Home

WW2 - Who really won it?

jonathan7

Oh no, I quite appreciate every opinion and those I might contradict as much as those which may agree with me. I think all minds have equal value in considerations that are involved in arriving at celebrated understanding. It is a harsh truth that science can be brutal, but the human factor is freedom of expression. It is necessary to appreciate yours ;) How could I even consider myself intelligent otherwise (all thread contributions are valuable, always, no lie, and teach me on a daily basis many things I am glad for).

Split from; http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2567152&posted=1#post2567152 -- j7

Partially right; Britain couldn't of won on her own, however the U.S. didn't win the war in Europe; Russia did.

Cutting to the main question - Who won World War 2?

We all did. We all had to stand together; thus, we were able to overthrow the Nazis. U.S. involvement helped to rally demoralized nations. It was an injection of hope and motivation. Not one nation stood by itself. It was all or none.

The United States had a fully operational industrial capacity that was effectively out of range of any air attack by the Axis Powers. We quite simply had inexhaustible resources to throw at the situation.

The British quite simply could have held Britain because of air superiority, but they couldn't open a second front, they lacked long range fighters and bombers that the Americans ended up building.

Archived