Home

F'in microsoft

MysticSpade

Well, anyone here know what a peltier cooler device is? It's an electronic modular thing that, well, cools stuff. Or how about a large finned heat sink?

I know most of you probably don't give enough of a rats ass about this. However, you could pick up an oil transmission cooler or even a small radiator. A fluid pump. Maybe even just go to radio shack get their cpu cooler kit might eliminate most of this. Still, you'd need some additional parts. Get some fans, tubing..... drill some holes. I guess what I'm saying is if you're crafty, and willing to improvise and scrounge, you could make your own (very effective) cooling system if you don't take the unit anywhere with you. It would probably not cost near as much as a repair. Plus you wouldn't have to go inside it since it would be radiating cool and carrying heat away in large portions.

(shrug) Just tossing it out there for people with craftmanship skills who like to "mod" stuff.

You'd think a better X-Clamp would save Microsoft a few hundred million dollars...

Not really: it takes a bit of snaky plan and design, but they measure stuff 'just so'.

I mean, how often do you hear of stuff with guaranteed warranty which only lasts so long that companies are not willing to renew? They make/have made the fix it plans so that it dies out and not too long after, the product's major fault shows its ugly head.

I guess now it is being softened to flexible repairs which still costs them $$$, but maybe less in the long run.

This is the kind of stuff I'm sure the head honchos of companies brainstorm about. The "margin of profit" as it were.

Listen to Clark Howard on this kind of stuff. In fact, if you've got a story of stuff like this, he welcomes it. His show is one of "consumer empowerment".

I can't believe that after more than three years Microsoft still hasn't solved the 360's reliability problems.

On second thought, I can. :(

:lol: Margin of profit, my friend.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, anyone here know what a peltier cooler device is? It's an electronic modular thing that, well, cools stuff. Or how about a large finned heat sink?

I know most of you probably don't give enough of a rats ass about this. However, you could pick up an oil transmission cooler or even a small radiator. A fluid pump. Maybe even just go to radio shack get their cpu cooler kit might eliminate most of this. Still, you'd need some additional parts. Get some fans, tubing..... drill some holes. I guess what I'm saying is if you're crafty, and willing to improvise and scrounge, you could make your own (very effective) cooling system if you don't take the unit anywhere with you. It would probably not cost near as much as a repair. Plus you wouldn't have to go inside it since it would be radiating cool and carrying heat away in large portions.

I'm guessing you mean water cooling it.

They've certainly seemed to have stepped their **** up. Mine died for the first time just about a year ago and it took probably just over a week for me. Glad to see that they don't take weeks like they used to. Also, replacement or fix?

it was a fix all the numbers match my records.

Yeah, actually. Though that atricle was knowledge I did not posess. Thanks! :thmbup1:

I guess, then, other macgyvers out there who have more time and $$$ to concentrate into their game consoles have even gone a bit deeper than I. Fascinating! This gets major + points from me. :)

Usually I do mean offense when it's pointed at you, but this time I don't. You really must not know anything of the console modding scene. Check that sites forums for some amazing Xbox 360 modifications.

It's a good thing...if your 360 E74s from today on. If you're (like me) one that had it happen 5 months ago, maybe opened your console to fix it, or just flat out bought a new one, you'll be pissed.

Thankfully I just sent mine into MS anyways saying it RRoD on me, so I guess I shouldn't be pissed, but yeah. You have your 360 crap out on you a month after the warranty is over.

Archived