Home

Zombies Walk!

Jedi_Man

Sam was heading down to his brothers in Texas, so he was passing through Chicago again when he heard the loud Clatter of an AK-47, he even heard what sounded like a .50 cal. Sam didn't know though. His uncle was watching a movie on a portable DVD player in the back, one of those Stargate shows.

"Pardon me, could you turn the volume down?" Darla asked, and his uncle did. Then Sam knew it was an AK-47.

"Floor it!" Sam yelled to Darla, the last survivor from the store left.

Then a brute ran out of a building, the wall crumbling around it.

"HOLD ON TIHGT TO SOMETHING!!" Sam yelled to noone in particular. The brute hit the truck, sending it flying through the air, it landed upside down, then it rolled stopping in front of a large personel carrier, the large truck stopping just before it hit the truck.

The clatter of the .50 cal was loudest now. Sam looked next to him, and instantly wished he hadn't. Darla looked dead, but the grunts of pain from behind told him his uncle wasn't.

Before any zombie could get near, Sam crawled out the hole where the window was, dragging his uncle and Darla behind him, his weapons all hanging off him in random directions.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Listen, Sergeant." Smith was saying. "I don't care what your orders are regarding civilians on the base, because they don't apply to me." He smiled, trying to appear as friendly -and intimidating- as he could.

"Sir, I just-"

"You just what, Sergeant?" Smith cut him off. "If you could open this gate soon, that would be helpful."

"Sir, I need..." The man stopped, waiting to be cut off.

"What? ID?" Without waiting for an answer, Smith took out his wallet and showed the hapless Sergeant who had drawn sentry duty his driver's license.

"You're cleared." The sergeant said in a defeated tone. "When the gate opens, drive on through."

"Thank you, Sergeant."

He saw the sergeant walk into the block office and pull a lever, and less then a handful of seconds later the main gate opened, and Smith drove the stolen Suburban through the main entrance at Fort Ripley.

Several minutes later, Smith found himself in front of the Duty Officer in the main building, wishing that he had his old uniform on he decided to speak.

"Duty Officer! On your feet!" He said it in the most commanding voice he'd had to use all day, and like clockwork the captain shot to his feet and snapped a salute.

"Sir!"

Returning his salute, Smith looked him over before deciding to continue. "Captain, do you think you could arrange a meeting between the CO and I for..." Smith looked at his wristwatch. "0950 today?"

"Sir, yes, sir!" The captain was in full parade ground mode.

"Then do so."

Without waiting for an answer Smith followed his feet to the CO's office and looked down at his watch. 0945....0947....0949....0950! Bringing the teenage he'd picked up in the nameless town with him into the office, he knocked on the CO's door.

"Come in." He heard and Smith turned the knob.

"Sir!" Smith saluted in a casual manner.

"At ease." The general looked him up and down for a moment before speaking. "Who the hell are you?"

The view of the massive brute took Vlad completely by surprise. Zaitsev stopped the humvee right on time, barely scratching the paint job. Vlad thought fast and fished a small syringe out of his pocket.

It was an anti-serum for a zombie of this kind.

He hadn't perfected it yet, but if there was anytime better to test it, now was the time. Yuri pumped round after round into the brute, covering Vlad's advance. He could see a couple of survivors around the wreckage of the truck. He'd have to check on them later.

He loaded the syringe into a small launcher and aimed carefully at the brute's head. He took a deep breath and pulled the trigger.

The syringe made direct contact.

Atrianna was currently in the back of the Humvee blasting whatever was chasing them, be it brute, limper or whatever counted as a cross between the two.

She cleared the last of the undead from behind them with her Sawed-off shotgun and ran to the front as the Humvee lurched to a halt.

What the hell is going on up there?

Atrianna could see Vlad and a few Russians outside the Humvee dealing with a large brute

Vlad and his friend were still busy with the brute, they didn't see another one of the infected come up around the Humvee and come after Vlad.

She had a debt to repay.

"VLAD GET DOWN!"

The russian solder must have heard her because he instantly hit the ground and thus was not in the way when two shotgun blasts ripped through the infected's head and continued on their way to bury themselves into a wall.

Vlad quickly got up and glanced at her.

Atrianna flashed him a smile.

Vlad looked at Attriana and nodded an appreciation. He then got back to the task at hand. He took out the detonator for the syringe that he had built himself and activated it.

He then pressed the red button and the Brute began to writhe back and forth in pain.

It then exploded and Vlad smiled.

He said aloud,"Well comrades, it works!"

His troops shouted in victory.

Atrianna heard the cheering of the Russian troops but she didn't join in.

Atrianna couldn't help but see how the brute had reacted to whatever Vlade had hit it with.

It had exploded.

"Vlad, whatever you hit the brute with made it explode. what kind of effect is that going to have on the uninfected? For all you know, it could do the same thing to uninfected innocents."

Sam watched the events unfold. The brute exploded in a violent and gory death, and the rest of the horde were running away like cowards.

Sam looked down at Darla, her arm was bent backwards, and her eyes had rolled into back into her head. Sam sniffled, just a little, then broke out into a sob. He didn't care about the zombies anmore, didn't care about the safe-zones, the survivors, anything. He'd just lost a good friend. Even if they'd just met a day ago.

Sam pulled his Desert Eagle out and fired point blank at her head, the top exploding. His uncle was sitting down next to the truck, retrieving his items he had packed.

Sam put the barrel of the gun to his temple, the coolness making him calm. He pulled the trigger. CLICK.

It seemed life wasn't going to let him die just yet.

Yuri tapped Attriana on the shoulder.

"The Comrade Major knows exactly what he used on that thing. He also probably knows exactly what that serum will do to regular humans. You were talking to Comrade Major Vladimir Rosokosovski, King of the Bio-industries, he builds all those things."

Yuri sat on the back of the humvee, letting the 50. cal cool off.

Vlad approached the two survivors near the destroyed truck.

"You two able to join us? I'd suggest it, together we can accomplish much."

Vlad brought the AK up when he noticed how well armed the survivors were.

"Second thought, come with us, you have no choice."

Sam looked at the russian, he was well armed for a supposed escaped prisoner, maybe there was more to his story. Sam hefted his Grendel over his shoulder, he knew an AK-47 could do nasty things to a person. Sam pulled the magazine out, the last three rounds having been expended in the last fight he had. He placed the empty in his backpack, and stepped towards the truck, holding the gun as high as he could now.

Before he entered the Large carrier, a Russian motioned for him to give him his rifle. Sam obliged, his Desert Eagle was hidden under his jacket. Luckily they didn't search him as he entered the back of the truck, and he found two more survivors, the woman he recognized as a merc, the man he didn't no though. His uncle climbed in after him, and Sam said to them all "Howdy" thowing on the largest grin he could manage, which was little to say the least.

He turned to the Russian guarding them, and said in a perfect russian, tainted by a small accent of american " How long do you expect to hold us for, hmm?"

Somehow, all the prisoners and the remaining Russians managed to fit into the ehavily damaged humvee. Also, even more surprisingly, one of the Americans spoke in nearly flawless Russian. Zaitsev elbowed Vlad.

"Guess what, this guy speaks Russian!"

Vlad smiled, "Well that's a new one. Hey, Comrades, we're in the presence of an American Russky!"

The other three Russians in the car began to chuckle and prepped themselves for the journey to the subway.

Vlad turned around in his seat to face the prisoners.

"How long do you expect us to hold you? Personally, I don't know, maybe a long time, but then again, you may want to stay with us. Our undead friends don't seem to like you that much."

Vlad smiled and sat back while Zaitsev chuckled once again. Yuri and Boris {who had changed cars} sat with the 50. cal, ready for anything. Vlad got out the map once again, and the journey back to the subway began.

"Well, Americans, at least stay with us until we reach base camp 1."

Vlad frowned, "You Americans do talk to much. We'll explain that to you soon, when we are not in danger."

Then something humorous caught Vlad's mind.

"Though the suit should be self-explanatory."

The Russians started chuckling once again. The something else caught onto Vlad's mind, something that he had not remembered for a long long time.

His mind brought him back to Chernobyl, Secret Test Facility 9, June 8, 1988. A year after the massive nuclear disaster...

Chernobyl Secret Test Facility, Many years earlier

Vladimir Rosokosovski looked out the chopper's window as they came toward the gray bunker of a test facility. He could still see the red and white smokestack rising from Reactor 4 of the Nuclear plant. It rose like a massive warning sign above a gray and desolate landscape.

Vlad checked his anti-Radiation suit for any leaks, for the best guess of what would happened if there was, was death. Vlad looked at the pilot, also in a radiation suit a he guided the small chopper to the ground. Vlad then looked out of the glass window at the a soldier and an officer, also in suits, came to greet them. Vlad opened the door and stepped out.

"Comrade Captain Rosokosovski, it is a pleasure to have you with us." Said the officer.

"The pleasure is all mine, Comrade General Lerechenko."

Vlad saluted sharply and the General saluted back, smiling.

"Well, Vlad, the tests are just beginning."

Lerechenko put a hand on Vlad's shoulder as a reassuring Father would. Ever since Vlad had joined the Officer's Academy, Lerechenko had been just like a Father when he took Vlad under his wing. Vlad owed a lot to the man, for Vlad had moved up the ranks at a shockingly fast speed. Not to mention that Lerechenko had been there every step of the way.

Vlad looked out at the gray landscape and the neighboring evacuated town of Pripyat. He could see all of the abandoned buildings and broken streets. It still made him shiver in fear as he stared out on the eery landscape. It made him wonder why the Soviet Union had placed a Testing Facility here. Perhaps for its secrecy? Or maybe just for its unique abilities due to the radiation? Vlad didn't know, nor did he want to know. But he was here, and for the testing of his first bio-chemical device.

"Vlad, you should be proud. Today is the day that we test the "Super Soldier" project."

Back at the present.

Vlad shook his head out of the memory, it was so long ago that it seemed like a dream, or more like a nightmare.

"Yes, once we reach the base camp, I will tell you."

Vlad sighed and rested the AK-47 on his lap.

Sam silently pulled the Desert Eagle out of his jacket, ejecting the empty clip that would've been his demise earlier. He grabbed the magazine before it could clatter to the floor, and put a new magazine in. He had enough spare bullets for 22 magazines, but only five magazines to fill.

Sam looked at the merc woman next to him, who was surprised, as if he shouldn't be able to carry the thing. He put his finger to his lips. This'll be our little secret,he tought to himself. The bio-chem suit had now lost its sterility, but he knew something the Russians didn't. The virus had little to no life-span in the air, and the suit wouldn't protect against the main forms of attack the undead gave out liberally. He read that in one Newspaper article he found somewherre, it was a warning to the rest of humanity. One that made little difference now.

Sam's uncle was allowed to drive a car that they had stolen,that held everything they packed, including the guns. Sam prayed they wouldn't need to use it, but the impossible had happened, so..., likewise, so must the inevitable.

The shambling corpses that wandered the road were quicly dispatched by one quick run-over by the Humvee. Sam heard the far-off roar of a brute, and wished he could simply get ahold of a few more 6.5 Grendel rounds.

Yuri heard a distinct click. He twitch his head towards the prisoners. He looked at the burly American near him who they'd just picked up. He glared and nodded that he knew something was amuck, he then tapped Boris next to him, who took the cue. Boris took out his Tokarev pistol and placed it in plain sight on his lap, the barrel pointed at the prisoners. It was there as a warning. Yuri smiled and got back on the 50. as he watced the roofs.

Vlad began directing Zaitsev to the subway, it would only be a few minutes now.

Sighing, Smith started to tell his story. After he had spent a good ten minutes telling about his journey to the Fort, the General's phone rang.

"Excuse me." The General said as he picked up the phone.

Looking away from the General to be polite, Smith looked around the room, noticing a distinct lack of the obligatory pictures of the person with somebody important. There was only a single picture on the wall, and it was a picture of a GI wading ashore in Operation OVERLORD, almost 65 years ago.

After a click announced that the general was done with his conversation, Smith turned back to find the general's mood had degenerated from bad to "I'm=thoroughly-pissed-don't-ask-me-about-anything-or-I'll-kick-your-ass".

Knowing better than to ask a Three-star General what had happened, Smith just sat there and bid his time.

"How good's your Russian?" The General asked after a few moments.

"Passable." Smith said. "Not the best, but I did work with some Russian speakers during Afghanistan... only language we had in common. Why?"

He almost hit himself after adding the last bit, but the General didn't seem to mind.

"We had a few Russian special forces detained in Chicago a few hours ago. I just got off the phone with the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the facility they were detained in was overrun with these 'Zombies' an hour ago... but we have between 2 and 7 Russian Special Forces running around our nation as it is, with an unknown amount of others..." The General's voice trailed off as he sighed in frustration.

"Anyway, how do you mind Black Hawks?"

Atrianna couldn't believe it.

The fool next to her was actually going to try and load his gun with the Russians in the car.

And then he put a finger up to his lips as if to say Our little secret.

Didn't the fool realize that they were a bit safer with the russians then without them?!

Atrianna simply shook her head in mock despair as one of the russians, Boris she believed, took out his Tokarev pistol and placed it on his lap, with the barrel pointing at the man next to her.

The man quickly put the pistol down.

Vlad seems to know what he's doing, I'll follow his lead

Sam saw the Russian manning the .50 cal pull out his old Tokarev, definitely a powerful pistol. Sam had no wish for the Russians to be dead, he just didn't like being unarmed, and didn't want the Russians to take his Desert Eagle.

Sam thought back to when his father got it for him last Christmas, it was the best present he'd ever, barreling past even the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited still parked in his driveway at home. At least he hoped, if anyone stole it heads would roll.

Sam spoke up, again in Russian, " I know where you can get more ammo for your Kalashnikov. I see only a few magazines on you, of which you probably used most, and your Tokarev's won't last you forever. There's a S.W.A.T. place not too far from here, and a Cabela's, and I can get you in, I just have one condition." the driver looked back at him " I get my rifle, and can call my brother" Sam pulled out his cell phone, waiting for the answer.

Sam got not response except for a quick exchange of words between Boris and Vlad, and a laugh. Sam hated it when people laughed at him. He sighed and looked around at the humvee, for something he could use. Sam looked at the strap for the gunners seat, and noticed there was a flaw, one that could cause the gunner man to fall if yanked too hard.

Sam reached for the zipper on his Bio-Chem suit and pulled down excruciatingly slow, so that no noise could come from it, and he made sure no one was looking the entire time. He reached into the suit and undid the clasp that held his pistol in the holster. Sam placed his hand back next to him, and waited for the opportune moment.

NOW he thought a little later after they hit another zombie, causing a slight lurch in the humvee. His hand shot up and hit the strap, causing Yuri to fall and hit the pat separating the seats between Sam and Atrianna. He grabbed Yuri's Tokarev, and pulled Yuri between him and the man with the gun.

Sam reached with his free hand and pulled out his Desert Eagle, and aimed it at the driver with his right hand. With his left hand he pointed the Tokarev at Boris, and Yuri was held up by his throat because he was crossing his arms around him.

" All right, this will be done quite quickly and easily if nobody moves" Sam said in Russian.

Suddenly, Vlad was turned around aiming his Tokarev at Sam like Boris was. Sam had reason to fear, then he had even more of a reason to fear.

" LOOK OUT!!" he yelled in English, and ducked behind Yuri. Vlad looked forward just in time to see a Telephone pole that disagreed with the speed they were doing, but just too late to avoid said telephone pole.

BANG!!

Almost everyone was knocked out instantly, except for Sam, he had a soft human cushion preventing that.

Atrianna awoke to see that nearly everyone was out cold. The last thing she remembered was that idiot trying to take control of the vehicle.

She aimed one her pistols at him.

"You just don't seem to get it. The russians know what they're doing, Now if you try and pull anything like this again...I swear i'll shoot you right between the eyes."

Just for good measure, Atrianna cracked him over his head with the butt of her shotgun, effectivly knocking him out.

She quickly got up next to vlad and started trying to wake him up.

"Vlad...vlad...Wake up vlad!" Atrianna had to smack him across the face a few times to wake him up.

Vlad got up looking very confused.

Atrianna figured he must not remember what had happended.

"That idiot back there tried to take control of the humvee, I woke up and knocked him out. You alright?"

Vlad nodded once.

"Good, we need to wake the others up, there's no telling when our "Friends" out there are going to show up."

Vlad nodded dizzily once again.

"Are you sure your alright?"

Vlad nodded his head and went to wake up the russian on the 50cal. Atrianna quickly went to work trying to wake up Boris.

I hate helicopters.

That thought had been playing over and over in Smith's head as he was riding in the Black Hawk headed towards Chicago for the past few hours. While it wasn't the fastest mode of transportation ever invented in the world, it did move him, a few Green Berets and the boy he'd picked up at the gas station along with the pilots and two soldiers on M-60's.

He felt almost back at home in his uniform, the General had quickly re-activated him and had assigned him to "Detached Duty", with enough authority to do most anything he needed.

He looked out the door of the UH-60 and down to the street, they weren't that far off the ground, only a good 100 feet or so. He could make out a HMMWV that had crashed into a telephone pole.

"Captain Brightling, if you could take us down?" He phrased it like a request, but he knew that the pilot would treat it as a mandate from God.

Slowly the UH-60 touched down on the street, thankfully there weren't many Zombies around...

Grabbing an M-4A1 from the rack on the wall, Smith walked over to the HMMWV and peered inside...

There were several people in Bio-chem suits -the Ruskies he supposed-; a woman with a shotgun had been talking to one of the Ruskies prior to his approach.

He rapped on the frame of the vehicle and made a quick gesture to the M-60 gunners on the helo to both cover him.

"You mind telling me who you are to have stolen military property?" He opened the conversation.

Sam awoke later, with a nasty bump on his head. He was in a Helo, making its way towards,... he didn't know. and he didn't care. Sam was just happy to be rid of the Russians.

At leas so he thought. then he noticed Yuri tied up next to him, as was some unknow russian soldier.

" Dang it!" Sam said in Russian, just so they could hear it. Sam reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet, opening it up and showing his military ID.

" I am Lt. Sam Larson, I was forcively thrown in that busted up Humvee you saw back there, and tried to comandeer if back." He glanced over at Yuri. " after we crashed some She-merc knocked me out, I want all of those scoundrels locked up!"

" Yeah Yeh buddy, guess what? They know soemthing aobu tthis, so there getting dropped off soon enough, oh and lookey here, guess who just pulled guard duty for the RUssians, Its you . So shut up and hunker down, your in for one rough night"

Sam looked at the russians again, proud that he could repay the favor of everything that had happened, but also sad, he wouldn't be able to hit Atrianna, she wasn't one of the Russians.

"Wait where is my Uncle?" Sam inquired in Russian. Yuri laughed.

" I killd him, he was annoying, like you!" Befoer Sam knew what had happened, Sam was holding Yuri by his throat and then dropping him out of the Helo, plumetting down a hundred meters utnil he met his fate at the hands of an anxiously awaiting Demon.

Atrianna could see that Yuri was down on the ground and he was having trouble breathing.

Atrianna was usually able to suprise people, she didn't look strong, but she could lift about 300 punds.

And yet even she was having trouble with Yuri

She managed to get the injured Russian to the humvee,

"He's alive, but he's pretty badly beat up."

Vlad then suprised her with a question she had never seen coming.

"Why are you helping him?"

"Because...I feel like you and your men are some of the only people I can really trust, you and your men treated me well, even when you thought I was infected. Anyone else would have blown my brains out. I've got your back on this, till the very end."

And then Atrianna heard someone rapping on the window.

She quickly moved over into the driver's side of the humvee and quietly started the engine.

Vlad was currently in no condition to drive, he was still a bit dizzy after the crash.

She mouthed a question at him

Should we make a break for it?

Sam Walked into the Camp, he was talking to Sgt. Jackson.

" I want those Russians dead, and that nasty merc woman, Atrianna. The other guy I could care less, but since he seems to be siding with them, the more in the grave the better."

Jackson stopped him there. " Listen, I know your upset about your uncle, and the other survivors, but we're sending you out after them soon enough, just a simple watch mission, no shooting and no killing, just see what their up to. I was hardly able to get you the mission as it is. You killed the Russian, He was protected by the government of Russia, they have a right to be here!"

Sam looked down. He thought of the last thing Atrianna said to him before she knocked him out.

"...The Russians know what they're doing..." Sam sighed, she was right. He was just pissed off about the world, and was going crazy from how the Russians were acting to him. They had no right to pull him off the street.

Sam sighed again.

" Alright, when do I Head out?" Sam inquired. So I can finish what I started! He thought to himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Nothing Against you Commander Q, My Characters just in a Blind Rage, But don't worry It will blow over in a few post or so.

He saw the woman mouth out "Should we make a break for it". While his lip reading was imperfect, his rather slap-dash training by a relatively friendly NCO did allow him to read it out slightly.

He sighed and drew out his .45 and shot the window, twice, breaking it. He then put it back in his holster and drew out the M-4.

"Alright!" He yelled in Russian. "Out of the Humvee! And keep your hands where I can see them!"

((Jedi: What the heck is going on???? I'm rather... lost with what your character is doing... and, for the record, it's Lieutenant Colonel Hannibal Smith, not Sergeant.))

Alright quick break from the story, for a few posts atleast. Alright. so forever, you showed up, and i skipped ahead, to where we were flying off in the helo, sorry for the skip, and everyone was in the helo, but then Chevron had herself and Vlad back in the Humvee, so I modified my story, and sorry about the rank mix up, i was going by memory and was drawing the Seargent rank from your conversation with the guard.

Anyway, So i was heading back to base so i could get some quick 5 minute R&R, and then would be shoved out to folow the Russians to see wehre they are heading. and just for Clarification, I killed yuri, sorry, but when he fell a hundred meters ( about 300 feet or so) he landed next to a Demon ( the long tongued freaks) and would be killed even if he survived the fall. Plus I was pissed off because the story was going in 100 different directions, none of them the desired on for me, but hey thats life when you have zombies:D

anyway, anyone want to put in a quick few pointers or something do so know, the next few posts are going to be a Q&A type of thing, just seeing where we are heading with the story and what not.

Edit: Now I'm Confused, alright, so I hitched a ride to the Camp after this, because i snuck away, lets go with that, and I still killed Yuri, but now i'm changing the Seargent Guy so it will flow a bit better, this story is really getting messed up

Archived