Home

Star Wars: Fugitives

Psycho's cold eyes met the jedi's as she talked to him. He smiled and looked up at her, pretending to be a good boy. He listened to her talk about what some jedi did and didn't really care. What he did care about is what she said at the end. He had to find Tysyacha Dyvx in 30 days and they would set him free. He nodded in agreement and followed the jedi out the door. He was led to a storage room where his armor was. Psycho put it on, happy to be reunited with it. They had taken all his weapons away except for his two bladed tonfas and the flamethrowers that were in his gauntlets. He left the storage room and went into the hangar where a ship was waiting. He walked up the ramp and made his way into the cockpit. The ship took off and Psycho began to laugh. They were sending one criminal to find another and expected him to play nice. He set the coordinates for Nar Shadaa to pick up a few "items". Psycho knew he couldn't walk around looking like himself so he put a cloak over him. He made his way through the familiar streets until he got to the merchants. He approached an Ithorian merchant, the same one who always supplied him.

"Got anything good?" Psycho said in Ithorian.

"I've got the finest stuff in all of Nar Shadaa."

Psycho let his hood down and stared at him.

"Let's cut the chatter and tell me what you really got."

The Ithorian looked around before taking Psycho behind his counter. He knew what the maniac did to people so he didn't want to make him mad.

"I'm hunting a jedi and need to do so in 30 days. I'll need a sniper, thermal detonators, concussion grenades, mines, a blaster pistol, a saber dart, and my favorite the rocket launcher."

"That's a pretty big order, it'll take a few days."

"You've got two minutes," Psycho said as he pulled out one tonfa.

The Ithorian rushed back and forth giving the criminal what he wanted.

"That reminds me I need one more thing, a stealth generator. I'm tired of this cloak."

The Ithorian knew that this was no ordinary jedi if Psycho was asking for this much stuff. He went and came back one more time. Psycho put the belt on and activated it. He tossed the Ithorian some credits and walked out with his stuff. Things were looking good for Psycho, especially when he saw his target walking through Nar Shadaa. He followed after her until she reached the Ebon Hawk. He stepped back and made his way for his own ship. He watched the Hawk take off and he went after it. Psycho kept his distance, it would be foolish to strike now. He'd wait for the perfect moment to strike.

Run jedi, run! he thought to himself as his ship raced after hers.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The coordinates were set. He rechecked them, or maybe he was just stalling, he was actually enjoying the conversation. He hadn't really talked to someone like this since Dxun.

He chuckled, "Yeah, paperwork is the downside of every job. So, you were a military brat, but didn't want to be in the military? Hmm, see, shows that I was right about your resolve. You were an individual already at that age, a good sign indeed. You're doing investigative work now, correct? It's hard I imagine, but good work....I had a few friends in my clan who were Forensics Experts...that was before the war.."

His hand rested on the hyperdrive throttle. But he did not want to pull back on it, not yet.

T3-M4 beeped an affirmative answer. "Indeed we do. There's a canister full of them in the cargo hold, with a lock across the top in case any of them happen to malfunction and try to escape. The code is 7-2-4. Although, if you really want to hone your skills, especially against a Jedi type, then I propose..."

...a DUEL? WHAT?!? Get your head on straight, you crazy character! There will be time enough for that if--and when--Juhani finds out what you are. Once she discovers that you killed two Jedi operatives on Eriadu, even before Bastila came, she will never forgive you. She will think you are no better than Bastila herself, trying to execute a brand of vigilante justice when you know that isn't justice at all. Save your breath and save your strength. You'll need it when the Cathar decides to fight you, and she will if she pries out your little secret...

Out loud, Tysyacha only said, "...a bit more difficult of an opponent. There's an outdated, obsolete assassin droid that T3 shut down to keep the ship safe. He's in the storage compartment, which I kept well-sealed. If you have any trouble with him, signal me and I'll detonate the non-lethal charge to blow him to slag. If Bastila is as far gone as you say, he'd be better to fight."

"Ah, the war..." Chandria sighed. "Bad business, that." That was all she would say, and as much as she was going to say, about the war. She would not tell him that the suspect he was trailing was the very same one who had brought an end to the Mandalorian crusade through wiping every last one of them out at Malachor V. She would not tell him that Tysyacha Dvyx knew Mandalorian tactics, although from what he had said, he knew that much already. Most of all, she would not tell him that her parents had almost gone to fight in the war...

"Anyway, I've got to get back to work. Good hunting, and good luck," she said, signing off of the comlink with a definitive click. Business was business, and she had more of it to do. Besides, it was no good mixing business and pleasure, no matter how much the conversation with the bounty hunter had invigorated her. She'd get a good report from him soon, Chandria suspected.

Going back to her paperwork, she wondered why she felt so strangely warm.

"Indeed we do. There's a canister full of them in the cargo hold, with a lock across the top in case any of them happen to malfunction and try to escape. The code is 7-2-4. Although, if you really want to hone your skills, especially against a Jedi type, then I propose..."

Juhani winced as the Exile left off her sentance. "Something happend didn't it? You made a mistake...a bad one. Do not feel bad, I've...made them as well..."

She put her hand on the exile's head and had a sad look in her eyes. "Mistakes exist so that we may learn from them...And yours is no different. No matter how much we try...no matter how much we wish to, we can never forget or sometimes forgive ourselves. The guilt...the embarrasment is a reminder not to repeat the mistake."

"...a bit more difficult of an opponent. There's an outdated, obsolete assassin droid that T3 shut down to keep the ship safe. He's in the storage compartment, which I kept well-sealed. If you have any trouble with him, signal me and I'll detonate the non-lethal charge to blow him to slag. If Bastila is as far gone as you say, he'd be better to fight."

It can't be...I thought Revan took him with him to the unknown regions!

"Hk-47...It can't be...Tell me you have the parts to reactivate him! Please!" Juhani's voice softend. "He...holds many memories from my time on the Hawk. And besides...When Bastila and I will fight...I want to know everything he knows about fighting force users..."

Tysyacha could not have been more grateful, or more relieved, that the subject of Juhani's thoughts had shifted from her "mistake" to that of the rusty, rude, and utterly ready assassin droid. When she told the Cathar that yes, the parts to reactivate HK-47 were also located in the cargo hold (in the same canister with all the training droids, just in case), T3-M4 suddenly flashed his eye.

He let out a loud stream of beeps, tweedles, chirps, dwirps, and Brank! Brank's! that could only mean one thing: he was cursing a blue streak.

"T3!" the Exile cried, rushing over to him and hugging him like she would a child who was throwing a temper tantrum. "This is only for training purposes. Juhani here wants to test her skill against him in case she has to fight some Jedi--or Sith--in the course of our journey." After letting out his millionth worried dwoooo, he suddenly acted as if he remembered something...or someone. Uncertainly, he wheeled himself toward Juhani.

"Eerp?" he asked, an introduction of sorts, trying to focus his eye on the Cathar's face. He was an old droid and getting older, and yes, even droids' memories failed them from time to time. Nevertheless, T3 was sure...

"This is only for training purposes. Juhani here wants to test her skill against him in case she has to fight some Jedi--or Sith--in the course of our journey."

"That...is not quite true. I did travel with the droid as well...and to be fair I did miss his unique brand of humor. I would like to speak with him. Besides, he may recognize me."

"Eerp?"

Juhani turned toward T3 and smiled gently as she knelt down on one knee in front of him. "I wasn't going to say anything T3...You remember me don't you? You remember chasing Carth around the Hawk with your shock arm as well, correct?"

She took a closer look at him. "What happend to you T3? I promise you...as soon as I get the credits...I promise I'll fix you...a complete diagnostic followed by an overhaul."

She sighed and looked up at the Exile. "So much has changed...so much is different now. This little droid used to be able to outrun...well, outwheel anyone."

"Anyway, I've got to get back to work. Good hunting, and good luck."

Gelvik opened his mouth to reply, but the comm clicked off. He sighed and deactivated the comm as well. It was probably time to get moving anyway. At least he'd enjoyed the conversation.

He pulled the hyperspace throttle back, and the Basalisk roared into the stars.

I'll be able to talk to her again...I'll have to send back a report sometime soon...

He found himself feeling a happiness that he had not felt in long time, and he was basking in it. Gelvik smiled and leaned back in his chair, now he'd just have to wait...

"He still can," Tysyacha giggled. "Without the Force, I'm a slow mover, and I walk with a limp. You can hardly see it now, but if I'm not concentrating..."

War leaves many scars, but rarely does it blind one to the Force...

"Anyway, I'll leave you to find HK and get to practicing your skills with a lightsaber. Be careful, though. The last time I even tried to activate him to see if he was still functioning, he almost shot my arm off! He's like an old man--a dangerous, senile old man that's made out of metal." She snorted.

Suddenly, her spine went ramrod-stiff. Juhani had offered to repair T3, and not only that, but to repair him completely. If she did that, she would have full access to his holorecordings--which was fine--but to his incoming data? The Exile would not have it. Could not have it if she was to survive and keep running. That was how Bastila contacted her, and would contact her in the future, with demands for more credits. Tysyacha's only hope was to pray that Juhani wouldn't be able to decipher Bastila's code.

"I'm one thousand parsecs away" meant that Bastila needed 1,000 credits.

"Two missions were aborted" referred to the two spies that Tysyacha killed.

"Eight years of gridlock" meant eight years of Tysyacha being locked--up.

"Reports come my way all the time" meant "I've got my eye on you, Exile."

And, last but not least, "White always wins" meant "Good always wins".

Not even Juhani would be able to figure all that out unless she knew...

Almost as soon as Chandria clicked her comlink off, she got another call.

"Officer Sakhar? Grand Master Shan speaking. Excellent work! Your sketches are superbly detailed, and I daresay that one of them--not the Mandalorian, mind you, but the old man--reminds me of someone I used to know. It cannot be sheer coincidence, because the Force influences all life and all things. Our new helmeted bounty hunter, and also Agent One, are now in pursuit of the suspect. That's well and good. However, I want you to find the black male and tell him that an old friend of his wants to meet him."

Chandria was curious. "How do you know him, Grand Master? Who is he?"

"It's truly none of your concern, but if you must know, he traveled with me long ago, when I was still a Jedi Knight. If you find him, Sakhar, arrange a meeting between the two of us on Citadel Station in one of the private conference rooms. Also get a transport shuttle for us in case we wish to go to the Temple. Understood?" Chandria answered affirmatively and hung up.

I am not a maid. I am not a secretary. I am not a personal assistant. I am not a servant or valet. I am a respected member of the TSF, and a spy!

Yet, as long as I'm around her or in range of her voice, I know she doesn't mean to treat me like someone who only does menial work. It's just her way, her manner of speaking and dealing with people. I'm just being paranoid.

Resolving to quit whining and start working, Chandria went to locate the man.

"Anyway, I'll leave you to find HK and get to practicing your skills with a lightsaber. Be careful, though. The last time I even tried to activate him to see if he was still functioning, he almost shot my arm off! He's like an old man--a dangerous, senile old man that's made out of metal."

Juhani nodded and went off to retrieve the parts and then she cautiously went up to the old droid.

He still has the rust stains. Somethings may have changed...but somethings never will.

Juhani looked down at the blaster in the droid's hand and chuckled quietly as she removed it.

She quickly inserted the parts needed to activate and quickly stood back as the droid shook and then the red photoreceptors blinked once and then became steady.

"Decleration:HK-47 is ready to serve. Wha-? Where is my blaster...wait...you look familiar. Have we met at some point? Self Correcting answer: Impossible...If we had met you/I would not be alive."

Juhani sighed as the droid continued babbling to itself. She quickly got behind it and opened up a small control panel in the back of HK's head."

"Confused Statement: Why are there two of you? And what is a meatbag?"

The sooner I rewire him the better. That just is not right. Now...how did Revan do it? Left red to secondary blue? Yes...I believe that is correct.

Juhani connected the two wires and a few other odd ones and the droid jolted a few times as sparks and gaps in it's memory began to fill.

"Statement: Primary memory is resetting. Combat functions resetting to maximum operating levels. Ohhh...my head...Wait! Who is working on my internal circuts?!"

Juhani stepped in front of the HK and looked up at him. "Hello droid. It's been quite a while hasn't it?"

The droid looked down at her. "The Cathar meatbag! I did not expect to see you again. I would have expected you to have been terminated by now."

Telos

It's time I get moving. I've already drawn too much attention to myself here and the last thing I want is Bastila or one of her pawns coming after me.

Jolee quietly got up and left the cantina as quickly as he could. That lass...something is wrong with her.

"Sir, our spies have detected the Jedi Exile in Coruscant."

"Coruscant? Darn that woman. Send the Immortals."

The "Immortals" Gorrak referred to are an elite group of pistol-toting gunmen. They are famous for getting close to their target before disposing of them. The immortals don't have identities. Two immortals were sent. The first one, a Caucasian Human, was tasked in the elimination of a Cathar Jedi accompanying the exile. The second, a black woman was tasked in abducting the Exile and bringing her back to their master, Gorrak.

Chandria took her time in locating the "elderly black male" that she'd met earlier. She knew he was already suspicious of her, although in her own mind, he didn't need to be. The Jedi were the Jedi, and they stood for order, peace, justice and honor. They always had, and they always would, so why had he said what he did back when he was still with the Mandalorian?

Once she had found him, a great wave of embarrassment swept over her.

"Look," she began slowly, praying to the Force or whatever gods the ancients worshipped that the old man would not be too offended. "I'm sorry I treated your friend the way I did. That was wrong of me. He wasn't a child; he'd only had a little too much to drink back in the cantina. I also shouldn't have blown you off. That's not at all what we in the TSF have been trained to do."

She winced a little--trained to do? What was she, a serving droid? Chandria quickly backpedaled. "My superior, the one who's even higher than my boss here on Citadel Station, is coming for a visit. Apparently, she's heard of you, and she says she's an old friend of yours. If she's right and isn't just playing tricks or something like that, I've arranged for her to be in Conference Room C at 1400 hours, which is coming up pretty soon. She wants to meet you. Whether you do or not is up to you, but I suggest you consider it."

A pause. The old man had the best "pazaak face" that she'd ever seen...

"My superior, the one who's even higher than my boss here on Citadel Station, is coming for a visit. Apparently, she's heard of you, and she says she's an old friend of yours. If she's right and isn't just playing tricks or something like that, I've arranged for her to be in Conference Room C at 1400 hours, which is coming up pretty soon."

Jolee leaned in close to her. "If my hunch is right...then your 'superior' has fallen...at least partially fallen to the darkside. I think you should think about a career change young lady. Stay alive longer that way."

He turned and headed for the confrence room.

Ebon Hawk

Juhani handed the droid the blaster she had appropriated from him earlier. "You were badly damaged and were behaving oddly. It appears some wires and circuts had been shaken lose. I fixed you."

HK-47 blinked his red diode eyes. "Begrudging Admiration: Your repair skills are far beyond those of an ordinary meatbag. I soundly appreciate the attention." He stopped short for a minute: "Query: Why did you reactivate me? Are there certain hostilities you want terminated? I can do so."

Telos, Citadel Station, 1400 Hours

Bastila Shan hadn't changed a bit. Other than the shining-steel gray in her long brown tresses, her face was still the same pale, heart-shaped vision that had entranced Revan so long ago. Yes, there were the beginnings of crow's feet in the corners of her eyes and deeper creases around her firm, full lips, but no one would ever consider her ugly unless they were insane.

She wore her brown, full-length Grand Master's Robe, adapted from one Master Atris who, coincidentally, had once set up her headquarters in the polar regions of the very planet Bastila was now on. Her hair was sculpted on top of her head in an elegant twist, and her eyes shone as luminously as ever. With the easy grace that came so naturally to her, she sat down in a plush chair in Conference Room C across from the man she came to visit.

"Jolee!" she cried, smiling warmly, without a trace of deception in her voice. "I knew it was you the moment I saw Chandria's sketch. I'm sorry you might have had some unpleasant difficulties with her. She is still too rash and impatient for my taste. However, I didn't call you here to talk about her! How are you, and how have you been doing since our travels with Lord--Revan?"

The Basalisk came out of hyperspace above the busy, traffic-filled, space lanes, of Nar Shadaa.

He pulled the ship into a dive, and roared down past the numerous craft speeding past him. The Basalisk nearly scraped the side of a freightor, but Gelvik pulled hard on the control stick, and spiraled down in a controlled dive.

He then broke out of the dive, pulling up and navigating his way through the tall buildings that covered Nar Shadaa entirely. He then began searching the landing pads. The Mandalorian didn't know if the Exile still used the Ebon Hawk, so he needed to contact Chandria again. If he had that last bit of information, then everything else would fall into place.

He activated the comm, "Chandria, are you there?"

Chandria activated her comlink. "Par Sakhar here. I copy loud and clear."

She hoped that the old man she had met and directed toward Conference Room C had gone there. Her superior was a very--intense woman, driven by duty and her great devotion to the greater good of the galaxy. If, as Chandria suspected, the old man was important to her plans, then he had better show up to meet her. Otherwise...

She didn't like to think of what would happen otherwise. It was better not to know.

As he sat down to contemplate, Drayden experienced something very unexpected. A flier, dancing on the slow wind of the understreets, blew right onto his face, and then continued to move about down the dark passages. Standing, his heart pounding for a reason that he didn't understand, his eyes traced the flier until the wind stopped pushing it about.

Walking slowly, making sure no one was present, he approached the flier and then snatched it up. It was wrinkled, but the distortion was not great enough to cover up the blaring message that it conveyed.

Join the Jedi?

Bastila Shan, the leader of the Jedi Order. He'd seen her face so many times on the holonews, but something about her seemed off. In his eyes, she was a frightening character, one who had the look of a murderer, or at least a cold complexion that longed to kill. He had heard tales of the Sith Lords before, and for some reason she reminded him of them. But he also knew, somehow, that she wasn't a Sith Lord. She was just another power-hungry individual that had an endless list of things she wanted.

Join the Jedi my--

Through the Force, he recognized a presence. But then it passed. However, it was enough to alert him that he had to keep moving. Something piqued his curiosity, however.

Where had the flier come from, way down here in the understreets? Sure, this entire place was a wasteland full of thieves and thugs, but the flier did not look like the type that would simply be handed out to someone down here.

Perhaps it was a chance coincidence. Or perhaps it was something else. But, regardless, he wanted to learn more about Bastila. Rumors had spread about a new bounty out, and he hadn't considered it because of the danger involved. Searching for answers to his strangely irritating questions seemed like a priority for now, however.

So he began to walk once more down the lonely streets, thinking back to all the things he had done. Maybe he could make a small change in his life for a bit. Go find out about this Bastila. It seemed like a good idea. Still, he needed money and a place to hide for now, and that wasn't going to be easy.

Time for another bloody contract.

"Par Sakhar here. I copy loud and clear."

He continued searching most of the Landing Pads.

"Very good...do you have any files on what the Exile is using for transportation...is she still using the 'Ebon Hawk?"

His HUD was already scanning through the docking reports. If he could find her ship, everything would move extremely fast...he'd be able to collect on this job very soon.

"As far as I know, she is. That's what my Master--er, superior--told me." Chandria sucked in her breath as quietly as she dared. "Sorry. All that talk about the Jedi and the Mandalorian Wars must have filtered over into my regular work," she said, joking.

"As far as I know, she is. That's what my Master--er, superior--told me. Sorry. All that talk about the Jedi and the Mandalorian Wars must have filtered over into my regular work."

He chuckled, "Heh, I'm sure. That happens to me as well."

Gelvik could feel something...else about what Chandria had said. He had picked up the ability to pick out feelings or motives when someone spoke, really just enhanced observation. The way she said 'Master' was spoken with a sincerity, and a sense of duty...at least, that is what Gelvik had picked up. Her attempt to throw him off what she said worked to confirm that Chandria had to be more then just a capable TSF officer. He was sure of it when he had spoken to her earlier, but that was a different feeling.

He wanted to know what she was.

"Chandria...this may sound interesting...but..uh...after this assignment, I would very much like to talk to you, just person-to-person, if you catch my meaning."

Something caught his eye, a familiar transponder code. It was the Ebon Hawk's transponder, it was labeled on the code list that was posted on his HUD. He was in the right area, he just needed to contact the dock-controllers, and he'd be able to find them.

"I'm onto something."

Chandria perked up her ears. "Really? That fast, eh?" She leaned forward at her desk. "Do tell. My superior wants frequent reports, and the more frequent, the better. What have you found?" She took another sip of her water. As she waited for a response, she added, "I'd very much like to talk to you person-to-person as well. Before I met you, I thought all Mandalorians were thugs."

She cringed. "For the millionth time...sorry. You can sign off if you want."

After Juhani had left to reactivate HK-47, Tysyacha turned to the Twi'lek smuggler, Niera. "You must be phenomenal at your trade--or at least have phenomenally-sensitive lekku--to have heard of the UMBRA device. As far as I'm concerned, if you talk about it to the wrong people, you get killed. True?"

"For the millionth time...sorry. You can sign off if you want."

Gelvik nodded to himself, "It's okay, we're known like that for a reason, that was our fault. I understand what you really meant, so no offense is taken."

It was true, the Mandalorians had done some pretty horrible things in their past, they practically deserved to be called thugs.

"Oh...and I've discovered the transponder code for the Ebon Hawk. I don't have their destination logged, but I'm going to check with the Dock Authorities, they'll know due to the roster kept on all ships coming and leaving the system."

He landed the Basalisk on a pad not far from the nearest Control Tower.

"Have you picked up any other information," Gelvik said, as he unstrapped his safety-harness and began to equip.

Archived