Home

Buying

M@RS

It honestly depends whether you like the gameplay. It's an over the shoulder "shooter", and you just hold down your left-click as an auto attack and select specific class abilities. The combat is decent but where the game really shines is space pve and pvp as well as the social/community aspect. Roleplayers are everywhere so there is the SW feel. It just depends if you like the combat honestly.

Its a good game, i wish i could play on it more like i used to, but i have to many things going on.

It is past its golden days, a lot of people say that it is like WoW because now you pick from set professions at the beginning of the game just like in WoW. In the old SWG your profession was based off what you did, everyone started off as nothing and if you used a pistol you got pistol xp, if you used a melee weapon you got melee xp, if you healed something you got medic xp, and so on and so forth, and the more you used something the higher your xp got and you would eventually get new abilities. But the game play is still how you want it to be. Thats one of the nice things about SWG, you can make it however you want. I personally like the WoW battling style because I played it for years and was one of the best on my server. So since I was so used to it, I changed my SWG settings and moved the interface around to be more like WoW, I turned on "auto target" "abilities can be fired from keypad" and set the "auto attack" hotkey to "~", that way i can just select a target and then click my different attacks just like in WoW. But you can set it up to be a first person shooter. There is different skills that you have, if you want to use something then you hit the hotkey which selects it and then you click the mouse to use it on something.

Like what Tomak said, they have been updating A LOT of stuff recently, new dungeons, heroic instances, new items, they changed some of the professions to make them more interesting, and they even added a TCG game inside of the game that is exclusively for SWG players, so you can play it if you get bored...I personally can't wait to try that out myself, I used to be into Magic the Gathering and loved making my elf deck that gave me hundreds of life with an entire army of elves that all did 20+ damage, or my sliver deck which was so unfair that they banned it :( so I hope it's just as fun :D

They are also going to be adding Hoth in the near future which is going to add a whole new line of things to do within the game. They're adding atmospheric flight so that rebels can fly snow speeders into battle (I'm so jealous of that, the only thing cool that rebels have is the snow speeder), and Imps will be able to pilot AT-AT's and AT-ST's. All different kinds of stuff to keep you interested.

So I would say that the game may be past its glory days of having to REALLY grind in order to earn your standing in the game, but it's FAR from being dead.

Archived