Home

The biggest storm CA has seen in YEARS

Ghost

I think she was trying to get revenge on California for disgracing her :raise:

But aside from that, It hailed like hell yesterday. My pool was empty at the time, and had the covers on top, but the hail pushed it in and filled it all up. The next storm should be on Tuesday, or says the Weather Channel.

If we get more storms like this, then we are going to pass our yearly rain average in no time.

Here in the central to northern CA around our capital:

Over this past week or so I have seen quite a bit. Sacramento got a sleet blizzard so bad it hurt your face to go out there--at one point. It was like a brainfreeze only you didn't even drink/eat anything cold.

Friends in Chico called, said it got colder than the high sierras. Odd for being in a lower valley. Freezing cold, and humid, your breath hangs in the air like fog!

El Camino, at the edge of El Dorado county got a bunch of heavy wet snow that wasn't quite slush. Here in cameron park it hit moderate to light first with fluffy dry snow then it got wetter, then rained and ate quite a bit of snow away.

People from here to the bay area went up the hill during the weekend either of those treacherous roads leading up there depending where they wanted to hit the slopes.

Speaking of up in the Lake Tahoe Basin at least, (possibly incline village, squaw valley, and kirkwood areas) it was dry fluffy powdery snow all weekend and I envied those who hit the slopes. I went up there for some snow removal business. Very nice. Now it's hitting with the wet and rainy. They have been hit with several feet of snow.

Archived