Home

Dragon Age 2: Iron Heel, Iron Hand (The ANTI-HAWKE!)

Tysyacha

DRAGON AGE II: IRON HEEL, IRON HAND

[rant]

I am very ticked at BioWare right now for trying to turn one of the most incredible and in-depth RPG's of the 2000's into a fantasy version of Mass Effect 2. Let's face it, Hawke is the medieval Commander Shepard, and people are going to be comparing Hawke's companions to those in ME2. Here's a little hypothetical question: What if you really don't give a fig leaf about the upcoming Champion of Kirkwall, and want to continue the REAL storylines of Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: Awakening? If you do, join up! :)

[/rant off]

OUR STORY THUS FAR:

Sometimes the greatest heroes become the most reprehensible rulers. Such is the case with His Majesty Aedan Cousland, now King of Ferelden for five long years. Alongside his wife, the beautiful Queen Anora, Aedan rules with an iron hand, crushing the populace beneath his iron heel. After saving the realm of Ferelden almost single-handedly from the archdemon and the darkspawn, Aedan believes that the common folk owe him more than simple gratitude. He demands their allegiance and unquestioning obedience, and some wonder if Teyrn Loghain Mac Tir would have been any different if HE were monarch...

Intending to punish Orlais for occupying his native country, Cousland intends to wage a pre-emptive war against Ferelden's former conquerors. Will he fail in his vendetta, and mission to make Ferelden the new superpower of Thedas? Or will the prophetic words of Flemeth, the elusive and still-breathing Witch of the Wilds, again prove true: "Men's hearts hold secrets darker than any tainted creature?" Only time will tell...

ALLOWED RACES: Dwarf, Elf, Human, Qunari

ALLOWED ARCHETYPES: Warrior, Rogue, Mage

ALLOWED SPECIALIZATIONS: All in Origins or Awakening, or your own!

RESTRICTIONS: Dwarves cannot be Mages.

NAME: Perdante (my last Perdante incarnation, I swear!) Avrait

ARCHETYPE: Warrior

SPECIALIZATION: Champion/Berserker

BACKSTORY: As an Orlesian who has come to Ferelden to eradicate the remainder of the darkspawn threat, Perdante is finding it difficult to know her "place" in her new homeland. A lover of all things mysterious and a loather of all things related to the Chantry, will this warrior rise or fall?

Perdante (my last Perdante incarnation, I swear!) Avrait

You sure about that...-_-.... :D

ALLOWED RACES: Dwarf, Elf, Human, Qunari

Ah, I was hoping I could be a Darkspawn or something (bummer). Oh well, I'll fill out the below character sheet in a bit.

NAME: "The Frail" (He's nothing special, but if I had to take a guess, Darkspawn name themselves by title, as we've seen throughout the two games e.g. - "The Withered", "The First", etc.)

ARCHETYPE: Reverted Warrior

SPECIALIZATION: He has none for now, but he can be taught....Hm?..Interesting.

BACKSTORY: As with all Emissaries, "The Frail" was no different than the rest, he started out as a Hurlock soldier, rising through the ranks due to his cunning and martial prowess, eventually making it to the 'rank' of Alpha. With time The Blight began to grow in the lands of Fereldan, and "The Frail" proved himself further, eventually becoming an Emissary, a Darkspawn leader charged with seeing to the will of The Archdemon amongst the Darkspawn hordes. His time was nothing special during the blight, as any Emissary he carried out his duties of supporting the Darkspawn forces with the rare use of magic; he was at the fall of Lothering, and he marched on the city of Denerim when the Archdemon rose.

After the Archdemon fell, he, along with the other Darkspawn, fled to the north and there, like it is known, the Darkspawn split into factions. He was not won over by either side for quite some time, until almost near the end of the conflicts that had arisen in the north. He was finally won over by "The Architect's" greater sense of reason, and was thus named "The Frail", although not for any weakness, but for his aversion towards the near-like Bloodmagic that he had learned to use as an Emissary in the service of the Archdemon (which he denounced, and although he's still capable in magic use, he's gone back to being a warrior, like he was as an Alpha). Due to his joining "The Architect" near the end of the conflicts he was unable to go through with being 'freed' from his compulsions to seek out the Old Gods, and remained the same (for the time being), but because he was an Emissary, (thus a far more intelligent Hurlock than normal, even capable of speech), he has resisted those urges with help from "The Architect", who had advised him in the matter shortly before he was sent away into the south, almost moments before the final events of the northern (Amaranthine) conflicts.

He wanders about aimlessly, trying to follow the advise of "The Architect" and help those he can, but inevitably stirring up more trouble than doing good, all because of what he is. He lacks any great knowledge of special skill and works alone on the merits of simply being a warrior, though, he even knows that he isn't beyond being taught the alien forms of combat the other races know.

Bad background story, but it was all I could do for now. :)

Side Note: If he doesn't get taught by anyone, I'll just have him eventually learn some specialization.

I have to agree with you about Dragon Age 2. Bioware reaaallly dropped the ball on that one. The main reason I bought Origins was because it played like a classic CRPG.

Well here's my sheet. I haven't roleplayed in a while so I hope it's up to par. Here's one of my favorite kinds of Rogues; a bow wielding Ranger.

EDIT:

NAME: Cairn Nethaline

ARCHETYPE: Rogue

SPECIALIZATION: Ranger

BACKSTORY: A regular friend of wandering apostates and animals. Cairn enjoys the peace and quiet of Brecilian Forest.Once a denizen of Denerim's Alienage; preferring the peace and quiet of the various fauna around Ferelden. Cairn enjoys fletching arrows and the occasional company of few. As a regular hunter of animals, his greatest fear includes intelligent Darkspawn and Werewolves. A survivalist by nature Cairn prefers rough and unyielding landscape to the progress of man.

*shakes an angry fist at Bioware*

NAME: Shadow Amell

ARCHETYPE: Mage

SPECIALIZATION: None at the moment.

BACKSTORY: A young mage who much like most of his fellow members of the Circle of Magi was taken from his families as a young child and has no clue about his past or hertiage. However as a member of the Circle he has been raised not to care. There is a rumour that unlike other children of the Circle, he wasn't rather found by the Mages but rather he found the Mages. Never really being abled to make sense of the rumour he has choosen to ignore it and dedicates his life to being the best Mage the Circle has produced, having only recently passed the Harrowing.

I'll allow that, because Dragon Age: Awakening did with "The Architect" and "The Mother"! :) However, in terms of classes, the only way you could be a "mage" was if you were a Genlock/Hurlock Emissary. :D Or, maybe I'm wrong...:D

Ah, you are too kind Tysy, thank you.

Side Note: steven! You're back! Welcome back to the fold my friend, we have missed you in the DTC. :whtsmile:

Here is a list of the things Aedan Cousland did besides marrying Queen Anora:

Convinced Zathrian to break the werewolf curse in "Nature of the Beast"

Preserved the Anvil of the Void/sided with Branka in "A Paragon of Her Kind"

Killed the mages in "Broken Circle" (Aedan thinks all mages are cursed and evil)

Preserved the Urn of Sacred Ashes in "The Arl of Redcliffe"

Fought the demon and killed Connor/refused to sacrifice Isolde or get the mages

Fought and killed the dragon who was said to be the incarnation of Andraste

Betrayed Alistair and had Loghain become a Grey Warden after being defeated

Accepted Morrigan's offer of giving her a child with the archdemon's essence (because he had the hots for Morrigan even though he married Queen Anora)

Struck the final blow against the archdemon himself and survived!

EDIT: Perdante is a Warrior now, a Champion and Berserker. Huzzah! :D

I REALLY hate to double post, but I feel this RP needs to be given a good swift kick to the butt to get it moving again. :mad:

Any one of you two want to post sometime soon? Tysy left a great spot open for one of you two to run in to/trip over her character so you guys can get your characters introduced to hers. I most definitely don't want to see this RP die!!! :(

......Anyone out there want to join? We could really use the blood-flow. :whtsmile:

Archived