Home

Gmax installation error

irishladdy08

(if this is wrong forum sorry...couldnt find a forum here about gmax so mvoe please :) if incorrect) ok so i was interested in skinning etc so i downloaded every tool i needed no problem but i cant download Gmax :confused: i click setup>next>i agree>next ''error 1722.there is a problem with this windows installer package.a program run as part of setup did not finish as expected contact your personal or package vender'' now what do i do?

thanks

~irish

what is the offical site? i downloaded it from turbosquid also the link given here to auto desk or something...it seems the site isnt hosting the file any longer

Turbo is the official (?) GMax site.

And it couldn't have been. I downloaded GMax when SS's tutorial appeared, which wasn't that long ago.

(if this is wrong forum sorry...couldnt find a forum here about gmax so mvoe please :) if incorrect) ok so i was interested in skinning etc so i downloaded every tool i needed no problem but i cant download Gmax :confused: i click setup>next>i agree>next ''error 1722.there is a problem with this windows installer package.a program run as part of setup did not finish as expected contact your personal or package vender'' now what do i do?

thanks

~irish

Sometime I get same error on installing prgrams. Best thing is to get Windows Installer 3.1

It's working for me and maybe can solve your problem too.

Hmm... I think I got this problem one time. Try deleting everything that you have for GMAX go to control panel add/remove software uninstall GMAX, then go into your documents and Delete GMAX... Then try to install it again, if that fails, try deleting everything all over again and downloading the installer again and install it that way. Also make sure you have the SP (Service Pack(s)) Also make sure that you have enough space on your hard drive. If the problem persists, download an older version or contact the maker of GMAX (Discreet also try contacting turbosquid)... You can find the download at http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax

Hope this helps some,

-CP

I don't think you can download older versions.

And I think oldflash means copies don't work because you need the registry entries too.

I think this thread should be moved to the Tech Forum or possibly T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center, as it's not mod related.

When software is installed on your computer the installation process adds registry keys to your computer's registry. If you don't know anything about the registry, just take our word for it that these keys are necessary for the software to function, so it must be installed normally.

o ok but i cant seem to understand this error message...im even down graded my windows installer and it still seems to cancel it self...it keeps saying it has ended prematurely :/

EDIT:Question...is there anyway i can manualy get the zipped programs from the gmax installer from a progrma like winRAR to manually install the program or preform a desktop install?

Archived