Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VII: A Glimmer of Hope

Alkonium

"I can't either. I'm sorry."

Even as Alriana continued scanning the sky she could sense that Tavaryn was now uncomfortable around her, Should I tell him? He has saved my life more than once...but it's so difficult to speak of it. I just wish Tavaryn knew that I don't blame him...that he doesn't have to feel uncomfortable around me now.

Suddenly the comlink stopped sending out it's transmission as another transmission came through. "Hello Jedi? Are you and the shinigami alright? Come in."

Alriana pulled the comlink up off the ground and spoke into it. "This is Jedi knight Alriana. We are directly outside the collapsed cavern and I believe that both Tavaryn and I need medical assistance."

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Andorra, I think I've found them. Two lifesigns, one human, and one Avalonian." Lenatha told her, pointing them out on the speeder's radar. "We're only a few minutes out of visual range." Andorra commented.

"We're intercepting a transmission from them, requesting medical assistance." Lenatha added. She then sent out the message, "This is Doctor Lenatha Pradhes from the Ebon Hawk. Please state the nature of the medical emergency."

Haruka was relieved to hear at least the Jedi talking. He also picked up the rescue boat's transmission. He came around a bend and spotted them. he called, "This is Haruka. I have visual range. Checking it out now. Out."

He ran full speed towards the pair, his bag bouncing off his body until he reached them. "Good to see you Jedi. How bad?"

"Good to see you Jedi. How bad?"

Alriana looked back at Tavaryn and smiled before turning back to Haruka. "Thanks to Tavaryn, I'm uninjured, he managed to get me out of the cavern before it collapsed. I wish you could have seen it."

She turned back to Tavaryn. "I don't think his injuries are serious but I would appreciate it if you would look him over just in case."

"Wish I could've," Haruka replied as he unpacked his bag, "Haven't met a shinigami who didn't impress me yet."

Tavaryn saw Alriana smile at him and a small one tugged at the corner of his mouth. He began to tell Haruka what he thought about his injuries. "I'm not a doctor, but I can say just about everywhere is sore."

Haruka grinned, "Where is the worst?" At that moment, Pradhes and Andorra pulled up and Haruka helped Tavaryn into the speeder.

"Ribs. Hit a boulder hard." Tavaryn continued as if the conversation hadn't been interrupted. "Legs feel a bit jarred from the landing."

Haruka nodded and opened up patches for the numerous cuts and scrapes to Tavaryn's person. He inwardly winces at the blood streaks on his back not imaging what Tavaryn's back looked like. He opened up another patch and handed to Alriana. He explained, "Got a cut right there," and pointed to the right side of his face near his temple.

Tavaryn watched the exchange and felt even worse. For my 'praised' skill at observation, I crashed big time on this one. He reverted his gaze downward. "How long until the Hawk?" he muttered.

"I'll see what I can do here." Lenatha told Tavaryn, starting off with a disinfectant for his cuts and bruises.

"At top speed, around ten minutes." Andorra then informed him.

"Good thing for you we're due to rendezvous with a Republic Star Destroyer in orbit." Lenatha pointed out to Tavaryn, now working on bandaging up his wounds.

Tavaryn gave a slight nod of acknowledgement and concentrated on Pradhes' administering the disinfectant. It stung but he didn't flinch. He replied, "Is being patched up on the Hawk a bad thing?" He gave a grin to show that he was teasing her but it also kept his mind off the stinging.

Haruka kept an eye out for anything as he rode the speeder's backside, clinging to it with a firm but loosely held grip. It woud enable him to jump off at a moment's notice. He added to Pradhes' statement, "Just as long as there's plenty of rrom for two ships in the docking bay."

"Haven't met a shinigami who didn't impress me yet."

Alriana was forced to agree. Although she knew nearly nothing about the shinigami, based on what she had seen from Tavaryn she was forced to conclude that if all Shinigami were as talented as Tavaryn then attacking them would be a suicidal mistake.

She jumped into the speeder so that she was next to Haruka. She couldn't help but notice that Haruka seemed like he was ready to jump off the speeder at even the hint of danger.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing at all Jedi," Haruka replied, "Old habits." Then seeing that the Jedi wanted to know more, he explained, "You've been around Avalonians long enough to know that they are always alert if placed in dangerous situations. You don't survive long unless you are alert."

"That is true," Tavaryn added softly. "Call it a precaution if you like." He then went quiet as Pradhes continued her poking and prodding.

"That Sith Lord is long gone now, and the Geonosians aren't our enemies." Andorra pointed out. "I'm not sure what it is you have to worry about."

"And we're just about there, anyway." Lenatha added. "Look."

At that point, Andorra drove the speeder up the ship's loading ramp, and into the garage.

"Let's get Tavaryn to the medbay. Carefully." Lenatha instructed Alriana and Haruka, while Andorra rushed to the bridge.

"Everyone's aboard, we're good to go." She explained to Matton.

Matton replied, "All systems are go. As soon as everyone is ready, will blast off and burn sky."

Meanwhile Haruka helped Alriana bring Tavaryn to the medbay. Tavaryn was trying to walk on his own two legs but they kept buckling from the effects of the landing he achieved. He despised showing weakness. Haruka knew the feeling and took Tavaryn's arm and threw it over his shoulders to steady him. He said to Alriana, "You might want to help the doc with the equipment."

Tonatius heard the commotion but didn't move from his spot by the dormitory door. He sat there still feeling like the idiot.

"You might want to help the doc with the equipment."

Alriana simply nodded and moved over to where the Doctor was busy with the medical instruments, but before helping she looked back at Tavaryn who was still having problems walking and standing. She had spent enough time with him that she knew he hated showing weakness of any type.

I can only hope that he gets well soon. she thought as she turned around and faced the doctor once more.

"Do you require any assistance?" She asked.

Jun-la meanwhile appeared from the direction of the medbay. She approached Alriana and said, "I could use some help getting extra supplies from the cargo bay. Come with?"

She had seen her uncle being supported by the younger Avalonian and judging by the way he kept his head down, she guessed something had happened in the canyon. She was curious about it and hoped that the Jedi would trust her enough to confide in her.

Kalla, however, was woken up by the commotion. "I wonder what that's about." She commented. "I understand why you were nervous before. To be honest, I've never been intimate with, well, a man, before, and only once with a woman." At her admission, Kalla's cheeks turned an odd purple colour, clearly what blushing looked like with her green skin.

"Yes, administer this anaesthetic while I try to examine his ribs. Doesn't look good so far." Lenatha replied.

"Everyone's accounted for and settled in. We can take off at any moment." Andorra explained, taking the third seat in the cockpit. "Do you want me to alert the Enterprise that we're on our way?"

"I could use some help getting extra supplies from the cargo bay. Come with?"

Alriana looked over to the twi'lek doctor and shrugged her shoulders. "I'll be back as soon as I help Jun-la get some of those supplies. Feel free to start without me."

Alriana then turned to Jun-la and smiled. "The sooner we get the supplies the sooner I can get back to helping the doctor." She said as she took a last look at Tavaryn before following Jun-la.

"It is I who should apologise moi chroi," Tonatius replied being the gentleman he was. "I've been told that I have a tendency to have a lack of sensitivity." He had wandered back into the dormitory and noticed Kalla blushing. He sat near her wondering what else to say or do.

Haruka finished helping Tavaryn onto the bed. He said, "I'm going back to our ship. Meet you on the Enterprise or whatever that ship is."

Tavaryn nodded. "You did well kid."

"Didn't do so bad yourself," Haruka replied before disappearing down the loading ramp. He paused by Pradhes and gave as a side whisper, "Take care of him please."

Meanwhile, Jun-la led Alriana to the cargo bay and opened a cylinder that was marked with a medical insignia. She began pulling out things that she was sure Pradhes would need, specifically anitseptic and anesthetic. She handed them to Alriana saying, "From the looks of things, you and my uncle had a rough day."

Matton replied, "Tell em we're coming, princess. At least this take off will be smoother than the last one."

"From the looks of things, you and my uncle had a rough day."

Alriana chuckled slightly as she took the medical supplies. That was an vast understatement. "Your uncle managed to save my life two or three times today, I lost count. First the Geonosians wanted to take my prisoner for something that happened before I was frozen, he managed to persuade the geonosians to give me a second chance."

She chuckled again.

"And then he managed to get me out of the cavern while it was collapsing and he managed to bang himself up while doing that. Needless to say it has been a very eventful day."

Alriana shook her head slightly. "Your uncle is a great man...and I should have been kinder to him when he...Never mind." she finished quietly.

Jun-la chuckled with Alriana but listened when she heard the conversation change tone. She said gently, "He is kindness of itself, like my father and his sister. It is said that it comes from their parents." She looked at Alriana closely. Something stood out and she said, "I sense that you both are close. Close enough to where he hurts when you are hurt."

It was prying and Jun-la knew it but if Alriana made the choice to divulge or not, she would respect that. She waited for the Jedi to speak as she pulled some bandages and kolto patches out before sealing the cylinder.

Tavaryn was trying to hold his pain in, not willing to so how hurt he was. Still he couldn't help but wince and give a hiss of air as Pradhes examined his ribs. He said, "I think I've gotten more affection from the rocks I landed on."

"He is kindness of itself, like my father and his sister. It is said that it comes from their parents."

Alriana nodded in agreement. Tavaryn had been very kind to her since she had been taken out of Cryo-sleep. In fact he he had saved her life when she had gotten herself in trouble with the empire. She owed him so much...

"I sense that you both are close. Close enough to where he hurts when you are hurt."

"It's...complicated. I hurt your uncle today, very badly. I think your uncle cares for me and when he got close to me..I hurt him without meaning to. When I was frozen all those years ago...the imperials decided to..." Alriana choked back a sob. They had come for her...with strange creatures that had rendered her force powers useless.

Tears ran down her face as she turned to look at Jun-la. "I was hurt all those years ago, hurt badly. Tavaryn has been so kind to me...I think he deserves to know what happened to me...but the one chance I did have to tell me...I screwed it up."

Jun-la listened in sympathy. She pulled a cloth that she had from her belt and held it out to Alriana. She didn't offer to wipe the tears away out of respect for Alriana's person. She replied gently, "I think if you were to ask him, he would say that you didn't hurt him but that he hurt himself."

Knowing that it was confusing, Jun-la attempted to explain, "He must have realized why you did what you did and felt ashamed with himself. I think he does care for you otherwise he wouldn't be trying so hard to avoid looking at you. He is ashamed for making you remember a painful memory." Jun-la looked gave a slight smile at nothing in particular before continuing, "He will probably be stubborn about it but you still have a chance to tell him what you want to tell him. He will listen even though he probably will be trying to avoid you. Just remember that you have a friend willing to help you."

Jun-la then smiled a warm gentle smile despite her tiredness and walked towards the medbay. Trust me as a friend Alriana.

"He must have realized why you did what you did and felt ashamed with himself. I think he does care for you otherwise he wouldn't be trying so hard to avoid looking at you. He is ashamed for making you remember a painful memory he will probably be stubborn about it but you still have a chance to tell him what you want to tell him. He will listen even though he probably will be trying to avoid you. Just remember that you have a friend willing to help you."

Alriana took the offered cloth and wiped her tears away and then smiled at Jun-la. "Thank you for talking with me. I do feel a bit better knowing that I can still talk to him."

Alriana started out the door with the medical supplies in hand. "In any case, I think it would be a good idea to get these supplies to the doctor. We don't want to keep her waiting."

Jun-la smiled and made a soft noise in her throat, one of contentment and followed Alriana to the medbay with the supplies. She tried not to wince at the sight of her uncle's injuries but instead concentrated on the offering, "Here Dr. Pradhes. I think that should do it. Please tell me if you need anything else."

"I always felt you were more sensitive than me." Kalla commented. "I'm the one who's always failing to think about other people's inhibitions, including you. But in spite of all that, you stay with me. I could never hurt you, and I trust you to never hurt me."

"Enterprise, this Andorra Evenstar on the Ebon Hawk, requesting permission to dock. We are carrying wounded passengers and vital data concerning the Imperial Bio-Weapon. Please respond. Over." Andorra sent out.

After a few seconds, a message managed to get through: "This is Enterprise. We read you loud and clear. Port Hangar Four is being prepared for your arrival."

"You are moi chroi," Tonatius replied, "My heart. My first and last." He picked up Kalla's good hand and held it between his, caressing the palms in a soothing manner. Leaning over, he gave a gentle kiss on Kalla's forehead.

"Better hope there's room for that Avalonian vessel," Matton added in a drawl. "We're coming right up."

He then keyed the intercom to the medbay and said, "Make sure you got everything stable in there Doc. We're taking off."

Tavaryn was still wincing when he noticed Alriana with his brother's daughter. He gulped for air silently aware that to turn away now would probably make his injuries worse but also hurt her. He gave a slight smile in Alriana's direction unaware that it was mixture of pain and sorrow.

Archived