Home

Good Game But...

Light_Jigi

$15 X 12 + $50 = $230 first year. $180 every year after.

No thanks!

$50 per year + 2 games a year = $170. For me at least.

That's how much I pay for my 360. If wanted to do both it would be $350 every year.

YIKES!!!!

Now lets compare the content hours.

1 SP game, 50hrs of content on the high side.

1 MMO game, HUNDREDS(if not thousands) of hours of content. That content gets updated regularly.

SP game is like a video(DVD/blueray/movie tickets)

MMO is like Cable TV(satelite).

SP game is like a video(DVD/blueray/movie tickets)

Yeah, but I choose to pay which movies/DVDs I buy.

MMO is like Cable TV(satelite).

So it has 900 channels of crap that I don't watch but still have to pay for? No thanks.

Ok, so I know that it's hardly representative of ALL MMOs, but who seriously watches Dolphin TV?

Maybe Bioware being awesome and all, will not have any kind of fee to play!

It doesn’t matter how awesome one might be, a product must make a profit or it isn’t worth making.

Ok, so I know that it's hardly representative of ALL MMOs, but who seriously watches Dolphin TV?

I watch Dolphin TV

Yeah, but I choose to pay which movies/DVDs I buy.

Yep, but if you spent the same amount on DVD's, you don't get as much content. Even a good DVD gets rather stale if you watch the same dvd for a month.

So it has 900 channels of crap that I don't watch but still have to pay for? No thanks.

That represents a very small mind. I can almost always find something on at any time that I want to watch. Even with basic level of Dish TV. Granted there are lots of channels that I don't watch, but those represent the content you have no interest in participating in.

Yeah and the same can be said of crafting, but some people love crafting. Some really enjoy all the non-combat stuff. That's the beauty of it. An MMO by necessity has to have content for many different tastes. Some people never watch Sci-Fi channel.

• 2 weeks later...

Umm... get a job? Honestly, paying monthly doesn't really bother me. I could provide myself hours of entertainment for less than two hours of work.

Plus it keeps the little, n00b kids out who aren't old enough to have a job. That's way RuneScape's has the most retarded online community ever, despite being in my mind, an okay game.

Archived