Home

Crixler's New Saber Crystals Pack I V1

Crixler

As my first publicly available mod for KotOR, I present you with my first lightsaber addon pack for Knights of the Old Republic!

Edit: Version 2 is now available!

What it does:

This mod will primarily add a few new color crystals for your lightsabers. It adds Cyan, which looks looks similar to Mantle of the Force, but is a little different, as well as non-unique. It also adds orange, viridian, bronze, silver, black, and white. Additionally, it will add a a new color exclusive to Bastila based on her concept art, using a fixed version of Gavroche's mod. The second major feature is replacing all the lightsaber textures with higher quality flickering ones, using Shem's Prequel Sabers 2.0 and Mono_Giganto's flickering blades mod as a base. A few side-features of this mod are making the yellow crystal more yellow, and changing the icons for blue and Heart of the Guardian sabers to better match the blade color.

Here are some pictures...

Updated from Version 1:

Cyan.jpg

Orange.jpg

Viridian.jpg

Bronze.jpg

Silver.jpg

Black.jpg

White.jpg

Additional new color!:

Bast.jpg

"Vanilla" Colors:

Blue.jpg

Green.jpg

Purple.jpg

Red.jpg

Yellow.jpg

Heart.jpg

Mantle.jpg

KotORFiles link!

- Crixler

Hilts for these new sabers won't be affected, so as long as they simply replace standard colors, they shouldn't conflict. If you're wanting to use custom models with these colors, that will take a bit of modification on the user's end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

=/

Maybe I screwed up when I set up the installer. I never actually tested it, and it's only my second time using it.

This is the only instance I've heard of this so far though. I'll test it myself in just a bit.

Edit: I just commandeered my brother's computer and tried installing it on that, and I got the same error. Reading the rest of the log, it sounds like it should have works fine, but I don't know. He kicked me off before I had a chance to actually test it. I'll try testing it tomorrow. Sorry about the inconvenience!

Ok, I've found the problems. Yup, plural. The error the installer gives I just fixed, although I don't think that one really made any difference. The second error is the one causing the problems. Somehow my changes.ini didn't grab all the changes for upcrystals.2da. It created all the new lines it was supposed to, but it didn't fill them with anything. About to fix...

Edit: Fixed!

• 3 years later...

Hello all

I'm new here and new to KotOR and I apologize for reviving the dead here but I would really like to use this mod. Unfortunately I'm having the same issue others in this thread have mentioned and the link to the fixed version no longer works.

I don't suppose the mod author is still around?

Hello all

I'm new here and new to KotOR and I apologize for reviving the dead here but I would really like to use this mod. Unfortunately I'm having the same issue others in this thread have mentioned and the link to the fixed version no longer works.

I don't suppose the mod author is still around?

Has not been here since February 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived