Home

Star Wars: Battle of the Dark Jedi

Gerris walked slowly through the nightclub. The lights and music provided a steady rythm for him as he began to move towards the exit.

Every now and then, a foolish young person would get in his way, and Gerris merely shoved the person aside, determined to get through the crowded room. He hated social interaction, it often didn't go well, not too mention hwo unhealthy it was for an assassin's job.

He made it to the exit and immediatley stepped into the cold night-air of Coruscant's undercity, once again, crowded with other people.

At least for now it served his means. He'd definately find a quieter cantina. And he thought he saw one a ways back. That is where he would replan his killing blows to the Jedi.

He found the cantina, took a deep breath, and decided that he would turn in for a day.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Are you working with the hunter?"

"You mean the man you pushed off the building that allowed him to escape. No, I'm not." he responded slowly.

She was rash and quick with her judgment, wish her assumptions. He leaned back in the chair he was sitting in, resting an arm on the table in front allowing the cloak to fall open revealing his black sleeveless shirt, and the scars he bore upon his arms. Ohesiu hid nothing, he was not ashamed of any part of him, nor did he care what others think about him.

Ohesiu's white eyes stayed fixed upon the her "Only since the commotion outside happened. People take notice when to many Jedi are involved."

He slide his arm that was resting upon the table closer to him, never once blinking or moving his eyes away from her. He wanted to make sure she would see what could happen if she didn't try and save herself from the darkness she felt. And he knew separating herself from the ones she called friends would be the very thing that would destroy her fragile path.

"name?" is the only thing he asked to her.

Gerris walked quietly into the Cantina, hardly being noticed. He turned his head around the corner, and saw the Cathar. He quickly put himself behind the wall, ina position out of the Jedi's vision. He quickly took off his mask and all of his weapons, only wearing a black jumpsuit and boots. He stashed his equipment in a box marked 'Do Not Open.'

How fitting.

He walked casually into the Cantina and took a seat at the bar, acting inconspicuos. He did not want a fight now, in fact, he felt completely pacifist at the moment, or maybe that was just lack of sleep talking....either way, he shaped his feeling so that the Jedi could not recognize him.

There would be no battle right now, the hunt would have to continue later.

Gerris turned on the stool, so his back faced the Cathar's table.

"Where did you get those scars? And what caused them?"

"On a mission there was an explosion involving some chemicals. When I came too my companions were dead, and I was left severely burned, with my eyes and hair stripped of all color." He said not going into full details about the mission, or who ordered the mission.

Ohesiu was right about one assumption he had about the Cathar, she was very curious. In a way it was refreshing from his normal daily life, which would of consisted of him sitting here alone, watching the patrons become belligerently drunk and disorderly. For now he took some comfort with his current company.

Momentarily he glanced over at the new coming patron, watched as the man took a seat with his back turned to them. Ohesiu made a note of all the new patrons he hasn't seen before, just to make sure they wouldn't cause him any trouble in the future. If he was going to get into trouble it was because of something he created, not some one else s doing.

Ohesiu returned his attention to the Cathar and asked "Why do you say use to be?"

((Woah! Slow down on the posts, guys. :) ))

"MAXIMUM ERROR MAXIMUM ERROR, CORRUPT DATA, REBOOT IMMEDIATELY."

Lyna sighed, and turned to Cade. "Well'p... looks like Reaper's malfunctioned." For the first time in a year, Lyna and Cade were alone again, along with an old droid. She didn't know what to say. Then she rubbed her neck nervously, and looked at Cade again.

"Guess we should take him to a Repair shop, huh?" The young woman was really tired from all the excitement they had. She would probably find some place to rest and get info on the Sith cult later. And she totally didn't want to stay in the Underworld long...

(Meanwhile, in the shadows)

Two black hooded figures stood in the shadows, keeping an eye on Cade and Lyna. Suddenly, a comlink came on. "Did you find them?" a male's voice asked. The hooded figure smiled underneath her hood and replied, "Yes, Master. We did."

"Good. Good! Now... do you rememeber the objective?"

"Find a companion of Skywalker and bring them to Korriban, back to you. If Skywalker's willing to find his friend, we will take him as well, and make him prisoner."

The voice laughed. "And once we have Skywalker in our hands... the spirit of Krayt will be revived again. Only in his body." Then the male added, "Good work. Find a way to capture one of his friends, so that we may capture him."

"Yes, Master." After this, the hooded female turned to her comapanion who wore a Sith mask. "Time to go do our work." The masked figure nodded, and followed the hooded female.

"Guess we should take him to a Repair shop, huh?"

"No need Lyna, I can fix him myself"

Cade shook his head and went behind Reaper.

"I'll have you fixed in a few minutes."

Reaper hid his current memory so far into the data that even Cade wouldn't detect it. Cade wiped Reaper clean minus his personality and began to work. Cade uploaded Reaper's original programming with some added touches.

"Well that should do it."

----------------------------------------------------

"Well that should do it." Reaper awoke suddenly to this voice.

Reaper looked around at his surroundings. He felt very much the same yet at the same time different. For once in a long time, Reaper felt free. Reaper looked up at the blonde haired girl and instantly recognized her.

"Ah Mistress Lyna, it has been a while. How are things? Do you need me to do anything?"

"Ah Mistress Lyna, it has been a while. How are things? Do you need me to do anything?"

Lyna was glad that Cade fixed Reaper up again. Then she thought about the question he asked her. "Everything's all right. For now." She then looked at Cade. "Yeah. There's one thing I need you to do for me. I would like to talk with Cade. Alone, if that's all right."

She was a little upset that this had to happen... but she had to settle things. On why they broke up and why things didn't seem the way they use to be. Lyna looked at Reaper and smiled.

"It goes against my programming...but very well, I'll be down below just in case."

Reaper walked past Cade and over to Lyna.

"You can do this, be strong," Reaper whispered to her before jumping off the roof.

"So what did you need Lyna?" Cade asked.

"Crap... well now is the best time to talk about this," Cade thought to himself.

"A few months ago...I lost my temper with another padawan. He was a horrible person...I don't even know why he was admitted to the temple but he was. He hated all cathar with a passion and I was his favorite target. He would tell me that I was worthless, that I was nothing but a burden. The words I was able to shrug off, I was used to such talk. He knew this and he got angrier and angrier with me."

Atrila looked up at the celling and sighed.

"One day...he attacked me in one of the temple corridors, no one was around at the time but he and I. He drew his lightsaber and came after me. I drew my own lightsaber and went after him. during the battle, I was only trying to drive him away until someone could help me, but I lost control for a second and I cut off one of his arms."

"His screams brought one of the masters towad us and I panicked. I brought my blade against Master Xan and then I ran when my common sense kicked back in. I fled to the underbelly of Coruscant and tried to start a living."

Atrila noticed the door open and stiffled a gasp.

It was the man with the dark cloak and the hooked lightsaber

"Stay on your guard...I believe the man in the dark cloak is a sith."

Atrila put her hand down next to her lightsaber

"You can do this, be strong," Reaper whispered to her before jumping off the roof.

Lyna smiled when Reaper jumped off the roof. Suddenly... she heard Cade's voice.

"So what did you need Lyna?" Cade asked.

Lyna closed her eyes and bit her lower lip. Then she faced Cade, and looked him up in the eyes. "First off... I just wanna say..." She sighed shakily, trying to calm down, "I don't know why we had to seperate. I mean... your mom did everything she could for you. I just didn't understand why you would be upset at her still... like you're upset with me..."

She then waited for his response, trying her best to stand her ground.

Ohesiu's glance stayed upon Atrila "I know, I've sensed it for a while now. Put your hands upon the table and for now act naturally. Acting to rashly will draw unneeded attention. And I'm assuming that's something you don't want at the moment."

He kept his eyes upon her, his face still showing no signs that he knows how to show any kind of emotions. His main focus was for now keeping current Companion calm and at ease.

"The order is forgiving, if you explain like you've explained to me, then everything should be fine."

Ohesiu leaned further back into the chair resting his hand on his thigh, his lightsaber strapped to his thigh. "If you keep running, then the things you fear you'll become will take over. It's best to face them head on, and get it over with. Fear doesn't lead to the dark side, its the failure to confront that which you fear that makes you fall. Do you understand?"

"you may be right...but how do I know that they will forgive me? I've done terrible things, I took another padawan's arm, I raised my blade against Master Xan, I can't help but feel terrified when I think of the order."

Atrila's eyes strayed toward the man with the hooked lightsaber

"Thats strange...why is he heading toward the man with his back toward us?"

Atrila turned to Ohesiu

"Do you have any ideas what may be going on?"

Ohesiu glanced over and shook his head "not really any of my business. If something happens then it happens."

He turned his eyes back towards Atrila, his fingertips gently gliding along his lightsaber, remembering the time he served the order with his whole heart. Remembering the mission they gave him, that took everything away. Ohesiu didn't hate the Jedi Order at all, even still part of him honored it. It showed when he got a job offer, he'd consider it carefully, and if it sounded like a pointless run around he'd ignore it, or if it sounded like some greedy trying to get his hands upon more money, he'd ignore it.

"With the order, you never know until you try. If you keep running away, then you'll have to live with the regret of your actions, things happened. You can't change what has happened, but you can learn from it. Take what you've learned and make yourself better for it. I can tell you still love the order, so return to it. Explain what has been happening, and let they're wisdom guide them to the right choice. If you want I will accompany you."

"No...I believe I can handle this on my own. I thank you though...Thanks to you, I may be able to finally be able to put my past at rest."

Atrila turned to the man who currently had his back turned to them and whispered.

"There's a man with a hooked lightsaber heading towards you, I think he may be a sith. Be on your guard."

Atrila was about to leave the cantina when she heard words that made her stop dead in her tracks.

"Keep his companions under watch. We'll take then when they are alone, even Cade Skywalker will make a mistake at some point."

They're after Master Skywalker! I need to warn them!

Atrila ran out of the cantina as quickly as she could

Ohesiu stood up, pulling his hood over his head once more. It had been a long night, and he had grown tired of talking to much. Even if Atrila was only a few years younger, she still had a lot to learn. Ohesiu walked out into the streets and stood out side of the door, waiting for the black cloaked figure to walk out of the Cantina, following Atrila.

Whether or not his suspicions were correct, he wasn't going to take any chances.

"Hurry Atrila, and return to your friends, and the Order. Don't forget, strength doesn't come from showing other what you can do, but what you can show yourself you can do." he whispered to himself, letting those be his final words of wisdom to her. Now he waited patiently, not expecting anything but also expecting everything.

Gerris was slightly surprised by the Cathar's quick and quiet message. It also made him feel very very....succesful.

She obviously had no idea that he was in fact...her future killer.

He grabbed a cup of Correllian ale and chugged it down. His eyes snapped to where the Cathar had ran.

He carefully got out of his seat and went to the box where he placed his stuff.

He peeked around the corner at the other white-haired Jedi/Sith who was sitting at the table.

Gerris was curious about this guy, so he reached inside his pocket and pulled out a small droid that resembled a tiny spider. He smiled at the small droid and immediatley sent it toward the man. The spider would be quiet and unknown, as it would crawl onto the victim's skin, and bite, releasing a small tracking liquid. That technology had taken Gerris years to finish. He was not considered a genius for nothing, not to mention being an expert warrior.

He let the tiny droid go on it's mission.

I truley hope that I am not being followed...It won't hurt to check...

Atrila took a quick look behind her and growled in frustration.

The man with the hooked lightsaber was watching her and was speaking into a comlink.

Thats not good, he knows that I overheard him and he knows that I'm a jedi. I need to move faster.

Atrila hurried as quickly as she could to the last known location of Master Skywalker

Ohesiu was right, the cloaked walked out of the cantina in pursuit of Atrila. He waited a few seconds for the person to be a few steps in front of him. He wasn't certain why he needed to get himself involved with Atrila, but now that he has he wasn't going to let all the work he's done so far end up meaning nothing. That girl needed the Jedi order more then anything.

"And maybe I still do to.." Ohesiu grinned slightly whispering.

He noticed that Atrila starting picking up her pace, he assumed most likely she noticed her pursuer. Ohesiu quickly used force dash to shorten the distance between himself and the cloaked figure, grabbing the person by the back of the cloak, throwing them to the ground. Quickly Ohesiu used the force to pick up his lightsaber from his thigh into his hand and ignited it.

His blade was deep red, almost resembling that of humans blood. The hilt was black, with gold and silver criss-crossing each other as it traveled down the hilt.

Ohesiu kept his face hidding from the person, hiding the upper half of his body in the shadows, his hood still concealing his face.

"I don' know what you want from her. But if you want to live then I suggest you leave" he said his voice sounded as if speaking would freeze the very air surrounding him. Ohesiu noticed a small spider walking towards him and grinned... usefull... he thought to himself.

Kandar smacked his head against the control panel. "Damn! I don't want to be a Jedi . . ."

"Sir, the Yuuzhan Vong were disconnected from the force . . . perhaps I can achieve similar results?"

Kandar considered it and remembered the Yuuzhan Vong. He sighed deeply and turned to the viewscreen. Replying in a cold, slow tone he answered. "I . . . don't want to be disconnected from the force . . . I just don't want to have any power over it, or the other way round. Being cut off entirely is just . . . too far."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Droid examined Kandar for a few more seconds before making a hasty departure from the bridge. After a few moments he found the Astro-Droid and sat down beside it.

"It would seem Master Kandar is upset . . ."

The Droid responded by making some clicks. The Droid looked up and his eyes grew red.

"Sith . . ." He pulled out his blaster and fired a ion pulse down the corridor. Suddenly three sith burst into being.

The sith looked surprised and for a few moments lost their sense of control. "You . . . must . . . Diiiiiiiiieeeee . . ." Two blades shot forth from the Droids wrists as he leapt at the would-be assassins. In a few moments he had dispatched the first of the sith and was battering the second. Suddenly the third sith leapt behind the HK unit and plunged his lightsaber into his torso.

"No . . . Noooooo . . ."

The HK unit glew a violent crimson, his eyes burning like fire. "System . . failuuureeee . . ."

Suddenly Kandar leapt into the corridor and used the force to retrieve the fallen warriors saber. He then held forward his other palm and unleashed a surge of energy upon the warriors, slaying the first and crippling the second. He approached the survivor and looked upon him with blood-red eyes. The Sith stammered in utter terror, but Kandar wouldn't relent. He unleashed a flurry of fists upon the Siths jaw, drinking in his pain, his fear. Then he held his palm to the Siths face and drained his life energy, leaving him barely alive. "You will learn respect . . ." His saber ignited through the Sith's chest.

His saber . . .

Kandar sensed a new onlooker and turned, drawing upon the force to retrieve a second saber. He ignited the other and twisted them in fury. "Show yourself!" A sith materialized at the end of a corridor. But not just a sith apprentice. This was a TRUE sith.

Kandar deactivated a saber and used the force to hover it just below his hand. Then he opened his palm to unleash a wave of primal fury. The panels along the corridor were torn from the walls and the ship threatened to implode. Huge shockwaves rushed down the corridor, connecting with the Sith. Kandar threw his lightsaber at the Sith, attempting to impale him. Then as the sith deflected it, Kandar disappeared. Suddenly a saber ignited just in front of the siths neck. "You die this day . . . and I shall drink in your death! ! !" But he did not ignite the saber.

The sith let off a howl of rage, obviously angered with his failure to even engage Kandar. "You shall pay! All the Sith of the galaxy will hunt you down! You will pay!"

Kandar laughed and leant forward, whispering "I am the Sith . . ."

And the Sith knew no more.

Atrila paused a minute to watch for further signs of pursuit

She smiled as she saw Ohesiu take down the sith and threaten him.

Thank you my friend...I will not forget what you have done for me today.

Still...that sith probally told his friends what I look like...I think it may be time to change my looks a bit...I have around five hundred credits...that should be enough to accomplish my wardrobe change

Atrila quickly looked around for a clothes store and smiled as she saw one down the road.

I think I'll go for something very un-jedi this time

Atrila looked around and quickly found what she was looking for: A black Trenchcoat, a wig that had long blonde hair and black combat boots

Now I need something to disguise my eyesight...

Atrila looked around the back of the store where "Less then legal" items were sold and purchased a pair of green contact lenses.

That should do it...

Atrila paid the the three hundred credits and added the last two hundred as a guarantee that any questions regarding a cathar Jedi would go unanswered.

Atrila walked out of the store, confident that no one would recognize her

Now it's time to get to Master Skywalker.

Atrila ran toward their last known location as quickly as she could

Gerris looked at the Jedi/Sith, Gerris was hoping Sith, very carefully. He looked down at the crimson blade and took a breath confidently.

"Isn't it obvious? My mission is quite clear, and I will not leave her alone...despite this threat of yours. I wonder, where do you stand on this matter with the Cathar? Are you truly a Jedi, or Sith? My friend, you do not seem very clear on your stance...in fact..you are not clear at all..."

Gerris kept his voice at the same pitch, almost to the point where it sounded hypnotic. Gerris was immediatley thankful for the school he had gone to on pyschology. He didn't really study to help others, he knew that the mind was the greatest weakness of all, and it only took the right words to trigger your opponent's darkest memories...leading to abrupt defeat.

Gerris hoped it worked.

But he was prepared if it didn't work.

He slipped a hand slowly into his pocket, grasping a small cortosis knife.

Ohesiu kept his guard up, his face remaining emotionless. What ever trick this man was playing it wasn't working. He lowered his blade to his side, with the flick of his finger he sent the coming spider in the air, and sending it in the air, miles away form where they are.

"It's not a threat, not even a promise, its just something that would happen. And to clarify your statement, I belong to no organization, no cult, or group, or any kind of order. I'm simply existing." he said his voice unchanging.

Ohesiu took a few steps back away from the man, then turned his back. He extinguished his blade and placed back on his thigh. As Ohesiu started walking in Atrila's direction he stopped and turned his head to the man and said "Come near her again, and we'll see how good my 'threat' will be"

He force jumped onto the buildings and dashed towards Atrila. Atrila I'm on my way to you, don't go far, he said in his mind, hoping she'd hear it.

Gerris stood and brushed himself off. He had just met a force-user with a bad demeanor. Perhaps another target? No, if he killed this guy, he'd do it for the pleasure of the hunt, slow and painful...perhaps a flamethrower? Nah, Gerris decided he would dispose of the job targets first, then kill the guy. He was a hunter, he could wait.

He went over and began reequipping for the next hunt. Luckily for him, he already full physical descriptions of his targets, disquises may be useless if you know the target.

He loaded his wrist launcher and stepped outside, the crowds immediatley spreading for the heavily-armed and intimidating man.

The Force-user's threats were empty and useless, Gerris would get to the Cathar.

And collect her pelt.

Archived