Home

Firefox or Safari?

Trench

I use Firefox on my desktop with a bunch of addons, and Chrome on my netbook. The last time I tried to use IE it killed my computer via about 50 billion trojans/adware/spyware programs. This necessitated a reinstall of Windows to ensure they were all gone, and I haven't touched IE since.

Heh, the last time I used IE I got about a hundred types of the Win32 virus. I was able to find a pretty powerful clean up program but I've still got some stuff left over.

When these browser developers talk about speed, you need to assume the mental state of an Olympic Timing Official, as its all in milliseconds.. not really that relevant.

Here's a nice graph where browsers are represented by the magnitude they are faster than IE7 ;)

34012.jpg

The add-ons are what makes FF for me. The great thing with FF, you can make it look like most other browsers. Many network admins are now installing FF on workplace PCs with IE skins so that people unfamiliar with it can still use it, and the organisation gets the benefit of FF security features(compared to IE)

mtfbwya

Archived