Home

[TSL] SCAR Gun Model

TriggerGod

Yes, I have a request... been a while. What I would like is the SCAR rifle from Crysis to be made for TSL. I tried making the model myself, but all I was able to do successfully was the scope attachment and the clip. So I ask one of the better modelers of KOTOR to make this assault rifle.

Here is a reference pic... (warning, long image is long)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
scar.jpg

If someone does do this, you don't have to do the laser attachment (the part on the bottom), or the silencer (there aren't many good pics of the SCAR without the silencer, so any kind of barrel will do.)

All you would need to do is the model (and UV Map/texture, because I'm not that good and UV Mapping/texturing guns...) and export it. I can do the rest.

edit: I find it kind of odd that I want a gun from a high end game like Crysis in a low end game like TSL :p

Hey, TriggerGod, maybe I'll take on this "challenge". I just have to kno a few things, 1 is it ok if it takes a few days for this to be done? Do you care how many polygons are there? and do I have to texture/UVW Map?

Thanks,

-Pete

(This is not a guarantee that I will do/finish, this, but I will let you know in a few days if I will do/finish this model :) )

1 is it ok if it takes a few days for this to be done?

a quality work done slower is better then a crappy one done faster, right? In there, you have your answer. ;)

Do you care how many polygons are there?

Not really, but try not to make it a ridiculous amount.

and do I have to texture/UVW Map?[/Quote]

Not really, I guess I can try and UV Map it.

Hey, Sorry it took so long, I finished the model in about 1-2 hrs... So, sorry for the long wait, I had some family matters to attend to... anyway here are some screenshots (UNTEXTURED) If you want something to be edited let me know and I will do it... also, I will send you the link to the Gun Model (.3ds) and give you the password via the Private Messaging System

---Screenshots---

Scar_Front.jpg

Scar_Left.jpg

-Pete

I guess it doesn't really matter, but when modeling guns for KotOR, triggers and even trigger guards aren't really necessary as they'll most likely be clipped over by the character's hand and the game engine itself doesn't lend itself well to small details. So often times such small details are just a waste of polys, but if that's no issue then it doesn't matter I guess, either way the model looks good :)

In this render it is 13,000, but I am expecting him to turn down the "MeshSmooth" modifier so it will only be about 800-2,000 poly's the funny thing is I left out most of the details ;) 800 poly's will not cause KotOR to lag actually I have imported weapons that are about 4,000 polygons to KotOR and got very little lag, if any :)

-Pete

EDIT: TriggerGod if you want the poly's to be reduced then let me know, I will create it again with fewer polygons. or take off the MeshSmooth Modifier

EDIT [2]: Well, it seems that when I export to .3ds it automatically turns everything into an editable poly LOL, I will upload another .3ds file with less poly's and send u the link and password (SORRY)

Archived