Home

You are correct. The PWR_FAN connector is for PSUs that have a plug so that the Motherboard can monitor PSU fan RPM, so you should just leave it alone. That big, bad mobo only has 2 chassis fan connectors? Really? Most full-ATX motherboards have at least 3. There aren't any towards the back, on the bottom or near the I/O ports? There should be 3. Generally, there is 1 towards the front that's midway up, another towards the front on the bottom and the last is towards the rear, but it can either be on the bottom or midway up, near the I/O ports. I'd check again.

As for which card to get, it's just as much about what type of heatsink is under those fans as the fans themselves. It seems that Galaxy and Palit have similar warranties, so I'd probably go for the cheaper one, but that's because I'm a cheapskate. :D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That big, bad mobo only has 2 chassis fan connectors? Really? Most full-ATX motherboards have at least 3. There aren't any towards the back, on the bottom or near the I/O ports? There should be 3. Generally, there is 1 towards the front that's midway up, another towards the front on the bottom and the last is towards the rear, but it can either be on the bottom or midway up, near the I/O ports. I'd check again.

Oh, did i mention that we had to get the P6T rather than the deluxe? yeah. 5 days before ordering, the price shot up by $100! :eyepop

Im looking at the P6T mobo manual, and it specifies 2 chassis fan ports. :/

so I'd probably go for the cheaper one, but that's because I'm a cheapskate.

Nothing wrong with that! :D:lol:

the shop is (finally) opening tommorow. waiting for them has been more excruciating than waiting for the parts to arrive when we initially ordered. The comp is just sitting there, looking awesome, but it can't do anything!

A friend kindly lent us a Radeon 9200, so my sister can use the computer, but win7 uses a generic driver for it and it refuses to take the actual driver because the one its got "is already up to date". its stuck at 1024 x 768 max, and since its not a '3d driver', not even JA plays on it! :hurk:

Im looking at the P6T mobo manual, and it specifies 2 chassis fan ports. :/

Well, in that case they make Y-adapters/splitters for just such an occasion. One of those will allow you to plug 2 fans into one motherboard header. :)

Archived