Home

Reskinning a Module?

Dak Drexl

I looked through tutorials and stuff but couldn't find anything, so here goes. I'm trying to reskin a module for the first time, but I can't seem to find the files I need. I just need someone to point me in the right direction. If it makes a difference, the module I'm wanting to reskin is "manm26ab", the republic base in particular. Thanks in advance.

I looked through tutorials and stuff but couldn't find anything, so here goes. I'm trying to reskin a module for the first time, but I can't seem to find the files I need. I just need someone to point me in the right direction. If it makes a difference, the module I'm wanting to reskin is "manm26ab", the republic base in particular. Thanks in advance.

Trouble is, while each planet uses unique textures(in most respects), they are repeated on their respective planets. So you could say, change a door texture in the Republic Base, and change the doors in Ahto City, if they are the same(I forget if they are). But the textures for Manaan are under ERFs->TexturePacks->SWPC_Tex_a->L, with the prefix LMA.

Are you creating a new module using the republic base or do you just not like the look of the republic base and want to give it a new look

Just want to give it a new look for a mod me and a few others are working on.

I found textures by double clicking the model file(s) then following the instructions it gives.

I think I tried this first, but I could be wrong. It said it couldn't open because the gff editor wasn't in the same directory or something. Would that be a problem?

Archived