Home

Help With An Edited Module

ForeverNight

Alright, yet another question!

I'm editing tar_m02ac for somebody in order to add a single placeable to it, like I've said before, I don't have much confidence in my scripting abilities... even though it looks more and more like that's what I'm going to have to do.

But, anyway... I've mapped it out using KotOR Tool's GUI Module Editor, then, not building the module, I open up Stoffe's ERF Editor and build the .mod file. I drag the file into my modules folder and then start up KotOR.

From my save game, which is on the Endar Spire (Just had to re-install the stupid game!), I type in warp tar_m02ac and pray. Well, it places me right in front of Zelka's shop and I walk to where the placeable is supposed to be and it's not there! (I even opened up the .git file in K-Gff to find it!)

I have no idea what's going on, the only thing I haven't tried yet is placing the placeable in the override folder... Which I'm probably going to do in the next 20 minutes. But, I was hoping that somebody here could give me a nudge in the right direction.

Before you ask, the only thing that I have added to the module is the placeable and its inventory. My version of KotOR is 1.03 (I have the patch installer in my My Documents I've used it so much!) and I think I have the most up to date version of KotOR Tool out there, considering I downloaded it about a month ago. And the computer I'm using has no internet connection... I think that's everything... Oh! And I made sure to grab the stuff that KotOR Tool doesn't extract for Module Editing and extracted it to the folder I'm using.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Archived