Home

SWG Update Question

Hawwi Joshe

I'm currently attempting to do the 14-day Free Trial of SWG, so far everything else downloaded rather quickly, yet the update download has taken a little over a day thus far and barely half done. I have DSL, so I was wondering if any other high speed internet users who have downloaded the 14-Day Free Trial have had similar issues of really long update download times? Keep in mind I do not have the SWG game disc (not sure if that would have anything to do with the long update loading).

Guest DarthMaulUK

It will take along time to download as there are a lot of updates and patches to download. Over 24 hours thought is a long time but without the original discs, is expected.

Just make sure you are not downloading anything else, to help speed things up

I also can't tell if the download is restarting at times or other times regressing... I just checked back and it seemed that the bar showing how much of the download had been completed, had gone back a bit. Now I'm not sure if it moved on to another update or what. But this is becoming quite frustrating. I have no problem with being patient, I just want to make sure it's properly downloading, being that it slows my computer down a bit.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Alot depends on your system specs and how much RAM you have. And your operating system.

I suggest before playing, you make sure that you turn off any icons by the clock on your PC (bottom right) that you are not using. Each of these will take away some memory, so closing them will free that up. Only keep open what you need.

Turn off any other background programs that you dont use. Then start!

Well, I've done everything so far that's been suggested, even created a new character in the Eclipse server which is very light. At times it will play fine, and then others it will lag horribly.

Anyone know how you check your computers stats in order to compare to the SWG requirements?

I would suggest starting a toon in either Chilastra, bloodfin, bria or starsider, as I have toons in some of these that coupled with whats been said online they are the best and most populated servers, the 'Light' population marker is how many people are online not how populated the server is active or inactive, your better to upgrade your PC and have a good server, than choose an empty server with no one to play with, the community is a major aspect of the game. My PC is very good and I still get lag when Eisley is busy friend

Thanks to everyone who has offered advice, great to know Lucas Forums has such an awesome and helpful community!

DarthMaulUK, that link you provided helped tremendously! I managed to pass everything but the recommended RAM which is 1024 MB, and I currently have 767 MB (which minimum is said to be 512 MB). Could this be the reason my game is experiencing more lag than normal?

adamqd, am I able to switch my current character to any of the mentioned servers or would I have to start a new character from scratch in order to do it?

Well guys, I'm officially done with this game if this can't be fixed rather easily. I downloaded an update earlier this morning, open up my game and both my characters are there (in name only), unfortunately they have been reset meaning they just showed up as humans with just white boxers and a white tank top. They also had no server, planet, etc. showing up.

I even tried to create a new character just to see what it would do, no server options showed up to choose from. I'm not sure what to do, I tried doing the SWG setup again and that didn't work.

Has anyone experienced something like this before or happen to know of way to fix it while still keeping my characters?

It's just an update friend, when you log in and it says all servers are up except bria bloodfin etc there currently updating, try again later and it will say "All servers are up" in green then you'll find your toons fully clothed and ready to go, and yes you can switch servers but it will cost you $30-50 to do so depending on whether you take your Items, make sure you check here or station.com before you do anything to get the details, same go's for items in game, I gave away about 20 treasure maps not so long ago then found out they were worth about 1 million creds each lol, theirs a lot of metaphorical small print with SWG, a lot to learn :)

Archived