Home

If you could choose one extra civ for the game what would it be?

Kobi Duran

If you could choose one extra civ for the game what would it be? (besides Trashodans)  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose one extra civ for the game what would it be? (besides Trashodans)

• Hapan Royal Cluster
    • Rodians
    • Zabraks
    • Gammoreans
    • Corporate Sector Authority
    • Ewoks

Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

I agree, and despite what anyone says, I can't imagine an entire planet (Mon Cal that is) with absouletly no ground forces ;)

Hey! You said more then "I agree"! Hurray!! :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by darthfergie

True. I mean why would Star Wars Galaxies let Mon Cals get into ground fights then?:rolleyes:

Fergie, who are you talking to? :)

And what are you talking about? :D

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

I agree, and despite what anyone says, I can't imagine an entire planet (Mon Cal that is) with absouletly no ground forces ;)

Except that the planet of Mon Calamari is covered in water. But that wouldn't be a problem, would it? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kvan

Hehe....Ok Compa, the Mon Cals are part of the Alliance, right? The Rebels use their ships right? Ok, now the Wookiees are part of the Alliance, right? ummm....wait, did you ever see wookiees in the Alliance? Maybe in the New Rebublic but that is way in the future. During these times they are enslaved. They are not part of the Alliance. They are on their own.

The Naboo is part of the Old Reb. but we don't have an Old Reb. civi. If we did I'd be throwing a fit :D !

If we didn't have a Rebellion civi I'd totally agree that we need a MOn Cal civi, I really like them!

There won't be capitol ships = Alliance with no Mon Cal ships (besides Mon Cals are part of the Alliance until ROTJ)

Wookiees were enslaved = they were part of The Empire

If you like them why are you against having them as a civ?

Guest Tie Guy

Hmm, yeah, the Mon Cals really wouldn't work. They really don't have any ground forces, and they really didn't have much of an airforce either. They only started making warships after the battle of Mon Calamari. They could have troops and a navy, but that is really about it if you think about it.

It doesn't really matter. By the time the expansion comes out Ep II will already be in theaters. So you'll be seeing stuff from there in the x-pac.

I'd guess:

1. Old Republic

2. Whoever the Clone/bad guys are

3. Whatever else from that movie they think they can make a civ out of;)

Why would they bother using a minor race if instead they could tie it into the latest movie?

I voted Ewok!

The reason why is because the Hapan's seem like little rich wussies (yeah thats not a good reason but I like it), The Rodian's I believe are good and I did vote for them last time, they maybe have the makings of a good civi but I can't think of enough variation to them, to make interesting units. The Zabraks are not known enough yet to be any good. The Gammoreans would kick ass, but they are pig-like and would have no Hero unit that is recognizable. The CSA would be a GREAT choice but the are like a wanna-be empire.

The Ewoks were my choice because;

1. They were in the movie

2. I'd like to fry some ewoks when I play online.

3. I could think of more units then I ever thought possible for the ewoks.

BTW Thats exactly what I was saying! Episode II will be one of the next EX civis!

Originally posted by General Nilaar

It doesn't really matter. By the time the expansion comes out Ep II will already be in theaters. So you'll be seeing stuff from there in the x-pac.

I'd guess:

1. Old Republic

2. Whoever the Clone/bad guys are

3. Whatever else from that movie they think they can make a civ out of;)

Why would they bother using a minor race if instead they could tie it into the latest movie?

Because ALOT of people like EU better than the prequels and I would rather see EU civs than ANCIENT ones.

Because ALOT of people like EU better than the prequels and I would rather see EU civs than ANCIENT ones.

:eek: You like EU better then the prequel?! NOOOO!

Some of the EU stuff is really good but some is really bad. I thought epi.1 was better then most EU. :p

:eek: You like EU better then the prequel?! NOOOO!

Some of the EU stuff is really good but some is really bad. I thought epi.1 was better then most EU. :p

WHAT YOU THOUGHT EPISODE I WAS BETTER THAN THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE!!!!!:evil3:

Vong, Thrawn, Corascant, Rogue Squadron, Bounty Hunters, Jedi knights, Han Solo books, Centerpoint series, Black Fleet Crises, Chiss, Hapans, Bothans, Mara Jade, Solo kids, Kyp Durron, ETC.

All thanks to EU If it weren,t for all that would there even BE prequels. I doubt it. These books kept intrest in Star Wars going while they weren't making movies! They are the life blood of Star Wars!!!:mad: EU is Star Wars to many SW fans like me.:evil6:

WHAT YOU THOUGHT EPISODE I WAS BETTER THAN THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE!!!!!:evil3:

Vong, Thrawn, Corascant, Rogue Squadron, Bounty Hunters, Jedi knights, Han Solo books, Centerpoint series, Black Fleet Crises, Chiss, Hapans, Bothans, Mara Jade, Solo kids, Kyp Durron, ETC.

All thanks to EU If it weren,t for all that would there even BE prequels. I doubt it. These books kept intrest in Star Wars going while they weren't making movies! They are the life blood of Star Wars!!!:mad: EU is Star Wars to many SW fans like me.:evil6:

Hey, it's cool if you like EU. It just doesn't do anything for me now. Most of the things you named I could go without in the SW universe. Like the Vong. They kick ass and all, but to me they don't Feel like SW. Maybe it's an age thing :p

The Bounty Hunters seemed too nice. I REALLY hated that. They made Boba Fett out to be a nice guy! Thrawn Kicks ass and I really enjoyed reading the trilogy (it actually seemed like SW, to me at least). I'm not sure what Han Solo books you are talking about, but all of those ( I believe there is 6) are good. :)

Hey, it's cool if you like EU. It just doesn't do anything for me now. Most of the things you named I could go without in the SW universe. Like the Vong. They kick ass and all, but to me they don't Feel like SW. Maybe it's an age thing :p

The Bounty Hunters seemed too nice. I REALLY hated that. They made Boba Fett out to be a nice guy! Thrawn Kicks ass and I really enjoyed reading the trilogy (it actually seemed like SW, to me at least). I'm not sure what Han Solo books you are talking about, but all of those ( I believe there is 6) are good. :)

Still you have to admit it was the life blood of SW for a long time. Boba Fett a nice guy:confused: only if you think cold harted is nice 1) never keeps a partner 2) goes for money not personal gain 3) best there is at his age 4) how can you bribe him 5) has a reputation and has kept it nice and spotless (well besides killings and things:D )

Yeah, but something tells me more people will watch Ep II than will read all of the EU novels combined;)

I like the Thrawn trilogy, Shadows of the Empire, and Mike Stackpole's Rogue Squadron series. They seem like Star Wars to me and I thought they were great. I've avoided the others, because they seem to just get more and more weird with every book that comes out.

I haven't followed those books in a long while, what's the status of the Empire in the current books anyway?

Originally posted by General Nilaar

I haven't followed those books in a long while, what's the status of the Empire in the current books anyway?

They call themselves the Impirial Remnant. They are lead by Pelleon. If you liked the Thrawn Trilogy you might want to go out and pick up Spector of the Past duology. Great books:D

Archived