Home

Jedi academy?

Sprucemoose

Hello Sprucemoose, welcome to LucasForums!! :) Well, not everyone likes the story of the game, but you might like the lightsaber fights and styles available in it. Halfway through the story, you get to choose either two lightsabers or a lightstaff (of course, there are tons of mods that can overwrite that and let you choose right away from the start). And, you can do lots of neat moves with each type of saber you have. A single saber lets you do a kata like move if you keep clicking and holding down the second mouse button; with two, you do an interesting set of moves; with a lightstaff, same thing. And you get a whole bunch of both new (in one instance, old) bad guys to fight: New Reborns and Cultists, a Twi'lek named Alora, and eventually Tavion at the end of the game.

Is your focus on sp or mp? Well, I can only comment on sp, and I for one have to say that I don't enjoy the swordplay in jasp very much; I can't pinpoint it exactly, but for me it's just not as fun as it is in jk2sp. Also, the opponents tend to spam the (for sp) new force powers rage and drain, which is kinda annyoing. That said, you should get the game at any rate, since there are sooo many great mods for ja that you simply have to experience. There's a thread in the ja forums where you can see shots of some.

Like Nizwiz I only do SP as well, but I liked JA more than JO. I do agree that it felt different at first for some reason even though most of the single saber moves are the same. Just something a little different between the two.

I liked the new models that came with the game, the new saber styles (duals and staff), and improved lightsaber effects (dynamic glow). There is lots of things to do in JA modding that are simple to do. Like changing characters and sabers in game instead of having to deal with Kyle replacements. There is saber editing that lets you change values and moves for particular sabers; think like a role-playing game with +1 attack, or +1 defense and such.

Thing is JA is getting harder to find now days. You'll have to order it online most likely. You should be able to find it reasonably priced though.

But like Nizwiz said there are plenty of SP and MP mods that can keep you entertained for awhile. Heck Mercenary is still making his SP maps.

JKA is awesome, one of the best games ever made (yet)...for both the content, story and the quality of the graphics and the gameplay..and it is nice and LONG! has a great story. enjoy all the little and big details too...you will see much of the SW universe :)

you can get it on Amazon, i got a nice boxed set with the manual and everything there and they have a very good return policy if any thing is broken or damaged or not there, you wlll be very well taken care of.

• 2 months later...

from the MP view....

if you play jk2 1.02 youd hate Jka/jk3

moves like bs and dbs are useless on it

but if u play 1.04 convert to it, it has viechles strict laming rules etc etc alot of things

but you can still play both ;P

DOWNGRADE TO JK2 1.02!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived