Home

Battle Suit Utopia

Shana

"I know it may be hard to trust someone so easily, especially after we've just met, but believe me, I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe in you and your talents".

Katsu shook his head slowly and smiled slightly again. "No...perhaps it is the time for the story to be told.

"Two years before I joined the MDN I was part of military unit that often went out on seek and destroy missions to destroy enemy mechs. We were returning from a mission when we were ambushed by one of our own."

Katsu clenched his fist and looked down at the ground before rasing his gaze to Haruka again.

"His name was Torv, and before he betrayed us he was the pride of our unit. He was talented, almost unstoppable when he was in a mech and knew how to come up with strategies even in the middle of a battle. But from the first time I saw him I knew something was wrong with him. He loved the thought of having power, I guess we just never thought of how far he would go to get it."

He took a deep breath before continuing.

"We were unprepared when he finally allied himself with the enemy. He and his new allies attacked us in the dead of night. I was able to get to the Vegas and was able to barely fight him off but by that time everyone else was dead. I managed to destroy the command center of his mech but my Mech sustained very heavy damage and it was only through pure luck that I was able to get back to friendly territory."

Katsu's eyes took on a sad look.

When I was out on a routine patrol a year later I found out that I didn't kill him like I thought. I had managed to capture an enemy solder who told me the truth: Torv was alive and was swiftly moving up in the ranks of the enemy."

His eyes took on a much harder look.

"It was that day that I swore I would take him down. Once and for all. Torv is a menace to humanity that needs to be stopped."

Katsu looked down again and this time didn't raise his eyes.

"I found after the ambush that I had severe problems. I had trouble sleeping and found that I would sometimes turn on my allies without even remembering what I had done. I simply worked alone after that."

He raised his eyes again.

"So...now you know the story. So what are you going to do with me? Lock me up? Kill me?"

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haruka slapped Katsu's hand gently and gave him a grin.

"Of course not!", Haruka said getting up and looking at him. "I think what you went through was battle trauma, the only way to deal with something like that is to face it".

She then opened the window which overlooked the main hangar. They could see the training ground from there.

"We are all in the same cause", Haruka paused, she had her back to him, her expression wasn't visible to him but she had a serious look. She then turned to face him with a smile.

"You are part of our unit now Katsu, and we look after our own", Haruka said and moved towards the door. "If we find Torv, we'll go after him with everything we've got. We'll back you up a hundred percent. Oh! And make sure you go into the observation room again, I'm sure the guys are curious to know how you're doing".

She left the room and was instantly called by Takahashi.

"So?"

"The situation remains, we're almost in business", Haruka said and moved away from the room going to the lab.

"We'll back you up a hundred percent. Oh! And make sure you go into the observation room again, I'm sure the guys are curious to know how you're doing".

Katsu watched as she left the room and the smile vanished off his almost as soon as she left. He couldn't help but think that something else was going on here but he couldn't be sure.

Katsu got himself out of the bed and on his feet began walking toward the observation room. As soon as he reached the observation room he looked over everyone and frowned.

"I...would like to apologize for my lack of control during my test run. I promise all of you that it will not happen again." Katsu turned toward Zhao and tried his best to smile. "How did you do during your test run?"

"How did you do during your test run?"

Zhao looked at Katsu and smirked. "Let's just say I was even more brutal than Xaivier's run. Too bad the run wasn't recorded, but I'm sure you'll see how merciless I am against the enemy when we're sent in the field."

A thought then occurred to Zhao. "I'm curious, why did you just freeze out there? With all due respect, that will get you killed if you do that for real."

"Let's just say I was even more brutal than Xaivier's run. Too bad the run wasn't recorded, but I'm sure you'll see how merciless I am against the enemy when we're sent in the field."

"Hey its not brutality, its called being aggressively stylistic."

"I'm curious, why did you just freeze out there? With all due respect, that will get you killed if you do that for real."

"Yeah I have to say I'm a little curious myself. If were all teammates than we need to be able to trust each other and I don't know how I can help you Katsu if I don't know what caused you to freeze," Xaivier added in.

"I'm curious, why did you just freeze out there? With all due respect, that will get you killed if you do that for real."

"Yeah I have to say I'm a little curious myself. If were all teammates than we need to be able to trust each other and I don't know how I can help you Katsu if I don't know what caused you to freeze,"

"Lets just say that it was a personal issue that has now been hopefully resloved. I would appreciate it if we didn't bring it up again," Katsu said quietly before turning to look down at the Vegas and the other mobile suits.

I'm part of a team now...I have to remember that. If we find Torv I have the others to back me up.

((Blah, lame post.))

Roman had remained quiet for some time, and for good reason. First he wanted to see Zhao's test run, and then, he wished to remain quiet to observe the others. He was fascinated to see how they would take to each other, seeing as they weren't all ideally in common enough to mesh well. But it was worth seeing how things went between them.

There was banter between Xaiver, and Zhao for a sort time, and eventually Haruka left to see Katsu. Then Katsu himself appeared, apologizing for his actions, Roman only smirked at this from the background, and remained quiet. The others questioned him, and he gave them a vague, yet to-the-point answer, stating he didn't want to talk about it basically. And that-was-that.

Roman looked around apprehensively as he realized that Remirez, and Haruka both were taking some time to get here, something not very common in military personnel.

Roman sat down in a seat in the corner, shaking his head, and smiling to himself, he could be so strange at some times, worrying over nothing wasn't like him. He guessed he concerned himself a bit too much with....friends. He hesitated to consider what the altercation could be, but settled for friends for the moment.

"Lets just say that it was a personal issue that has now been hopefully resloved. I would appreciate it if we didn't bring it up again,"

Zhao opened his mouth to reply, but thought better of it. He knew that he wouldn't share details of his past with anyone if he was in Katsu's position, and was even content in knowing others - with the exception of Haruka and the MDN, which seemed to know everything about a given person - didn't know about him. Instead of replying, Zhao simply gave a curt nod.

Haruka made her way back into the observation room followed by General Ramirez. As soon as they did General Ramirez walked to the platform overlooking them.

"I have been informed of the results of your test runs and I must say it was impressive indeed", The General said. "But we don't win battles by doing VR training now do we?"

The general began pacing around the platform.

"We have just received intel, that at 0500 this morning, Chinese forces have taken over the eastern part of Morocco, they landed by sea and took the American embassy by force. The situation on the Arab countries has changed for the moment, we need our team to retrieve the US Ambassador from a fort located in the border between Libya and Tunisia. Katsu, Xaivier and Zhao will deploy a few miles away so as to circle around the enemy, Roman and Haruka will serve as decoys doing a head on assault. Haruka will distract them on the air while Roman focuses on drawing their attention", General Ramirez said. "You are to depart immediately. I'm sorry that it's this fast but I know you guys aren't so get to work gentlemen, and lady".

General Ramirez saluted and left.

Roman shifted his gaze as Haruka entered the room once more, followed by the General, who promptly stepped up onto a platform that overlooked them. Roman furrowed his eyebrows in question, he'd just now noticed the platform, a bit too conveniently placed, if you asked him. But Roman tuned in to what the General had to say.

"I have been informed of the results of your test runs and I must say it was impressive indeed," The General said, Roman smirked knowing that there was more. "But we don't win battles by doing VR training now do we?"

Like he expected of a General.

"We have just received intel, that at 0500 this morning, Chinese forces have taken over the eastern part of Morocco, they landed by sea and took the American embassy by force. The situation on the Arab countries has changed for the moment, we need our team to retrieve the US Ambassador from a fort located in the border between Libya and Tunisia. Katsu, Xaivier and Zhao will deploy a few miles away so as to circle around the enemy, Roman and Haruka will serve as decoys doing a head on assault. Haruka will distract them on the air while Roman focuses on drawing their attention," General Ramirez said. "You are to depart immediately. I'm sorry that it's this fast but I know you guys aren't so get to work gentlemen, and lady."

With that the General departed with a swift salute, Roman standing, and saluting as he left.

Roman smiled to himself, thinking, 'A mission with Miss Haruka already, very good!'

He was somewhat glad he'd remained in his pilot's suit, as he walked over towards the others, a smile on his face.

"A mission already! How fortunate for us," he said, looking at the others with uplifted eyebrows.

"It will be a pleasure working with you Miss Haruka, and may I ask, when do we depart?" Roman stated, and asked, curious as to their departure time, whether it was immediate, or within a certain time.

Xavier was happy that he would be teaming up with Zhao after watching his test and still a little concerned about Katsu. Haruka picked all of them for a reason and up until Katsu's freak out he did exceptionally well. He couldn't wait to get back into Nova and really go Psycho on the enemy. He jumped up from his seat and looked over at Roman who had just walked over to the group.

"You gotta get your ears checked buddy," Xavier said to him. "Alright let's go rescue that ambassador and if there's enough time after the mission can we stop at McDonalds?"he added in jokingly.

Zhao was happy to go back into cobat, and even happier that he was teaming up with Xavier, seing as they had similar fighting tactics and respect for each other. He did worry a little about Katsu, but Zhao figured it shouldn't be a problem.

"A mission already! How fortunate for us,"

"Fortunate indeed." Then Zhao heard Roman ask Haruka when they were leaving.

"I believe General Ramirez said we'd depart immediately. I guess that means we better get prepped. Let's get ready to kick some ass." Zhao said eagerly.

Katsu looked at the General's retreating back with narrowed suspicous eyes. He still suspected both Haruka and General Ramirez of keeping something important from them, but at the moment he had no other choice but to obey orders.

For now...As soon as I have some proof that they're keeping something that could jeperdize us then I'll share my suspicions with the others.

"I believe General Ramirez said we'd depart immediately. I guess that means we better get prepped."

"In that case I'm going to check over the Vegas before we go. I...discovered that there were some problems with my battle suit during the training run and I want to make sure they don't resurface during an actual mission. Or I can check them on the way, whatever works."

With a last suspicious look at Haruka he turned and headed for his battle suit.

"It will be a pleasure working with you Miss Haruka, and may I ask, when do we depart?" Roman stated, and asked, curious as to their departure time, whether it was immediate, or within a certain time.

"You gotta get your ears checked buddy," Xavier said to him. "Alright let's go rescue that ambassador and if there's enough time after the mission can we stop at McDonalds?"

"I believe General Ramirez said we'd depart immediately. I guess that means we better get prepped. Let's get ready to kick some ass." Zhao said eagerly.

Haruka giggled because of the question and both Xaivier and Zhao's answers. She then turned to Roman and the rest.

"Well, it's time to go prove ourselves out there. By the performances we've put in the training exersize we shouldn't have a problem. I got your backs as long as you got mine", Haruka said and walked over to a panel near Takahashi. But she noticed how Katsu shot a look at Haruka, she knew he was getting suspicious, it didn't take a genius to notice. As the others left Takahashi asked her what was wrong. She approched him discretely and started to talk so only he could hear.

"I may have to accelerate my plans. Katsu is getting suspicious but I'm confident that if I approach him first I may gain an ally. He's japanese as well so he'll understand where I'm coming from", Haruka said and Takahashi frowned.

"What if he doesn't?", Takahashi asked.

"Then we might as well write our wills", Haruka said and left for the Battle Suit hangar.

Xavier raised an eyebrow at Katsu as he left the group. He shook his head and silently cursed to himself. He seemed to have an impact on the rest of the group, but he still wasn't able to connect with Katsu. He felt completely confident in trusting the others with watching his back...but what if Katsu doesn't? Xavier chuckled to himself and dismissed the idea.

"Hey good luck out there Roman, and try not to die. That won't be a problem with me and Zhao here though, we'll have these guys begging for mercy after a few seconds," Xavier said to them as they walked.

As Zhao got up to leave the observation room, out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Katsu gave Haruka an...odd look. Zhao couldn't help but wonder what was happening between the two. That Katsu makes me look normal, he thought, attempting to try to figure out what could have possibly been the cause, and then gave up, and settled for the probability that Haruka had probably said something while she had checked on Katsu in the infirmary. Zhao then snapped back to reality when he heard Xavier's voice.

"Hey good luck out there Roman, and try not to die. That won't be a problem with me and Zhao here though, we'll have these guys begging for mercy after a few seconds,"

Zhao chuckled at Xavier's remark. "Assuming there are any left to beg. Good luck out there, Roman. Let's hope you and Haruka make it through."

Haruka giggled, making Roman hide his bashfulness behind a grin. She turned toward him primarily, but spoke reference to them all.

"Well, it's time to go prove ourselves out there. By the performances we've put in the training exercise we shouldn't have a problem. I got your backs as long as you got mine."

"No question about it Miss Haruka!" Roman complied enthusiastically.

"Hey good luck out there Roman, and try not to die. That won't be a problem with me and Zhao here though, we'll have these guys begging for mercy after a few seconds," Xaiver said to him, making Roman laugh, and then his face grew a bit more serious.

"I'm afraid I have nothing to fear from my enemies that would kill me. But I fear a sudden heart-attack from nervousness, or death by embarrassment if I say, or do something stupid around Miss Haruka, might be the end of me," he told Xaiver in a lighthearted, but serious manner - in all confidence to his new friend. Although he knew Zhao could, and probably would hear him, he trusted the fellow pilot had enough respect for him to be 'On-the-Level' about it.

"Assuming there are any left to beg. Good luck out there, Roman. Let's hope you and Haruka make it through," Zhao remarked somewhat cryptically, in Roman's opinion, but he understood he meant well.

"Between us...." Roman paused, looking over at Haruka as she stood near Takahashi, distracted - in her pilot's suit, like himself. "....I just want to make it through without a nosebleed!"

He he whispered this part, smirking, and chuckling lightly, he shook his head, "Oh, nevermind, I'm being too disrespectful for my own good."

Roman proceeded to wave to them as he stopped, and turned around, heading back to the observation room to wait for Haruka, seeing as there was no point in leaving his new, and probably temporary, partner behind. Besides, it wasn't very polite to do either.

He met her as she was heading toward the hangar, making him turn around to follow, and go in the same direction. He smiled, and nodded, remarking quietly, but quite obviously with humor, "I advise you not to stand in front of me when the fighting starts. I have a tendency to shoot things in that direction."

He laughed, and shook his head, his face growing serious as he spoke to himself in Ukrainian-Russian. One could notice the difference in his speech, as his native tongue came with far more eloquence, and fluidity.

When Zhao heard Roman mention how he was afraid of doing something stupid in front of Haruka, he couldn't help but smirk. As soon as he and Xavier were out of earshot of Roman, Zhao made a remark.

"This should be interesting. We have a member with who has feelings for another. Looks like this battle will be their 'date'." Zhao said, chuckling at his own joke. "This little crush should provide some entertainment for me," he added, smirking. He wouldn't tell Haruka about Roman's feelings - even for Zhao, that was pretty rude - but he always found some odd entertainment in seeing people vying for affection from another.

"I advise you not to stand in front of me when the fighting starts. I have a tendency to shoot things in that direction."

Haruka simply grinned at him.

"If I'm ever in front of you, you won't even notice", she said with a wink. She then got on the elevator to her battle suit.

The Aegis 11 powered up and Haruka moved it all the way to the hangar where the massive ship that was going to take them was already hovering in place to pick them up. Aegis 11 strapped itself to a metal harness. There were other harnesses next to Haruka for the other battle suits. The massive ship was designed for their team specifically. The "Black Titan", one massive transport ship capable of holding 8 battle suits inside also modified for cover support and gunners with high heat armor penetrating rounds and Jericho spread missiles. All inventions of Haruka.

"Aegis 11 standing by for load proceadure", Haruka reported.

Katsu gave Haruka and the others another suspicous look before turning to watch Haruka enter the elevator.

I can't help but that one has some sort of plan. And that we are all pawns in it. She needs to watched at all times on the battlefield.

He turned away from the others and then entered the elevator that would take him up up to the Vegas's control center. The elevator arrived at the top of the Vegas within second and Katsu climbed into the control center.

He began bringing all of the systems online and did a doublecheck on all of the systems. One of the control panels flashed red and Katsu flicked a few switches and then it turned green.

I can't help but think they didn't manage to fix all of the problems that the Vegas experienced after it's last battle.

He moved the Vegan over to the hanger bay where Haruka had gone and stood behind the Aegis 11 and then looked up at the large ship hovering above him.

"Vegas is standing by for load proceadure."

Zhao kept walking and eventually made his way to the hangar.

"See you on the battlefield," he said to Xavier, and then took the lift into his Aero 8 mech. Zhao strapped himself in, did a quick systems check, and then walked the machine over to where Katsu and Haruka were, waiting to be loaded. Zhao did have to admit, the aircraft they were about to enter was absolutely gigantic, and didn't think he had seen anything bigger.

"Aero 8, standing by for loading procedure," Zhao said, tempted to just fly into the carrier with his jetpack.

"I'm afraid I have nothing to fear from my enemies that would kill me. But I fear a sudden heart-attack from nervousness, or death by embarrassment if I say, or do something stupid around Miss Haruka, might be the end of me,"

Xavier looked over at Roman and smiled.

Well she is really cute no doubt about that

Haruka was into mechs and giant weapons, how lucky could a guy get? It seemed Roman shared similar interests in her as Xavier did. The only problem Xavier saw was if she flet anything for either of them. One thing Xavier did know was if she felt something for Roman, Xavier would do whatever he could for the guy as his Wingman. With that in mind he made his way into his battle suit and strapped himself in. He made sure everything was in order before responding.

"Red leader standing by, sorry I couldn't resist. Nova standing by for loading procedure."

Haruka grinned at Roman, he in turn exchanging it with a smile.

"If I'm ever in front of you, you won't even notice," Haruka responded with a wink. Roman chuckled but tilted his head, he wasn't quite sure what she meant, thinking to himself, 'Japanese humor, I guess?'

She went up on her lift and they parted ways, Roman proceeding to the Lævateinn 2, climbing into the old suit's chest cockpit. He had retrieved his helmet and was now hooked up to the suit, excluding the visor, he simply used the old fashioned camera system to pilot the Battle Suit into position, attaching the Lævateinn 2 to the same metal harness as the Aegis 11 had.

He pressed for the comm, "Lævateinn 2, ready and waiting."

"Clear landing platform"

Haruka sat down straight and made sure her strappings were tight enough and then noticed on her HUD that video feed from General Ramirez appeared.

"Once on the target you'll have approximately half an hour before the entire back up forces of the Chinese are on your ass", General Ramirez said and saluted them. "Good Luck!"

Haruka simply gave him a small salute with two fingers and just looked as the Aegis one was lifted into a compartment. Each Battle Suit had it's own compartment adjusted to fit them for transportation. The common channel for all of them to speak together was soon opened. Haruka looked at her team mates faces and then grinned.

"As long as we watch each other's backs we're all clear. Nobody try to be a hero guys, last thing we need is dead Ace pilot", Haruka said and leaned back on her seat closing her eyes for a bit.

The massive ship lifted off with a great roar of it's engines. It began speeding up in the air as the curtain of water closed with the hangar doors. They were now in the air on route to the battlefield. Haruka was confident enough that her team mates were capable to handle this mission so fast. But she would have to move fast as well to talk to Katsu and get him on her side. Getting the others would be easier later if she succeeded.

Zhao allowed his mech to be loaded into the carrier, and was surprised when the common channel was turned on, not expecting to see four faces pop out at him.

"As long as we watch each other's backs we're all clear. Nobody try to be a hero guys, last thing we need is dead Ace pilot"

"Hey, that's the first rule of combat, to not be a hero. I suppose if any of us had done that, we wouldn't be aces now, would we?" Zhao said with a small grin. "By the way, how long is it until we get to Africa?"

Archived