Home

Jedi in need

jooeph

I'm having a little problem with Knights of the Old Republic. It seems like every time I try to kill the giant firaxa shark by poisoning the water the game crashes. I've tried to save using a different save game, I've tried to over write a saved game and I still get the same result "CRASH"!!! Has anyone run into this problem. I don't think the people at Lucusarts support can help me due to all the mods I'm currently using especially Brotherhood of the Shadow.

If anyone can help I would certainly love to hear from you. I'm at the point where I'm getting the last star map and if I can't get past this point I'm screwed!

Joe B... A Jedi in need

Very odd.... I am curious if you have looked at the quest for Manaan in KSE. Check your numerics and booleans, see if there is anything "wonky" there.

AFAIK, this is a singular issue, and very few mods affect the underwater base, actually none that I can think of.... But the Bandon encounter comes to mind... have you encountered Bandon previously or did you encounter him on Manaan? Also, who do you have in your party down there? I know that they are not with you when you go "out" into the water, but some party NPC's appearances can do weird things to the game when modded.

You stated BoS... did you mean BoS:SR? Just curious, as their was some "fixing" that occurred from BoS to BoS:SR, not that I think either would be a likely candidate.

I started looking at other post and found a person that was having a similar problem. His solution was to type in: "disable vertex buffer objects =1"

in the graphics options ini files. That seemed to work cause after that I was able to proceed and get the star map on Manaan. Of course now I have a different problem. This one deals with Brotherhood of the Shadow Solomen's Revenge. I now have the problem that I can't begin the Black Man Robe quest. You go back to the Ebon Hawk and ask Shadow questions about her past, with Reven, etc. but no question appears about the black man robe!

If you go off the Ebon Hawk the character you first met respawns and no quest! Now I did find someone who had this exact same problem but I never found anyone who responded with a solution. Could anyone help me on this?

Jedi in need!

Archived