Home

Zombies Walk!

Jedi_Man

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam went out to follow the Russian team, if he was right, which he was, he'd be on their trail in a few minutes.

Sam breathed in the fresh night air, the coolness clearing his mind. The slight scent of pine was overpowered by the stench of rot, but it still calmed much more. Sam loaded up his M8, A 5.56x45mm Assault rifle made to replace the M16.

Sam jumped out of the Helo, with a team of four men, all armed similarly, except for SGT. Jackson, who was armed with an M60. Sam grabbed the rope infront of him, slowing his descent from a splat ont he ground to light foot tap. Sam ran over to the nearest vehicle, a large Hummer, with a sun roof.

Sam entered the unlocked driver door, and pulled down the visor, where the keys fell out.

Sam set his M8 next to him, and inserted the keys into the ignition. the other men all came in, all buckling in except for Jackson, who jumped inbetween the two men in the back, opening the sunrood for a quick MG port.

Sam smiled. He was clear minded now, he didn't intend on killing the Russian, but if one of them even reached for their Kalashnikovs, or if that Merc-Woman even looked like she was thinking about clonking him he wouldn't be able to resist shooting out their knee-caps.

Sam shook his head, the thought was ludicrous ,after all, no one will stand up against for heavily armed men, one with an MG, and the others with Assault rifles, and Sam staying as far back as possible with his M24 Sniper.

Sam shook his head again, He shouldn't even think about it, before he was trying to be impressive and trying to be a hero, now he would be a Recon Soldier, simply watch and retrieve, no shooting unless shot at. And Sam knew the Russians, and Atrianna, Wouldn't be able to resist blowing him full of wholes.

" We'll be starting off slowly" Sam informed the team as he started the Hummer, driving off in the general direction of the Russian Spec-Ops.

Sam Just hoped He wouldn't have to Kill everyone.

They had managed to lose their pusuers.

Vlad had quietly told her to gun the engine and make a break for it.

And they had made it, despite being shot at, despite losing Yuri, despite the fact that the infected were everywhere, they had made it.

Now the Humvee was parked at what was now being called "Base camp 1" along with the surviving russian solders.

Atrianna had stayed behind to watch for signs of pursuit. And look at that...it was her lucky day!

Vlad had let her use a sniper rifle that they had found in the back of the humvee...Atrianna was already skilled with weapons like this, so it wasn't much of an issue.

The man who had killed Yuri was in her targeting scope right at this moment. He looked so confident in the window of the humvee...so secure...He had no idea what was about to happen to him.

"For Yuri," she whispered as she pulled the trigger.

Atrianna watched a dark splot of blood appear in the window of the humvee, she saw the man who had killed Yuri sag in his seat. she could hear shouting and yelling from the humvee

Atrianna quickly hurried back toward the russian camp

There was a bright searing flash of pain, then Sam was out, he was knocked out. Sam awoke later, his right arm was in pain, they were miles from the Supposed Base Camp one.

" Guess what guys, We've Been shot at, We can kill them all!" Jackson said to everyone, but mostly to Sam. Sam was in charge of the mission after all.

" Hand me my rifle, I don't care about the Russians, The Merc is Mine, only she would've been able to make such a shot. And screw the ROE how abouts? Where are we?" Sam said. Jackson showed him a map, they were two miles from the Russians. Sam grabbed his cross necklace and kissed it for good luck. Sam stood up, and he sat back down instantly, holding back a scream of pain. Sam put his M8 behind him and grabbed the M24.

Sam and the rest of the squad made there way towards the camp, no fire was coming on them. They made it with in a half a mile of the camp and left Sam there to snipe any resistance. This time Sam had his full body armor one, no shot would get to him. Sam took aim and waited for the signal, a Cs ( tear gas) can flew into the midst of the soldiers and the merc. Sam would make sure that Atrianna died, or at least scream like a baby, if it was the last thing he did. Sam kissed his cross for good luck one last time before sighting in.

Smith frowned and sighed as the HMMWV sped away. "Well, that went great." He muttered.

He then walked over to a body on the ground that he'd just noticed. Dragging him to the Helo he wrestled with the body before eventually getting him into a seat and buckling him in.

"Pilot." He said through his mike.

"Yes?"

"Can you follow that Humvee?"

"Sure thing, that MF'er is practically putting up a sign saying 'Here I am!'"

"Do it." Smith ordered and turned back to the body sitting in the chair.

Cursing to himself again, Smtih reached into the man's back pocket and withdrew his wallet. Flipping it open, he extracted his military ID. "Lieutenant Sam Larsen." He muttered to himself before putting the ID back into the wallet and the wallet back into Larsen's pocket.

Where do I know that name from...

A few hours earlier, back on the Helo

"Why did you do that?" the Lieutenant Colonel asked Sam. Why would he even bother with such a question, the man claimed to have killed his uncle.

" Are you deaf? He said he killed my uncle!" Sam shouted over the roar of the motor wings.

Smith looked at him, then said " Your Uncle is in the Other helo, he's perfectly fine. The Russky was just getting on your nerves, and from the story he told us, he kinda had good reason!"

Sam stayed quiet for most of the rest of the ride to the camp.

In the present...

Sam sighted in on the merc, she was already putting her gas mask on, but the russians were too confident, they had left them in ther packs by their tent.

Jackson and the rest of the team filed in, three men armed with automatic weapons. Atrianna fired her Sawed-Off Double Barrel Shotgun, easily hitting the nearest soldier in the chest, not killing him though. His kevlar prevented that.

The russians, including the captain, were on the ground crawling around for their mask. The squad were binding them up, including the she-merc. Her double-barrel had run out long ago. As had her luck.

Alright...so where the heck am I in the midst of all of this? We were all in the humvee and it was going smoothly until suddenly people started getting shot and what-not.

From what I can tell, you were in the Humvee I unsucessfully hijacked, so your still with the Russians, and Atrianna. so you'd be at Base Camp 1, But not at the fire with the Russians/Atrianna. They were the only ones mentioned. Do with that what you will

Coryn awoke in the Humvee. He had rammed his head sharply into the seat in front of him. It was no wonder that he had been out for so long. He raised his head and then cursed. The pain was like a sharp metal pole gouging through his skull. At last, however, he arose and looked around.

What the heck? What happened?

There was no one in the humvee. But there was one thing: a Tokorev pistol. Grabbing the weapon, he got out of the vehicle and searched. He was, presumably, at the Russians' base. And then he heard weapons' fire.

Running, he noticed a fight occurring between US military soldiers and the Russians. And Atrianna. Soon the US soldiers had all of them bound. He could hear the US soldiers talking, but he couldn't make out what they were saying. They were not facing him. But Atrianna, luckily, was. He motioned quickly, and she glanced at him.

The US soldiers had no idea that there was one enemy left. Assuming that he was siding with the Russians, of course. But, all things taken into account, he'd better be safe than sorry.

If I am going to do something, I had better do it now.

As the US soldiers all turned their backs to the prisoners for a brief time, he waited to see if the Russians would give him a signal.

Sam slowly made his way towards the camp, his whole body hurt from what Atrianna did to him. When he was 100 feet out he noticed everybody, except for Atrianna, was looking at their captors. She was looking towards the bushes, with a smirk on her face. Sam could guess who was there. WHen he got to the camp, the soldiers had already sent most of the russians to their tents, bound and gagged. Atrianna was left out, Sam would have a word with her later. Suddenly, a gunshot rang out, as did a scream ,a heavily Russian accented scream. Sam ran into the tent to find Mendez, one of the soldiers, standing over a Russian corpse. Not the Captain's.

Coryn noticed Atrianna smirking.

What should I do?

Then, he waited. Like always. He waited for the event to pass. He knew that he didn't have the courage to do what needed to be done. But now wasn't the time. He needed the right opportunity, and then....

The prisoners were moved to tents, all except Atrianna. Then, as he moved forward, taking cover as he went, he noticed a man standing somewhere off to the right.

Then there was a gunshot. And the man ran into a tent.

This is my chance.

Coryn bolted forward, did his best to get Atrianna unbound. She wasn't completely free, but she could move.

They both ran into the trees. Coryn noticed a guard running towards them. With his gun raised.

Coryn pointed. And fired. The guard dropped. They kept running. If they were to rescue the others, they had to maintain caution and patience.

I just hope the Russians last that long.

Sam shot Mendez on site. The Russians were to be kept alive, not killed.

Jackson ran in, his M60 trained on Sam. Sam dropped his Colt, his hands behind his head. Then he grabbed his knife, where he kept it strapped to his vest behind him. He plunged the knife deep into Jackson's hand, slamming the blade into the pole supporting the tent.

Christ! Everyone here is Crazy! Sam thought to himself as he picked up Jackson's knife, and his own Colt. Sam ran to the Captains tent, cutting the binding that held him, then he was being throttled by the captain.

" T-truce!" Sam managed to sputter out in a hasty Russian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Anyone know where CQ is? This is his turn to decide wether i'm going to miraculously survive being left behind, or if i get a second chance ( I'm really hoping for the second one)

((I'm still wondering why the hell you got the job of leading an "attack" on the Russian's base camp.))

Smith ground his teeth, that Nineteen year-old Punk had decided that leading a charge into a Russian camp was a good idea! Gesturing to the four Green Berets on board his helo, he ordered the pilot to let them get off and provide covering fire, if needed.

He led the four Green Berets into the base camp. Then, the distinctive chatter of Automatic Weapons was heard.

"Oh damn." He muttered. He turned the safety off on his M-4 and heard the Green Berets do the same behind him.

Suddenly, a man wearing combat fatigues walked out of a tent, hoisting an M-4. Making sure it wasn't Larsen, Smith raised a hand in greeting.

The man shot at him!

He missed, thankfully, but it deserved a response. Smith dropped his bead right on the man's head and depressed his trigger, firing 3 bullets into him.

"Move out, free the Russians if you can and explain the situation. If you find Lieutenant Larsen, incapacitate him, he seems to have gone beyond his orders."

Smith cursed to himself as he spit into the ground. He hated it when kids took matters into their own hands.

( Didn't shoot at you yet forever, just the other guys killing the russians, and I quess the camp was stretched thin on guards, so they sent me out. Plus, I have the Experimental M8 assault rifle, not an m4, so it must be some wacko, or you can change it to me)

Sam stepped out of the tent, Vlad trailing close behind. Their AK's were nearby, thankfully, and the other guy, Coryn, and Atrianna stepped out. Sam took the moment to quickly explain what had happened. There would be a momentary truce between them. Suddenly, the chopper came into view.

Sam didn't like the look of hte Pilot, Or the LtCol. Suddenly, the distinctive whirr of an M134 Vulcan ( A Minigun) was heard over the loud noise of the chopper blades.

" Ah, hell!" SAm exclaimed before running into the nearby Humvee. THere was almost no protection against heavier SABOT rounds, which Sam was pretty sure a minigun doesn't fire, but it might just get them out of here for hte moment.

"He's breaking for it." Smith lined up a shot on Larsen, aiming for a non-lethal shot and depressed the trigger, a single shot fired and hit him in the side, thankfully away from any vital organs.

Rushing over to the now-fallen Lieutenant, Smith looked down at his other side and whistled slightly. There was a Large -with a capital L- hole in his side. Pulling out a morphine injector from his kit, Smith injected it into his system and picked him up in a fireman's carry, praying that he didn't royally screw-up Larsen's body.

Laying him in the Helo and giving the pilot orders to take him to the nearest hospital, Smith turned to face the others who were assembled.

"It seems that the young Lieutenant has surpassed his orders." He said a little curtly. "Now, if you could provide a proper explanation this time instead of just leaving?"

((Never intended it to be you Jedi, just the fourth member of the team.))

Vlad cursed loudly as he back away slowly. He was undeniably infuriated.

Yuri was dead. It hadn't hit him until now. Not only was Yuri one of the best men of the group, but he was also a good friend. A deep emptiness filled Vlad's heart. And it was then filled with anger.

"The Americans will pay."

Vlad stuck a hand in his uniform and produced a small radio. A radio meant for situations of extreme danger to an operation.

It crackled to life.

"Comrade Major, this radio is under protocol 17 of a Red Light Alert status. Current situation?"

Vlad kept the small radio hidden.

"Command, we are currently in the hands of American troops again. They are indeed a scum to the operation. Do I have permission to engage in Operation Tarnished Eagle?"

The man on the other side of the radio didn't respond immediatley.

"Yes, that Operation has been cleared for engagement. Commence as soon as possible to Staging Area 1. Over and out."

The radio died and Vlad tossed it into a nearby refuse pile.

Vlad followed the American very carefully now, perhaps an oppurtunity would present itself soon.

"American, you tell us your buisness before you expect us to follow anything."

Atrianna had been watching Vlad, He had just lost a good friend there was no telling if he would do anything drastic.

But Vlad seemed to be in control of his emotions at the moment, but there was no telling how long that was going to last.

She watched Vlad throw away a small radio, and to Atrianna's eyes, he looked angry.

Atrianna waited until he was done shouting and then she walked up to him

"I just want you to know, I'm going to help you get even for Yuri, no matter what it takes. If it makes you feel any better, I did manage to get a shot off at the man who killed him and I did manage to hurt him. The next shot is yours"

Vlad nodded a thank you to Attriana's kindness.

"Thank you for trying, but the kill won't be necesarry for now. I thank you nonetheless."

Vlad turned back towards the American choppers. Her voice and sayings had indeed calmed him down quite a bit, but their was still a fight to be had. And Vlad needed an idea, fast.

( Going by Forever's story, I was captured, sorry CQ)

( And sorry for that Forever, I read it wrong.)

Sam woke up, once again in pain ,but this time, there were no Russians. Nor was there a Helo to transport him. Now he was in a cell, like the ones jails had.

" How the hell did I get here?" Sam thought to himself. Then a voice crackled as if over an Intercom.

" Well, you were shot down, nothing fatal mind you, but you killed your squad, that is unacceptable!"

" But-" Sam began, but he was interrupted by the voice.

" But nothing, you will be held for a trial, then most likely executed. Or thrown to the zombies, wich ever one."

Sam looked down, he was peeved. WHere had this become a giant cluster crap.

" Right after the Humvee" Sam muttered to himself. If he wasn't trying to be so heroic, if he hadn't tried to look impressive for the merc, they'd probably be safe at Base Camp 1, no problems involved, just the Russians working on whatever and them probably free to do whatever.

" Too late now, I'll live with the consequences of not hinking with your brain and instead, thinking with your b-" But Sam was interrupted again by the voice.

" We've got a Medic to treat some of your wounds." The door buzzed, and it unlocked to show a beautiful nurse, carrying a bottle of meds and some water.

" Well, maybe this isn't so bad after all" Sam mused to himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: The story seems to be panning out now, or at least its not in shambles, I'll be less of a dufus from now on. Promise.

PPS: IT's Actually Spelled Larson, not Larsen, just for your info Forever.

PPS: Ok, thanks for that info Forever. I wonder how my character will do now... He's probably dead anyway. Besides, Jackson wasn't killed, just stabbed in the hand, and Mendez went SEC 8, so he was a probable threat that was dealt with quickly, albeit wrongly. But then again, I don't think the Army provided those new plastic tie hancuffs for the mission, just enough for the Russians.

"American, you tell us your buisness before you expect us to follow anything."

Smith frowned briefly. Follow??? He then smiled as the proverbial fog lifted. "Ah, you see, Russian, I was sent by JCOS (He said it Jay-Koss) to check out what the hell Russian Special Forces were doing on American soil, considering that it was your bomb that Al-Qaeda set off we're reasonably suspicious. Now, add in that you stole American Military Property and kidnapped several American citizens and an Officer." Not that that boy can be called an Officer, deserting and going into a killing spree. "Well, it doesn't take a genius to see that your case is severely lacking on my end."

Smith hadn't been able to catch the entire conversation that the Russian had had on the radio prior to their 'conversation' but he was able to get the words 'American' 'Scum' and 'Tarnished Eagle'

"And, two more things, if you don't mind." Smith said, hoping that he hadn't spaced out too much. "Why the hell do the Russians have an entire complex set up here and what does 'Tarnished Eagle' mean." He said 'Tarnished Eagle' in their Russian form.

((Jedi: You mess up on my rank, I mess up on your name... fair's fair. Oh, and you'd be tried under the UCMJ, which doesn't provide for a jury trial.))

Yuri Schmitz walked and his combat team marched out of a building, it was surrouned by barbed wire and the windows were borded up also. "Ok guys you know the job head out into the streets and look for a highway out of here." Yuri said. He heard about the quarintine that had been placed a few hours ago. He aimed his MP5 at the zombie that was approaching him. He shot at least 15 rounds at it. "They're adapting, getting smarter." Lieutenant Vincent said. Vincent took his sqaud and they parted ways. Yuri sat in the back of the pickup truck his sqaud was using. A noise came over the radio, "This is Corporal John Mitchell of the M.P.D. i have found a route of the city through the hospitia i will wait at the entrance of the hospitial for only 30 minuetes then im out of here!" Yuri glanced at the rado he loaded a clip into his MP5, "We're going hospitial Vincent divert your sqaud from the highway search and head to the hospitial."

The American definately had the facts stacked against Vlad. But he was slightly incorrect on the Americans, but Vlad wasn't in the mood for correcting. He hated to divulge information of the Russian Special Forces, but everything seemed pretty public, and he may need to kill the people here should they cause a problem.

"Well, American, I will divulge a little to you. The world knows America isn't powerful enough to handle this new infestation. It is too widespread and must be stopped. So, the UN held a meeting onto who should be the one to handle the problems. My Motherland volunteered, and I was given the task. Our mission has few objectives, such as to find the cure for this disease. Also, to handle and destroy any form of leadership in the zombie hordes, which I doubt there are, but they're evolving very very fast."

Vlad paused to let it sink in, "And the final precaution, to save my Motherland's reputation as a savior of the world. My orders are simple along those lines. Destroy anything and everything that should hinder the success of the operation. Even if that hinderance is the entire United States Army. So, please, cooperate."

The final order brought another wave of distant memories to mind, and the American officer speaking to him reminded him all too much of a man that Vlad knew many years ago.

Chernobyl Secret Test Facility, Many Years Earlier

Young 18-year-old Vladimir Rosokosvski stood with Major General Lerechenko in the main testing facility. They stared into a room that was surrounded by a glass barrier with a gaurd at each corner, patrolling as usual.

Then the door behind them opened, and out walked all of the Soviet Unions' highest ranking officers. They had come to observe this new "Super-Soldier" chemical.

The man with the most medals on his chest came over to shake General Lerechenko's hand.

"Ah! Comrade General, it is good to see you again!"

The Fieldmarshal shaking Lerechenko's hand then looked at young Vladimir.

"Ah, Comrade Captain! It is good to finally meet the illustrious Rosokosovski! Lerechenko has told us much on your exploits!"

Vladimir smiled and shook the Fieldmarshal's hand.

"It is an honor to meet you Fieldmarshal Konstantinov."

It was indeed a great honor to shake the Marshal's hand. This man had been involved in practically every fight since the end of WW2, making him one of the great heroes of the Motherland. It only made sense that he wanted to see this chemical that would boost the fighting capability of his troops.

Vlad shook hands with the rest of the High "Brass." He then had them all seated in front of the glass test facility.

Vlad stood in front of them all, "Comrades, today you will witness the single most important chemical of our time. It will boost our army's strength indefinately, and shower our treasuries coffer's with money that will keep us funded perhaps for the next millenia. Every army and country will seek to have it from us, bringing in money that will help us enlarge the already massive Soviet Army. It will make us the most powerful country in the world!"

Vlad paused and brought a hand to point at the test facility.

"I present to you the Super-Soldier serum."

A door in the test facility opened and two Russian soldiers dragged in a resisting skinny and scrawny prisoner from the Serbian death camps. It was ideal to transform such a weak man into the first of the Army's Elite. The two Russian soldiers put the man on a table. They then strapped the man down, so as to prevent escape during testing.

Then a man in a white lab coat walked into the glass test facility, carrying a small syringe. All the Russian guards prepped their weapons and aimed them at the prisoner, if the experiment should go wrong.

The man in the lab coat walked next to the prisoner on the table and pulled up the man's sleeve. He then stuck the syringe in his arm and let the chemical course through the prisoner's body. The lab coated man stepped away and watched.

The unexpected happened, and the prisoner began to writhe back and forth, trying to get out of the straps. But it was no use. The prisoner then began to mutate, his body parts becoming larger and stronger, but at the same time creating a monster of unknown preportions.

Vlad stood horrified as he watched the creation of the first brute.

Back at the present...

Vlad shook his head hard and refused to remember the rest that happened. The rest would have to come for another time.

He became angry again.

"Operation Tarnished Eagle is for my knowledge, and mine alone, American."

Vlad took a step back and stared at the Chopper nearby, then at the holding cells where his men and weapons were being kept. An idea came to mind.

Sam looked as the nurse put pain killer in a syringe and stuck it in his side.

"Gahh! What the Hell happened to my side?" Sam yelled out.

The voice came over the intercom again.

" You can thank LtCol. Smith for that. Be happy you lived, you almost died on the table."

Sam was peeved. If he got a shot at the LtCol, he'd take it. Sam shook his head. That's what got him in trouble in the first place. He laid back down on the cot and rested, dreaming of death and blood. And his girlfriend.

God, I hope she's alive! He thougt to himself.

Smith saw the Russian's eyes stray over to the... "Jesu Christo! Are those holding pens?"

He confirmed it to himself before speaking into his radio to get the Green Berets over to his position. "Let them out." He said. "Just, don't give them their weapons until you think they're less inclined to go on a murderous rampage."

The Green Beret he was talking to, a Captain, nodded before turning with his three men and doing just that.

"Listen, Russian, I've been up since Oh-dark-thirty yesterday, so, excuse me if I'm rude, but what in Dante's Nine-circles are you doing setting up a base here on American Soil?"

Then the rest of the Captain's statement sunk in. Secure my motherland's reputation as the savior... as the savior "Mon dieu." He whispered. "It was on purpose, wasn't it." He spoke in a louder voice. "You bastards sold it on purpose to Al-Qaeda."

Vlad glared at the American.

He's a good thinker, but he knows too much. The KGB would've liked him, a pity they're gone.

Nonetheless, Vlad kept his mouth shut while he thought carefully. Then he knew how he would answer.

"Orders are orders, but it's not what it seems."

Vlad watched the gaurds let his men out. He could tell that his men were also frustrated over Yuri's death, also that they were temporarily prisoners.

Vlad looked at the American officer again, "It would take too long to explain."

Once again, the image of the officer accompanying Fieldmarshal Konstantinov at the Chernobyl test flashed through Vlad's mind.

Smith matched the Russian's glare with one of his own.

"Give me the condensed version. Make no mistake, Russian, you are a prisoner. You may have a weapon and you may be 'free' but you are a prisoner until I decide that you will go free. And if I don't get a damn good explanation you're not going to see outside a cell in Leavenworth for a long time"

((Hey, I'm not going to be on for the next few days. Just thought it worth noting.))

Archived