Home

Dragon Age Awakening Problem

Darth Payne

I've gotten through Awakening three times and every time i find the same problem.

I get to the Architects Office in the Wending Woods Silverite mine and find a chest that i get the 'Key required' message from when i try to open it.

My question is, is there a way to return to the office at a later time if i manage to get the key?

No, there is no way to return to the office after you leave the Silverite mine, which bugged me as well... I don't even believe that there is a key to that chest, as I have searched high and low to find it lol

(I think the chest is a portal to the Underworld, where Alistair and Morrigan are waiting to rape you mwahahahahah... lolz I joke!)

Hmm, perhaps there is going to be a DLC for Awakening and it starts in that office?

That is the only answer i can come up with that makes any sense to me.

It's probably just broken. :xp:

And I agree with Odysseus - I have not been able to find the key either, unless it's hidden somewhere that doesn't light up with Tab pressed. I ran back through the level looking for the thing. Not there. :(

I get to the Architects Office in the Wending Woods Silverite mine and find a chest that i get the 'Key required' message from when i try to open it.

My question is, is there a way to return to the office at a later time if i manage to get the key?

If your persuasiveness is high enough you get a persuade dialog option with Velanna's sister when she releases you from the cells, something like "(Persuade) Please, you must know something of what's going on here" or similar. If you pick that option she will give you the key to the chest in the Architect's room.

It only contains random loot from what I can tell though, so I don't think it would be worth replaying the whole area just to get the key. :)

Really?

I have to pick the 'Persuade' option? I've always chosen the 'what about you' line.

Hmm, i'll have to try that on my next playthrough.

Btw, did you know that you might be able to transfer Cailans armor from the RTO DLC into the game if you import a character from the main game? I find it a bit odd that the Blood Dragon armor won't transfer, but Cailans armor would.

Really?

I have to pick the 'Persuade' option? I've always chosen the 'what about you' line.

Hmm, i'll have to try that on my next playthrough.

Btw, did you know that you might be able to transfer Cailans armor from the RTO DLC into the game if you import a character from the main game? I find it a bit odd that the Blood Dragon armor won't transfer, but Cailans armor would.

oddly - all ostagar dlc gear passes through. none o the other dlcs do though

I know, i found her while trying to find the key to open a door behind the inn.

Edit:

This is just a question of mine.

I just DLed the new Gifts and Pranks DLC for Dragon Age and am now wondering if it is compatible with awakening.

My reason for asking is that two of the gifts are for everyone and i've baught 50+ of them.

What i find VERY cool is that some of the gifts give 50+ to the party member they are for so i managed to max out ALL of my characters, except shale as i haven't gone to honnleath yet. (Beware though, some 'gifts' give you a -50.)

Edit: Btw, any news on how to open the door behind the inn that keeps giving me a 'key required' message would be appreciated as i can't figure that one out.

Do i need to join the smugglers instead of the guards?

Well, i'm nearing my first playthrough as a rogue.

This means that i kinda need the info i've mentioned a couple of times before.

How the heck do i open that blasted door behind the inn?

I know that it leads to a couple of chests and a cage, but other than that i can't find any info on how to actually get up there.

I just DLed the new Gifts and Pranks DLC for Dragon Age and am now wondering if it is compatible with awakening.

Nope, doesn't appear to be - just tried it. Not really all that surprising seeing it was out after Awakening, but still...

Seems compatibility isn't a big concern for the dlc development team

Edit: Btw, any news on how to open the door behind the inn that keeps giving me a 'key required' message would be appreciated as i can't figure that one out.

Do i need to join the smugglers instead of the guards?

Yep. ;)

Forms part of the mission line 'Smuggler's Run'.

Archived