Home

Star Wars: Battle of the Dark Jedi

"We should go. Before they come back."

"In that case, I better head off too." Jaq added. "No offence, but its bad enough that I've encountered three Jedi on the run to top off my bad day."

He was about to turn and walk out of the scene, when he stopped midway. "Hmph. I havent even introduced myself... I'm Jaq, by the way. If things play out, this may not be the last time we meet." he walked off into the shadows.

((I'm leaving the position free to anyone. But if anyone isn't interested, then I guess I'll take it again :p. So this is your last chance, everyone.))

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A hooded figure watched as the armored man, most likely a hunter, threw the grenade and ran. He shook his head slightly and laughed when the droid went after him. the hooded figure glided to the group of jedi and lifted the grenade into the air. He extended his left arm out and the grenade flew away from the group. The man let his hood drop down revealing his blonde hair.

"You'll have to forgive Reaper. When I programmed him to defend Lyna, I never gave him the specifics. That his protecting in his eyes... but enough about that, what would three young ladies be doing in such a dangerous place like this?" asked the man who was none other than Cade Skywalker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Reaper continued his sprint after the hunter until the hunter had stopped. They were far away from the group of jedi now. Reaper knew he could take the hunter, however perhaps the hunter would be more helpful.

"You and I seem to have the same goal. Perhaps an alliance could be preformed. The blonde jedi seems to trust me, if I can get her to allow me to follow them, then you'll be able to follow us and get your target. I have a tracking code which I can give to you."

((Thanks for taking Cade, Cyborg. :) ))

Before Lyna could say her good-byes to Jaq, another man's voice could heard. "That voice... that voice could be no other than..." The young woman slowly turned around. And to her surprise, it was Cade Skywalker...

Her blue eyes stared at him. The same face, his facial expressions... he was still the same Cade. She then shook her head, and raised her eyebrow.

"Cade," Lyna said quietly, turning to face his direction, "It's been a while..."

Gerris looked back for a moment as he continued running from the droid.

He noticed a fourth figure with the 3 Jedi. Who?

Gerris zoomed in and he smiled.

Cade Skywalker.

Gerris wanted to kill Jedi, yes, but killing Skywalker would dealt a blow that an army of millions couldn't. He added Cade as another target on his HUD and he continued running.

This hunt was getting better by the second.

Reaper continued chasing the hunter but stopped for a second as the hunter turned his head. Reaper looked at the man with the yellow hair.

"It can't be... but it is!" Reaper thought to himself.

Reaper turned around and let the hunter go free, for his target was now on the scene. Reaper ran back to the group as fast as he could.

"The target has been deemed too weak to kill in combat."

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Cade," Lyna said quietly, turning to face his direction, "It's been a while..."

"Lyna?!?!" Cade replied.

"Seriously, of all jedi out there... all lifeforms out there and I find Lyna" Cade thought to himself.

"It has been Lyna..."

"The target has been deemed too weak to kill in combat."

"Reaper! How's it going buddy?" Cade asked the droid in a sad attempt to avoid the awkward conversation.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Fine Master, however you're adressing me simply to avoid talking with Mistress Lyna." Reaper responded.

"I need to make this kill quick and get out of here," Reaper thought to himself.

Cade shook his head and laughed.

"What I can't say hello to my old friend."

"Crap that droid's smarter than I remembered!" Cade thought to himself.

"So where were you going Lyna... and company?"

"So where were you going Lyna... and company?"

Lyna shrugged. "Well... we were headed off to Jool's cantina to get some info on this Sith cult. Rumor has it that this cult is forming... and some may have been former Jedi."

She turned her back, looking at the other directon. "But I wouldn't stay out here long. Not with that Hunter around..." Lyna turned to face Cade. All of a sudden, she grinned, but in a sad way.

"So... um... how's it been goin' ever since... well, ya know..."

(((Sorry, was at my parents for the past few days o_o -- I'll try and hop in)))

Well, this was a great tangle of a mess, wasn't it? Zosia paced around the conflict, trying to find an in, but everyone seemed to be screaming and yelling and quite frankly forgetting their Jedi training. However, they were providing a good distraction for her. The hunter she could feel glimmering faintly on the floor; he was naught but pale red to her. She felt a tendril winding away from him -- he would escape. The Force willed it. Apparently (seeing as she had no sense of apprehension), this was a good thing. Nevermind the fact that he was trying to warn them against this droid. That also won him some points. She couldn't see the future, but she could feel his footprint in the future; it was murky at best. Like a muddy waterfall blocking anyone from seeing more than an hour ahead.

The droid. The one with the secondary mistress Lyna. Sitting on the ground by the scene, but away enough to not attract attention, she reached out her hand. Her neck buzzed and her head twitched slightly; then she felt the smooth, vibrating water-like flow of electricity in his metal frame. Falling in, she followed it around his body, eyes staring blankly. His processor... no, she needed his mandate, his core orders... Where was his core? She flitted around the wires and impulses until she felt the energy swirlling around, coalesing, burning and twisting. Reaching in, her shoulders eased, her mind delving fully within the droid. She knew this. It was easy.

The droid was gone. Her concentration ripped away almost painfully. Stifling a cry, she clapped her hands over her mouth, bending full over her crossed legs. Breathing heavily, she then rubbed her temples, eyes fluttering. Oh, she had been stupid. Unprepared for movement. It was her own fault. Slowly, gingerly, she stood and watched the scene. The hunter was running away -- yes. The droid was following.

Then Cade decided to show up. Lyna had quite the reaction to that. Even being unable to sense much of people, Zo was suddenly submerged in a blast of humanity. It wasn't something she was used to, and thusly, hadn't adapted to. She needed a moment to collect herself freeing herself of residual emotion. At least Lyna acted calm and composed. Did she even realise the explosion in the Force? Looking around, she noticed the droid returning. Zosia pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head vigorously. What the heck was going on around here? Was the droid truly Cade's? She couldn't believe that. Then again, there were a lot of things she couldn't believe.

Stepping up beside Lyna, she heard the words:

"Well... we were headed off to Jool's cantina to get some info on this Sith cult. Rumor has it that this cult is forming... and some may have been former Jedi."

She would have said it was a good idea to regroup, if the awkward human element hadn't come up right afterward. Huffing an aggrivated sigh, she took a step back to let them sort things out. And kept an eye on the droid.

Gerris slowed to a walk as he realized that the Jedi wouldn't be coming after him. He looked back, but the Jedi were only tiny figures in between the distant gray buildings.

He brought his attention back and focused on what the situation was now.

He'd lost the first round, but there were probably many more rounds to go before his fate and theirs would be decided. He'd be sure of it.

He walked back into a large crowd of people, unlike last time, no one noticed him and disappeared into the crowd.

He had a certain safehouse placed somewhere nearby. From there he could rearm and resupply for the next battle. Luckily, for him, tracking wouldn't be a problem.

Why? The small darts that he had launched to track the Cathar not only stuck in the Jedi's skin, but it injected a tracking fluid that would remain in the bloodstream. It was completely harmless, but now Gerris could strike any time he wanted. Which would be soon.

He spotted the safe house and began manuevering through the crowd.

Atrila watched the new man introduce himself as "Cade Skywalker"

Cade Skywalker? The Cade Skywalker?! This is an honor

Something was still bothering her

Why did the hunter give up? He is a Hunter, he won't stop until he catches me...so why did he run away without a way to track me? Unless he's still tracking me....

Atrila searched her body through the Force, trying to find anything that didn't belong

Found it!

There was some sort of foreign fluid in her bloodstream, it was most likely something that the tracking dart had injected into her bloodsteam

The Hunter is good...but I have the force on my side

Atrila focused as much of the fluid as she could and forced it up into her stomach

Owwww...I hate the hunter, even when he is not here, he somehow manages to make me feel pain

Atrila focused the fluid up into her throat and spat it out over the side of walkway they were on

I can't believe that actually worked!

Lets see if the Hunter is foolish enough to try and track me now

( Just curious here, would Atrila spitting up the tracking fluid count as god modding? I can't really tell if counts as god modding or not)

"Well... we were headed off to Jool's cantina to get some info on this Sith cult. Rumor has it that this cult is forming... and some may have been former Jedi."

Cade was quite shocked to hear this news.

"If the rumor about this cult is true it would mean bloodshed for both sides. Either way we should take this matter to the council with the remaining jedi, instead of looking for answers in a bar."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Reaper looked over at the Catharian as she spat something out. Curious, Reaper walked over to her and looked down at the liquid.

"Some sort of tracking liquid, very rare for a common hunter to have. My guess is he's either a genius and created this himself, or he's getting money from a higher power. Either way he's much more dangerous than he appears."

"So... um... how's it been goin' ever since... well, ya know..."

"Lyna look, I know we've had a history together but we should find out about this cult before we do anything else."

((I don't see a huge problem with it, but its not up for me to decide. The final call is Skywalker's but maybe there could be a compromise. Perhaps Reaper steps on the liquid and it stays under his foot allowing Gerris to still track them))

((That's okay, Blessèd Sith. We understand. :) And Cyborg's right. Maybe Reaper can step on a sample of the tracking liquid, without the others noticing. Then Gerris can still track them down.))

"Lyna look, I know we've had a history together but we should find out about this cult before we do anything else."

Lyna glanced down, embarrased. Then she glanced back up at Cade, nodding her head. "Yeah. Sure..." When she passed by him, she muttered, "You were always the boss..."

The young woman turned and looked at Atrila and Zosia, making sure they were all right now. "Atrila? Zosia? Try to keep up your strengths. If you can't, we'll take a 5 minute rest. Then we head to our destination."

Lyna added, looking at Cade, "By the way... I was sent by Master K'Kruhk and the other Jedi Council on this mission to investigate the rumors of this cult. But if you suggest we go back to the Jedi Council..." She shook her head and shrugged, waiting for Cade's answer.

Gerris reached a small dark building in one of the least suspected corners of the lower city. This small place was the safe house, however looks were quite decieving.

He looked behind him to see that none of the Jedi or any of the curious Coruscanti would follow. He then walked inside the hut, revealing a room lit by the numerous screens of different computers and radars. The place hummed with technology. It had cost nearly nothing, Gerris had built all of it, except the house it was placed in. Gerris had spent years poring over such subjects during college, he was considered a genius in much more than technology though.

He went to one of the computers and activated its radar. He then preceded to prepare for another strike at his targets.

"Nice going Skywalker you made her sad now."

"Hey that's not entirely my fault."

"I need to stop talking to myself," Cade thought to himself.

"By the way... I was sent by Master K'Kruhk and the other Jedi Council on this mission to investigate the rumors of this cult. But if you suggest we go back to the Jedi Council..."

It looked like Cade was the only one who didn't know about this cult.

"Alright then, lead the way."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Reaper heard the conversation and knew they were leaving soon; he would have to move fast. Reaper made the quickest motion with his and slid it across the liquid. Reaper than moved over to Lyna and Cade to continue his acting.

"This cantina sounds dangerous, I suggest sticking close to me Mistress Lyna."

((Just to let you guys know, I won't be posting until I get back from my family trip. I'll be back on the 25th of Sunday. Don't post away without me! :) ))

"Alright then, lead the way."

Lyna nodded quietly. "Okay..." As she turned to walk towards the direction of the Rik's Cantina, Lyna thought about the moments she had with Cade. How they defeated Krayt, going through tough times together, having all sorts of adventures, discovering each others feelings...

But Lyna closed her eyes tightly, trying to hide away that time...

"This cantina sounds dangerous, I suggest sticking close to me Mistress Lyna."

The young woman glanced at Reaper and smiled. "Thank you, Reaper. Although I'm a Jedi Knight, I might need a little bit of assistance." Then she looked at the others. "Jool might know of some rumors spread around. Let's see if she knows anything." They continued to walk towards their destination.

Gerris watched the small red dot on the screen carefully. If Gerris' calculations were correct, which they almost always were, they'd probably be going to the cantina nearby. Gerris pressed a small button and the computer began calculating all possible routes, which would be thousands, but Gerris would narrow it down. Then he'd plan the fastest and most silent approach to handling the contract. If everything went well, Gerris would have a larger bank account by lunch tomorrow.

Reaper followed behind Lyna thinking of ways to kill off Cade.

"I could kill him when he's off guard, but killing him in combat would be more fun," he thought to himself.

One thing that was preventing Reaper from carrying out his task was the fact that he was outnumbered. Reaper did have the liquid under his foot, in order to even some of the odds with the hunter. Another thing he could do was perhaps use Lyna, all he had to do was find out how close she was to Cade. Reaper quickened his pace slightly and walked next to Lyna.

"Excuse me Mistress Lyna, but I couldn't help notice some tension between you and Cade. Is there something wrong?"

"Excuse me Mistress Lyna, but I couldn't help notice some tension between you and Cade. Is there something wrong?"

Lyna glanced at Reaper, snapping out of her thoughts. She smiled sadly. "No... nothing's wrong. It's just that..." She looked at Cade from behind. Then Lyna sighed quietly. "Let's just say we had our ups and downs. That's all."

The young woman rubbed her neck. She then wondered what Cade was thinking... wondering if the break-up still bothered him or not...

Gerris eyed the screen and selected a key route that he knew that the Jedi would take. This time, he'd win, this time, he'd have revenge...and alot of credits too.

He uploaded the coordinates and tracking map into his mask and stood from the computer. He walked over to a dark corner and turned on a bright blue light which illuminated all of his most deadly weapons. He didn't mind having to be cruel, as long as it served his needs.

He took a small blaster off the rack and a Rodian poison blade. This blade was not covered in ordinary poison, but siroisic poison. Siroisic poison would penetrate the blood stream and begin inflaming the blood cells, literally burning the victim from inside. A gruesome but effective weapon.

He then took off two nueral grenades, which could paralyze any ordinary human being, and could do much worse to aliens. He then took off two regular cortosis blades and a smoke grenade. This would be a dirty job.

He attached his weapons and walked out the door, disappearing quickly into the crowd.

Atrila was feeling very nervous

"I have a feeling that we have not seen the Hunter's full capacity, he didn't expect to deal with more then one Jedi last time...this time he will be prepared..."

Atrila looked over at Cade and suddenly had a thought

Maybe he can tell me a bit more about the droid

"Master Skywalker, I have a question I would like to ask you in private when you have the time."

"Master Skywalker, I have a question I would like to ask you in private when you have the time."

"You can call me Cade, Master Skywalker makes me feel way too old. I'm open for any questions you might have for me now."

----------------------------------------------------

"Let's just say we had our ups and downs. That's all."

"Looks like I might have found my bait," Reaper thought to himself.

"Perhaps it just wasn't meant to be," Reaper responded pretending to care.

Lyna hung her head down and looked at the ground sadly. "Yeah. But... something inside me wants Cade to still be safe. Strange thing is, even though we parted... I can feel that our Force bonds aren't broken. Maybe the Force is telling me that it's not his fault..."

She glanced at Reaper and smiled. "But, that's just me talking."

The young woman looked ahead, and saw a sign that said 'Rik's Cantina'. Cade and his crew use to hang out there since their bounty hunting days. This was a good opportunity to meet Jool about the rumors of this Sith cult.

Gerris had moved with extreme speed to his location, using the high places and jumping, unnoticed, onto speeders flying by.

He stood on the black rooftop of Rik's Cantina, just above the brightly colored sign that twinkled about. It provided the perfect cover, both visibly and through the force, due to the thousands of individuals that were just below him, clouding his presence with their feelings. Gerris had thought this one out thoroughly.

He stood not but 30 feet above the target as they approached the cantina.

Heh. thought Gerris as he stared at the Jedi, They would look like a regular group of young ones going out for a drink...at least that's what it would look like to the unskilled eye.

Gerris watched Lyna Honso carefully, and noticed small and quick glances towards Cade Skywalker's position.

Possible relationship? he thought.

He could use this to his advantage.

I hate having to call people by their first names...

Atrila motioned Cade that this discussion had to remain private

I only guess what would happen if the droid heard us

"Very well...Cade. I fear that something is wrong with your droid, "Reaper" I believe you called him. He insisted that I was a threat to lyna when she was behind me at the time. He also said some very odd things. He claimed that he was a sith hunter. I would like to clarify some of the things that he said with you. Also...forgive me if I am overstepping my bounds, but I believe you should check Reaper's programing when you next get the chance. I can't help but feel that something is wrong with him."

Atrila was about to enter the cantina when she suddenly felt a familiar shiver run down her back

We are being watched...but where from?!

"Master Skywalker, I believe we are being watched...I can't tell where the observer is."

Atrila put her hand on her lightsaber

I hope that it's not the hunter...I've had nearly enough of him to last me a lifetime

There was information flying about, bandied back and forth, but there was nothing actually being said, nor was anything being done. Zosia sighed and trailed along behind everyone, her eyes locked on the droid. She didn't like him. She really didn't like the fact that he was coming along with them while they were trying to find information. What if he was an enemy? What if he wasn't an enemy but he had a parasite program, some sort of virus-like entity, in him somewhere and it was recording everything and sent everything back to their enemies? Or, simpler, he was there for the enemy and would be taking everything back himself.

Her eyes shifted to Atrila and she smiled faintly at her words. As least Zo wasn't alone in her suspicions. It was comforting that she wasn't the only Jedi who didn't see good first and suspected betrayal later. It was better to be cautious first, especially of a hunter-killer with a shaky story and odd wiring.

... but I believe you should check Reaper's programing when you next get the chance. I can't help but feel that something is wrong with him...

Good idea. Falling into a walking trance, she focused her attention on Reaper. If anyone saw her, she'd look like she was glowering at his back. Rather, she was delving into him, her neck buzzing, eye twitching briefly and then her whole body tingling when she fell into the electronic world. Her heart beat funny; she tried to find something faulty. But if there wasn't anything faulty and he was supposed to betray them as part of his programming, she wouldn't be able to find it. The only thing she could do was detect a corruption. Even then, it would take time, and his walking, and her walking, really wasn't helping things.

The Force jolted her; her vision hazed for the briefest of seconds. Her mind and the Force slipped from wires and impulses and programming with the distraction of something else. What, she didn't know; just that there was something. She was still blinking and trying to clear her head from thinking in protocols and code while Atrila spoke. Almost missing the Cathar's words, she perked up when her mind finally processed what she had said:

"Master Skywalker, I believe we are being watched...I can't tell where the observer is."

Zo sighed and curled her fingers languidly around the hilt of her sabre. She couldn't even go for a drink and plot the downfall of her enemies without someone interrupting. Force be damned, life wasn't fair.

Gerris prepped his dart launcher with a nueral armanent. He used his HUD to zero the target in. It was the Jedi that he was stabbed by earlier. She would be unable to escape this time. The neural dart would not kill her, that part he'd handle himself, it would also delay the group from reaching their destination in time.

He'd be able to pick them off one by one.

He lifted the wrist launcher into an aiming position and zeroed the range-finder on the small in-between the Matuki's shoulder and neck.

She would be down in moments.

Archived