Home

Help with underwear editing.

Ah, the greatest part of texturing a female character. o_Q

Anyways, make your texture, and call it something similar to the original naming convention of the underwear. in the appearance.2da, in column for underwear model and texture (modela and texa), put in the model for the underwear, and then put your custom texture name in the texa column.

Well which character are you wanting it for? Wouldn't it be possible to just rename your files to the name of the character's current default underwear files and just drop them in the override?

edit: Never mind you're talking about heads. *clueless*

Well which character are you wanting it for? Wouldn't it be possible to just rename your files to the name of the character's current default underwear files and just drop them in the override?

if hes making a new playable head skin, that would end up replacing all the textures for female underwear. So if he made a skin for a new female PC, and named it the same as the other underwear textures, than everyone would have the same undies.

Under the column modela, you need to put the model that you're going to use in that section. In the texacolumn, you need to put the name of the texture you are using. BUT, beware! This is not as simple as it seems. If you put "****" in texa, it will by default look for the textures that go with the model (usually the same name as the model). If using a custom skin (let's say your texture is "rcc2212payback.tga"), you need to add an 01 to the end in order for it to show up on the model. It has something to do with looking for texture variants.

So, if I lost you with my explanation, just rename your skin "skinname01.tga" (without the quotes) and it should work fine.

Under the column modela, you need to put the model that you're going to use in that section. In the texacolumn, you need to put the name of the texture you are using. BUT, beware! This is not as simple as it seems. If you put "****" in texa, it will by default look for the textures that go with the model (usually the same name as the model). If using a custom skin (let's say your texture is "rcc2212payback.tga"), you need to add an 01 to the end in order for it to show up on the model. It has something to do with looking for texture variants.

So, if I lost you with my explanation, just rename your skin "skinname01.tga" (without the quotes) and it should work fine.

For most of the 2da entries, you don't need the number, since most of the specific textures are specified by the uti file. So all that is needed is the "pfbasa" (for example)in the 2da. But for the actual tga file, putting "pfbasa01" works, as you said.

I've never found utis for the underwear models. It must apply only for armor.

Not for the underwear, no. But the way the 2da's work, you wouldn't need to add the specific texture's number to it, since there is only one. And the game would accept the named texture, even though it has the extra two characters.

help! now undies are all white and textureless!

That's because appearance.2da can't read the texa column, type PFBAMCX (lightside) and PFBMACD (darkside if you did it) in texa and texaevil columns (they must be different names from existing textures in-game) and change modela column obviously (you need to check if those names haven't been added to appearance by other mods before!!).

Then name PFBAMCX01.tga and PFBAMCD01.tga the textures that go to Override. That should do it.

hope that helps :thmbup1:

Archived