

ForeverNight

About a week ago or so SithSpecter demonstrated that through .2da editing it might be possible to raise the 'hard coded' level limit in the game... Well, I've been trying to do it with my version of KotOR and there is a .2da that I think is left over from NWN but I don't know.

xptable.2da is a 20 by 22 table that has the top labels read: label, level, and then c1-c20. Does anybody know what this 2D Array does?

If anybody can help, it would be greatly appreciated...

And, don't say that it can't be done.... It just might be....

xptable.2da is a 20 by 22 table that has the top labels read: label, level, and then c1-c20. Does anybody know what this 2D Array does?

It determines how much XP a player of a certain level would get from killing a monster of a certain challenge rating (in NWN at least).

About a week ago or so SithSpecter demonstrated that through .2da editing it might be possible to raise the 'hard coded' level limit in the game... Well, I've been trying to do it with my version of KotOR and there is a .2da that I think is left over from NWN but I don't know.

What Sithspecter is doing is the same thing that has been played with by numerous modders in the past under the assumption that they will be the one to break the hard-coded level limit. Yes you can tweak certain 2da files and the game will recognize and partially level you up but you are unable to get a full level up in process in K1 because of the hard coded elemenets. As of yet Sithspector has not released any mod for others that allows your character to exceed level 20 free and clear without glitches. The reason being as he is likely hitting a brick wall still thinking there is something he is missing and that if he keeps digging he'll find the secret key to get it all to work without "Hacking" the executable.

@Stoffe, thanks!

@Darkkender, Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to do it (It is my first time playing around with .2da's) but I figured, what the heck, just might work... or not.... I'm absolutely positive that people with loads more experience than me (Not that that is exactly hard to have) have tried this before... but one can dream, right?

@DX, yeah... who knows? Would be nice to play a game of KotOR and not be totally maxed out when facing Malak... and still get killed... many times...

Thanks again for your help!

Archived