Home

Ridiculously Powerful Build?

Plant

Apologies if this has been done before, I've never really been a part of any KOTOR-related community before. Anyway, I'm playing K2 again and I'm just musing over the build I've gone with. It's a pretty obvious build anyway, but bear with me. I'll only leave the important bits in.

Class: Sentinel

Important Starting Attributes:

Dexterity: 14

Intelligence: 16

Crucial Feats:

Class Skill: Repair

Master Two Weapon Fighting

Master Flurry

Finesse: Lightsaber

Crucial Powers:

Master Speed

Dominate Mind

Okay. Firstly this allows keeping all skills (with the exclusion of stealth and demolitions, which are hardly necessary) at their maximums, except for two, which will be one point below maximum. So with regards to anything non-combat, this character pretty much masters it.

Then, there's the combat. This is where the interesting thing lies: I'm struggling, here, to see how being a Guardian (and thus losing out on a lot of the skills) would really give you much of an advantage in combat over this build. With a short saber in the offhand (or a zabrak vibroblade before sabers are available - for melee finesse), keeping Speed active and using Flurry on pretty much every attack gives you 5 attacks per round with no penalties and, with plenty of dex gear, sees you landing every strike and dodging most of the enemy's. Very few enemies are lasting a round, so where exactly does the Guardian's combat advantage come into play?

Furthermore, Master Heal allows returning the party to full health with a barely noticeable dent in FP (not that, with the addition of toughness and conditioning, it's ever needed). With Visas and a Jedi Handmaiden manually levelled to a similar build, minus the dex focus on handmaiden's part, this basically gives you an unstoppable fighting force with a built-in Swiss-Army knife of skills.

It seems to be ridiculously overpowered. I'm wondering if there are Consular/Guardian builds that are anything like as powerful?

Uh, thanks, but I wasn't actually looking for advice. I was pointing out that this build gives your character top-notch proficiency in all skills (except for the near-obsolete ones) and also makes him just as formidable in combat (in almost all situations) as a Guardian.

It seems to be ridiculously overpowered. I'm wondering if there are Consular/Guardian builds that are anything like as powerful?

It's not quite as detailed, but you can opt to take a bunch of ability-boosting buff powers that render your character's original stats irrelevant. Followed by, of course, a double-bladed saber that scores criticals every other hit (I forget the exact upgrades you need, but it's possible to get).

If you've been enough of a munchkin that hit the game's critical threat range cap (it's broken, but not broken enough to allow scoring criticals with every hit) master speed is the best power to use as it'll give you two extra attacks per round and, on average, another critical hit.

TBH the game is pretty easy to break regardless of the class you've picked. It's made even worse by all the overpowered loot you can pick up.

Uh, thanks, but I wasn't actually looking for advice. I was pointing out that this build gives your character top-notch proficiency in all skills (except for the near-obsolete ones) and also makes him just as formidable in combat (in almost all situations) as a Guardian.

Ooh. Okay then.

I think that the sentinel was overpowered in K2, but the Guardian and Councilor would rarely be 'stunned' by enemies. That almost nullifies the anti-paralysis advantage completely. The Skills of the Sentinel were great, but it made things too easy... I guess that would apply to any class.

Well, I've played with all 3 classes (both light and dark side), and the easiest one was the first time with the Guardian. The Consular was the most difficult one (not by much), and when I engaged someone in combat, my HP was dropping easily. At that time, I thought I had a bug... How foolish...:xp:

|I|

Archived