Home

Jabba's Slave Dancer...

hezekiaah

Thanks for the good point Cafiwam, yeah it'd have been difficult for Leia to strangle Jabba with her chain if it wasn't somehow hooked into the dais as well - I just thought that was a movie mistake. Does make the idea of Oola escaping a big silly then if she knew she couldn't pull her chain away. Don't know why she was yanking so much on it then - probably just not thinking in the moment.

Also, doubly good catch/point Sith Lord; as cool an additional scene as that would be, you're probably right in and that it was just a between-take thing and not filmed. Makes sense.

Thanks, Yup it was in between takes for the special edition shooting, They used Femi Taylor again for Oola, Because she hadn't really changed much, I will post up the interview for everyone to read!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the good point Cafiwam, yeah it'd have been difficult for Leia to strangle Jabba with her chain if it wasn't somehow hooked into the dais as well - I just thought that was a movie mistake. Does make the idea of Oola escaping a big silly then if she knew she couldn't pull her chain away. Don't know why she was yanking so much on it then - probably just not thinking in the moment.

I think you've already provided an explanation for this in an earlier post. Since Jabba was a puppet it wasn't really feasible for him to be pulling Oola around, so Femi had to do all the action herself pretending to have a violent tug of war with the hutt. So it looks like she's the one yanking on the chain while Jabba is just sitting there more likely out of inability to do it any differently. If it was done intentionally it was to show how horrible his plans for her were and just how frightened and digusted she was. My bets are on the first explanation though.

I think you've already provided an explanation for this in an earlier post. Since Jabba was a puppet it wasn't really feasible for him to be pulling Oola around, so Femi had to do all the action herself pretending to have a violent tug of war with the hutt. So it looks like she's the one yanking on the chain while Jabba is just sitting there more likely out of inability to do it any differently. If it was done intentionally it was to show how horrible his plans for her were and just how frightened and digusted she was. My bets are on the first explanation though.

Regardless of reason she still became Rancor chow, Gosh i really miss her LOL!

• 3 months later...

oola is my favorite star wars character in the original trilogy. I personally think she looks hot. I saw a recent photo of Femi Taylor, Oola, at a convention and she still looks great! I just wish I had the guts to go up at Celebration III in Indy and ask for an autograph. I was so afraid I would say something stupid like " I Love You" or something! LOL! Plus my mom and younger brother were beside me!

I couldn't remember the scene with Oola so I read a few posts on this thread thinking that you were all talking about Sy Snootles! Pretty strange experience.

Now do the male Twi'leks prefer the ones with the largest brain-tails?

• 2 years later...

Archived