Home

J7's random tinkerings thread... (56k beware!)

jonathan7

Well, this has been a long time since I've worked on it, so you'd have to go all the way back to the second page for a reminder (link). For those who do remember, J7, Quanon and I had teamed up to do some work on Juhani. I don't know when or where the monkey wrench was thrown in, but I'll assume that I'm the one that was holding this up. So, about a week ago, I started back on it.

Recap: J7 wanted to do a cheetah and a lioness version of Juhani. It just happened that I was also working on a more catlike head model. We pooled our work, and Quanon joined in with a cool outfit and a unique saber. What was missing was an underwear skin for the cheetah and the lioness, plus I was inspired by Avatar (new at the time) to do a blue version. Well, I've completed all that, plus I've tweeked the faces that J7 started. The textures are more seamless, and I've adjusted the hairline so it looks more natural.

Here are some screenies of the five variations:

Standard Tabby:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
px3w.jpg

84up.jpg

Siberian:

Show spoiler
db9q.jpg

l8ki.jpg

Blue (Na'vi-esque):

Show spoiler
wh5.jpg

e4m6.jpg

Cheetah:

Show spoiler
ybjm.jpg

xxgy.jpg

Lioness:

Show spoiler
qbou.jpg

2fl6.jpg

In all pictures, the red and gold outfit was done by Quanon. All I added to it were the fishnets (note it's hard to see the model seams) and the skin underneath them. I did all the underwear skins (she's a cat, and is covered by her fur coat). The jewelry is to compensate for the model's seams. I also did all the basic clothing, with the blue version being a little more revealing (much like the Na'vi in the movie). Jonathan7 started the lion & cheetah faces, but I fixed them up around the muzzle and forehead (hairline). I also had to tweak them due to uvw changes I made to the head model. Then I had to match the neck seam from the head to the body (hardest on the Cheetah). I also changed the hair colour, so it looks more natural by matching the spots/stripes.

All of the screenshots in the grove show her wearing her default (brown leather) clothes (but I didn't have Q's new saber installed). Quanon's sexy red outfit is clothing #02, and I think we should make a .uti for that. What kind of stats should it have?

So, J7 & Q, I don't know how much more we need to do before releasing this (just the saber?).

As always, questions and comments are welcome.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got your PM Redrob, I found my sabers, just have to check them in the game to see if there aren't any faults... UVW business; stretchy stuff. I had a LS and DS saber, but I don't think I did much with the stats of the weapons?

What would you folks suggest? Just standard... or you want more special stuff thrown on the things :p

EDIT: Okay, quickly checked the hilts. 1 of them has nasty texture/ UVW issues. And they seem to replace the usual standard double-bladed sabers. I need to make them unique. I should have some time this week to fix those minor issues.

EDIT: Okay, quickly checked the hilts. 1 of them has nasty texture/ UVW issues. And they seem to replace the usual standard double-bladed sabers. I need to make them unique. I should have some time this week to fix those minor issues.

so, how do we make her appear in the grove with her custom saber? Is it best to use a script that loads when entering the module? Or would we just modify her .utc file? I'm so out of practice I should change my name to RustyRob41 :lol:

I'd also like to give players the choice of which outfit she wears (the brown is P_JuhaniBB01 and the red is P_JuhaniBB02). Plus, she should have a .uti for the red (call it "Juhani's Predatory Armor") that should show up in the player's inventory when Juhani joins the party (the sabers should also show up in the inventory).

Well... euh... I think J7 was sort of doing those things... I think :confused:

I just do 3D things :lol:

Aheum, though I think you're on the right path. If we adjust her UTC; wouldn't that change her whenever the player loads a save with Juhani in the party. So players wouldn't be forced to start a whole new game just to get the 'new' Juhani with all the extras.

Ofcourse there's always the console for cheating :p

Anyway, I've been messing about with the hilts again; pesky UVW issues are hard to kill it seems. But I guess that's mainly because I made the model that intricate, needlessly "complicated' :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was thinking that for Juhani's red armor with the fishnets, that we could call it "Juhani's Predatory Stealth Mesh" and give it these stats:

Feat Required: Force Camouflage (to limit it to Juhani)

Skill Bonus: Stealth +2

Skill Bonus: Stealth +2 (Upgrade required: Mesh Underlay)

Defense Bonus: Melee 3 (Upgrade required: Armor Reinforcement)

I've also started the description as:

Juhani's Predatory Stealth Mesh

Cathars are natural hunters, yet even the most gifted predators sometimes need an edge. Juhani wears this light armor to enhance her natural talent for Force Camouflage, making her nearly undetectable, and extremely deadly.

What do you think?

Doesn't necessarily need the comma after "undetectable," grammatically speaking. Seems like a dash would be better; i.e. "Juhani wears this light armor to enhance her natural talent for Force Camouflage, making her nearly undetectable - and extremely deadly."

You have been paid a visit by a certified obsessive-compulsive freak. Love the description, it meshes (NPI) with the game descriptions very well.

Doesn't necessarily need the comma after "undetectable," grammatically speaking. Seems like a dash would be better; i.e. "Juhani wears this light armor to enhance her natural talent for Force Camouflage, making her nearly undetectable - and extremely deadly."

You have been paid a visit by a certified obsessive-compulsive freak. Love the description, it meshes (NPI) with the game descriptions very well.

Thanks Zhaboka. I, too, like to ensure good grammar, but lack the expertise to know ALL the rules.

So, grammar man :D, what's your take on these saber descriptions:

Juhani's own custom built double-bladed lightsaber.The hilt features classic Cathar styling with smooth curves and elegant detailed features. Juhani has added extra 'punch' to the blade. As always the blade is a reflection of the one who wields it; Elegant but fierce.

Juhani's own custom built double-bladed lightsaber. The hilt features classic Cathar styling with smooth curves and elegant detailed features. Juhani has added extra 'punch' to the blade. As always the blade is a reflection of the one who wields it; Violent, sharp wrath.

• 1 month later...

Well, I decided to add two more skins to this pack, since I'd probably get hounded if I didn't. I present

Tigress:

Show spoiler
py1w.jpg

m5ti.jpg

Black Panther:

Show spoiler
oi4w.jpg

2cs9.jpg

It was pretty hard getting the tiger face stripes to look realistic, like they were rows of alternating color. Each hair should be one color, not multi color, and the edges where each band meets won't be perfect (there should be some overlap). Anyway, after a lot of filtering, I think I got it to look natural at this resolution.

The panther was a lot simpler :lol:

I don't think I'll do any more skins, since all that's left are variations of spots (leopards, ocelots, etc) or plain (cougars).

The only things left to fix are the model clipping issues with the bottom teeth during conversations. I didn't notice it when testing before, but now that I'm doing actual playthroughs, it's hard to miss.

Other than that, I've still got to decide on the best way to get the extra items into the inventory (without causing conflicts with other mods). I was thinking of just a simple script during her first conversation on the Ebon Hawk (to add a placeable box called "Juhani's Luggage"). It wouldn't allow her grove scene to use the new lightsabers, but that's ok to me. What do you guys think? :giveup:

Think it's best to take a safer option, then try and 'jam' in the items on dantooine. Then having troubles with other mods and possibly the game aswell.

It sounds nice enough to have a backpack in one of the compartments of the ebon hawk with her name. :)

Thanks Zhaboka. I, too, like to ensure good grammar, but lack the expertise to know ALL the rules.

So, grammar man :D, what's your take on these saber descriptions:

Juhani's own custom built double-bladed lightsaber.The hilt features classic Cathar styling with smooth curves and elegant detailed features. Juhani has added extra 'punch' to the blade. As always the blade is a reflection of the one who wields it; Elegant but fierce.

Well... since you asked... "custom built" should be "custom-built", there should be a comma after "As always", it should be a colon after "wields it" instead of a semi-colon, and "elegant" should be lower-case instead of upper-case.

Juhani's own custom built double-bladed lightsaber. The hilt features classic Cathar styling with smooth curves and elegant detailed features. Juhani has added extra 'punch' to the blade. As always the blade is a reflection of the one who wields it; Violent, sharp wrath.

All the same changes for this one, except "violent" should be lower-case instead of "elegant", obviously.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I'm loving the dark skin!

• 2 weeks later...
So, what's the ETA on new Juhani?

I'm hoping it'll be done soon. I think I've got the clipping teeth fixed. Now I'm trying to figure out how to use the TSLPatcher to insert a compiled script .ncs into three slots in k_hjuh_dialog.dlg. This will make it incompatible with ChAiNz and Svosh's Juhani Sanctuary Threads mod, but since that only has one skin color, I'm not too worried about it. I was thinking of editing the DarkJediF model so that it accesses Juhani's face tga, but that'll take too long of a delay. Maybe that could be a future mod.

Speaking of teeth, were they sharpened with these new head? I assume at least fangs would be there. All-flat teeth would look sorta out of place.

She still has her canines. At certain angles during conversation, they're visible. What I had to do to the teeth was push them further back. I didn't change the shape.

So, I've got the TSLPatcher sorted out. I hadn't used it in such a long time, I forgot that there are settings in the changes.ini file that help it find the correct directory or ask for user input. Now it works so that it will add a script to Juhani's dlg file and it fires on the Ebon Hawk. Her Luggage will show up in the room with her, and it contains the two lightsabers and the two outfits.

I've also included a secondary script (manually replace during install) that also adds Juhani's Sanctuary Threads to the luggage. You'll need to download and install ChAiNz's mod first (there are instructions in the read me) since our mod doesn't include his files. At least I've tried to make it compatible :)

I've sent the files to Quanon, and we will be testing it, maybe making some uti edits along the way. We're getting closer...

Archived