Home

ATI Radeon X1800 with KOTOR & TSL?

ZimmMaster

Where would you find one of those nowadays? And, if it's used, how much are you paying for it? I'm asking because there are far newer cards available on the cheap here in the states, and possibly in Europe as well.

Good point Qliveur. While looking up the Radeon X1800, a quick search yielded results of around $80-$100 for the card. Unless you got a significantly better deal, it may be better to go for a Radeon 4670 HD, which is what I'm getting for Christmas this year, a card available for $80 that is much better than what you're looking at.

- Star Admiral

Good point Qliveur. While looking up the Radeon X1800, a quick search yielded results of around $80-$100 for the card. Unless you got a significantly better deal, it may be better to go for a Radeon 4670 HD, which is what I'm getting for Christmas this year, a card available for $80 that is much better than what you're looking at.

- Star Admiral

Here is the link for the card I planned on getting: http://www.compuvest.us/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=343932 But if you could post a link where you found the Radeon 4670 HD for $80, I would appreciate it

EDIT: I found it fairly cheap and what I really need to know is if it is compatable with the KOTOR games. Mainly TSL. If it is compatable, I will get it.

EDIT: I found it fairly cheap and what I really need to know is if it is compatable with the KOTOR games. Mainly TSL. If it is compatable, I will get it.

Kotor really doesn't require much in terms of GPU. Even today's low end nVidia and Ati cards will do for that game (they might not cut it for recent games tough).

What you should verify is if the card is compatible with your hardware: do you have a PCI-e or an AGP slot, is your PSU sufficient to power up the GPU you're looking at, would the new GPU be really worth it...if you have an old P4 or Pentium D and/or are playing at a low resolution, there might now be much point in buying a hgh end card. However, for what is considered today a midrange card, the 4670 is definitely a good choice and outperforms the x1800.

Archived