Home

Mod Request: Holocron Quest for TSL

ShinDangaioh

With the news of Stoney, Zbyl, and others' restoration project for the Sith Lords, I asked about the Holocron Quest of finding holocrons scattered across the worlds and they said that there was not much left in the unused files to restore. One of the things that you were supposed to learn from the holocrons were lightsaber and force forms The sound files for Kreia talking about Juyo, Niman, and Force Mastery are still there, even though you can't hear them without cheating since once you learn the form from Kavar, you have to head off to Dantooine to the Enclave.

I looked around the files with KOTOR Tool and found what looked to be the holocron icons:

ip_pltuseitm_072 & ip_pltuseitm_107

The phony holocron you can buy on Dantooine looks like a locker key and uses ip_pltuseitm_002 for its icon.

I also found one active power, one feat that might or might not work and a bunch of feats and some powers that do nothing, and three feats that do work but you can't get.

Active Power: Beast Confusion(you can get Beast Trick, but you can't get this)

Iffy Feat: Mobility(I can't tell if my character is moving 10% faster or not)

Working Feats: Targeting VIII, IX, X

Inactive Feats:

Guard Stance

Advanced Guard Stance

Master Guard Stance

Craft

Mastercraft: Armor I, II, III

Mastercraft: Weapons I, II, III

Perceptive (+2 to Stealth and Awareness)

Skill Focus: Awareness (+2 to Skill)

Skill Focus: Computer Use (+2 to Skill)

Skill Focus: Demolitions (+2 to Skill)

Skill Focus: Persuade (+2 to Skill)

Skill Focus: Stealth (+2 to Skill)

Skill Focus: Treat Injury (+2 to Skill)

Inactive Powers:

Body Fuel

Droid Trick

Enhanced Senses

Psychic Static

Scramble Droid

My best guess is that these unused feats and powers were part of the Holocron Quest. I have no clue on how to reactivate those skills and powers. Some of them don't give a description, Psychic Static for example. My best guess is that once you had all three Force Confusion, Beast Confusion, Scramble Droid, you can cast Psychic Static and that would cause the group affected to attack the nearest target for a short period of time(total rampage). Others would have to have work done to make them useful for the game, craft and mastercraft for example. I think that the more of those you have the more your main pc can make at a workbench, however the Workbench - Robes - Gloves - Belts - Masks (KTR 2) mod by Eeflux took care of that grouping of feats more or less. I don't know if Disciple still has lines hidden in the game and unused that refer to this.

Ah well. I'm a rank newbie when it comes to modding and this thing looks to be way beyond my current abilities to even attempt. If someone wants to attempt this, you will have my thanks.

Well, the rules say be as detailed as possible. :)

Ah. No. 072 and 107 look like crystaline boxes or I should say Tron cubes. Cubes made up of glowing lines.

072 is green and 107 is red.

090 looks like a mechanical cube and that could be someting for the HK-50's.

I've got the tools, I just don't know how to script getting an item that gives you a feat, power, or force point bonus that isn't tied to it and force you to wear it as a belt, implant, or armband or even reactivate those 'dead' feats and powers . I'm a rank newbie at this(less than a month). If I was any good at this, I would have done it myself and created the characters and the 'lightsaber hilt' from Starchaser: The Legend of Orin or characters based on Tron 2.0.(my artistic skills suck)

I did what I could.

Hm. I didn't check Atton's acquired feats, so I missed it. Thanks for pointing that out.

The only ones I did check was G0-T0 and T3-M4 to see if they had that silly little feat that HK-47 has the option of taking or not taking: Droid Interface(another feat that does absolutely nothing) :) T3 and Goto don't have the feat at all or can even take it.

Before anyone makes the comment about Droid Trick and Scamble Droid being usable by G0-T0, those are feats and the ones I was talking about were force powers that don't work.

How timely! I started up a group about a week ago dedicated to creating/restoring cut force powers and feats.

I know, everyone says that it's impossible... but so far, the way we've been doing it has been working nicely. Slow progress, but at least it's progress right?

FYI: All of the cut feats can be added to the level-up screen... too bad that they don't do anything when you add them. With semi-complicated scripts however, they can be made to do at least something.

If I remember correctly, only the forms could be learned from holocrons. All other cut feats/powers were just... cut.

So. Seven holocrons.

Juyo, Ataru, Shien, Niman, Force Potency, Force Affinity, Force Mastery.

Hm, I guess each holocron would add a Force Point bonus of maybe 4 points for a total of 28 points to the main character and there might be a way to use the holocrons to teach the other forms to the other characters.

I have no idea how.

I've just started modding abot a month ago. This seems to require far more skill than I have. I have not even touched scripting yet. I'm just doing the basics right now of creating new items.

I also have no idea on how to do the hologram stuff.

Wait ^^..

Those forms are in the game. I thought you were referring to actual cut forms such as Force Amplification, Regeneration, Power of the Dark Side, etc...

Since you can get Ataru, Shien and such other forms in-game, I would load up the holocrons with these cut forms, and either load them up in the Coruscant Jedi Temple, The Sith Academy Library, the Dantooine Sublevels, and other such likely places.

There are.

Telos/Abandoned Military Base. There is a door that is sealed and when you open it using a cheat, it leads to a dead end corridor

Dantooine: The offshoot in the Kinrath Cave that leads to a dead end and there is nothing there. The room in the sublevel where you have to blow up a computer to gain access to the room.

Nar Shadda: Voga the Hutt's storeroom that you have to use Juma Juice to put the Kath hounds to sleep.

Korriban: The Sith academy library. Somewhere in the Shyrack cave(inside a Tukata maybe as an homage to the first game)

Dxun: near that giant Boma that you learn Beast Trick

Those are the seven places I thought of. Of course others would add the Tomb of Ludo Kressh, the Tomb of Freedon Nadd, one of the items you get out of Onderon's museum, (someplace on M4-78), (The Jedi Temple mod would have one)

I have already created the holocrons, but they do nothing other than sit there in the inventory.

Scripting? Err? Well..... I don't know how to script placeables to get them in game or have them grant powers, feats or a force point bonus.

I think once my laptop comes back from being fixed, I may take a stab at doing the holocron quest up the way i see it working.

way I'm picturing it is you find them, and after the initial chat you'll have the option of takeing them back to the Hawk where they'll spawn in the workbench compartment on the Hawk so you can go back to them easily. Each will have a gate keeper you can learn Beast control, and the other things.

I think once my laptop comes back from being fixed, I may take a stab at doing the holocron quest up the way i see it working.

way I'm picturing it is you find them, and after the initial chat you'll have the option of takeing them back to the Hawk where they'll spawn in the workbench compartment on the Hawk so you can go back to them easily. Each will have a gate keeper you can learn Beast control, and the other things.

Nice! I might be willing to help with that if you need an extra hand.

I'm working on rewriting the Force Powers and reincorporating Force Alter/Control/Sense. Half restoration, half modified content. If any of you remember Vanir's TSL tweak, it's similar to that. I was also going to add holocrons to add custom force powers to, but if they're being used for ACTUAL restored content, I think that'd be much better.

Archived