Home

Filefront no longer 'indefinitely suspended'

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a future suggestion. But maybe LF should've sent out a message to everyone's e-mail or PM box saying this very important thing about FF going down and to click here for more info on this thread and the FF update they gave. And then gave another update saying that they won't go down.

Some updates don't need to be sent to each member. But this just seemed big enough to where it effected all communities that it might have applied in this situation. Just so we don't have people saying they didn't know this all happened. Just my thought. Just my suggestion. Just throwing it out there.

But yeah Admiral let me sum it up for you. Due to the economy the people running FF were going to lose their jobs and FF was going to go for good. So people started downloading everything from all communities. Then FF gets bought out by the former staff and splits from Ziff Davis Industries. So FF is now an independent company where the old school group is running it again. Yay.

A tragedy was averted and many communities saved. Any questions Admiral?

Just a future suggestion. But maybe LF should've sent out a message to everyone's e-mail or PM box saying this very important thing about FF going down and to click here for more info on this thread and the FF update they gave. And then gave another update saying that they won't go down.

Not really. Aside from sharing many of the same users and community, FileFront and LFN aren't associated with each other at all. Thus the LFN Staff had no obligation to do as you suggest.

Well it was just my opinion that it doesn't have to be in your job description, or legally binding for you to do the extra mile. From experience I know it can get you rewarded and your constituents and customers appreciate it. Again just my opinion and thought. If this is yours and LFN's decision that's fine. That's perfectly fine. And no I mean none of this as criticism or as an insult just so it is not taken other than my viewpoint.

And one question though. Do you think Maris it'd be a good idea to close this thread since in my opinion the FF thing is over with and this thread has run its purpose?

Archived