Home

Force Fashion 2

jonathan7

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another slight touch up...

Mira Experiment, kind of along Space Alex's suggestion....

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=2816

This looks good, but I've got two suggestions for you:

• The below-the-belt part of the tunic is a noticeably different shade of green than the rest of the outfit. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but on the side views that you posted of the first version, the difference in shades really brought out the area where the below-the-belt section abruptly ends (because as you now there is no back half). This is, of course, a limitation of the model, but you might want to bring the shades closer together so as to not "shine a light" on this particular shortcoming.

• The leather tabard looks good, but I think it could use a bit more work. I can tell you used the clone brush to push the leather texture along that area, and while the idea is good, it's left some triangular-shaped areas that noticeably repeat two to four times; four to eight if you count the fact that it's also mirrored. I'd suggest going over it with the clone brush a few more times, and maybe smudge it lightly in places as well. If you get rid of the mirror effect, I think it will go a long way.

Hope this helps. :)

last Mira robe looks excellent! I would spare out the neck part though...

This is one of those classic problems where different people think different things, people seem to be quite divided over Mira's robe.

I liked the first Malak robe better than the second version (it doesn't have to be exactly Malak for me but I don't what you were going for)

They are seperate Robes, one is Malak's armour and the other is Malak's Jedi Robe - though there are better mods out there for the armour so thats now defunct.

the last Qui-Gon is way better than the first ones... I liked them too but the lines of the inner robes were much too sharp imo

Thanks for the input :)

This looks good, but I've got two suggestions for you:

[*]The below-the-belt part of the tunic is a noticeably different shade of green than the rest of the outfit. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but on the side views that you posted of the first version, the difference in shades really brought out the area where the below-the-belt section abruptly ends (because as you now there is no back half). This is, of course, a limitation of the model, but you might want to bring the shades closer together so as to not "shine a light" on this particular shortcoming.

Thanks for the input, I'm kind of torn between improving it or not - I'll review Mira's Robe in game and see what I think - there are quite a few differences between the earlier variations and the later variations of Mira's Robe.

[*]The leather tabard looks good, but I think it could use a bit more work. I can tell you used the clone brush to push the leather texture along that area, and while the idea is good, it's left some triangular-shaped areas that noticeably repeat two to four times; four to eight if you count the fact that it's also mirrored. I'd suggest going over it with the clone brush a few more times, and maybe smudge it lightly in places as well. If you get rid of the mirror effect, I think it will go a long way.

To be honest the tabbard is looking like that intentionally, on most of the Robes I've had to create creases in the Robes, so the tabbard is meant to reflect that - again I'll review it in game again and make a decision.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the input :)

there are quite a few differences between the earlier variations and the later variations of Mira's Robe.

I figured the picture I saw wouldn't be entirely accurate anymore, but all the same I thought I'd mention it. :p

To be honest the tabbard is looking like that intentionally, on most of the Robes I've had to create creases in the Robes,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. :confused:

Are you saying that the texture tiles intentionally, or that it's mirrored intentionally?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. :confused:

Are you saying that the texture tiles intentionally, or that it's mirrored intentionally?

Both IIRC - its a long time since I did the tabbard - the effect is meant to be a kind of wavvey crease thing in the leather, as well as a sort of underlying mirror pattern - in a lot of the Robes I had to add ruffles in the fabric; Clearly I wasn't massively succesful on the tabbard.

Archived