Home

Revan, the Republic, The True Sith, and KotOR III.

Pikmin

Of course he'd want to come back. That's where all his loved ones are. The point I was making is whatever adventure we expected for KOTOR III doesn't happen because the True Sith are not stopped in that time becaus they showed up in TOR.

The Rebuilding of the Republic will happen anyway after 3 Centuries of relative peace. Not exactly the subject of a thrilling RPG.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course he'd want to come back. That's where all his loved ones are. The point I was making is whatever adventure we expected for KOTOR III doesn't happen because the True Sith are not stopped in that time becaus they showed up in TOR.

The Rebuilding of the Republic will happen anyway after 3 Centuries of relative peace. Not exactly the subject of a thrilling RPG.

Again, you don't KNOW that. Upto 10 years ago, we thought the Republic had 25.000 years of peace untill the movies. Enter Exar Kun, Revan, The Sith, the Great Schisms. Upto four months ago, we though the Rebellion was created by political enemies of Palpatine, not by a Jedi who opposed Palpatine and became their symbol.

I mean to say: Many NOT-true sith related exciting stuff can happen in 300 years. Even an expedition that goes horribly wrong....in which you meet the True Sith and join Revan and the Exile in their battle.

I never interpreted that as there was peace for 25,000 years. Just the Jedi Order was the Republic's guardians for that time. Which is still true, in essence.

But we know they fail. How can you make an RPG with only garanteed defeat as its 1 outcome?

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you :)

More too the overall Star Wars data. Back then, people though Darth was Vaders actual name. Until Darth Maul came along, proving it to be a title. Same with the comics and all :) everything can happen if you have some space on the timeline!

I see your point about the guaranteed defeat. But imagine this:

If you find a fully operational Sith community there. And you join Revan and the Exile. Those Sith invade 300 years later. Maybe the player caused it? 300-style last stand?

Of course, building a game around it wouldn't work. But an epic finale? Fighting aside those uber Jedi, slaughtering hordes of Sith, setting them back 300 years, dying heroically, virtually saving the Republic. :)

we really dont know too much right now... it said that 'revan never returned', not 'revan died'. they said the 'many of the characters have passed away'. and then it says that 'some droids can last a long time as well. so maybe someone is still around? in star wars, people can live far longer than us, the same way people are living longer right now than any previous time because of our advanced tech. i remember reading of someone in the star wars galaxy living till 130 years or something, and that was considered normal. a force user might be able to stretch that... the sith emperor did, maybe revan or someone else as well? (*maybe* of course) or perhaps carbonite? i just want them to release the game so we can find out!!

and who had the kids that had kids that had kids that are going to be in the game?! shock1

1: The True Sith didn't attack the Republic in the lifetime of either of the two games protagonists.

Are you sure about their lifetime? i mean jedi can live for hundreads and thousands of years, although think the oldest human jedi was only around 100 and that was luke skywalker, where as Ood Bnar was a Neti Jedi Master, and lived for over 5000 years from the hyper space wars he did however turn into a tree for most of the time and i don't think he couldn change back lol. How can we be sure Revan isn't preparing a force of his own how can we be sure that the exile isn't gathering a force in the unknown regions that this sith emperor doesn't know about?

Archived