Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VII: A Glimmer of Hope

Alkonium

"Soldiers kill."

"Don't forget, we kill as well. In most cases it's self-defense."

"We have to find another way in and out. I cannot let it happen again."

Alriana turned to look at Tavaryn before looking down at the troopers. She noticed that one of the troopers was holding a remote of some kind. The remote possibly was going to be used to detonate the explosives when the time was right.

If that is the remote it would be wise to take it from the trooper before he has a chance to set it off.

"Do you see that trooper down there?" She asked Tavaryn. "I think that he may have the remote that is going to be used to detonate the explosives. We need to get that remote from him."

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Then we should get out of here." Andorra commented. Agreeing with Andorra, Lenatha said to Tonatius, "I'll help you with Kalla. Part of my duty as her attending physician. We should set the charges off the moment we're a safe distance away."

R4 beeped saying that things were set and beeped that they should follow him. Jun-la kept her guard up as if to ward off Pestilus. True he would be a valuable prisoner but right now the concern was destroying the bioweapon and if that meant letting him go, then it would be for a greater good. "Go back the way you came," she said to her companions. She gave a meaningful nod to Matton who understood that he was to lead them.

Matton backed away and began trying to herd the others out of the facility. "Come on. Let's go."

Tavaryn was still reeling from the effects the memory was giving him but he had enough control to see what Alriana was pointing at. He saw the trooper and the remote and a plan began to form. He said, "Wait here. When the opportunity comes, take it."

Tavaryn then began to sling downwards to the unsuspecting troopers. From the perch closest to them, he leapt and landed so quiet, no one heard. His position was still in the shadows so no one took notice. He stood up and then said out loud, "Hello there."

"Hello there."

The group of solders quickly turned toward Tavaryn and brought their blaster rifles up and quickly aimed them at Tavaryn. The commander of the squad who was holding the remote smiled at him.

"It looks as if the Jedi had a friend outside the lab." The commander pulled out a blaster pistol and pointed it at Tavaryn's head. "So...it appears that my men and I have the opportunity to kill a jedi."

Republic outpost

Admiral Belina slowly opened her eyes and looked up at the celling. The last thing she remembered was a console flashing a warning about feedback damage and then a bright flash of light. And then the next thing she knew, she was here.

She turned over and looked over to see that Komad was sleeping in a bed on the other side of the room. She looked down at her stomach and noticed that there were bandages around it. She brought her hand up to her face and noticed that there were bandages covering some of her face.

Oh...thats right. The console blew up. Guess it was a bad idea to take the Ackbar into combat while it was still under repair.

She looked down at a control panel next to the bed and hit the button that would summon a nurse or a doctor. She wanted to know how soon she could get back to her ship.

"Oh I'm no Jedi," Tavaryn replied, a light gleaming in his eye. He backed into a fighting stance with his fists ready. "So you intend to blow up the lab. I can't let you do that."

His muscles appeared tense but they were ready to spring into action. He was in a good position to use his shuriken. Wait for the opportune moment, he sent to Alriana.

"Neither can we." Another voice called out, revealing himself to be a human male, clad in a darker version of Republic Guardsman armour, adorned with the number 5 in gold over the letter Esk in black. "The Jedi may object, but that virus is too valuable to destroy. And don't expect his mercy from me."

"The door was sealed after we entered, but other than that, it shouldn't be too hard to get out of here." Andorra commented, following Matton out of the facility.

Republic Outpost

Komad then awoke, smiling after seeing both Belina alive and Iyav waiting for him outside. Though he was still groggy, he managed to easily get back on his feet. He then exited the room, and he and Iyav shared a passionate kiss. When their lips parted, Komad stated, "I told them it was just exhaustion, and I'd be fine."

"You were right, but they were just playing it safe." Iyav explained.

"What about Belina?" Komad inquired.

"They say she'll be fine, but some permanent scarring is to be expected. If it hadn't been for you, it would have been a lot worse." Iyav replied.

"They say she'll be fine, but some permanent scarring is to be expected. If it hadn't been for you, it would have been a lot worse."

Belina slowly got to her feet and left the room so she could talk with Komad. She figured that whoever would show up could say what they needed to say in front of Komad and Iyav.

"I need to thank you Komad...for healing me when I was in critical condition. If you hadn't been around I don't think I would have made it." Belina smiled at him. "If you ever decide you want to join the crew of the Ackbar you are more then welcome to."

A woman wearing a medic's uniform came around the corner followed by Garja. "Admiral Belina..." Garja said quietly as a smile appeared on his face. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you alive and well and I'm sure the rest of the crew share my thoughts."

"I bet your glad that I'm better." Belina said jokingly. "You probably thought that you would have to take my place as leader of the Republic Forces."

Garja smiled again. "I'm perfectly happy serving as second in command of the Republic forces. Your job requires too much paperwork."

Belina laughed and then turned to look at the medic who was waiting for her to finish speaking with Garja. "Excuse me for a moment, I think someone wishes to speak with me."

Garja nodded and then Belina turned to the medic. "So...how bad were my injuries?"

"As you know you were in critical condition when you were brought here. Thanks to the Jedi we were able to fix most of the injuries but there is a chance you may have some permanet scarring. As of now I want you to get plenty of bed rest here in the outpost."

Belina smiled. "I think you mean that you want me to go to the Ackbar and get plenty of rest aboard my flagship."

The medic sighed. Belina had a reputation of defying medical orders. To argue with the supreme commander of the republic forces was a lost cause.

"Very well."

R4 beeped as he reached the sealed door. Matton said, "Then try to override it you walking tin can."

R4 gave what sounded like a snort and began to try to override the doors to let them out.

Tonatius had his sword out in one hand and was supporting Kalla with the other. He looked around and said to no one in particular but it was loud enough for Pradhes and Andorra to hear, "I think we may be in some trouble."

Tavaryn looked at the newcomer with a bland expression that hid his thoughts well. He asked, "And what do you want with such a deadly virus? Better to destroy all traces."

An idea was forming in his mind and he hoped that this conversation would make the enemy troop leader drop his guard a fraction.

"Oh, we agree that in it's present form, it's too dangerous, but if we can refine it, and control it, we would have a powerful tool against the New Galactic Empire, and this so-called Undying Sith Empire." The unidentified human explained., keeping his own blaster pointed at the New Imperial trooper.

"Matton, it wasn't a priority at the time, but we don't know the composition of the door. Kalla's lightsaber might be able to cut through it." Andorra suggested, doubting that they'd last long if they were overrun by the remaining zombies.

"No," Tonatius said, "Not zombies, something else." He motioned to Andorra to take more support of Kalla and walked to one of the walls. Methodically, he ran his hands, barely touching the surface.

Meanwhile R4 was beeping something about needing more time to override security. Matton replied, "How much?"

After the response, Matton asked, "Can it be opened with the lightsaber?"

R4 warbled a response in the negatory. The alloy could be burned through but should the gas be released, there would be no way for them to seal the door. Matton then asked Pradhes, "This gas, it only affects you if you breathe it in right?"

"Too dangerous to have such a weapon. All it does is give a license to kill," Tavaryn replied. He was keeping an eye on the trooper with the remote. If he could get that remote, it could buy time for the others.

Jun-la looked at Pestilus. True he was weakened but that didn't mean that she should let her guard down even though her companions were safely away, especiallly Matton. She looked at the dark lord and said, "What do you intend to do now?"

Knowing Jun-la was alone, and not expecting retalation, Pestilus replied, "This." He then leeched away enough energy from Jun-la to heal himself and incapacitate her, but not enough to kill her. "You will recover. A death such as this is unworthy of you." He explained, fleeing, and finally returning to his ship. Its departure could be heard across the base.

"From what I can tell, it's only absorbed through the lungs, not the skin." Lenatha explained. "There was another door before the one that sealed itself. It was just as airtight, but there's less security on the controls." She added.

"We're aware of the risks, but our standing orders are clear: arm and protect the Third Galactic Republic against its enemies by any means available or necessary. And don't try ordering me to stand down; the Jedi Order has no jurisdiction over Echelon 5 operatives." The operative explained, switching his rifle to shotgun mode.

"Too dangerous to have such a weapon. All it does is give a license to kill,"

The Imperial troop commander looked uncertainly at Tavaryn and then at the mysterious man who had seemingly came out of nowhere. He slowly moved the hand holding the remote toward his belt, this was all of the opportunity that Alriana needed.

She closed her eyes and opened herself to the force and the remote slipped out of the commander's hand and flew to Alriana's free hand. She smiled and ducked down in case the commander ordered his men to fire at her.

The remote is secure. she sent to Tavaryn. If you are ready then I think it's time we get rid of these imperials.

"We're aware of the risks, but our standing orders are clear: arm and protect the Third Galactic Republic against its enemies by any means available or necessary. And don't try ordering me to stand down; the Jedi Order has no jurisdiction over Echelon 5 operatives."

Alriana was puzzled. Why would someone from the republic wish to get ahold of such a dangerous weapon. And what is Echelon 5? I don't remember hearing of them before.

She waited for Tavaryn to give her instructions before doing anything.

"As I said I am no Jedi," Tavaryn replied forcefully while making a slight movement of his fingers to indicate to Alriana that she could make her move. "I could draw on the Force just as any Force sensitive can but that doesn't make me a Jedi, Echleon 5" He looked at the mysterious man with a look that betrayed none of his thoughts.

There was a feeling though and he felt her distress. He only hoped that they could disarm the imperials and get to her.

Tonatius finished his search and said, "Our charges are not the only things here. I can feel the energies of grenade explosives. I think the enemy is trying to drive us out towards them."

Matton replied, "The critter down the hole trick. Damn." He paused for a moment and then looked back at the direction they had come. "Jun-la," was all he said and he ran back the way they came.

"Lady Jun-la is in trouble," Tonatius replied. "He would not have reacted like that if she wasn't." Turning to Pradhes he asked, "So we can use breathing gear to keep it from getting into our lungs if the worst should happen?"

Jun-la felt the surge of her energy being stripped from her and she felt weak suddenly and collapsed to the ground. It was one of the force powers that she hated the most. Still it put her at Pestilus' mercy and she knew that he knew it. Therefore it came as a surprise to her that he was allowing her to live. She looked at Pestilus before he retreated and spat out the only expletive that came to mind, "Sangtehut!"

As Pestilus turned to leave, she managed to summon enough energy to retaliate with a knife throw. It missed its mark but the message was clear. She then collapsed under exhaustion.

"Our goals may conflict, but we are not enemies." The Echelon 5 operative explained. "We both serve the Republic from behind the scenes, do we not? We're not so different, you and I."

"They will, that won't be a problem." Lenatha explained, putting one on herself, and then onto Kalla. Following suit, Andorra put one on herself.

"I could draw on the Force just as any Force sensitive can but that doesn't make me a Jedi, Echleon 5"

Alriana jumped down to the ground next to Tavaryn and smiled at the troops and at the man who was apprently from an unknown organization.

"I...on the other hand am a Jedi." Alriana said plesantly as she ignited her lighsaber and held it out in front of her. "And there are two things that i've come to hate. One of them being imperials...and the other being secret organizations that I've never heard of before."

"We both serve the Republic from behinds, do we not? We're not so different, you and I."

Alriana had to hold in a laugh at that. Tavaryn was nothing like this man. He would never use a weapon like the one that was being fought over.

The distraction was enough for Tavaryn to use a flicker of the Force to send the transmitter flying through the air. He covered by hand to hand techniques to get to the leader and engage him.

He said, "Sorry to break up your little party Imperial, but I can't let you have your transmitter."

Sorry to break up your little party Imperial, but I can't let you have your transmitter."

The Imperial looked down at his empty hand in surprise and narrowed his eyes at Tavaryn. He motioned for all of his men to aim their blasters at Tavaryn and Alriana.

"Very well. After we dispose of you we will simply wait for your friends to leave the lab and then dispose of them. Men! Open fire on the Jedi and her friend!"

Alriana jumped back just as a barrage of blaster bolts hit the area where she had just been standing. She brought her lightsaber up and deflected more bolts back to the imperials. A few of them were hit by the deflected bolts but the rest of them managed to dodge them.

She turned toward Tavaryn and caught one of the bolts that was aimed at him and deflected it into the cave wall behind the imperials.

"Alright men, the objective is threatened, fire at will." The Echelon 5 operative called out, eliciting a hail of blasterfire at the Imperial Troops, seeming to come out of nowhere.

At that point, Kalla somehow managed to regain consciousness, but she was still weak, and somewhat delirious. "My arm? I thought I ..." She commented, noticing that her arm had been reattached.

"Kalla, you need to rest." Lenatha advised her.

"I can help!" Kalla replied, attempting to grab her lightsaber, but only fumbling with her reattached arm.

"You're in no condition to fight, so get down, and be delicate with that arm. Doctor's orders." Lenatha insisted, managing to convince her. Kalla then got back down, keeping an eye on the door, at least until she lost consciousness again.

Tavaryn was momentarily surprised that Alriana jumped in to deflect the blaster bolt that he had sensed and was prepared to dodge. However it gave him ample opportunity to roll and retrieve his most prized possession. Igniting the lightsaber he had carried since a child he moved, using raw instinct and power to deflect the barrage of fire, making his way towards the transmitter which had lodged itself in a crevice. He only hoped that the Echleon 5 troopers didn't see it.

"Try to get the door open," he said to Alriana.

Tonatius watched as Kalla stirred and tried to use her lightsaber. When Pradhes insisted that she rest, he added, "Respect your healer mo chroi." He then looked up and said to everyone, "Battle has begun. R4, how much longer?"

The droid gave a beep and the huge bulkhead opened. TOnatius kissed Kalla on the forehead and said to Pradhes, "Get to the ship. I'll help Lady Jun-la." He then turned and drew his sword, ready to do battle.

Kalla managed to unclip her lightsaber with her left hand, and tossed it to Tonatius. "There's not much I can do with it right now." She explained. Lenatha then hoisted Kalla up over her shoulder, and carried her out, with Andorra covering them, Chetyrnadtsat drawn and ready to cut down any zombies they might come across..

"The objective is secure, cover me." The operative called out to his hidden colleagues. He then disappeared back into the shadows, presumably heading for the labs.

R4 beeped, guiding the way, leading Andorra, Kalla and Pradhes out of the caverns. Following the layout it had in its memory, he managed to lead the party away from the areas that could be infected but unfortunately came across another door that needed slicing. He beeped it to Andorra, asking her what to do.

Meanwhile Tonatius raced to where Matton had gone. He had on his breathing tool just in case something happened with the virus. He caught up with Matton who was holding Lady Jun-la. She didn't look well and she looked angry enough to make a Sith Lord cry. He said, "R4 got the doors open. We must leave."

"Pestilus got away," Jun-la grumbled as she tried to get up.

"He'll be dealt with later milady," Tonatius replied.

"Kid's right Jun-la. We have to be clear to set the charges off," Matton replied.

"That might be a problem. I detected military grade frag explosives. Someone is trying to flush us out."

"Then we got to disable them," Jun-la said and tried standing up only to totter over. Luckily Matton caught her.

"Easy there. Look, the kid and I will look for them and disable them. Just make sure your have a breath mask with you and stay here." It was an order but Matton had no choice.

Jun-la could do nothing but glare as Matton and Tonatius tried to find the explosives. She looked at the bulkhead she noticed after Pestilus escaped and thought she could hear the sounds of blaster shots and one, no two lightsabers.

The crevice was high so it would require Tavaryn to scale walls and luckily this place was full of handholds. Using systematic leaps and clutches, he managed to make his way towards the transmitter.

"Andorra, we don't have time to slice it, and it's too weak to contain the blast we'll be setting off anyway." Lenatha pointed out.

"R4, get back." Andorra instructed, and then she drove her sword into the control panel, forcing it open.

As Tavaryn reached the transmitter, he received a message on his communicator. "We got what we're after, and we're out. Do what you like with the base." The voice was clearly that of the Echelon 5 operative.

"Try to get the door open,"

Alriana nodded and ran to the door while still deflecting blaster bolts from the few remaining imperial troops. She turned around and deflected a few more blaster bolts back at the imperials, taking down some but leaving the commander and two of his men still standing.

I'm getting tired of this. It's time to finish this.

Alriana gathered the force around her until sweat dripped from her face and then unleashed a massive burst of force energy that sent the Imperial commander and his men flying into the wall behind them.

Alriana fell to her feet. That attack had taken quite a bit out of her. But at least now they had a few prisoners that might be able to answer questions.

"Do you have the remote yet?" She called out to Tavaryn.

R4 beeped in indignation as Andorra used her blade to force open the door. Still he had his orders to get the others out so he did. The particular tunnel he chose would bring them out of the caves close to the Ebon Hawk. They could get well enough ahead to escape the primary blasts. He beeped for the others to follow.

Tavaryn heard the communication and gave a raw growl. He despised weapons like the virus and the fact that the Republic wanted it made him feel sick. He ignored it as he snatched the transmitter and shut down the link to the explosives.

Looking around, and sensing a surge from the Force, he saw Alriana send the Imperials flying. Already he had leapt down from his vantage point and raced to catch her. As she crumbled, he caught her from behind and said, "Got it." He had moved so fast he would have been a blur. He held her up adding, "Been awhile hasn't it?"

Having finally made it to the Ebon Hawk, Lenatha sent out a message, "We're back at the Hawk now. We have Kalla on board and resting in the medbay. The RSS Enterprise has been contacted, and is en route. We're just waiting on you, Matton, and Jun-la."

Archived