Home

Star Wars: Fugitives

"Alright, I'll leave her alone" Psycho replied as he took a step with his bad leg.

Pain shot up through his leg and he almost fell back down. He pulled out a needle and injected himself with it. It contained a very small amount of Gen'Dai blood in it, a little something he stole from the Ithorian merchant back on Nar Shadaa. The Gen'Dai blood combined with Pyscho's bone tissue cells and re grew the knee back.

"Its good to make new friends, isn't it Mr...?"

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Its good to make new friends, isn't it Mr...?"

"Gelvik...Gelvik Verokin."

The Mandalorian found it slightly strange that Pyscho was trusting so quickly..but perhaps that was for the best. If they were going to bring him along on the mission, trusting eachother would be the first thing to do.

"Well, we've got to get moving.."

"Well, we've got to get moving.."

Psycho nodded in agreement and began walking back to Bastila's office.

"Hey you know what's fun to do, annoy ol brighteyes. Just walk in their like you own the place and bug her as much as possible. After all you are helping her. You know what else, we need a name for ur team up. I was thing the Psycholorians."

Psycho let that sink in as he kept walking to the office. His leg was feeling much better and he was happy. He opened the door to Bastila's office with a wide grin hiding under his helmet.

"Brighteyes I'm back! they were all out of your favorite flowers so I didn't bring any back."

Bastila's eyes were filled with thoughts of murder. Not only had Agent One returned, but he and the Mandalorian seemed to have teamed up. This was not good news. In fact, this was the worst news that the Grand Master of the Jedi Order had heard all week. She turned to Chandria, wanting to reach out and squeeze someone's throat until their neck snapped and they bled out the mouth. Nevertheless, all she did was smile wryly and tell her TSF spy:

"Chandria? This is Agent One, who is also on the trail of the Jedi Exile suspect. Agent One? This is Chandria Par Sakhar, TSF officer and one of my acolytes. She is not officially a member of our Order, but if she succeeds in capturing the murderer of two of our other spies, she will duly bypass the Padawan designation and become a Jedi Knight." Chandria stared at Psycho, but she did not bow. The aura surrounding him was of one essence: evil.

She--Chandria, that is--wanted to choke the criminal scum in the same manner in which Bastila wanted to choke someone else. Nevertheless, she restrained herself. She was a true Jedi, unlike the Grand Master, and she would not kill this fellow bounty hunter of hers. "Hello," she said icily. "My name is Chandria Par Sakhar, TSF Officer and Jedi Special Operative. I do not trust you. If you're going to hunt the Exile, fine, but you're going to have to do it without my help. May the best bounty hunter win. I hope you lose."

She almost spat on the ground again. "You don't deserve two million credits."

"Juhani?" Tysyacha Dvyx knew that the Ebon Hawk would land on Ord Mantell very shortly. All the same, she wanted to get a couple of hours of training in before they arrived on its surface. "Please give me a crash course on the techniques you know. At least enough for me to make full use of my Stealth Generator belt before we go after the crime lord with the UMBRA."

"Please give me a crash course on the techniques you know. At least enough for me to make full use of my Stealth Generator belt before we go after the crime lord with the UMBRA."

She shook her head in mock despair. "Why didn't you pay attention the last two times I talked to you about it?"

"Now..."I want you to surround yourself in the force. Let it cloak your presence...hide your presence. This is an important step of the process, it will make it easier to actually cloak yourself when the times comes to learn it."

Outside the Citadel

Jolee tracked their position through the force as best he could. He was old and it was much easier then for him then some of the younger jedi.

Now lets see here...Either they're heading for Nar Shaddaa or Ord Mantell...Hmmm...Mantell seems to be the most logical destination, what with the smugger's moon crawling with Bounty Hunters.

He entered the coordinates and watched as the stars turned to lines in front of him. He leaned back in his chair and grimanced.

Damn chairs.

"You don't deserve two million credits."

Gelvik had seen the short conversation between Psycho and Chandria, and her cold response had even stopped the Mandalorian in his boots.

She was obviously wanting the advancement to Knight pretty badly. He couldn't blame her, the title of Knight sounded very prestigous, but hopefully ambition wouldn't cloud her judgement. He'd already seen such things happen often in the Mandalorian military. None of them ended very well.

Gelvik simply waited by the side, not entirely knowing what he was going to do, or what would happen next. The situation already seemed tense, but at least Bastila wasn't paying any specific attention as to what had happened earlier. He hoped that they wouldn't encounter any more problems with Bastila, he'd had enough of the Jedi already.

Tysyacha slapped herself on the forehead again. She remembered a time when her teacher of shakhmaty first tried to help her master the basics. "Move your rook. No, your rook," he'd said when she promptly moved her knight.

"Gad! Sorry!" She shook her head rapidly to clear it and then closed her eyes. Think of Kreia. Think of all she meant to you. Think of the lie, the hoax, she helped to expose without cutting down a single enemy with blaster fire. She taught you that life is possible without the Force, so make it absent in you...

The Exile "blanked out" inside the Force, retreating inside the hole, the wound, she still possessed even after all these years. Would Juhani be satisfied?

"Gad! Sorry!"

Juhani watched the celling as the exile seemed to blink out of existance for a few moments before returning. Juhani could barely sense her but she could sense her nontheless.

"You carry a wound. You can't retreat inside that wound. You need to blanket yourself with the force, let it cover you and hide your presence. When you retreat inside the wound I can still sense you slightly. Imagine if you tried that with Bastila aroud. She would pick it up in an instant. Now...let the force hide your presence instead of retreating inside the wound."

Kriff. Tysyacha tried again, calling the Force to surround her. What had Juhani learned--what did she know--that the Exile herself had not realized yet? It had something to do with the Force, something with fear, something with what Kreia had taught her, and yes, something even to do with her favorite game. Nevertheless, she could not do it. She could sense herself, and if she could sense herself, she knew that the Cathar could sense her. I will not cry. I am strong. I will not be weak, not this time, or the hunters will catch me...

Gelvik took a step forward and confronted Bastila.

"So...what is it that you need done...capturing the Exile? Or do you have any ulterior motives?"

The question had popped in his head, and he felt a need to get it into the open.

For some reason, Bastila seemed corrupt, and if she was, then everyone needed to know. A corrupt Jedi was dangerous.

Juhani blinked in suprise as the presence of the exile suddenly blinked out. "That's it! I don't know how you did it so quickly but you managed to mask your presence in the force."

"Now...if you wish to take a quick rest you should. This next part is very difficult and it just keeps getting harder as we go along."

Bastila's eyes turned to stones as cold as those of Malachor V, which had been torn asunder. "My only motivation is to capture the Exile, bounty hunter. After all, she slew two of our other spies who were trying to infiltrate the Exchange's operation on the planet of Eriadu. Garrun Thax, a human male, and Yorran Thul, a Rodian, are dead. They were struck down by a lightsaber--Tysyacha Dvyx's. All I want is justice. That's why Chandria hired you, and why I heartily approve of her choice. I only wish you just as heartily approved of me and the Order."

She folded her hands on the desk in front of her, not saying another word.

"My only motivation is to capture the Exile, bounty hunter. After all, she slew two of our other spies who were trying to infiltrate the Exchange's operation on the planet of Eriadu. Garrun Thax, a human male, and Yorran Thul, a Rodian, are dead. They were struck down by a lightsaber--Tysyacha Dvyx's. All I want is justice. That's why Chandria hired you, and why I heartily approve of her choice. I only wish you just as heartily approved of me and the Order."

Gelvik nodded and chuckled, "I'm Mandalorian, we're naturally suspicious of people like you, Master Jedi...well unless you earn our trust..."

He glanced at Chandria, "Anyway...we need to start collecting leads and finding contacts if we're going to find the Exile. She's already moved extremely fast as it is, and it sounds like you want her captured as soon as possible, so as to avoid any more...accidents."

He looked at Pyscho, "This man will come along...as much as I would dislike to...he'll come in use. I also request that Chandria come along, she'd be incredibly useful with her forensic ability."

Chandria almost became violently ill. Being on the same ship with that--thing... Nevertheless, she nodded. "May I accompany them, Master Shan?"

Bastila sighed, her expression weary yet untrusting. "You may. You'd certainly do more good out in the open and on the actual trail of the Exile than you would being stuck here on Telos in your office. However, I must warn you, Agent One, that if you harm her, you will be executed immediately--either by the Mandalorian, by Chandria herself, or by me via the Force. Understood?"

Tysyacha meditated for a good twenty minutes and then opened her eyes. "I'm here," she said to warn Juhani, for she had done the cloaking technique while she meditated--just to practice her skills, of course. "What's the next lesson?"

"What's the next lesson?"

Juhani cloaked herself in the force and then moved behind the exile and let the cloak fade around her. "Now you are going to learn how to bend the lightwaves around you to render you invisible. This stage of the teaching will be taught in three steps."

Juhani sat down next to her and cloaked herself in the force. "The first step is to bend the lightwaves when sitting still. This will be quite difficult for you but it is the easiest of the three steps."

"Now concentrate...and bend them. Try and bend all the light that is directed toward you...and then use to the force to mask your presence."

"You may. You'd certainly do more good out in the open and on the actual trail of the Exile than you would being stuck here on Telos in your office. However, I must warn you, Agent One, that if you harm her, you will be executed immediately--either by the Mandalorian, by Chandria herself, or by me via the Force. Understood?"

"Oh..I'm sure he understands that...it seems we all want to kill him."

He motioned for Chandria to follow.

"Time is of the essence....we'll leave immediately...for where...I'll figure that out."

After some persuasion and exchanging of credits from hand to hand, Sam'kil made it to Carths apartment.

Hope this works better than with Bastila.

"Carth, hello my good old friend, hows it been?" Sam'kil said, stepping in and greeting the old Republic Pilot.

" And who are... Sam'kil?" Carth said. Sam'kil had made no attempt to hide himself or cloak his Identity, Carth would react better than Bastila.

" Hey, nice to se you again after, what? Ten years? I've lost count after 8." Sam'kil said, laughing heartily.

"Listen, before we get reaqcainted, I'm not here for that. I'm searching for the 'Exile', Tysyacha. You know her. Have you seen her recently?" Sam'kil implored, hoping to get a good answer.

"No, I haven't seen her, but her ship, the Ebon Hawk, albeit with new transponder codes, it arrived not long ago." Carth said.

"Thats great, real great pal." Sam'kil said, grinning with the biggest smile he'd ever given.

"She's not here now, however. No, she left for a general direction of elsewhere a while back. Sorry." Carth finished.

Sam'kil swore. Oh well, I've some time to kill.So they got reacquainted, and a few hours later, Sam'kil was meditating , searching the force for a sign of Tysy.

Drayden had fallen asleep again, and awoke startled. Something was going on, obviously, because his strange feeling was coming back, only this time very strongly.

In fact, two things were going on.

Through a connection of some sort that he did not understand, he felt the presence of the hole he had seen in his dream...he did not know how to explain it. Only that they were definitely one and the same. A hole, not in space, but in the fabric of the universe...unknown to Drayden as the Force. The wound in space was only there for a few moments, however, and then it was gone, just as quickly as it had come.

And back in the physical realm, Drayden's ship was now beeping because it had just detected a ship traveling through hyperspace near his location. It seems he had precognition to notice it in advance, but that still didn't give him any time to do something about it.

So he slipped into hyperspace just as he tracked the ship being ahead of him, and began to follow it. He did not know whether the ship could detect his or not, but it did not matter.

Drayden had the strange feeling about this ship, too.

This is just too much for one day.

((I was intending the ship to be Jolee's.))

"Ord Mantell." Tysy wrinkled her nose. "One big, reeking junkyard." The Ebon Hawk landed unceremoniously at the main spaceport, unnoticed by the cantankerous and mean-spirited crowd. "Let's hope we find this crime lord quickly. Otherwise, I think we'd better head for Nal Hutta--even it smells better than this place." Breathing deeply, using the technique she learned from Kreia, the Exile turned her stealth generator belt on. "Ready to move out, Juhani? Niera?" She noticed T3-M4 and HK-47 suddenly come up to the cockpit.

"Query: Are you planning on departing the vessel again, Master?"

"Yes, HK. Please guard the ship with T3. We don't want any more thieves."

"Resignation: Very well, Master, though I do suspect you need my help."

Tysyacha highly doubted that. She waited for the Twi'lek and the Cathar.

(@Tysy: I think you're thinking of Raxus Prime, which actually is a junkyard planet. I don't think Ord Mantell is. Also, how are we going to handle the Twi'lek crime lord?)

"I'm ready." Niera replied, activating her stealth generator and stepping out. Though Tysyacha had instructed her to keep her metal bikini in her pack until they reached the crime lord's base of operations, but in truth, while Tysy and the Cathar were sparring, she had put it on under her clothes to save later. It was uncomfortable, but worth it. And of course, she had to put on a different top which showed considerably less cleavage, and she hoped they wouldn't notice.

((Stop following me :xp:))

Juhani slowly stepped out into the smelly air of the planet Ord Mantell. This places smells worse then Nar Shaddaa ever did.

She turned toward the sky and narrowed her eyes. "I do hope that Crimelord is here. Although I don't understand how he could take the particular stench of this planet."

She looked with distaste toward the entrance. "Lets go. And try to be quick about this."

Above Ord Mantell

Jolee could sense the force presence of the one who was pursuing him and he didn't like it.

"Damn the...I guess you could call it tracking strategies of the young." he muttered under his breath as he brought the ship back into hyperspace nearly ten seconds after he had brought it out.

Sorry Kid, I'm being followed. Looks like I won't be able to help you after all. he sent the message through the force.

"My name is Chandria Par Sakhar, TSF Officer and Jedi Special Operative. I do not trust you. If you're going to hunt the Exile, fine, but you're going to have to do it without my help. May the best bounty hunter win. I hope you lose."

"You broke all of my defenses there Chandria, I guess its why the 'truth' hurts." Psycho shot back implying he had overheard her without letting Bastila catch on.

"You don't deserve two million credits."

"You know, if I had a credit for every TSF officer I killed I'd already have two million credits," he shot back again.

"However, I must warn you, Agent One, that if you harm her, you will be executed immediately--either by the Mandalorian, by Chandria herself, or by me via the Force. Understood?"

"Of course Master Shan, track her down and bring her back as if I had just found her."

Psycho followed after his new "friend" Gelvik.

"So what's the plan for the Psycholorians Gelvik?"

"So what's the plan for the Psycholorians Gelvik?"

"If you are going to name a team, give it a better name."

Gelvik turned to leave Bastila's office.

"I'll be completely honest...I don't know where...we don't have any contacts...perhaps the Criminal Underworld may have some things to say, but I don't know, we'll see."

He began walking towards the Space Port.

"There's enough for 3 on the Basalisk, but it'll be cramped. So you and Chandria can't kill eachother until the mission is done..."

"There's enough for 3 on the Basalisk, but it'll be cramped. So you and Chandria can't kill eachother until the mission is done..."

Pyscho shot Chandria a quick glance and laughed.

"Don't worry Gelvik, by the end of the day we'll all be the bestest of friends!" he said as he put his arms around both of them.

"That reminds me, I gotta get my stuff. I call shotgun!" Pyscho yelled as he ran back to the ship he landed with.

Pyscho took a look around the ship deciding what he should and shouldn't bring. It didn't take him long before he decided he needed all his weapons. Pyscho put them in a crate and took off back towards the Basalisk. It was still there which was a good sign for him. He walked up the ramp and placed the crate somewhere. He then looked in and out of the ship until he found Gelvik.

"I know what we should do, maybe Chandria can locate the Exile through the force. That'll save us some time and some broken skulls."

Drayden smiled as the ship dropped out of hyperspace. Suddenly the strange feeling came back. He almost felt like he heard a voice, but it was unintelligible.

I must still be half-asleep.

Luckily, however, the strong presence of the other ship and the vector of the ship gave Drayden all of the knowledge he needed. Because now, as he continued on his course to Ord Mantell, he felt certain that he would find something there.

While, of course, he could be out of his mind, something else spurred him on. Perhaps it was his indomitable will--or perhaps it was the Force. But, he didn't know anything about that, and so he continued on in ignorance towards the planet. There was no sign of the ship he had been following behind him. He had a pretty good head-start already, he figured.

It was going to be some time before Drayden arrived at the planet, and he had spent the last half hour arguing with himself half-asleep. Finally, as he began to notice that he was nearing the planet, his mood broke.

Within the darkness of his heart he searched space once more, as he had done before, looking for something....He was not quite sure what. But no, there was nothing there, just an endless void. It made him comfortable and yet sad at the same time.

He had spent his entire life so far getting by on doing the lowest possible crimes he could do. All this time, he had had so many mixed emotions about it, but there didn't appear to be a way out. But he just wanted to run away from his problems, and away from the bad feelings he'd experienced. He wanted to have control.

And was that so wrong?

He was about to argue with himself....But wait, there it was. A very faint presence. There was no strange feeling in him this time. No, this time there was a very empty feeling. Like a hole, a wound. It made no sense.

And there before him, as the ship dropped out of hyperspace and activated the sublight engines, was Ord Mantell. But, with Drayden's eyes closed, all he could see when he looked at the planet was a black hole.

He did not know why, but he was drawn to it. Possibly he didn't even have a choice of whether he could avoid it or not. But, whether anyone else saw it or not, Drayden felt something on this planet that he could only guess was because they were similar. He was empty, and here he found another emptiness....

While the Force can conceal you from others like you, what of the emptiness left behind? Is it possible to conceal that as well?

Archived