Home

Zombies Walk!

Jedi_Man

Atrianna awoke to find herself with a gas make over her head and with her hands cuffed

Flash Grenade

They had hit her with a flash grenade

Atrianna looked up at the russian solder watching her, and flipped him the bird as best she could with her hands cuffed

The Solder scowled at her

Atrianna smiled sweetly at the solder

"So...what's going on?"

The solder remained silent

Atrianna had to think about what to say next.

"Why am I cuffed and why is there a gas mask over my head?"

The solder smiled at her and walked to the front of the vehicle.

Atrianna couldn't help but feel angry at the Russian solders. All she had wanted to do was talk...but no...there always had to be grenades or guns.

Whatever happended to the days when people could have a nice civil chat without getting shot at?

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coryn had been on the road for hours already, deciding to head out to one of the more relatively safe cities, Chicago. At least, that's what he had heard.

Why am I leaving? Surely it's no safer than Virginia?

The news reports stopped as he reached another border, but they did not start back up again. Apparently, southern Indiana's radio stations had been...what?...taken over? The thoughts raced through Coryn's head. The undead were clearly dangerous, then, more dangerous than he had thought.

Richmond had had its outbreak already, and now he would have to keep moving to wherever the undead were not. And in just a few more hours, he would reach Chicago.

Maybe the US scientists will actually step in and do something in the meantime.

Sam and the other survivors, George, Jack and Darla, had arrived at Chicago two hours ago. Obviously thats not nearly enough time to go through all the nooks and cranneys, but the megaphone Jack had brought along would ensure anyone within a three mile radius could hear, and so would the zombies. After a few drive-bys on some zombies, they'd given up with Chicago.

The only shred of hope they'd had was a message blaring that some Russians had escaped Army custody and were to be shot on sight. Sam preferred not to use violence, at least not on humans, so he ignored the last part.

If he knew anything, the Russians would probably look for some survivors, either out of charity, or for some nefarious reason. Sam hoped for the first one. Even better, he'd heard another message saying that Washington D.C. was a safe zone for anyone who could reach it.

Sam decided that a large group of Russian Army Forces would probably be better than some assurance of safety. Just look what it did for Chicago. Besides, Maybe he could ask them some questions on the virus itself.

Yuri walked back from placing the prisoner in one of the humvees.

He shouted in Russian, "Hey, Major, the American talks too much."

Vlad smiled, "Well, then, you too have much in common."

The entire group snickered and Yuri shook his head a couple times while smiling. He then got back into prisoner's humvee, up on the 50. cal weapon mounted on the top. Vlad got into the front seat's passenger side, Zaitsev ran and hopped into the driver's seat.

'Vlad, I've rigged the Americans vehicle to explode in about 5 minutes, we should get out of the area. The "survivors" may notice the blast."

Vlad nodded and looke at the American, he switched back into thickly accented English.

"Well, American, I assume you're wondering what's happened and what's happening."

Vlad looked at the American's expression for any reaction, he continued, "Well, you just threatened a Special Forces group of the Elite Russian Army. We treated you as such, but seeing as you hurt one of my men, I have reason to think you're crazy."

Vlad smiled, "Now, for the cuffs and the gas mask, the cuffs are because you're a prisoner, technically. The gas mask, well, if your infected and may go over to the other side anytime soon, well, we don't want you biting us."

Vlad took a small briefcase out of his pack, "We soon see if you're infected, but now isn't the time. You may come in some use to the Russian people if you cooperate, so please don't, as you Americans say, "Flip a birdie." We Russian don't like that."

Vlad nodded and sat back in his seat. He put a hand outside the window and motioned for the other humvee to follow.

Zaitsev looked out the window and said,"We'll be back soon, comrades!"

The convoy began a short drive into the city. They may even run into more survivors, if there should be any. But there was one thing for sure about Chicago, there'd definately be something.

Atrianna looked up as the big one started talking to her and she waited until he finished his little speech.

"I'm not crazy."

The Russian glanced at her.

"So...what happens if you think i'm infected?"

The Russian still didn't reply

"My name is Atrianna, what's yours?"

Still no reply.

Time for new tactic.

"How do I know that you are not infected yourself?"

Silence

"It's considered polite to answer questions."

Silence yet again

"I'm not crazy if that's what your thinking."

Still no reply

"Did you manage to grab all of guns from the Prius?"

The Russian simply smiled at her.

I really hope they managed to grab my weapons

Vlad nodded at her every question.

'Well, Attriana, whether you're crazy or not is up to us to decide. Not what do we do if you're infected. We'll use you as a test subject for a zombie killing serum, eh? We'd just shoot your head off, and leave your zombie body to be eaten by other infected."

Vlad smiled," Now onto more pleasant things, my name is Vlad."

He pointed to himself then to Zaitsev, "And this is Zaitsev, that's all you need to know."

"Also, the reason we're not infected is because, obviously we aren't. Question answered, and no, we don't think you're crazy...yet."

He then sat back down in his seat and watched the roads ahead.

Atrianna smiled to herself.

They were heading for Milwaukee, she knew the twists and turns of the route to Milwaukee by heart.

"I wouldn't head into Milwauke if I were you. It's crawing with infected, there are too many even for you and your men to take."

Silence

"I'm not gonna be quiet until you answer my main question: Did you manage to save my weapons?"

Yet more silence from the front

"You're going to need a guide when you enter Milwaukee..."

Silence

"If you give me back my shotgun I can help you out..."

Silence

These guys better have coffee

The American does talk too much, Vlad thought.

"Please, be quiet and we won't have to do anything to handle you. Talk to Yuri, he likes to talk, isn't that right, Yuri?"

Zaitsev cracked up and started chuckling. Vlad took out the map and looked at it carefully. Then he heard the distinct explosion of the American's truck back on the highway. He smiled.

"Well, Zaitsev, take us back to Chicago, I think I know an alternate route. Besides, Milwaukee isn't ground zero."

Zaitsev nodded and turned the humvee around back towards Chicago. The other humvee followed and the convoy began to make it's way back.

Vlad decided to start up a conversation, hoping he wouldn't regret it.

"So, Attriana isn't it? Well, how did you end up in this situation anyway?"

Vlad leaned back in his chair and stuck a foot up on the dashboard of the humvee.

Atrianna smiled.

Vlad seemed very overconfident

"I think you already know i'm a mercenary. The whole reason I got stuck out here was because I wanted to help people. I had just finished up a job in Canada when I heard the news about what had happended. I came back down to the states to help out whoever I could."

"Everywhere I went, I saw destruction and chaos and death. I finally heard that Milwaukee was pretty well off, so I headed on down and tried to help out. By the time I got there, nearly everyone was dead or had fled the part of the city that I had made my home in. As I was leaving the city, I saw horrible things, I saw acts of heroism that would brings tears to your eyes, I saw men sacrifice themselves to save their families, and I saw them die as they were ripped apart."

"I heard Chicago was still pretty well off so I left Milwaukee, then my prius ran nearly ran out of gas, I saw you and your men by the cars and then I ended up in this situation."

Atrianna couldn't help but feel very thirsty.

"So...when are you going to test out the whole undead killing virus on me?"

Silence

"You guys have anything to drink?"

Sam was in the center of Slinger, the place wehre his uncle lived. The condo his uncle stayed at looked relatively well off, considering the circumstances. There wasn't a horde to be seen for miles.

Sam picked his Grendel up and checked the magazine.

" Dang! Three rounds in this one, just one mag left after this!" sam said. He was pissed. But there was no stopping the inevitable. upon entering the condominium complex, he smelled no death, heard no screams, and felt the darkness of death alleviate.

" Well well well, looks like we got ourselves a winner here!" jack said. Sam ran to the room his uncle was in, he just needed to be sure he was alive. Before he could open the door, a dull clatter rang out, much like an AK-47. he knew the sound.

He opened the door either way, the shooter was too far away for them to be any help. His uncle sprang out, a large knife in one hand and a hammer in the other.

The last thing Coryn expected to see when he arrived at Chicago was military vehicles and cars parked in front of the abandoned remains of some office buildings.

He hit the brakes to his car (a black Ford V6 Fusion, of course) and looked around. They certainly didn't look like American vehicles. Then he saw some of the soldiers. Walking right towards him. In biochemical suits.

Remembering what he had heard on the news, he immediately tried to turn around. However, the guns that two other soldiers pointed towards him made him stop.

Vlad's radio crackled to life.

"....Comrade Major, American spotted! We need your presence immediately!"

Zaitsev turned the car around toward Humvee 2's position, Vlad pressed the respond button on the radio.

"Comrade Boris, hold position, acquire the prisoner, peacefully if possible."

An acknowledge ping was sent. Vlad nodded and brought his foot off the dashboard. He prepped his AK-47 and opened the window, prepared to fire.

It took minutes to reach humvee 2's position, and sure enough, there was an American standing completely still around 10 meters off the right side of humvee 2.

Vlad stepped out of the car, "American, if you have any weapons, put them down now. We do not wish to fight you! Cooperate!"

Vlad aimed his AK at the American and prepared for the man's surrender.

Dang, I can't believe that I forgot a weapon. Nothing to drop, at least.

Coryn unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the door, and then walked forward slightly, making sure that he would not get shot in the process. Then the man holding the gun spoke in Russian to some of his men, and they seized him.

Making sure not to panic, he stated a cliche, "Could someone please tell me what is going here?"

The Russian just stared as he was led over to a humvee.

Great. At least they aren't zombies.

Vlad motioned for the American to be placed in the back of his humvee with the other prisoner.

He shouted in Russian, "We'll have to find more vehicles to continue this spree, eh?"

The group chuckled and Vlad looked at the American.

"You are probably confused, yes? Well, our buisness is our own, but you can help us survive. You may be of use to the Motherland, cooperate, and we'll come out of this alive."

Yuri placed a zip-tie cuff on the American's hands, they then stuck him next to the other prisoner. Vlad stood on the side of his humvee and waved for the other to follow.

"We're heading for the center of the city, perhaps there will be answers there!" He shouted.

Of all the stupid places to go to, Coryn, why did you have to go to this one?

The prisoner next to him appeared to be older than he was, and obviously irritated by something. He didn't bother to speak.

Some of the men were talking to each other in Russian and laughing, and he wished he knew what they were saying. No doubt it was something derogatory about Americans, or at least jokes to pass the time.

He looked out the window for lack of anything better to do, but he didn't notice any undead. No, that wasn't the most prominent feature of the city. It was the lack of movement, of life. Visual silence.

Is that what's going to happen to Richmond?

He hadn't a clue why he was suddenly feeling patriotic, but he supposed that the adrenaline from the fear and excitement made him want to start talking. He opened his mouth and uttered a word, but before he could say anything else the prisoner next to him simply nudged him. Either he wasn't supposed to talk or else anything that she had said herself was useless.

He decided to shut up and watch the lifeless city.

Atrianna looked over at the newest member of the little group

"They managed to get you to? Don't worry, the russians seem to know what they're doing, and they are pretty polite when they're not trying to kill you."

"The name is Atrianna. what's yours?"

Atrianna then began to speak to the solders in the front.

"I think we've already established that I am not one of the infected. I think we can take the handcuffs off now...Or did you forget to take them off?"

Maybe this won't be so bad after all...

"Uh, I'm Coryn," and then he said quietly, "it's really an alias." He had no intention of telling her his real name. He just didn't want someone else to make fun of it. If he was going to leave his past behind, he had to keep quiet about it.

And of course, at that moment, the shooting began.

"Don't worry," a Russian said, "you are protected from them in here. By the time there is enough of them to get inside, you would probably be in danger everywhere else, anyway." He laughed.

Thanks for the comforting information.

A stream of the undead came out from a nearby building, and the vehicle moved faster. More Russian. He watched as the undead fell over, one by one, and then the firing ceased.

"What did I tell you?" the Russian said again, laughing. But Coryn had no intention of feeling safe. After all, he was being taken against his will by men dealing with biochemicals.

At least I won't get infected.

Vlad smiled as Yevgeni, who sat next to the Americans, started speaking.

"Da, of course you're alright, we are in armored vehicle, with a 50. caliber machine gun mounted on it, any undead spotted are as dead as dead can be, not that they're not dead already!"

All the Russians in the car started chuckling.

Vlad started, "So, what's your name American? What brought you..."

Suddenly, the car hit something and everyone was in the air for a quick second. Then the car settled back. Vlad had his AK ready.

Zaitsev spoke first, "Major, what was that?"

Vlad didn't know but he raised a hand to keep everyone quiet. Yuri was scanning the area with the mounted 50. cal.

Vlad opened the door and stepped out slowly. He looked at the wheel and noticed a small figure. He walked closer and noticed that it was in fact a half of the undead. It didn't have any legs and it stayed still, so Vlad approached. Then it's gory head twitched and turned toward him. It screamed something unintelligable.

Vlad wasted no time as it crawled toward him, he unleashed his entire magazine into the creatures head. Then he began t hear something jumping across the rooftops, and there were screams coming from one the streets. Vlad knew what it was.

He jumped back into the car and locked the doors.

"We've got incoming, jumpers and the hoard for sure!"

Immediatley, Zaitsev pressed on the gas and the other Russians in the car prepped their weapons. Vlad got two Tokarev pistols from his pack and handed them to the prisoners, also freeing them from the their bonds.

"We'll need your help. I hope you shoot well."

Suddenly, Yuri started firing the 50. cal at the hoard running at them from behind, the other humvee was following suite, spraying down the zombies with fire.

Despite his chance, Coryn had no intention of running away. Suddenly, the Russian's joke seemed to have a striking sense of reality in it. Everywhere else will be unsafe. And he agreed, turning to look out of the rear windshield.

There were many of them, appearing just as the others were shot down, and as they made their way closer to the vehicles every time Coryn began to worry.

He had had plenty of experience with virtual guns, played with a paintball gun, and shot a BB gun at some targets. But he doubted his ability to hit a moving zombie with a pistol he had never used before.

Vlad got the map out as his troops peppered the zombies with fire. He looked up at the street sign.

"Williams street, um.......good, Zaitsev, take Route 74 to the Subway station, we can find some cover there. That's around a 7 minute drive."

Zaitsev nodded and turned the car into an alley, crushing fences and clotheslines as he did. The zombies kept running, even under the fire that the two Russian humvees were belting out.

Vlad looked at the Americans and noticed that they weren't shooting.

"SHOOT OR WE'RE DEAD!" He shouted, he then stuck his AK out the window and sprayed a couple bullets into one of the zombie groups.

Afraid he'd be shot by the Russian or killed by a zombie, he turned around, pointed to the closest undead, and fired several times. It crumpled from the surprisingly accurate bullets and Coryn froze yet again.

The girl seemed to be more comfortable with a weapon than he was, and she took down a few herself.

Maybe I should practice this more often.

The humvee hit a few more things as it went along, and when it had reached the end of the alley it turned yet again. No zombies.

They kept moving, but the undead were nowhere behind them.

They were above them.

Coryn fired for his life as the zombie broke through the glass, and then fell, only to be replaced by another eagerly grasping hold of the back of the vehicle. He shot once more, and then his ammo ran out. What luck.

Vlad was taken completely off guard by the jumper zombie. The thing broke the roof right next to Yuri's 50. cal. Yuri continued firing at the rooftops, taking down jumpers rapidly. Vlad stuck his AK through the hole in the roof and began firing. He heard a distinct click of an empty weapon. He looked at the American and nodded, he then fished two more clips for the man and tossed them to him.

Suddenly, something landed on Vlad, that thing was a jumper.

"Comrade Major!" shouted Zaitsev, who was now trying to push the zombie off while staying on the correct course with the car. Vlad grabbed the zombie by what was left of his shoulders and looked into its rotting face.

"You want to play like that, OKAY!"

Then, with all his strength, Vlad head butted the zombie, it's head exploded in a cloud of red. Vlad pushed the body off and continued firing.

Blood rained on the back of his neck, but Coryn was too afraid to turn around. After all, the horde leaping onto the car was enough to keep him occupied. But he couldn't get the clip into his gun.

Then something else touched his neck, and he knew he had better turn around this time.

"Don't fire towards the front of the car!" a Russian shouted, and Coryn slipped the ammo in just in time to awkardly fire towards the side of the undead's head. It did not die.

It clawed at his skin, and he kicked it. All he felt was blood on his shoe as the thing simply fell on top of him and reared back his head in preparation for what could only be a strike at his neck to try and bite him. It's crazed eyes were strangely humanoid, but they had no emotion. And it's skin was grey and lifeless, only blood showing through in brown in some areas. And the teeth--they were rotting and bloody. Just the tiniest color of green appeared on the tips of its main teeth, no doubt the venom. The venom that was about to be injected into his neck. This was not good.

Vlad turned momentarily and noticed one of the Americans having trouble with a zombie. Vlad moved quickly and grabbed the zombie's back, lifted him, and threw him out of the car, the second humvee finished the job.

Vlad pointed at the American and said, "Be observant, and don't get bitten, it'll hurt."

He then tossed him an extra combat knife.

"Zombie's don't like sharp objects."

Vlad smiled and blasted another jumper's head off.

Archived