Home

SOMI:SE Problems

daltysmilth

Got exactly the same problem; downloaded from stream but when I launch it it brings up the error message.

Tried uninstalling and downloading it again but same message. :(

I'm really cheesed off too, I'm off work with flu and feelin miserable. When I checked steam to see that MI was available it really cheered me up.... :crybaby:

Anyone else had issues with the steam version. Is there anywhere else it can be downloaded from?

Cheers,

Jonny

Since I've already paid for it on steam, would I have to pay for it again on Xbox Live?

Of course.

The Problem I had was it didn't transition from the credits into the game. There was still movement but nothing happened. I tried skipping with backspace which fixed it.

There is a fella on the telltale forums who's havin the - 'somi se has encountered a problem and needs to shut down' problem. He got through to Steam who say it's a Lucasarts problem (makes sense I suppose). He's been in touch with them and is waiting to hear back.

I'll keep everone here up to date.

I'd really recommend looking through the Steam MI:SE forum. It's got a lot of different solutions to lots of different problems, including a really obscure one that was causing me problems: using a higher DPI on Windows 7 causes the game to crash as soon as it's launched.

Archived