Home

Zombies Walk!

Jedi_Man

Sam ran away, the complex behind him burning, and the screams of torment and death following him. He was about to be executed when a horde of zombies had attacked, bursting through the wall and killed everyone but him. Sam kissed his Cross necklace, feeling hope for a moment. Sam hefted his new toy to adjust the weight.

Not a big fan of the SCAR, but hey, I found other things too! Sam thought idly. Sam slid a grenade into the M203 under the barrel, and then he picked up the AKM hanging at his side.

" I wonder if this is where the Russians stayed, Nah" Sam mused to himself. He was carrying a Crap load of ammo, he wouldn't need to worry about it for qiute awhile. Sam ran towards a Jeep Cherokee on the side of the road, there was a body still in it. He opened the door and pulled the non-moving body out, the keys were in the ignition, so Sam started the Jeep up an ddrove off, heading back towards Base Camp One.

I just hope the Russians don't kill me, Sam thought with gravity.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vlad nodded an affirmation. He hated being a prisoner.

He then tried to remember the events following the creation of the brute.

A horrible nightmare as it were...

Chernobyl Secret Test Facility

"Comrade Captain!! What in God's name is that!" shouted Fieldmarshal Konstantinov.

Vlad was taken unprepared as well, for the prisoner was to expand, yes, but not to become a beast.

"Kill it! Kill it now!"

The Russian guards didn't hesitate. They blasted fully-automatic rounds repeatedly into the beast's head. But it wasn't helping. The brute ripped the straps off the table and leaped towards the first guard, crushing him. The 3 other guards switched to their grenade launchers, which would've been suicide in close quarters, but the brute might take most of the blast. They fired, ripping the brute's limbs apart.

Red covered the side of the test room and the 3 remaining guards backed out of the room, into safe territory.

Vlad lifted the radio's phone.

"Filter in the poison gas, IMMEDIATLEY!"

A low hisss filled the room, and everything in the testing area became covered in a green mist.

Vlad stood, horrified at the event, and he couldn't help but think of the tale of Frankenstein.

Fieldmarshal Konstantinov stood, bewildered, and his adjutant, Lieutenant Zubov, stood with him.

"Comrade Captain, I AM SEVERLY DIS-" The Marshal didn't finish his words. Zubov had begun to whisper into the Marshal's ears, and his face changed from anger, to the joy of a little boy.

"Captain, begin mass-producing this as a bio-chem product. The Motherland will be able to use it, and we will become the saviors of the world."

Vlad glared angrily at Zubov. Vlad knew that such a weapon was of extreme danger to everyone, but he could not contest with the Fieldmarshal. He wanted to believe that he had helped build up mankind technologically, but he feared the only thing that he did, was prepare the world for the end.

Present

Vlad bit back a small pain of the memory.

He remembered what had happened now.

He looked back at the American.

"I created the virus as a stimulant for our troops. But it didn't work out that way. My superiors were too dumb to see the affects of such a virus. But they wanted a test, so they used this chemical in a number of small Russian villages, but discovered that it was nearly impossible to contain. We used our last nukes to protect the people."

Vlad let it sink in for a bit, "After the Soviet Union fell, I felt relieved that the project had not been used, but the same superiors who ordered its creation, were still my superiors. And the thoughts of revenge against the United States had ruled their minds."

Vlad took a step back and looked at his troops.

"After the terrorist attacks of 2001, the Al-Queda had caught my superior's attention. They made a deal for 4 nuclear missiles. One of which contained the virus, to which I had no idea. They didn't inform me immediately of the exchange of weapons. But when they did, it was too late. Their revenge had been taken."

Vlad looked at the military compound and prepped his weapon.

"You have what you wanted to know, American. I fear that this area is no longer safe."

Atrianna looked closley at Vlad, she had been listening and she could believe the story.

She had to ask a Vlad a certain question.

"Vlad...is this an official operation? If what you said was true, then wouldn't Russia rather just let the US die? Is the only reason that you and your men are here is because you felt guilty about what your country did to ours?

The question took Vlad off guard.

"Of course this operation is official. The men who used the bio-chem did it on purpose for us to save the day. Once we are declared the true heroes of our world, then Russian enterprises will grow, and our Motherland supplemented."

Attriana had hit right on the money about the guilt, though. He wasn't planning on telling anyone that, though, it would show possibly as a sign of weakness. Not a good thing due to the situation.

"Of course, how could I get funding if this operation wasn't official?"

Smith heard the Russian's statement about it being intentional, and that was all he needed to hear. "You catch that?" He asked the helo pilot through his mike.

"Yes." The pilot's response came.

"Try to get POTUS on the line and relay the past five minutes, it looks like we're involved in another war."

"On it."

Turning his attention to the Russian, Smith flipped his M-4 back to full auto and made a show of flipping the safety on and off. "Listen, Russian." He said. "I don't really like you, and what you said has really lowered your standing in my eyes, comprende?"

He looked over at the Green Berets who had accompanied him and noticed that they had anticipated his orders and were herding the Russians in the camp back into the holding pens.

"Listen, you have two choices here. One, you give up and become a POW, or two you die. Choose for yourself."

Vlad stared with hatred and a pride of an old soldier, accepting the facts. He nodded, and fished through his jacket. He grabbed his small Tokarev pistol and showed it to the American. He then tossed it to the ground and did an about-face towards the holding pens.

"So it begins..." he whispered to himself.

Vlad had a plan already. He wasn't the most Elite soldier of the Russian army for nothing. And soon the Americans would know why.

The ever-silent Coryn stood there, contemplating Vlad's story. Richmond....

For now, at least, maybe there wouldn't be fighting. He remembered only too well how that felt. No wonder he was still such a good aim. The memories came flooding back....

Flashback

((I really did have some flashbacks in mind, not trying to copy, Vlad :xp:))

"Aiden Valko, step forward."

He took a quick step, glancing at Dragomir, smiled, and looked back at the commander.

"Does something strike you as funny, SIR?"

"No, sir."

"Then you would do best to follow my orders. You know how valuable you are to this team, but you still have things to learn about discipline, understood?"

"Yes, sir."

"And you know the only reason that I'm preachin' at you now is because we have an agenda, a very important mission coming up, and this is the most nervous I have ever been about an operation. You know that I would hate to lose you boys."

"Yes, sir."

"At ease, Aiden."

"Yes, s-...Stanislav."

Commander Stanislav handed him a logbook and a vial.

"Distribute a copy of the briefing to everyone, and make sure you all get an even dose of this vial. And if one person doesn't get some of it, then he will not be allowed to go on this mission."

"Alright."

Aiden led his team into the mission room. It was time.

Smith looked at the pistol that the Russian had thrown on the ground and then back up at the Russian.

"So, you going to give up your Kalashnikov as well?" He inquired as he bent down to pick up the pistol, all the while keeping his eyes on the Russian.

"That and your Name, Rank and Serial Number would be nice."

"Sir, I've got the President on the line." The pilot's voice broke his reverie.

"Lieutenant Colonel Smith." The President's voice came.

"Yes, sir?" Smith said, still keeping his eyes on the Russian.

"I've gone over the past five minutes of your conversation and have a question to bring up."

"Yes?" Smith prompted -he hated it when people needed all this prodding.

"Do you know if this mission of the Russian's is official?"

"Sir, he said it is, so I'm going to have to trust him on this one."

"Alright, Colonel, I've got a bad conversation ahead of me."

Vlad nodded, slightly annoyed, and unstrapped the AK slung off his shoulder.

"Sure....Comrade. Vladimir Rosokosvski, Major, serial number 111, Elite Forces."

He then continued back toward the pens, listening carefully to whatever conversation the American was having. From Vlad's point-of-view, there would probably be some political fireworks.

Oh, good, thought Vlad, I like to see ruffled politicians.

Smith watched the Russian Major turn around and walk towards the Pens, his AK was on the ground and Smith stooped down to pick it up.

A major in the Elite Forces! Smith thought in wonder, I'm just a medic! He reached over to his right shoulder to caress the familiar shoulder-flash, but realized that it wasn't on his BDU, likely this was just a generic uniform that had been quickly put together for his use.

Smiling slightly as he thought of the conversation that the President would be having with the Russian president. While he was supposed to respect civilian authority, there were few people who just rubbed him the wrong way as much as politicos did.

Working the action on the AK, Smith fired a few rounds into a tin can that had been set up, the rifle had been sighted correctly as the can blew apart as the bullets impacted.

"Sir, we have some incoming, err, Zombies." The pilot's voice cut through his thoughts.

Damn...

Once Vlad got into the holding pens with his comrades, he noticed that most of them had a fearful look about them.

Boris approached, "Sir, there have been reports that one of the nearby cells have been overrun by those creatures."

Vlad nodded, "I heard that, too. So, why are you so afraid? We stand more than a fair chance against that scum. Besides, if we're lucky, they could provide an escape."

Boris' expression changed from fear to happy realization.

"True, Comrade Major. We have little to worry about. Glad to have you with us, by the way."

Vlad smiled and looked at all of his men. There fear had stopped by their leader's reassuring words.

"Thank you, Comrades. We will accomplish our mission."

The group nodded in unison in agreement.

Atrianna smiled to herself, the idiots had left her with her jacket, and that was a grave mistake on their part.

Atrianna had taken a small pistol and hid it inside her coat, along with three combat knives and around thirty bullets. the gun was small and didn't have that much power behind it's shots, but it would suffice for getting their original weapons back. she just hoped they didn't run into any brutes, the little gun would be about as effective as a pee shooter against a brute.

At first, she had been worried that someone would find the gun during the search, she had nothing to fear though, the solders were too busy with other matters to search her properly.

"Hey Vlad, do you need a gun by any chance?"

Vlad smiled

Vlad put a finger to his lips and motioned for quiet. He then waved for Attriana to follow him. He waved for Boris to follow to.

They came to a small corner of the pen, an area out of the vision of the guards. Boris then took out a small screwdriver and smiled.

"So, where's the weapon?"

"Goddammit." Smith muttered darkly as he looked at the radar readout in the helo. "See if you can't get in the air and act as our close-range fire support." He didn't think it would do much, but it was always handy to have a pair of friendly M-60's in the air.

Jumping out of the helo, Smith reloaded his M-4, making sure his clip was full, and then walked over to the four Green Berets he'd been assigned.

"We're going to have some of these Zombies coming soon." He said quietly. "All we have to do is hold the line and pray that we don't get anything like the Demon or Brute variants we've seen earlier."

Running over to one of the overturned HMMWV's, Smith checked out the turreted M-60 and was pleasantly surprised when the machine gun appeared to be in working condition.

Well, five men on the ground -one with an M-60- and two M-60's in the air didn't seem like half-bad odds against a horde of Zombies.

He hoped.

Boris had assembled the weapon in a few minutes. He'd even added a few little kinks himself, not enough to do serious damage, but enough to handle a problem.

"Major, do I have permission to..."

Boris gestured to the gate lock as the Green Beret gaurds moved to join the perimeter defense against the zombie/things.

Vlad nodded slowly and Boris walked up to the gate.

Vlad then looked at Attriana, "Thanks again, American, you're prooving yourself a good ally. I think it's time we left."

Boris pulled the trigger and blew the lock off. The Russian commandoes moved fast and quietly toward the armory, where the weapons and ammo were stored. Indeed, the Americans had no guards there either, the defense would definately have taken immediate precedence.

Once Vlad made it inside, he found his precious modified AK-47, a weapon he had jokingly named "Natasha."

Vlad picked it up and began cleaning it carefully.

Atrianna looked around the armory in suprise

Where was her shotgun? Her pistols were missing as well.

Atrianna quickly looked around and noticed a Sawed off shotgun hanging on the wall next to a pump action shotgun.

She quickly grabbed them both, strapped the regular shotgun across her back and hefted the sawed off shotgun.

And then Atrianna saw the most useful thing in the armory.

A Bazooka complete with ammo

"Hey Vlad!" she said pointing to the bazooka, "Do you think we can use this?"

( Sorry for not writing in a few days, my computer is on the fritz, well here goes nothing)

Sam stepped out of the car he'd taken after his near execution, the gas was empty.

" Looks like I'll he hoofing it from now on" Sam thought dryly. The sad moan of the undead broke threw the night, and he had no wish of encountering any more. Sam worked the action of the AK and proceeded down the highway, praying he'd find a car or something along the way.

Sam the headlights of a car approaching rapidly, and he was joyful for a second, then he realized a zombie was at the wheel. Sam jumped out of the way just in time, the car sped past swerving off the road and smashing the car he'd parked on the side of the road.

"We leave now, American." Vlad said.

He loaded a magazine into his Tokarev pistol and stepped toward the entrance of the armory, looking cautiously for American guards.

"We'll try to find my friends at the camp, but we may need to help the Americans. Of course, as a last resort."

Vlad looked back at the group.

Atrianna glared at Vlad, she hated the fact that he kept calling her 'American'

He made it sound like a curse.

Atrianna managed to strap the bazooka to her back with great difficulty and started following the Russian solders out of the armory.

She suddenly stopped moving as she heard a rusteling sound from the shadows behind them...

She quickly hefted her shotgun and pointed it at the shadows.

"Vlad...did you hear something?"

"No"

"Well I did! Theres something in the shadows...behind us."

Vlad turned around quickly and aimed his AK into the dark shadows. Boris and Vasilli broke rank as well, taking a firing position near by. The other commandoes moved to cover, and watched all the possible Zombie points.

Vlad spoke first, "Good call, let's handle the problem."

Vlad moved forward, AK at the ready.

Movement came from the deepest part of the shadows and a badly wounded man crawled out of the shadows

"C-Comrade Major...didn't anyone miss me?"

Atrianna couldn't believe it

She had seen him fall into the arms of one of the undead

She was either dreaming, or someone had hit her really hard over the head and she was hallucinating

He was still in the same bio-chem suit that he had been wearing when he had been pushed out of the helicoptor, and it was still sealed despite all that he must have gone through

She could only really say one thing

"Hello Yuri."

Vlad holstered his weapons and ran towards his comrade.

"Yuri, you idiot! Where have you been? We thought you were dead!"

Yuri put a limp hand on Vlad's shoulder.

"I nearly was, sir. But as you can see, I'm not."

All the Russians chuckled and went to greet their good comrade.

Vlad spoke again, "Well, we best get you to the medic, there, we will conduct blood tests to see that you are not infected."

Yuri nodded, smiling, "No worries sir. I'm not. But check anyways, these wounds are from falling from a helicopter."

Vlad smiled again, "Let's get you to the medic."

Archived